Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127Next
Current Page: 126 of 127
Re: How do you read "Last trip in Europe!"?
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 6, 2014 15:10

spsimmons
BV
This is the last tour.

I do not accept this answer!! Although we all know it's been coming.

Why don't you accept it then?

Nate

Date: July 6, 2014 15:11

I'm booking my trip to Australia this week

Nate

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 6, 2014 15:38

bv
This is the last tour.
Can't resist.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 6, 2014 16:26

bv
This is the last tour.

That sounds very likely I'd say. There simply isn't time to take a break of 5 years like in the past and then get back on the road again.
On the other hand, they could extend the current tour with shorter breaks in between to last until let's say the fall of 2015 and then call it quits.
A couple of Hyde Park gigs or a series of shows at the O2 Arena in London next year would be a nice way to end it all.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 6, 2014 16:50

bv
This is the last tour.

thumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs downthumbs down

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 6, 2014 17:01

...before the next one, ofcourse!

Date: July 6, 2014 17:32

I can see it going on for a bit yet and ending up with a 100th anniversary gig in Dartford

smoking smiley

Nate

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: July 6, 2014 17:34

bv
This is the last tour.
While this makes perfect sense it's sad, sad, sad news. I really needed one more fix in New York but I take BV's comments at face value. What will become of Micawber, Sunny, Malcolm and Dice? Locked away in plexi cases to rot, soaked in blood, spit and sweat. Make up dates in Australia and that's it, no special last show ceremonial BS. That's the cool way to do it and so it will be.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: July 6, 2014 17:35

bv
This is the last tour.

BV:
With all due respect, you can not drop a bomb like that and then go silent. We all trust you to have the closest to official as we get. So... What's up.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 6, 2014 17:37

Bob C.
bv
This is the last tour.

BV:
With all due respect, you can not drop a bomb like that and then go silent. We all trust you to have the closest to official as we get. So... What's up.
No South America of last london concert then ?

Date: July 6, 2014 17:37

DoomandGloom
bv
This is the last tour.
While this makes perfect sense it's sad, sad, sad news. I really needed one more fix in New York but I take BV's comments at face value. What will become of Micawber, Sunny, Malcolm and Dice? Locked away in plexi cases to rot, soaked in blood, spit and sweat. Make up dates in Australia and that's it, no special last show ceremonial BS. That's the cool way to do it and so it will be.

The US will probably again be part of this "last tour"..

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: July 6, 2014 17:43

bv
This is the last tour.

That's some news..

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 6, 2014 17:49

bv
This is the last tour.

How do you know this. Inform us, please.

Jeroen

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 6, 2014 18:26

Rik
bv
This is the last tour.

That's some news..

Quite some news indeed, "last tour of Europe" to be consistent with the post in the main tour thread (SA and then London). Besides bv said there was talk for the first of a "LAST" tour, so now it seems it's more than just some talking ;-)

As for the legend, it's probably just the last trip of the tour, it would be quite out of character for Mick to drop/authorize a hint about their touring days.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: memofromdylan ()
Date: July 6, 2014 18:27

The solid rumours of South America, the States & London in 2015 would necessitate a new tour concept...farewell? But no, Keith has said "until the wheels fall off"
They're holding pretty steady thus far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 18:29 by memofromdylan.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 6, 2014 18:28

The photo was posted by Mick on his Facebook, and later "shared" by the Rolling Stones. The comment is his.

Suspect it simply meant his last flight on the Euro leg, nothing more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 18:29 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: July 6, 2014 19:04

I am sure that Mick meant last trip of this european tour . But i am also sure that they will not tour europe anymore. Maybe few gigs in london or paris, but Tours Are over.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 6, 2014 19:24

Last european Tour before (today) still hypothetical more dates in South America and England in 2015.

After, I understand reading BV there won't be a new Tour.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 19:29 by powerage78.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 6, 2014 20:44

This tour is the tour of shows that was announced 15-oct-2012 officially.

[www.iorr.org]

First they called it "50 and Counting". Then they planned for a bunch of shows in LA, NY, London, but changed into highest bidder and we got some shows in North America. Then they did Asia, Australia and NZ, with a delay in that leg. Before that they planned for and just finished off the European leg of this same tour, the "whatever you call it "50 and counting and 14 on fire and 15 more shows" and so on.

It is a world tour. They wish to make that tour complete with South America Feb/Mar 2015 of course, and I get info about offers from that area. Then they have done the world tour this time, which I have reason to believe is the last tour. They might end up with a final London summer 2015 bit with Hyde Park shows, that would be a bonus. But I don't understand why people expect Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie, now in their 70's, with grandchildren and great grandchildren to tour every year.

I talk to hundreds of insiders and sources, and there is never one single source of information. Also, I would never publish any references to sources in general. Feel free to trust me or other sources. But, since 15-Oct-2012 I have said : If you want to see the Stones, do it now, and be prepared to travel. It is more valid than ever.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 6, 2014 20:52

bv
They might end up with a final London summer 2015 bit with Hyde Park shows

Surely they could do Wembley or even the Olympic Stadium? With the release of SSS last year, I see that as the band marking their return to Hyde Park as kind of significant historically.

Hopefully a couple of o2 shows, making it full circle.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 6, 2014 20:53

Ok bv, thank you for clearing that up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 20:54 by GJV.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 6, 2014 20:55

BV, according your sources and insiders and in your opinion a new studio album is in their plans or not?!Thanks for your reply!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 6, 2014 20:56

I know London is not till summer 2015, but so much to look forward to till then.

Already looking at air fares to Buenos Aires and Rio from London, in preparation.

I'm gonna be there. smoking smiley

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 6, 2014 20:56

bv

[www.iorr.org]

First they called it "50 and Counting". Then they planned for a bunch of shows in LA, NY, London, but changed into highest bidder and we got some shows in North America. Then they did Asia, Australia and NZ, with a delay in that leg. Before that they planned for and just finished off the European leg of this same tour, the "whatever you call it "50 and counting and 14 on fire and 15 more shows" and so on.

It is a world tour. They wish to make that tour complete with South America Feb/Mar 2015 of course, and I get info about offers from that area. Then they have done the world tour this time, which I have reason to believe is the last tour. They might end up with a final London summer 2015 bit with Hyde Park shows, that would be a bonus. But I don't understand why people expect Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie, now in their 70's, with grandchildren and great grandchildren to tour every year.

I talk to hundreds of insiders and sources, and there is never one single source of information. Also, I would never publish any references to sources in general. Feel free to trust me or other sources. But, since 15-Oct-2012 I have said : If you want to see the Stones, do it now, and be prepared to travel. It is more valid than ever.

Agree.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: July 6, 2014 20:58

Thank you B.V

Nate

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 6, 2014 20:59

"If you want to see the Stones, do it now, and be prepared to travel. It is more valid than ever." Thank you.

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: July 6, 2014 21:06

bv
This is the last tour.

You are right; The Never Ending Steel Wheels Tour, 1989-20??, really IS the last tour!

Priest

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 6, 2014 21:14

The Stones will never quit. Maybe not tour like this but they will never quit.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 6, 2014 21:43

bv

[www.iorr.org]

Yes. It started as four shows, London and NYC. And before that, they were rumours, and also statement from Chuck, about residency shows in London.

So residency show v. tour

Maybe the next time?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: July 6, 2014 22:01

bv

[www.iorr.org]

Agree +1.
But maybe a new album? :-)

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127Next
Current Page: 126 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home