Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127Next
Current Page: 124 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 and on - dates and more
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 1, 2014 18:10

Holydays and relax: Caicos, Mustique and Charlie will go at some Horses fair...But what a pity...They could make some recording 'cause they are very hot and in a great shape!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 2, 2014 17:47

babyblue
Wonder what the boys will do now for 3 months off and more.

Wonder what they will do over Christmas and into the next year.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 3, 2014 15:33

So it's the last date of the European tour tonight and it seems the "14 shows format" is a "sweet spot" of sorts both for the band (some recent reports say that they seemed to be on "autopilot" after the Berlin and Paris climaxes) and the fans...yeah, there'd be an easy way to "spice" things up but we know that won't happen. Come to think of it, it's too bad because one, just one, rarity, like SOL in Rome or LARS in Madrid, makes a show instantly "memorable"...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 3, 2014 17:37

gotdablouse
So it's the last date of the European tour tonight and it seems the "14 shows format" is a "sweet spot" of sorts both for the band (some recent reports say that they seemed to be on "autopilot" after the Berlin and Paris climaxes) and the fans...yeah, there'd be an easy way to "spice" things up but we know that won't happen. Come to think of it, it's too bad because one, just one, rarity, like SOL in Rome or LARS in Madrid, makes a show instantly "memorable"...

Well, Stockholm was very memorable for me, and it was one of the best Stones gigs for me, since 1976.
Jeroen

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 3, 2014 20:59

Any guesses, or rumors, of which months for South America?

Re: If A South America Tour Happens...
Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: July 3, 2014 21:16

dcba
Mick's watching all the Football World Cup... not because he likes this sport but because he peeps inside the stadium : "Mmmm we could pack 80K people here, 70K there... 4 shows at least. Now I have to find a Brazilian promoter with a strong guarantee". grinning smiley

LOL I was thinking the same thing....those shots of the stadiums on TV in the beginning of the games, every time they show one, I'm always like "yup, I could definitely see the Stones playing there"! He loves football but somehow we all KNOW he also pays attention to this stuff....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-03 21:18 by Turning To Gold.

Date: July 4, 2014 01:20

Thank you to the Stones for a great summer tour. I had a blast!!!

See you guys in the fall.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 4, 2014 01:38

Yes thanks for a wonderful 3 shows in Paris,Rome and Madrid next stop Sydney cool smiley

Nate

Posted by: canuguessmyname ()
Date: July 4, 2014 05:13

They have time for a US Tour!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 4, 2014 11:37

So we got 14 shows in Europe. Not bad. What is next?

- Australia and New Zealand (Oct/Nov 2014)
- South America (Feb/Mar 2015 - rumoured)
- London summer 2015 (may be)

Remember they do one tour leg at the time. The above info is based on rumours and good information, not just a dream. We are lucky to have the band opf our lives around for more than 50 years - not as faded stars but great as ever.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-04 16:33 by bv.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 4, 2014 11:47

London Summer 2015.

Nice.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: July 4, 2014 11:50

london summer 2015 - no complaint from me cool smiley

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: July 4, 2014 12:06

bv
So we got 14 shows in Europe. Not bad. What is next?

- Australia and New Zealand (Oct/Nov 2014)
- South America (Feb/Mar 2015 - rumoured)

Remember they do one tour leg at the time. The above info is based on rumours and good information, not just a dream. We are lucky to have the band opt our lives around for more than 50 years - not as faded stars but great as ever.

The Asian and European tour have been an absolute pleasure to witness. I was all set to go down under and watch them last time but this time I won't be able to get any free time. South America and London though....BRING IT ON!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-04 16:34 by bv.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 4, 2014 13:22

Kind of hoping the Stones will do Europe next summer and hit the Cities they missed this time.....Dublin,Prague,Liverpool,Helsinki.....etc we shall see....enjoy the rest of the summer....and catch Dylan if you can.M

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 4, 2014 13:36

Enthusiastic and younger audiences in Central and Easter Europe deserve future Rolling Stones shows.
What about Budapest, Prague, Warsaw, Krakow, Belgrade, Zagreb, Ljubljana, Athen, Buchuresti, the Baltic states, even Moscow etc.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 4, 2014 15:01

It looks like they will do it like this year. One tour of South America in Feb/Mar, then do North America like we heard before and at the end close it with 3/4 big shows in Great Britain like we had Hyde Park and Glastonbury in 2013.
And after that waiting on the 60th anniversary winking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 4, 2014 15:10

London 2015 sounds good and would be a good way of ending the "50th and Counting" tour after getting it started there in November 2012. That probably means the same "format" though so "completists" only ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 4, 2014 15:14

bv

- South America (Feb/Mar 2014 - rumoured)

The above info is based on rumours and good information, not just a dream.

RE London I'd imagine them do a 7-10 shows residency (at the O2?) with a revolving setlist. Arenas are where they play best.

Date: July 4, 2014 15:43

That would be cool if S. America happens around Feb/March. Leave winter behind here and travel for a month in some nice weather. Get back rest up and travel the US/Canada again.

Please happen. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 4, 2014 16:12

London....summer 2015 , yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great, this time i wont mention Amsterdam Ziggodome as a possibility, !

Jeroen

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 4, 2014 16:37

Also, this is the first time there are talks about the LAST tour. This one. Please do not have too high expectations. The European shows were a great bonus. I don't see a secondary markers tour coming.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 4, 2014 16:37

Enthusiastic and younger audiences in Central and Easter Europe deserve future Rolling Stones shows.
What about Budapest, Prague, Warsaw, Krakow, Belgrade, Zagreb, Ljubljana, Athen, Buchuresti, the Baltic states, even Moscow etc.

God, I wish! It was a real shame the Stones snubbed these regions. Maybe not Russia - PITA getting visa, and tix will be bags of roubles.

Posted by: memofromdylan ()
Date: July 4, 2014 16:38

If Europe proved anything, this is not a band going through the motions and there is some real warmth on stage I think we haven't seen in a long while. There seems to be a sense of urgency, and I'm loving the festival fever, keep playing those young summer crowds. The legs of this tour could go on indefinitely. If we're talking London 2015, then why not another go round of the States, Europe, Asia?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-04 16:39 by memofromdylan.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 4, 2014 17:09

England 2015 please please bring it on.

Sunny Brum, Mick.thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 4, 2014 18:06

bv
Also, this is the first time there are talks about the LAST tour. This one. Please do not have too high expectations. The European shows were a great bonus. I don't see a secondary markers tour coming.

No Expectations... But,.. the success of these shows and last years will hopefully be enough for another bow...

Date: July 4, 2014 18:14

BV, are there any chance to see the Stones next summer in London with some new songs in the set list taken from a new studio album...Is there a new studio album eventually in their future plans?!Thanks for your reply!

Date: July 4, 2014 18:18

In my opinion they don't sounded so good from 1999 "NS security Tour", don't you?!Rome...What a wonderful show!!!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 4, 2014 20:54

corriecas
London....summer 2015 , yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great, this time i wont mention Amsterdam Ziggodome as a possibility, !

Jeroen

London 2015 - wonderful. Mick mentioned he wanted to do HP more times.

Just come and I will show up every time. Will dedicated my 2015 vacation to Stones in London.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 4, 2014 21:21

What are the chances of them coming to the US again, they missed half the country and so many major markets last time around. My wife is absolutely dying to see them. My dream would be to see them play at Red Rocks.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: July 5, 2014 03:22

MisterDDDD
bv

No Expectations... But,.. the success of these shows and last years will hopefully be enough for another bow...

Well. It's difficult to fathom the depth of luck we all had so far with this band! Period.

They'll do the re-scheduled gigs this fall in Australia and New Zealand.

If they add South America - Woah! That would really be great!

Apart or further from that: what do you think - don't they have a lot of songs left for recording a new album?

If they have the balls to record again, then I would scincerely expect them to do some more touring.

As they are all in their 70ies - why not just loosely tour with some gigs here and there, have some weeks break for your own and family stuff and then play some gigs more?

To me, that's a nice idea and I don't think that this is too far from being possible. However: the looser they play their gigs in future years, the more costly it could become - if they keep their professional standart like on this tour... no way they can keep that thing rolling on for some 10 years more or something.

So it should settle down both in size and in organization. And the that would be very exclusive and of course expensive to see...

I don't know. But what I do know is that they are musicians. And musicians are gonna play as long as they can.

And they will.

Cheers,
Johannes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-05 03:24 by waterrats.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127Next
Current Page: 124 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1989
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home