Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127
Current Page: 127 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 and on - dates and more
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 6, 2014 22:06

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2014 22:48

Beast
treaclefingers
Beast
But weren't those US ticket prices for arenas and not stadiums? Top price was Vienna - 400 euros for diamond circle. Anyone attending this last leg most likely concluded that the "same old stuff" was not being performed in a way that justified that description or its implication.

Pit tickets in North America were about $ 1500 if memory serves.

Average price of a ticket was $450.

I got $85s and was upgraded to $600 tickets.

So without a doubt North America was higher priced, if 400 euros was top price.

Agreed, but the higher prices were because the shows were in arenas - not because of the original point made, i.e., that they were in the US.

I think the point is that you wouldn't be able to command those prices in smaller venues in Europe.

That's why they didn't even try.

Re: How do you read "Last trip in Europe!"?
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 6, 2014 23:18

bv
Feel free to trust me or other sources. But, since 15-Oct-2012 I have said : If you want to see the Stones, do it now, and be prepared to travel. It is more valid than ever.

I could've stayed at home waiting for the Stones to announce a South America gig after their 2012/2013 concerts (which of course didn't happened), but I'm happy to have traveled in 2012 to see them at the O2 and I'm happy to have traveled to Lisbon and Zurich this year. It was well worth the paid, even if I was not in condition to spent much money on that.

I know that not everybody can (or want to) do that and everybody has their excuses for not travel to see them, but my experience about this was more than valid. I really wanted to see them in Australia in october, but unfortunately I can't afford that, so for now I really wish that they come to South America, so I can see them at least one more time.

For those who can go to Australia, follow BV's advice and go see them. You never know when you will see them again.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 6, 2014 23:34

Agreed, but the higher prices were because the shows were in arenas - not because of the original point made, i.e., that they were in the US.[/quote]

I think the point is that you wouldn't be able to command those prices in smaller venues in Europe.

That's why they didn't even try.[/quote]
I thought that the theory in The USA was that it was really hard to deal with the scalping issue and the higher the initial price , even if it has to be reduced at the last minute, the less money that scalpers get. If the price is lower and sells out immediately , scalpers make a much bigger cut

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 7, 2014 00:03

The world tour days will be over by this time next year, 10 shows in Australia/NZ, 12-14 shows in South America and 2 shows in London are almost 100% confirmed during the next 12 months, a short US leg of 8-10 shows in May-June 2015 are 50/50 (no confirmation will be made before March) an ITunes only live album of duets from this tour is prepared and ready to go anytime in the next 6-9 months, no studio work in plans, Keith's solo album is 80% done and could be released by end of year, Mick's head are on TV and movies, no one knows what's next for the Stones after July 2015, maybe a couple of shows by year in NY or London, a studio album in 2016, nothing is sure not even 10%, anything could happen for people in their age.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 7, 2014 00:08

OK. I read BV's posts, thought and thought and thought about it, and just booked my trip to Auckland. I thought I was done . . . .

Date: July 7, 2014 00:38

drbryant
OK. I read BV's posts, thought and thought and thought about it, and just booked my trip to Auckland. I thought I was done . . . .

my nomination for "Post of the Day" smileys with beer

Posted by: HighwayBound ()
Date: July 7, 2014 01:42

If it's the end it's the end, but I'll wait for them to tell me.

That being said, I've always wanted to go to Australia.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 7, 2014 04:50

memofromdylan
a new tour concept...farewell? But no, Keith has said "until the wheels fall off"

Keith says a lot of things, but is merely expressing his wishful thinking. In 2010 and 2011 he was enthusiastically talking up the "tour plans" that existed only in his head. Over the last couple of years he has talked about a new Stones album, how great it would be to get into the studio when the band is well-oiled from touring--but Mick doesn't seem to share that enthusiasm.

So when Keith talks like an old blues man and vows that the band will tour until they drop.... Perhaps that isn't, well, engraved in Stone(s) after all.

Keith... is a Romantic. Mick and Charlie... not so much, if at all.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 7, 2014 07:25

georgelicks
The world tour days will be over by this time next year, 10 shows in Australia/NZ, 12-14 shows in South America and 2 shows in London are almost 100% confirmed during the next 12 months, a short US leg of 8-10 shows in May-June 2015 are 50/50 (no confirmation will be made before March) an ITunes only live album of duets from this tour is prepared and ready to go anytime in the next 6-9 months, no studio work in plans, Keith's solo album is 80% done and could be released by end of year, Mick's head are on TV and movies, no one knows what's next for the Stones after July 2015, maybe a couple of shows by year in NY or London, a studio album in 2016, nothing is sure not even 10%, anything could happen for people in their age.

I like what you said could be correct, God I hope so! I promised I'll take my girlfriend and she can't wait as she never seen them before.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: July 7, 2014 08:00

georgelicks
10 shows in Australia/NZ

Only 9 shows are confirmed. Will a tenth be added?

2014-2015 US Shows
Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: July 7, 2014 20:44

Are we in the States going to get another crack at seeing the Stones later this winter (Georgia, the Carolinas, Texas, Florida, Hawaii) and will they play MSG in 2014-2015?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 7, 2014 21:46

Nate
spsimmons
BV
This is the last tour.

I do not accept this answer!! Although we all know it's been coming.

Why don't you accept it then?

Nate

Indeed the last tour - but it can last everything from 1-5 years. A few shows every now and then.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 7, 2014 23:26

bv
This is the last tour.

Seems like Keith was right after all, when he was asked in 1997 if BTB was going to be the last tour: "Yeah, this and the next five!"

1) Security
2) Licks
3) Bang
4) 50 & counting
5) Fire

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 7, 2014 23:36

Keith said that in 1995 at press conference of VL Tour

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 7, 2014 23:37

...ahem...In 1994 of course...

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 8, 2014 00:35

No it was from the Bridges to Babylon press conference.
Just click on the video link. It's from the Brooklyn Bridge conference 18th of August 1997.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-08 00:35 by The Worst..

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: July 8, 2014 01:11

FWIW Ian McLagan said in front of me a few weeks ago that the Faces *are* getting back together next year.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 8, 2014 01:35

bv
This is the last tour.

BV means "This is the last tour" I will attend ...I'm broke.....

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 8, 2014 03:30

If these South America concerts happen, I'm assuming they're going to be stadiums?

Date: July 8, 2014 07:01

The Worst.
bv
This is the last tour.
Seems like Keith was right after all, when he was asked in 1997 if BTB was going to be the last tour: "Yeah, this and the next five!"
1) Security
2) Licks
3) Bang
4) 50 & counting
5) Fire
following that logic, one should consider 50 and 14 as two legs
of the same tour. so bring on the European Tour 2017! Tour No.5

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 8, 2014 07:34

Nikkei
The Worst.
bv
This is the last tour.
1) Security
2) Licks
3) Bang
4) 50 & counting
5) Fire
following that logic, one should consider 50 and 14 as two legs
of the same tour. so bring on the European Tour 2017! Tour No.5

Yup. Good one.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 8, 2014 09:50

MingSubu
If these South America concerts happen, I'm assuming they're going to be stadiums?

Yep. There's not so much arenas here like in Europe and USA for a Stones concert, so it's more likely to be happening at stadiums. IF they happen, of course. cool smiley

Date: July 8, 2014 10:05

what about the beach again? worked out
great in '06 but with todays PA technology,
it could be even still bigger

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 8, 2014 13:29

Nikkei
what about the beach again? worked out
great in '06 but with todays PA technology,
it could be even still bigger

Yeah and it was free cool smiley

Nate

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: July 8, 2014 17:37

The Joker
zgubi
last trip in Europe before heading to the World Cup, launching "Get On Up" and other interesting stuff

Hi. Was nice to meet you in Adelaide. Hope the cover band was good.

hehe, cover band was a good substitute but there were a lot of broken hearts after the show in Adelaide.

did you make it to the European tour?

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127
Current Page: 127 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home