Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127Next
Current Page: 125 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 and on - dates and more
Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 5, 2014 04:09

Yes I hope they will do the missed places in the US/Canada next year after SA. Would be nice.

Posted by: HighwayBound ()
Date: July 6, 2014 03:08

babyblue
Yes I hope they will do the missed places in the US/Canada next year after SA. Would be nice.

They'll follow the money and that's the US. Then if they were to do a few more European shows we can hear all about how the US shows stunk and they were just warming up for Europe. What many fail to understand is that without the US there is no European tour. They make a boatload of money in the States which allows them the luxury of Europe.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 6, 2014 09:50

HighwayBound
babyblue

They'll follow the money and that's the US. Then if they were to do a few more European shows we can hear all about how the US shows stunk and they were just warming up for Europe. What many fail to understand is that without the US there is no European tour. They make a boatload of money in the States which allows them the luxury of Europe.

In which decade do you live? 1 Euro = 1,3 Dollar. Today. So moneywise it´s Europe.
The US is history in raking in the most money with tours. Acts can (and do) rise higher ticket prices in the US, yes. So in the end it´s equal.

Date: July 6, 2014 13:08

caschimann
HighwayBound
babyblue

In which decade do you live? 1 Euro = 1,3 Dollar. Today. So moneywise it´s Europe.
The US is history in raking in the most money with tours. Acts can (and do) rise higher ticket prices in the US, yes. So in the end it´s equal.

I live in the world where the top ticket price in the US was $650, or roughly 478 euros. What was the top ticket price in Europe this tour -- about 300 euros tops? The cost of living is higher in Europe so they can't charge as much.

The advantage in playing Europe is they can give the audience the same old stuff they have been giving them since 1990 and people call it the "best European tour ever".

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 6, 2014 13:41

But weren't those US ticket prices for arenas and not stadiums? Top price was Vienna - 400 euros for diamond circle. Anyone attending this last leg most likely concluded that the "same old stuff" was not being performed in a way that justified that description or its implication.

Date: July 6, 2014 14:48

Beast
But weren't those US ticket prices for arenas and not stadiums? Top price was Vienna - 400 euros for diamond circle. Anyone attending this last leg most likely concluded that the "same old stuff" was not being performed in a way that justified that description or its implication.

Correct -- those were arena prices. I don't think the band count mount a successful stadium tour in the States now charging what they charge. Lower prices there would bring about the surge in young people seen in Europe.

It really is the same old stuff, now played slower. We've seen the invention of a new buzzword this tour - dirty guitars. That means sloppy. My other new favorite line has been "for their age it's great" -- that's making an excuse for it not being what it once was. They're good, but no longer great. It seems we're all in denial about that -- "best show ever", etc. It is better than 2007 because that leg was embarrassing so it's no great accomplishment.

Midnight Rambler was fantastic this tour thanks to Mick Taylor upping everyone's game.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 6, 2014 16:23

In this European leg of the Tour, they have been better than ABB and Licks Tour too...They have been like BTB Tour in 97/98 maybe...Great guitar sound loud and all band members in great shape!

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: July 6, 2014 19:15

HighwayBound
Beast

Correct -- those were arena prices. I don't think the band count mount a successful stadium tour in the States now charging what they charge. Lower prices there would bring about the surge in young people seen in Europe.

It really is the same old stuff, now played slower. We've seen the invention of a new buzzword this tour - dirty guitars. That means sloppy. My other new favorite line has been "for their age it's great" -- that's making an excuse for it not being what it once was. They're good, but no longer great. It seems we're all in denial about that -- "best show ever", etc. It is better than 2007 because that leg was embarrassing so it's no great accomplishment.

Midnight Rambler was fantastic this tour thanks to Mick Taylor upping everyone's game.

Oh you sound a bit frustrated about the Stones.
Yes you're right: they don't are the band of 1972 anymore.
They are the Stones of 2014.
And yes: To make ourselves feeling great with our band we find superlatives
very easily after each gig we go to.
The last gig is "always the best Stones ever".
Because fans are kids, as you know.
I´m a kid. Since GAYYO.
And I´m sure you'll find your way back to the Stones-Kid, living in your heart.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 6, 2014 20:00

Last european Tour before (today) still hypothetical more dates in South America and England in 2015.

After, I understand reading BV there won't be a new Tour.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2014 20:15

Beast

Pit tickets in North America were about $ 1500 if memory serves.

Average price of a ticket was $450.

I got $85s and was upgraded to $600 tickets.

So without a doubt North America was higher priced, if 400 euros was top price.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: July 6, 2014 20:36

Why not?!They are in great shape, enjoy themselves, there has been many sold-out so why this must be the last European Tour?!?I think that if they use the same target of the last Tour(12-14 show for leg)they can still touring for some years...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2014 20:56

mailexile67
Why not?!They are in great shape, enjoy themselves, there has been many sold-out so why this must be the last European Tour?!?I think that if they use the same target of the last Tour(12-14 show for leg)they can still touring for some years...

I agree, I think this is the new template, with big breaks in between for other projects, family time etc.

I know nothing is guaranteed but why wouldn't they continue if the tour rigors were manageable?

I'd bet that they could even squirt out an album of new material somewhere in there.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 6, 2014 21:01

treaclefingers
Beast

Pit tickets in North America were about $ 1500 if memory serves.

Average price of a ticket was $450.

I got $85s and was upgraded to $600 tickets.

So without a doubt North America was higher priced, if 400 euros was top price.

Agreed, but the higher prices were because the shows were in arenas - not because of the original point made, i.e., that they were in the US.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 6, 2014 21:30

mailexile67
Why not?!They are in great shape, enjoy themselves, there has been
many sold-out so why this must be the last European Tour?!?I think
that if they use the same target of the last Tour(12-14 show for leg)
they can still touring for some years...

Date: July 6, 2014 21:31

South America hangs like a ripe fruit waiting to get picked

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-06 22:14 by Nikkei.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 6, 2014 21:42

Nikkei

Yup.

Date: July 6, 2014 21:46

shattered

Yup.

smileys with beer

what could possibly go wrong at this point

How do you read "Last trip in Europe!"?
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 6, 2014 11:41

Caption from Stones'Facebook
Last trip in Europe!

[www.facebook.com]

Last leg of the tour?
Or...

Re: How do you read "Last trip in Europe!"?
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 6, 2014 12:01

Probably this was the last time they did a european tour.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: July 6, 2014 12:07

I hope this wasn´t the last tour in Europe - I think they will at least come back one more time. But, you never know ...

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: July 6, 2014 12:43

last trip in Europe before heading to the World Cup, launching "Get On Up" and other interesting stuff

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 6, 2014 12:55

Being English-speaking and of the Western world, I read it from left to right--however, Chinese and other Asian readers might read it from right to left, in which case they would read it as "First trip in Europe" or "!eporuE ni pirt tsaL" or something.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: July 6, 2014 12:58

zgubi
last trip in Europe before heading to the World Cup, launching "Get On Up" and other interesting stuff

Hi. Was nice to meet you in Adelaide. Hope the cover band was good.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 6, 2014 13:34

"Last trip in Europe" probably just means the last trip to the last country (Denmark) for this European tour. Nothing else.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 6, 2014 13:59

GJV
"Last trip in Europe" probably just means the last trip to the last country (Denmark) for this European tour. Nothing else.
thumbs up

Posted by: MichaelLassen ()
Date: July 6, 2014 14:05

Last trip on the European tour is simply flying from Denmark to London.
If the offer is there and health permits, I'm sure they'll be back.
They Seem to be enjoying themselves too much not to. And getting huge feedback especially from younger new potential fans from the festivals and having skipped over many bigger cities this time around, it could very well happen.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 6, 2014 14:49

This is the last tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 6, 2014 14:53

bv
This is the last tour.

Last tour of Europe or the last tour ever anywhere meaning that they will wrap things up next year?

Nate

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: July 6, 2014 14:57

bv
This is the last tour.

That would be very sad ... and it makes no sense in my opinion. The Stones are in a good mood, they are fit and they playing well. So why stop it?

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: July 6, 2014 15:08

BV
This is the last tour.

I do not accept this answer!! Although we all know it's been coming.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127Next
Current Page: 125 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home