Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127Next
Current Page: 123 of 127
Re: Tour end ?
Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: June 27, 2014 17:48

corriecas
probaby south america Feb-march 2015, south africa may 2015, UK and Amsterdam Ziggodome Summer 2015.

Sticky fingers reissue in September2014 and DVD Tour Box in december 2014

Jeroen

Ahh, well there he is again: mister Ziggodome winking smiley (also known as the dreamer smoking smiley)

Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 and on - dates and more
Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: June 27, 2014 18:25

kleermaker
Martha, I see a another great pre-show adventure dawning. smiling smiley

Going to your brother in Australia seems a good thing to me, especially if you go to a RS concert there with a much smaller crowd instead of the massive masses in Europe. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your decision!

I can't help but think that it's fate I should go see them in Australia!

I really shouldn't as I won't then be able to see my brother for so long (I was originally planning on visiting him about a year after he leaves - so next summer)...but there is Skype and email... and I hate the thought of going through such an expensive and gruelling flight (I'm a slightly nervous flyer) and not combining it with seeing the Stones!

Christiano - you're right. I have decided I am going to get to at least one more overseas show (I actually think I prefer this to seeing them in the UK. It's such a great way of getting to see other places and before Rome, I hadn't been away for a number of years so I have some catching up to do!).

Despite flight prices going up (Grzegorz67 - those same £20 each-way Ryanair flights are now £220 return!), Stockholm would still be much cheaper than Australia.

I'm wrestling with decisions!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 27, 2014 18:43

skyhawk
corriecas
probaby south america Feb-march 2015, south africa may 2015, UK and Amsterdam Ziggodome Summer 2015.

Jeroen

Ahh, well there he is again: mister Ziggodome winking smiley (also known as the dreamer smoking smiley)

Hhahahahahahahaha
Jeroen

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: June 27, 2014 19:40

MarthaTuesday
kleermaker
Martha, I see a another great pre-show adventure dawning. smiling smiley

Going to your brother in Australia seems a good thing to me, especially if you go to a RS concert there with a much smaller crowd instead of the massive masses in Europe. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your decision!

I can't help but think that it's fate I should go see them in Australia!

I really shouldn't as I won't then be able to see my brother for so long (I was originally planning on visiting him about a year after he leaves - so next summer)...but there is Skype and email... and I hate the thought of going through such an expensive and gruelling flight (I'm a slightly nervous flyer) and not combining it with seeing the Stones!

Christiano - you're right. I have decided I am going to get to at least one more overseas show (I actually think I prefer this to seeing them in the UK. It's such a great way of getting to see other places and before Rome, I hadn't been away for a number of years so I have some catching up to do!).

Despite flight prices going up (Grzegorz67 - those same £20 each-way Ryanair flights are now £220 return!), Stockholm would still be much cheaper than Australia.

I'm wrestling with decisions!

Oh Martha, do make up your mind winking smiley Or perhaps try a bit of lateral thinking, for example go to a different city and do the rest of the journey by land. The early Ryanair flight on the same day as the show is much cheaper. Malmo and Gothenburg aren't far.

Before the Low Cost Airlines went to Poland I used to fly to Berlin and take the train the rest of the way.

I've been travelling abroad to the see the band for 16 years and it's a great way of combining 2 hobbies - foreign travel and the Stones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 27, 2014 20:41

skyhawk
corriecas

Jeroen

South America and I go to Buenos Aires for all 3 shows.

Date: June 27, 2014 20:48

grzegorz67

Oh Martha, do make up your mind winking smiley Or perhaps try a bit of lateral thinking, for example go to a different city and do the rest of the journey by land. The early Ryanair flight on the same day as the show is much cheaper. Malmo and Gothenburg aren't far.

Before the Low Cost Airlines went to Poland I used to fly to Berlin and take the train the rest of the way.

I've been travelling abroad to the see the band for 16 years and it's a great way of combining 2 hobbies - foreign travel and the Stones.

I know, I know - I really need to make up my mind! If I hadn't been so indecisive I could have got to several more shows for the cost of 1 or 2!

I've definitely got the travel bug now. Been spending a few hours today trying to look at various options including flying to different destinations and finishing the journey by land but at this late stage it wouldn't really save me any money. And my eye problem rules out flying in on the day - the flight dries my eyes out too much (even with heavy use of prescription eye drops).

I need to speak to my brother this evening before making a final decision - and I will report back here once I have that decision! cool smiley

Date: June 27, 2014 21:03

I'm leaving the village where I live near Swindon at 1030pm tomorrow night. Even though I'm in the air only 2 hours my total door to door journey will be 13 hours !!!

With these things the later you leave it the more it costs. I went to Paris by Magabus from London for £20 return paid for with £10 of Tesco Point doubled up. And luckily for me Alin, the Bath resident Mexican was on the very same coach.... If I'd been quicker i could have got it for a tenner!

So best to decide and plan early cool smiley On this trip I'm actually doing a triangular tour : Stansted -> Stockholm -> Warsaw -> Stansted and the total cost of flights is £65 smiling bouncing smiley

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 27, 2014 21:16

grzegorz67 - Don't worry, I have more than learnt my lesson about advance planning! Having said that things have slightly changed for me. A few months ago I had no money for more than one trip but I've recently had more work on - and so a little more money - which I really shouldn't spend the on stones and travel but...

I hope you have a fantastic time at Werchter - you certainly deserve it after such a long journey to get there! cool smiley

Date: June 27, 2014 21:21

Martha,

I'm not going to Werchter - I'm going to Stockholm. And we already know the roof will be closed so no soaking. I tried and failed for Pinkpop as it was the 1st to go on sale. I was in the online queue for an hour before being told to bolt :-( Never really considered Werchter though I did have a look.

Date: June 27, 2014 22:08

grzegorz67
Martha,

I'm not going to Werchter - I'm going to Stockholm. And we already know the roof will be closed so no soaking. I tried and failed for Pinkpop as it was the 1st to go on sale. I was in the online queue for an hour before being told to bolt :-( Never really considered Werchter though I did have a look.

I've been staring at the computer screen for too long! Working, checking out flights, IORR, etc. Time for a break, I think.

I've had Werchter on my mind because it's tomorrow.

Maybe I'll meet you - and others here - in Stockholm. Once I finally make my mind up!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 27, 2014 23:00

grzegorz67
I'm leaving the village where I live near Swindon at 1030pm tomorrow night. Even though I'm in the air only 2 hours my total door to door journey will be 13 hours !!!

With these things the later you leave it the more it costs. I went to Paris by Magabus from London for £20 return paid for with £10 of Tesco Point doubled up. And luckily for me Alin, the Bath resident Mexican was on the very same coach.... If I'd been quicker i could have got it for a tenner!

So best to decide and plan early cool smiley On this trip I'm actually doing a triangular tour : Stansted -> Stockholm -> Warsaw -> Stansted and the total cost of flights is £65 smiling bouncing smiley

Just noticed you live near Swindon gregor .

I lived Stroud, Cirencester area for about 15 years and was just down that way a month ago . Still got lots of good friends I visit down that way. Swindon was part of my area and worked for BT in the European HQ of Motorola for a few years.

Hope you're keeping well gregor and I bet you're looking forward to Stockholm. winking smiley

If you manage to meet zgubi ...............Andreea, in Stockholm, she is an inspiration to any Rolling Stones fan who loves to travel to see the band we all love to see play live.

She is also a lovely person. smileys with beer

Madrid was a gas, gas, gas and everyone I met from Spain,Portugal..........anywhere, had a really great time. >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-28 20:43 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: June 28, 2014 10:38

Ziggodome.... Ik begin je vasthoudendheid te waarderen, haha!

corriecas

Jeroen

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 28, 2014 11:53

One more week and Europe tour is over - what's next other than Australia / New Zealand?

BV, any news?

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 28, 2014 15:41

mtaylor
One more week and Europe tour is over - what's next other than Australia / New Zealand?

BV, any news?

Hopefully S. America and the US/Canada.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 28, 2014 22:04

And Maybe the end after summer 2015.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: June 28, 2014 23:46

powerage78
And Maybe the end after summer 2015.

Hopefully not.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 28, 2014 23:55

I mean a new world tour. Just my opinion.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-29 00:35 by powerage78.

Date: June 29, 2014 00:00

smileys with beer

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 29, 2014 14:15

I wanna a new world tour with a new studio album, with 3-4 new songs in the set-list, it should be a great opportunity and a great way to close the circle...A new album top in the charts for the 6th decade and new fans that sing their new songs...Simply wonderful!!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 30, 2014 07:14

petewasbristol
Well it seems like we may all get what we want if what I heard on the weekend is true. Someone I spoke to (not a fan!) on Saturday at Circus Maximus (I went to see the stage being set up on this day) said that a South America/North America (places they never played in 2012/13) is on the cards for the beginning of next year. He also said they will finish off this 14 on fire tour in Europe next summer with the UK and Ireland having it's own individual summer dates to finish it all off!

Please be true. Please!

I hope so too, I personally think this tour will finish in SA in March after say Jan and Feb doing some North American dates they missed. Seattle and Vancouver...we're waiting.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 30, 2014 13:53

corriecas
skyhawk
South America and I go to Buenos Aires for all 3 shows.
care if i'd join you? love your enthusiasm.
would also love to see them at Ziggodome.
or in Groningen, my favourite Oranjetown.
they are Westfriesian, i am Ostfriese (partly)

If A South America Tour Happens...
Date: June 30, 2014 18:07

What cities do you think they'll play?

Re: If A South America Tour Happens...
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 30, 2014 18:14

Paramaribo >grinning smiley<

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 30, 2014 18:18

Rio de Janeiro
Sao Paulo
Buenos Aires
Montevideo?
Santiago de Chile
Lima
Mexico City

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 30, 2014 18:25

Mick's watching all the Football World Cup... not because he likes this sport but because he peeps inside the stadium : "Mmmm we could pack 80K people here, 70K there... 4 shows at least. Now I have to find a Brazilian promoter with a strong guarantee". grinning smiley

"Rio de Janeiro
Sao Paulo
Buenos Aires
Montevideo?
Santiago de Chile
Lima
Mexico City"

... and Caracas?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-30 18:26 by dcba.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 30, 2014 18:31

...Bogotà or Medellin in Columbia and San Josè in Puertorico too!

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 30, 2014 18:58

better to say latin america.... mexico and puerto rico are not really South..
anyway, mexico city , rio, sao paulo, santiago , maybe 1 between lima or bogotà and 150 % .....BUENOS AIRES !!

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: June 30, 2014 19:08

Bogota has been rumored.
Lima, Peru could be in the list.

Santiago, Chile.
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Up North, Mexico City.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: June 30, 2014 19:18

I would imagine McCartneys previous/current tour is a good indication as to what venues are up to standard and where they could play.

Montevideo - Uruguay - Estadio Centenario
Santiago- Chile - Movistar Arena
Lima- Peru - Estadio Nacional
Quito- Ecuador-Estadio de Liga
San José - Costa Rica - Estadio Nacional

Add in Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Paraguay, Columbia as McCartney also did and you could easily get 14 shows that Asia, Australia (originally) and Europe got.

cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-30 19:20 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 1, 2014 18:03

Wonder what the boys will do now for 3 months off and more.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...117118119120121122123124125126127Next
Current Page: 123 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1927
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home