Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...105106107108109110111112113114115...LastNext
Current Page: 110 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 1, 2014 00:46

nantes
i'm sorry i did'nt see it's from 2013!!

i want so much a new album that i become stupid spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Stupid is as stupid does, nantes...we're all stupid when it comes to a new Stones album. cool smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 1, 2014 00:49

BluzDude
More ??? than !!!

..key words.....Keith Richards Hinted.....What Keith wants is one thing, What Mick says and does is something else.

That was exactly what I read...if they'd said Mick Jagger 'hinted' a new album was in the works, that would be a completely different conversation.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: April 1, 2014 01:38

I'd tend to think the untimely and tragic passing of L'Wren makes it more likely that Mick may choose to channel his energy into new music. At the end of the day, MJ isa writer of songs, a creator of music. As much as he may have tried to carve out another "adult" niche in life, all roads alwways seem to lead back to the Rolling Stones. One cannot escape who one is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 01:38 by Woz.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: April 1, 2014 08:13

For the Greek people, I just heard on the radio that rolling stones are coming to Greece on October. The sales are starting after two days. I wonder where they read that shit.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 1, 2014 08:39

StratoGR
For the Greek people, I just heard on the radio that rolling stones are coming to Greece on October. The sales are starting after two days. I wonder where they read that shit.

Its April 1, April Fool day
Jeroen

Date: April 1, 2014 08:47

I know that's April's fool day but I don't think they intended to make a joke :p

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: April 1, 2014 09:29

I would like to believe it, StratoGR. But i can't...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 1, 2014 10:15

StratoGR
I know that's April's fool day but I don't think they intended to make a joke :p

According to BV no new dates will be added.
Jeroen

Date: April 1, 2014 11:45

I was driving to work and I when I heard Athens I shivered and when he said that it would take place on October it was huge appointment. Anyway Italy is near :p

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: April 1, 2014 13:29

Ok. Tell me more. That got me. Sure it's not a joke? Stones in Europe in October would actually make it possible for me to eventually see them in 2014, after I missed out while being in New Zealand during the postponement AND during the EU-tour. Bad luck Brian.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: April 1, 2014 14:01

More likely to be an April's fool's joke: in October, the Stones plan to play Australia and New Zealand, mind you...

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:42

Keith often said in interviews that after a tour he just waits on a phone call by Mick sayin "Hey, We haven't done it for a while!" or so and maybe he and Mick just made plans to do an studio album at the end of the year.
If this is true, it might be finished in middle 2015 and roll on a new world tour...

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 1, 2014 17:47

Hopefully this is not April joke:

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: April 1, 2014 17:55

MartinB

[www.bbc.co.uk]

daily express:
No UK date has been announced at this stage although the conclusion of the current series of dates would leave them free to perform at the British Summer Time Festival in London's Hyde Park, at which they performed two nights last year, and which runs from July 4 to 13. It has still to fill the Saturday July 5 headline slot.

But BV is clear this is just wishful thinking.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 1, 2014 18:00

MartinB

Hopefully this is not April joke: [www.bbc.co.uk]

No April joke, it's official since yesterday: [www.rollingstones.com] , [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] .....

Posted by: Stoffer ()
Date: April 1, 2014 19:50

For those who doesn´t have tickets yet, check it out:
Lucky dip tickets
cool smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 1, 2014 20:34

bv
Grison
Totally agree, but for arena shows I was expecting the tonguepit stage. We might have to wait for that one in Australia eye rolling smiley

Telenor Arena is too wide and deep for the tongue stage (football floor). Waldbühne is a natural amphi and there is no space for any kinds of artificial tongue pit stage, all natural as part of the hillside amphi. I think the Stones realized it was either large shows for many fans or exclusive shows for the few.

They could have played Oslo Sperktum capacity 9,000 and ticket price 3.500 kr i.e 600 dollars with the tongue pit stage but I am glad they did not. Then 16,000 fans would have to be outside. Same with any other arena in Europe. There are very few 20,000 capacity hockey arena's in Europe, like they have basket/hockey arenas in USA.

Ziggodome or Ahoy! in Rotterdam would have been nice. Or the Omnisport in Paris Bercy. Those are what we would call "arenas" in the US. Telenor would be referred to as a stadium show because of the size of the field regardless of the size of the stands surrounding the field. From the photos, it looks like it would be kind of an indoor Hershey Park.

By the way, do they close the roof at the Tele2 Arena in Stockholm for concerts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 20:35 by drbryant.

The Stones tour "resumes" - BBC news article
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 1, 2014 21:37

[www.bbc.com]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: April 1, 2014 22:28

Jagger talked last year very often about how wonderful Hyde Park was and that he would love to do it again.
If they decide to do another concert on the tour, they could do Hyde Park again on BST July 5.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 2, 2014 04:55

MartinB

[www.bbc.co.uk]

How could it be a joke when most of the shows have been on sale since last week or earlier?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 2, 2014 10:50

Some times BBC are VERY slow. I saw the same news entry in our biggest digital news channel in Norway yesterday - [VG.no] - and could not understand what was the point, but they read BBC of course. Somebody in BBC found out the Stones are coming to Europe this summer. And because UK is not part of Europe, as some think, they just found out.

PS. I do know UK is part of Europe, but friends in UK say they "go to Europe" when they cross the channel. So I am just quoting the locals.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 2, 2014 11:10

Back in the day, they would have said they were going to "the Continent." Slow process of adjustment, I guess . .

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: April 2, 2014 11:37

Aquamarine
Back in the day, they would have said they were going to "the Continent." Slow process of adjustment, I guess . .

We love our neighbors but we have always been the stubborn brat of the European family! I don't think it helps that we are an island who thinks it's better than it actually is. Well apart from music that is. No one can touch us.winking smiley

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: April 2, 2014 12:05

Looks like it`s all sold out. Sad, sad, sad.

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 2, 2014 12:10

Infamy
Looks like it`s all sold out. Sad, sad, sad.

I think, if you haven't got tickets for the show(s) you wanted to see, you haven't tried (hard enough). There were plenty of different ways to get them.
Even Berlin was pretty easy. Not always the place in the arena/stadium you dreamed of, but still...if you wanted to get in, you got in.

One exception maybe: Pinkpop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-02 12:12 by BowieStone.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: April 3, 2014 14:48

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-03 14:53 by mr edward.

Date: April 3, 2014 14:53

mr edward
Extra concert in Nijmegen on june 14?

[www.goffertpark-nijmegen.nl]

They don't play 2 nights in a row. (June 13, Paris).

Date: April 3, 2014 14:54

mr edward

smileys with beer

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: April 3, 2014 15:03

BowieStone
mr edward

smileys with beer

A bit late for April fools. The first thing I commented on twitter was: No way, they play in Paris the night before. I guess I got carried away smiling smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: April 4, 2014 00:41

If the Uk gets another round why not the good ole USA.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...105106107108109110111112113114115...LastNext
Current Page: 110 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home