Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Date: March 27, 2014 23:03

WHAT ABOUT Atlanta, Miami and Houston as hinted in another post.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 27, 2014 23:07

jumpontopofmebaby
WHAT ABOUT Atlanta, Miami and Houston as hinted in another post.

What about them?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 27, 2014 23:13

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 23:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: March 27, 2014 23:40

BV mentioned Atlanta . Miami and Houston in a post and seemed like late August and September would have been the time.

Still fits time wise. Just wondering if they are still a possibility.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-27 23:41 by jumpontopofmebaby.

Date: March 27, 2014 23:43

Max are you in Kansas City?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 27, 2014 23:47

jumpontopofmebaby
BV mentioned Atlanta . Miami and Houston in a post and seemed like late August and September would have been the time.

I did mention that they did NOT visit these three cities which are natural on any tour, but I did never say if and when they might visit these places. If they do South America then these might be natural as part of the budget to pay for the 14 or so shows, but that is simply speculation from my side. I do know for a fact that the Stones have no plans beyond Europe and the rescheduled shows in Australia and New Zealand. After that it is blank pages, we have to wait and see how the summer turn out, then we will know more. Patience is a long hard word for Stones fans.

Bjornulf

Date: March 27, 2014 23:48

Thanks BV

Posted by: zumabitch ()
Date: March 28, 2014 02:22

BV
Patience is a long hard word for Stones fans.

Because they are one of the hottest things known to mankind in the last 50 years. If we had patience this would be a Coldplay forum

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 28, 2014 03:10

zumabitch
BV
Patience is a long hard word for Stones fans.

Because they are one of the hottest things known to mankind in the last 50 years. If we had patience this would be a Coldplay forum.

No, if we had patience this would be a Pink Floyd forum.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 28, 2014 08:44

Patience is a long hard word for Stones fans. I'm in a better mood when they are on tour. Wonder why?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 28, 2014 09:20

bv
jumpontopofmebaby

I did mention that they did NOT visit these three cities which are natural on any tour, but I did never say if and when they might visit these places. If they do South America then these might be natural as part of the budget to pay for the 14 or so shows, but that is simply speculation from my side. I do know for a fact that the Stones have no plans beyond Europe and the rescheduled shows in Australia and New Zealand. After that it is blank pages, we have to wait and see how the summer turn out, then we will know more. Patience is a long hard word for Stones fans.

That's why I eventually decided it might not be wise to just rely on hope for 2014, and that I'd always fancied a vacation in Berlin . . . grinning smiley

Posted by: elmowiman ()
Date: March 28, 2014 11:43

The Stockholm show July 1st was sold out today in 15 minutes. I`m Happy because I have a GC ticket. We really don`t know but this might be The Last Time in Stockholm. My first Rolling Stones show was in Stockholm September 4th, 1970 so this could be the last one for us in Stockholm. So many years ! But let`s hope the boys are doing more shows in the future but this might be without too much traveling. London & NYC ???

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: March 28, 2014 14:31

Thanks for the details on the sales, it seems I'll be going to the first two shows in Oslo and Lisbon.

Hoping for more smiling smiley

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Date: March 28, 2014 21:23

The ticket sales today were quite interesting. They did actually sell around 25,000 tickets pere 15 minutes. Oslo went in 13 minutes, Stockholm in half an hour with 45,000 tickets and Paris with 75,000 tickets took three quarters of an hour. Mind you most of the Oslo tickets were 300-400 US dollars i.e. around 250 Euro, with a few "bad seats" and floor tickets at half that price.

Bjornulf

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 28, 2014 22:14

I could never imagine that it would be such a big demand for The Stones at Stade de France in 2014. I got FOS tickets in 2003 and 2006 without any problems. Today, it was mayhem on all sites selling tickets for this show.

Posted by: albop ()
Date: March 28, 2014 22:28

bv
The ticket sales today were quite interesting. They did actually sell around 25,000 tickets pere 15 minutes. Oslo went in 13 minutes, Stockholm in half an hour with 45,000 tickets and Paris with 75,000 tickets took three quarters of an hour. Mind you most of the Oslo tickets were 300-400 US dollars i.e. around 250 Euro, with a few "bad seats" and floor tickets at half that price.

The answer is here : [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 28, 2014 22:39

albop
bv

Anyway, they sold out quite fast - if it was pure fake, places like RockInRio also would be sold out and it is not. Portuguese don't have that much Money.

I guess everybody want to see them one more time last time.... that's great.

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: March 28, 2014 23:43

bv

Isn't Stockholm's capacity in the range of 55.000? At least that was capacity for Iron Maiden's show I've seen there last year... Yeah, really impressive sales so far! I think only Zurich show could have sold faster... There are still tickets available for that gig.

Btw, BV - do you know why Stones haven't officially confirmed any shows since German announcement? Even small update on tour dates website or Facebook would do in this circumstances...

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 28, 2014 23:58

albop
bv

Also sometimes you will not get in with a Viagogo ticket.No entry with Viagogo (German)

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 29, 2014 01:54

bv

Stockholm went within 13 minutes.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 29, 2014 07:44

wickerman
Isn't Stockholm's capacity in the range of 55.000? At least that was capacity for Iron Maiden's show I've seen there last year...

It's not the same stadium.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 29, 2014 07:47

mickijaggeroo

One newspaper said 30 minutes, another said 44 minutes.
But after an hour you could still order single tickets.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 29, 2014 09:29

erikjjf
mickijaggeroo

One newspaper said 30 minutes, another said 44 minutes.
But after an hour you could still order single tickets.

The newspapers never care about the small facts... this is why you have discussion boards like IORR (or for nay type of defined topic, its own discussion board/s).

We all know that the portion of tickets sold to people who actually intend to go the show is not even close to 100% of the tickets offered. The show would have been "sold out" also if tickets were offered in the normal way, but it would have taken days or even weeks. I think that the 2ndary market is something promoters must love - it helps them create the shock effect they want: I heard/read people say "What? XXX per ticket? I would have go to see them if it was less, but for this?" and when they heard the news about A, B and C gigs sold out in minutes, suddenly you hear them talking about getting tickets to show D... Come to think of it - this is not much different compared to how Apple IPhones are being presented into the market.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: March 29, 2014 15:33

Noticed the layout for Düsseldorf, Vienna and other stadium shows there is a b-stage again. So there might be a special part of the setlist for the b-stage...

Date: March 29, 2014 17:44

The B-stage was in place at Tokyo Dome and also at other shows in Asia. Mick use it as an extention of the stage. Lisa walk down there on Gimme Shelter, then joined by Mick. Keith and Ronnie join Mick down there on Miss You, and Keith takes a run down to the B-stage usually on Sympathy For The Devil. You will never see Charlie there but it is bringing the band i.e. Mick, Ronnie, Keith and Lisa closer to the crowd during the show.

Bjornulf

Europa Tour
Posted by: perks ()
Date: March 29, 2014 21:40

BV, will there be som rehearsel before Tour opening in Telenor Arena?

Re: Europa Tour
Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 29, 2014 22:09

I think they will rehearse before the Europe Tour - they don't play the australian gigs, so they maybe will be a little out of practice. I hope they rehearse somewehere else than Paris; maybe somewhere in Germany ;-)

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: March 29, 2014 22:16

I think nobody can give a decent answer on that question today.
Do you think these days they are bussy with rehearsals or something like that?
Imagine you are in their place.
And what to rehears?
They gone play their hits becouse they gone play on a save setlist. The usual songs.
IMO, expext no rare songs like Silver Train or Emotional rescue or something like that.
19 songs "save" their hits.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 29, 2014 22:33

tioms
I think nobody can give a decent answer on that question today.
Do you think these days they are bussy with rehearsals or something like that?
Imagine you are in their place.
And what to rehears?
They gone play their hits becouse they gone play on a save setlist. The usual songs.
IMO, expext no rare songs like Silver Train or Emotional rescue or something like that.
19 songs "save" their hits.

Sure, they aren't thinking about rehearsels this moment - and that's okay. They should rest for a while and try to get new power. But in one or two months, they (and we) will know better. And if they decide to play the Europe gigs, they have to rehearse again, I think - they have to come together and play a little bit before they hit big stages again.
And why they shouldn't play any rare songs anymore? I think some warhorses (for example IORR and MY) aren't in the setlists for a while, so there is space for some other songs - some other rare songs, I hope. ;-)

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 29, 2014 22:49

yeah,ofcourse there will be rehearsals before the european tour
No, they wont play any rare , or obscure songs, just the hits and warhorses or whatever
Yes Brian Jones will be on stage again
No, there wont be a new album with new songs
yes, there will be a live album 2012-1014 with Mick Taylor on it
Yes, there will be a new tour in 2098

bye

Jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50