Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...101102103104105106107108109110111...LastNext
Current Page: 106 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 26, 2014 12:03

as long as rs.com does release any further statement as long you will have to read tealeaves or sit in the dark.
Despite the fact that now all European Dates are confirmed I have still very mixed feelings how these shows will go on.
I assume they will take place as it will start in two months time and a lot can happen. After that noone knows. Sorry perhaps the tealeaves.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 26, 2014 12:17

Please don't use this thread to discuss or speculate on the mental state for Mick or other band members. The promoters are announcing shows, the tickets are on sale, and The Rolling Stones will be performing 14 shows this summer in Europe. You have the sun, you have the moon, and you have The Stones.

Bjornulf

Re: European Tour latest news: All 14 shows confirmed
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 26, 2014 12:50

richie26188
Cancellation of Australian / NZ gigs has probably made more US dates unlikely

I would imagine in the fall they'll do the cancelled dates and then maybe some of south america

OK guys, what do you think, what do you know - will they play in South America and if so where?

Date: March 26, 2014 12:55

And another Q: do you think this is indeed the last time? Should I after all buy a ticket? First time in years I feel maybe I should.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-26 13:29 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 26, 2014 13:25

If I were you, I wouldn't risk. I did last year but fortunately they are coming back. With so "many" shows I recommend you to pick one.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 26, 2014 13:31

Redhotcarpet
And another Q: do you think this is indeed the last time? Should I after all buy a ticket? First time in years I feel maybe I should.

Dont know and hopefully not.

Get a ticket, why not?

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 26, 2014 13:36

Grison
as long as rs.com does release any further statement as long you will have to read tealeaves or sit in the dark.
Despite the fact that now all European Dates are confirmed I have still very mixed feelings how these shows will go on.
I assume they will take place as it will start in two months time and a lot can happen. After that noone knows. Sorry perhaps the tealeaves.

Why on earth shouldn't they go on? 2 months down the line...still a terrible thing has happened but please...best thing they can do is get back to work

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 26, 2014 15:03

Redhotcarpet

To the first question: most probably, like always... But what goes for the second: if you really feel that way, that there is that drive in your heart to see your beloved band one more time, as is still possible, I'll recommend you to buy a ticket. You might regret some day that you did't go... Besides all the celebration mood, taking part to the big Rolling Stones family, showing some moral support to Jagger and hearing the greatest rock songs of all-time performed by their original creators, seeing The Stones doing "Midnight Rambler" with Taylor is alone a helluva moment solely in terms of fantastic live music.

- Doxa

Date: March 26, 2014 16:07

I wish I could be at the first Euro show. Can't wait to hear the applause for Mick.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: March 26, 2014 16:18

Re Europe.

I am now in Australia touring the country without the Stones... As I missed put on these shows maybe I can still catch up on Europe.

A friend managed to buy tickets for Lisbon, please can someone let me know if there are sticket sales still to be held and when?

I'm sure the details have already been posted but it's a bit difficult to sort out from my mobile.

If anyone can let me know on a short note what tickets will be on sale soon I would greatly appreciate it,thanks!

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Date: March 26, 2014 16:24

zgubi
Re Europe.

I am now in Australia touring the country without the Stones... As I missed put on these shows maybe I can still catch up on Europe.

A friend managed to buy tickets for Lisbon, please can someone let me know if there are sticket sales still to be held and when?

I'm sure the details have already been posted but it's a bit difficult to sort out from my mobile.

If anyone can let me know on a short note what tickets will be on sale soon I would greatly appreciate it,thanks!

Paris is this Friday.

Date: March 26, 2014 16:27

They want to do South America too, but first they need to9 do Europe this summer and then the 7 shows in Australia and New Zealand in October or so later this year. If they are able to merge these into a South America tour, ort if they do South America separately, that is somwthing we will have to wait for information about a while still.

Bjornulf

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 26, 2014 16:27

@zgubi - What shows are you interested in? You can currently get tickets (including GC1) for the opening night in Oslo thanks to this cool presale link [www.billettservice.no] see the OSLO thread for more details.

Paris and Stockholm go on sale on Friday (there was a presale for Stockholm), Madrid on April 2nd - good luck !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-26 16:28 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 26, 2014 16:29

I am kind of impressed with the tick tock timing work of these 14 dates.
With exactly 3 days between dates, we will be able to set our clocks to this tour.

Date: March 26, 2014 16:50

Doxa
Redhotcarpet

To the first question: most probably, like always... But what goes for the second: if you really feel that way, that there is that drive in your heart to see your beloved band one more time, as is still possible, I'll recommend you to buy a ticket. You might regret some day that you did't go... Besides all the celebration mood, taking part to the big Rolling Stones family, showing some moral support to Jagger and hearing the greatest rock songs of all-time performed by their original creators, seeing The Stones doing "Midnight Rambler" with Taylor is alone a helluva moment solely in terms of fantastic live music.

- Doxa

I was thinking about Taylor and the fact that this might actually be the last time. Midnight Rambler. Sure why not. Edit: and thanks for info on South America. We'll have to wait for that one. Would be cool to see them do some more obscure place in South America.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-26 16:53 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: March 26, 2014 17:02

Doxa
Redhotcarpet

- Doxa

Agree.
And "Midnight Rambler 2014" is THE REAL KILLER.
I saw it in 2012 but quite better in 2014 asian-leg.

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: March 26, 2014 17:17

bv
They want to do South America too, but first they need to9 do Europe this summer and then the 7 shows in Australia and New Zealand in October or so later this year. If they are able to merge these into a South America tour, ort if they do South America separately, that is somwthing we will have to wait for information about a while still.

Australia/NZ aside, a further 14 shows in South America, Mexico and US/Canada at the end of the year would make sense, no?

something like:

Santiago
Buenos Aires x 2
Sao Paolo x 2
Mexico City x 2

Vancouver
Toronto
Dallas
Atlanta
Miami
NYC MSG x 2

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 26, 2014 18:08

No, it dont make sense. I think you are driving BV mad.

Jeroen

Date: March 26, 2014 19:34

Did BV not mention Atlanta, Miami and Houston in another post?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 26, 2014 19:38

yeah, the 2028 Tour
Jeroen

Posted by: knatalio ()
Date: March 26, 2014 20:11

Redhotcarpet
Doxa
Redhotcarpet

- Doxa

I was thinking about Taylor and the fact that this might actually be the last time. Midnight Rambler. Sure why not. Edit: and thanks for info on South America. We'll have to wait for that one. Would be cool to see them do some more obscure place in South America.

Do some more obscure place in South America?

We won our place in the RS tours, here in Buenos Aires and everywhere in the Latin Hot Places they love to play.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 27, 2014 01:03

bv

BV,

is it definitely off the table, that AUS/NZ could be done BEFORE Europe? Is October the earliest possibility? If yes, I could claim a refund for my ticket. I'm leaving New Zealand in July. Or should I wait for official dates?

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 27, 2014 01:18

Adelaide Oval won't be avail in Australia until October

Posted by: stillweldozer ()
Date: March 27, 2014 02:46

oklahoma?!?!?!?!/1

i remember seein them here 3 times and gettin loaded and rockinn to BITCH

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 27, 2014 04:07

Karlos123
bv

BV,

is it definitely off the table, that AUS/NZ could be done BEFORE Europe? Is October the earliest possibility? If yes, I could claim a refund for my ticket. I'm leaving New Zealand in July. Or should I wait for official dates?

There is no chance they will play in Australia or New Zealand before the European tour. It's not practical on many levels, even if they wanted to. Aside from the recent tragic events in Mick's life, the complex logistics of organizing and scheduling shows of this size without at least several months notice would be extremely difficult, if not impossible. Plus you have to consider the local weather for the outdoor shows. October or November would be the earliest they could return and even then there could be issues that could force them to have to wait until early 2015. Hopefully they will add a couple of Australian shows to the itinerary when they do return.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-27 12:34 by TornAndFried.

Re: Oslo, Stockholm, Roskilde, Zurich, Lisbon confirmed!
Posted by: tussler ()
Date: March 27, 2014 19:39

bv
The secret show will be in my garden a few days before the tour start in Oslo. If they need more space I will recommend Rockefeller or Sentrum Scene. No problem. Anyway, I will be biking around the arena and the Oslo area from the moment they touch ground at Gardermoen Airport Oslo for sure.

Then I have to be your shadow winking smiley Nothing in the world could be more exlusive than a club-concert with Stones. I`m just happy to see them anyway so that would have been a bonus worth more than almost anything that the world offer smiling smiley

Date: March 27, 2014 19:41

Karlos123

They say October and as far as I know October is AFTER May, June and July. They will do NOTHING until they play their next show in OSLO May 26. Well except for rehearsals that is.

Bjornulf

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: March 27, 2014 19:51

Will they rehearse in Oslo, Paris, London or elsewhere?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 27, 2014 21:00

The Worst.
Will they rehearse in Oslo, Paris, London or elsewhere?

They will likely return to Paris for band rehearsals (with the possibility of a club show or open rehearsal with a live audience), and probably do a closed technical/dress rehearsal at the venue in Oslo a few days before the official start of the tour.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: March 27, 2014 21:11

I hope they don't return to Australia before END of October or November. Otherwise I would miss those Dates. And I am looking Forward to the Arena Shows again as they would have done on this Tour

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...101102103104105106107108109110111...LastNext
Current Page: 106 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1765
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home