Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: PapDX ()
Date: March 6, 2014 19:09

island01
Today I heard some rumors that Milano is the location for the concert in Italy. Uh, can't wait for the official announcement because this waiting is driving me crazy a little bit.

I would hope so, but I've just read (here, on this site) that the Italian bid was won by Rome.

I was too at the Springsteen concert at Stade De France, but Milan is probably going to be a much cheaper air fare for me...

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: March 6, 2014 19:19

I would like it to be Rome because I have a huge desire to visit that city despite San Siro is probably one of the greatest concert venues I've been to. Surely better than hippodrome.

Posted by: MRROLLING ()
Date: March 6, 2014 22:58

STADE de FRANCE FRIDAY 13th JUNE 2014

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 6, 2014 23:49

MRROLLING
STADE de FRANCE FRIDAY 13th JUNE 2014

Thanks. Are you sure ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: matthijst ()
Date: March 6, 2014 23:59

Some dude is claiming that the announcement for Pinkpop will be made tomorrow.
(not sure how reliable, as anyone can claim it these days and someone will probably be right sooner or later, as an announcement is bound to happen any day now).

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-07 00:00 by matthijst.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 7, 2014 00:09

Pinkpop - that sounds like a pop-festival for teenage girls...

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: March 7, 2014 00:15

Wondering about Amsterdam...no way the guys arent playing there...

About France...really wondering if a 2nd show could be in the works for indoor settings...

Still thinking they are frustrated about the club show not being done in february and they will throw a surprise in the itinerary

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 7, 2014 00:27

Stoneage
Pinkpop - that sounds like a pop-festival for teenage girls...

Pink comes from Pinksteren which is Whitsun or Pentecost. The festival always takes place in that weekend.

Tomorrow we'll be learning about another christian holiday.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 7, 2014 00:34

I see, thanks. It's called pingst in Swedish.

Posted by: OnlyKeef ()
Date: March 7, 2014 00:48

lickskeith

About France...really wondering if a 2nd show could be in the works for indoor settings...

Still thinking they are frustrated about the club show not being done in february and they will throw a surprise in the itinerary

À l'Olympia ? Au Trianon ? À la Cigale ? Or a 12-15000 places indoor venue like Bercy ?!

Bv, Can you confirm this rumor ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 7, 2014 02:36

Program
Rome or Dublin ?

("It will be interesting to see which city they'll choose to finish the European leg." )

I'm personally unconvinced about a Dublin show. Apart from a vague article in an Irish tabloid last month (republished on here, when the show was then added to the 'rumoured' list) I havent heard a whisper in the Irish media or amongst fans or music people 'in the know' about it. Usually coming close to the time when such a show would be announced, there are stories all over the place.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: March 7, 2014 05:20

Seems like now Dusseldorf Germany becomes more likely.That would mean no Cologne.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: March 7, 2014 08:28

matthijst
Some dude is claiming that the announcement for Pinkpop will be made tomorrow.
(not sure how reliable, as anyone can claim it these days and someone will probably be right sooner or later, as an announcement is bound to happen any day now).

[twitter.com]

He's an dutch jazz artist ... I want to trust him, but I don't really know ... no official teaser for Pinkpop?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 7, 2014 08:46

Gazza
Program
Rome or Dublin ?

("It will be interesting to see which city they'll choose to finish the European leg." )

I'm personally unconvinced about a Dublin show. Apart from a vague article in an Irish tabloid last month (republished on here, when the show was then added to the 'rumoured' list) I havent heard a whisper in the Irish media or amongst fans or music people 'in the know' about it. Usually coming close to the time when such a show would be announced, there are stories all over the place.

Garth Brooks, he can sell in Dublin - 5 showd, 400000 people

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 7, 2014 08:48

BV, any news about Europe announcement?

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: March 7, 2014 10:52

OnlyKeef
lickskeith

À l'Olympia ? Au Trianon ? À la Cigale ? Or a 12-15000 places indoor venue like Bercy ?!

Bercy is closed until october 2014.
There's no other venue like Bercy in Paris, or even in France.

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: March 7, 2014 11:11

Yes there is..halle tony garnier lyon 16000

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 7, 2014 11:13

That would leave us with the 6000-capacity Zénith where the band never played previously...

Date: March 7, 2014 11:30

lickskeith
Yes there is..halle tony garnier lyon 16000

True. Is this venue OK? I heard a lot of bad thing about it (old venue, bad sound etc.).

I don't think there will be more than 1 big concert (arena or stadium) in France this year.
In France, we're not used to pay more than 80 or 100 € for a rock concert. Not sure that there will so much demand for the Stones.
Stade de France would be sold out if there's a lot of people coming from other european countries.

But they can do a surprise gig in Paris if Stade de France is the opening gig of the european leg.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 7, 2014 11:51

Looks like there will be a Pinkpop announcement by the Stones on Monday March 10.
Jeroen

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: March 7, 2014 11:53

corriecas
Looks like there will be a Pinkpop announcement by the Stones on Monday March 10.
Jeroen

Based on what source?

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 7, 2014 11:57

Gazza
Program
Rome or Dublin ?

I agree, without any uk concerts i just cant see it viable money wise imho.

If the dates work out for me, dublin would be one of the one's i would be looking for plus the mrs can meet up with some friends and relatives.drinking smiley

so if there is no uk dates then it will be either paris, rome or probably germany gigs for me.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 7, 2014 12:12

Mabru
corriecas
Jeroen

Based on what source?

something i heard on Dutch radio this morning.
Jeroen

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: March 7, 2014 12:15

The Stones again in the El Mundo newspaper (Spain). Following the news from last Wednesday about the concert for the 25th June, there is another article today which, according to their sources (Julian Ruiz) the concert is 100% firm. We´ll see and hope they are right.

[www.elmundo.es]

Posted by: lenoplaf ()
Date: March 7, 2014 12:45

MRAmandaJones
OnlyKeef
lickskeith

Well in fact there are some :

Arena du Stade Pierre-Mauroy in Lille capacity 25000 (close to Belgium)
Halle Tony Garnier Lyon capacity 17000 (not far from Geneva)
Arena Montpellier Montpellier capacity 14800 (Springsteen playedthere for the last tour)

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: March 7, 2014 13:00

More in Spain
[instagram.com]#

Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: March 7, 2014 13:16

lenoplaf
MRAmandaJones
OnlyKeef
lickskeith

Well in fact there are some :

Arena du Stade Pierre-Mauroy in Lille capacity 25000 (close to Belgium)
Halle Tony Garnier Lyon capacity 17000 (not far from Geneva)
Arena Montpellier Montpellier capacity 14800 (Springsteen playedthere for the last tour)

You're right (I shouldn't have been so affirmative!).

But, anyway, it would be a surprise for me that more than one concert be scheduled next spring/summer.
- Since 1998, concerts outside Paris (held in stadiums) have been canceled or not sold out;
- If dutch promoters think there's a risk to schedule the Stones in ZiggoDome, it's difficult to imagine a french promoter who would take the risk to schedule the Stones in an arena far from Paris.

But i hope i'm wrongsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-07 13:18 by MRAmandaJones.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 7, 2014 13:28

Sister Marie
Welcome back in Paris then! Next time, for your steak, according to your taste you have 4 levels of cooking. From the less cooked to the over cooked, ask: "bleu", "saignant", "à point" or "bien cuit".

odean73: Thanks for the advice i do take it that the bleu is the rare one? < exscuse my lack of the french language in which i have to say i find very sexy >

"Bleu" is nearly raw. "Saignant" is not very cooked (meat still read inside, saignant means bloody so you can imagine)
"A point" more cooked and "bien cuit"... very cooked, avoid this one, the meat become brown inside and usually too hard.
Rare = saignant.

(sorry for the cookery out of topic but welcome dear fan/tourists is important) smileys with beer

...Yep! And 'MEDIUM rare' (as originally mentioned by Odean73) is "à point"... no?

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: March 7, 2014 13:31

CousinC
Seems like now Dusseldorf Germany becomes more likely.That would mean no Cologne.

That would make sense considering the ticket prices as the arena at Dusseldorf has more than the double capacity compared to the one in Cologne and both citys are in the same area

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 7, 2014 14:24

Can anyone living in Holland tell me if this would be a suitable hotell to stay at for the show in Landgraaf?

[www.booking.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1526
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home