Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Date: February 25, 2014 11:48

Thanks, TE!

The Stones in Granåsen... Would have been something smiling smiley

Posted by: TE ()
Date: February 25, 2014 11:55

Would have been great DP, yes, kind of sad for a great place.
Another well know thing mentioned in the article is that they want to explore new places.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: February 25, 2014 14:44

TE
Finally some interesting news in a Norwegian paper.
Trondheim have tried to get them several times.
They had to give them up since they didn't get the sponsors.
The dates they worked on was July 3rd or 6th.
25 places in the bidding for 15 shows.
No time to write it all now, but that was the important stuff.
Have fun with Google translate...

[www.adressa.no]

TE
Oslo
Too bad, to go to the show by boat Hurtigruten, a real dream... beautiful Norway... smiling smiley

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: February 25, 2014 15:47

schwonek
O2
Stonesfan2146
jackflash27
Kaisan
I´m really looking forward to the possible gig list from BV - I don´t want to urge you, BV, but it would be nice if you could make such a list in a few days ;-)

+1 We need the list BV smiling smiley

thumbs up
thumbs up
thumbs up
c'mon c'mon c'mon BV please smileys with beer

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 25, 2014 16:02

The 2006 Bergen show was memorable. And WET.

Forget Drontheim
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: February 25, 2014 15:00

During the negotiations considering the European leg of the 2014 tour, the Norwegian town of Drontheim lost it`s opportunity to get one of the 15 planned concerts, because nobody was willing to take the economical risk. The Stones wanted 5 million dollars. 25 European cities were interested in getting The Stones. The band really wanted to play where they never had been before. The managing firm "Sensible Events" has said that "Drontheim looks great", and they promised to recommend it for the band.

Re: Forget Drontheim
Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: February 25, 2014 15:15

Would you mind to mention the source, unless you are the source yourself? It looks like this is coming from a newspaper?

Re: Forget Drontheim
Date: February 25, 2014 15:17

Here is the story in the appropriate thread (a little info + link to an article in norwegian only):

[www.iorr.org]

PS: And it's Trondheim, not "Drontheim" smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-25 15:18 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 25, 2014 17:42

What it basically is saying re possible show in Trondheim (Norway's 3rd largest city approx 500 km direct north of Oslo) is that they asked for a bank guarantee to pre-pay for the fun but it was not possible to supply that with the given deadlines.

Bjornulf

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 25, 2014 20:21

bv
I do see the rumours and I will prepare a list soon, as soon as the band is leaving Paris.

Is that now? :-)

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 26, 2014 10:44

Regarding the Stade de France supposed "mid-june" date (which was mentioned in Paris Match), One Direction are playing said stadium on the 20th and 21st of June. Let's assume One Direction needs one day to load in so that takes the 19th out of the Stones. If the Stones need one day to load out that takes the 18th. This would mean the Stones' date is June 17th or earlier.

Pure speculation here of course. Any One Direction fans here that could shed some light on their load-in and load-out times? winking smiley

EDIT: One Direction dates corrected

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-26 11:06 by Topi.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: February 26, 2014 11:25

Topi

Any One Direction fans here that could shed some light on their load-in and load-out times? winking smiley

The youngest IORRian is still some 3 times the age of the older One Direction fan....

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: February 26, 2014 14:05

I do not want to complain, but having seen pics of the large rather boring 2014 on fire stage from Toyka and Abu Dhabi I hope for at least some "arena sized" gigs during the Euopean leg where the "old" lip-shaped stage is reused.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 15:12

Stoneswolf
I do not want to complain, but having seen pics of the large rather boring 2014 on fire stage from Toyka and Abu Dhabi I hope for at least some "arena sized" gigs during the Euopean leg where the "old" lip-shaped stage is reused.

Yeap, I am always deciding whether or not I am going to see a band based on the shape of the stage they are going to use :-)

Seriously though - arena gigs in Europe would be great, of course. But I would be happy if I get to any gig. If I am 2 meters from the stage, I don't mind much whether there are 8000 or 80 000 people. No need to mention, that all stages look pretty much the same from that distance :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-26 15:15 by Happy24.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: February 26, 2014 15:30

Happy24
If I am 2 meters from the stage, I don't mind much whether there are 8000 or 80 000 people.

confused smiley consider yourself being 2 meters away from the stage and a stage height of 2-3 m . I am sure you would prefer the tounge shape arena stage that was around 1.5 m in high (and people in the pit were face to face ehrr face to knee with the Stones).

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: February 26, 2014 15:53

Stoneswolf
Happy24
If I am 2 meters from the stage, I don't mind much whether there are 8000 or 80 000 people.

confused smiley consider yourself being 2 meters away from the stage and a stage height of 2-3 m . I am sure you would prefer the tounge shape arena stage that was around 1.5 m in high (and people in the pit were face to face ehrr face to knee with the Stones).
Correct it's a great stage and I hope that some Europeans will have the chance to see that stage. Even if they won't be in the pit, it's different and an experience.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 16:08

Stoneswolf
Happy24

Well, that IS true. Yes, I also prefer arena shows, especially if I have a FOS ticket. But then again, I haven't seen The Stones in 7 years, so I just take any scale of te show as long I am part of it.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 18:11

Dutch DJ Giel Beelen confirms Stones appearance on Pinkpop! Source: [festileaks.com]

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: February 26, 2014 20:42

jackflash27
Dutch DJ Giel Beelen confirms Stones appearance on Pinkpop! Source: [festileaks.com]

Hmm ... I expect them to play Pinkpop. But I don't know how trustable the source is. I never heard of that DJ ;-)

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 26, 2014 21:27

Kaisan
jackflash27

Hmm ... I expect them to play Pinkpop. But I don't know how trustable the source is. I never heard of that DJ ;-)

he is very reliable, here in Holland.
jeroen

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: February 26, 2014 21:31

corriecas
Kaisan
jackflash27

jeroen

Really? Would be great to have some kind of confirmation for Pinkpop ... I'm really looking forward to the Pinkpop press conference (12 March) - hope the best!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: February 26, 2014 22:13

Kaisan
corriecas
Kaisan
jackflash27

jeroen

Really? Would be great to have some kind of confirmation for Pinkpop ... I'm really looking forward to the Pinkpop press conference (12 March) - hope the best!

Good news...I was starting to think..it was too quiet

Stones play TW CLassics in Belgium
Posted by: mrsoul ()
Date: February 20, 2014 22:19

Yes,the contract is signed for this summer festival.
Announcement early march.
Sure? Yes, a very good friend of mine is a musician in a major band supporting The Stones at TW Classics. That band signed the gig this week and gave me the news today.
More major bands tba soon, or should I say one major artist, who suddenly shifted gears by releasing some of the strongest material, beginning in the late nineties.
This festival will be one hell of a day!

Re: Stones play TW CLassics in Belgium
Date: February 20, 2014 22:34

Interesting! Thanks thumbs up

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 20, 2014 22:35

Great information mrsoul. I can well believe it. Wonder where the London gigs will be. Probably Wembley, I reckon.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: February 20, 2014 22:45

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-21 00:43 by 3DTeafoe.

Posted by: mrsoul ()
Date: February 20, 2014 23:20

Not to be confused with Rock Werchter at the same festival site.
TW Classics is the festival where Springsteen headlined last year, the weekend after Rock Werchter.

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: February 21, 2014 00:25

that would/will be fantastic!!!

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: February 21, 2014 00:40

mrsoul
Not to be confused with Rock Werchter at the same festival site.
TW Classics is the festival where Springsteen headlined last year, the weekend after Rock Werchter.

Thanks for the clarification.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 21, 2014 07:20

TW CLassic website: [www.twclassic.be]

Seems to be scheduled for Sat, 28th June 2014, but the date is not yet firm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-21 07:40 by Irix.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2055
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home