Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: February 21, 2014 00:17

In 1989 Pink Floyd had 65,000 attedance at OAKA stadium. Among them, 10,000 - 15,000 were gatecrashers.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: February 21, 2014 07:59

Kirk, I agree with everything you said, and I forgot to mention the sudden change of location and date. People couldn't get a refund so things became a bit ugly I remember.However groups like U2 if you remember and similar acts draw huge amounts of people.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: February 21, 2014 16:07

How about Croatia - Zagreb or Split. Last time they played here was in 1998. with attendance 80.000. That's a respective number. It would be no problem filling arena or stadium.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: February 22, 2014 16:37

LAST NEWS (rumor?) about the concert in France:
According to Paris Match, a French magazine, they'll be playing mid-June at the Stade de France. confused smiley smiling bouncing smiley
Today this guy wrote a -very personal- review about the Abu Dhabi concert, so it seems he had the last news (he looks sure of it):
[www.parismatch.com]

Hier soir à Abu Dhabi les Rolling Stones étaient les rois du monde. Ils seront à Paris mi-juin pour le prouver une fois encore au Stade de France.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 22, 2014 16:55

Latest rumours all seem possible.
Couldn't be better.
Hopefully UK shows will also be in june.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 23, 2014 04:48

Bitches Brew
How about Croatia - Zagreb or Split. Last time they played here was in 1998. with attendance 80.000. That's a respective number. It would be no problem filling arena or stadium.

1998 was a different era in Stones terms. Back then their tickets cost much the same as everyone else's and were on average about £30 or £35. Now you can put an extra zero on that and you'll still probably only be able to see them on a video screen.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: February 23, 2014 05:52

Sister Marie
LAST NEWS (rumor?) about the concert in France:
According to Paris Match, a French magazine, they'll be playing mid-June at the Stade de France. confused smiley smiling bouncing smiley
Today this guy wrote a -very personal- review about the Abu Dhabi concert, so it seems he had the last news (he looks sure of it):
[www.parismatch.com]

Hier soir à Abu Dhabi les Rolling Stones étaient les rois du monde. Ils seront à Paris mi-juin pour le prouver une fois encore au Stade de France.

Sounds good to me, and we want a pelouse d'or please ............ none of this seated bollocks !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: February 23, 2014 12:40

So ... if they play Pinkpop, it´ll be announced soon. The press conference is in 17 days, the whole line-up will be revealed there, so it could be interessting the next days and weeks for fans in Europe (specially for those who live around and in netherlands). Do you guys think they play on Pinkpop?

Date: February 23, 2014 15:56

Gazza
Bitches Brew

1998 was a different era in Stones terms. Back then their tickets cost much the same as everyone else's and were on average about £30 or £35. Now you can put an extra zero on that and you'll still probably only be able to see them on a video screen.

That is true, but they haven't played here in a really long time and if U2 sold out stadium 2 nights in a row (attendance totally over 124 000) with high priced tickets i think that the Stones would have no problem with selling the tickets here.

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: February 23, 2014 16:06

Bitches Brew
That is true, but they haven't played here in a really long time and if U2 sold out stadium 2 nights in a row (attendance totally over 124 000) with high priced tickets i think that the Stones would have no problem with selling the tickets here.

Major concert company in Croatia that organized all big events recent years (U2, Roger Waters, Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi, Beyonce, R. Williams etc) does not longer exist, so I can say for sure that Croatia won't be on the list because there is simply no one who has so much money to organize such a demanding concert.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 23, 2014 16:55

Kaisan
So ... if they play Pinkpop, it´ll be announced soon. The press conference is in 17 days, the whole line-up will be revealed there, so it could be interessting the next days and weeks for fans in Europe (specially for those who live around and in netherlands). Do you guys think they play on Pinkpop?

Could well be. The grounds are not that great, you dont have a good view on the stage............
like in Abu Dabi, haaaahahaha
,. No seriouslu, its ok, not great, but ok.
jeroen

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 23, 2014 18:53

The Stones have arrived in Japan:

[www.gettyimages.co.uk]

[www.gettyimages.dk]

And there's a truck on the streets of Tokyo, probably promoting the concerts:

Here's some more photographs for those interested: [www.gettyimages.dk]

[www.gettyimages.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-23 19:06 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 23, 2014 20:38

Press says they arrived early in the morning in Abu Dhabi on Feb 18, and pictures in Tokyo aiport were taken aroud 4 PM, local time - count 10 hours of flight from Abu Dhabi - meaning they left Abu Dhabi at about 1 AM (5 hours of diffence)

It seems they choose to flight at night, not during the day...It's quite exhausting.

Date: February 23, 2014 20:52

island01
Bitches Brew

Major concert company in Croatia that organized all big events recent years (U2, Roger Waters, Iron Maiden, Bon Jovi, Beyonce, R. Williams etc) does not longer exist, so I can say for sure that Croatia won't be on the list because there is simply no one who has so much money to organize such a demanding concert.

That is true, but a lot of great bands and players will come this summer in Croatia, at least we can hope..cool smiley

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 23, 2014 22:54

Kaisan

Well, I've been thinking about this 'issue' also the last couple of weeks. At first I assumed that the Stones announcement had to be prior to the start of the pre-sales / press conference. But -if I remember correctly- history reached us that the whole Pinkpop line up was not ALWAYS revealed at start presales. And, the longer I think about it, the more I think the Stones announcement will be later. 3 comments on that;

1) Jan Smeets doesn't want Pinkpop to be a Stones fans gathering instead of -what it should be- a festival site with a mixed public in terms of music taste. A lot of stones fans don't want to take the risk of the Stones eventually not being on the program and already have tickets
2) Stones management will have demanded that the Stones will get the scoop of making the announcement first. That will mean that they only do that at the time 70% of all European dates are settled and contracts are signed. I have a feeling that this will take a little bit more time than 3 weeks.
3) I think Jan Smeets talked a little bit too much about the Stones concert at Pinkpop. My impression is that the deal was signed end January and in his overenthousiasm, Jan said a little bit too much about it all. The media attention and press outings (remember the 1 page ad in the AD?) scared him a little, resulting in not hearing any news about it the last weeks. He desperately wants to shout to the media WE DID IT: WE SIGNED THE STONES, but due to contractual limitations, he can't. I think the press conference gives us a 95% full program of pInkpop with one big surprise that will only be revealed a few weeks later.

Announcement or not in the next few weeks: I will be in front of the doors in the middle of the night, just to score those PINKPOP tickets. I think chances are extremely high that the stones will do Pinkpop. If it wasn't true, we would know by now....

BV: how about publishing the rumored list of european shows? you should have a pretty complete overview of the tour, right?

Posted by: grizzlybear ()
Date: February 23, 2014 22:55

zgubi
Hi guys,

I was lucky enough to benefit from the Hyde Park fiasco getting to stay 15m from the stage (sorry for everyone who was disappointed tho). I've first seen them in Bucharest in 2005 - to this day the best concert I ever attended - was so amazed by a Bigger Band that I jumped on a plane when they announced the London O2 gigs and then Hyde Park this summer.

I live in Romania and have decided to take a trip to Australia on my own (first time out of Europe) and hopefully follow the tour if possible and while discovering the big Oz with gigs spicing up the travel adventure. Conveniently enough my route will be thru the Emirates so if the dates match conveniently I might get to see the Stones on several continents.

So far I secured 2 general admission tickets for Adelaide and hoping to do the same for the rest of the tour once this is announced.
Just thought I'd drop a quick word hoping to rock with some of you guys next Spring smiling smiley

Cheers and good luck with your ticket wishes everyone!

Hey zgubi,

The Bucharest show you mentioned happened in 2007. The stadium is 10 mins walk from my home.
Good to find another Romanian Iorrian around smiling smiley
Have fun in Adelaide; I'm waiting for the European round.

Cheers,
grizzly

Posted by: basti ()
Date: February 24, 2014 02:03

Any Infos about Shows in Germany

Can anybody most in One Post all rumored Shows ???

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 24, 2014 13:32

jackflash27
Kaisan

Well, I've been thinking about this 'issue' also the last couple of weeks. At first I assumed that the Stones announcement had to be prior to the start of the pre-sales / press conference. But -if I remember correctly- history reached us that the whole Pinkpop line up was not ALWAYS revealed at start presales. And, the longer I think about it, the more I think the Stones announcement will be later. 3 comments on that;

1) Jan Smeets doesn't want Pinkpop to be a Stones fans gathering instead of -what it should be- a festival site with a mixed public in terms of music taste. A lot of stones fans don't want to take the risk of the Stones eventually not being on the program and already have tickets
2) Stones management will have demanded that the Stones will get the scoop of making the announcement first. That will mean that they only do that at the time 70% of all European dates are settled and contracts are signed. I have a feeling that this will take a little bit more time than 3 weeks.
3) I think Jan Smeets talked a little bit too much about the Stones concert at Pinkpop. My impression is that the deal was signed end January and in his overenthousiasm, Jan said a little bit too much about it all. The media attention and press outings (remember the 1 page ad in the AD?) scared him a little, resulting in not hearing any news about it the last weeks. He desperately wants to shout to the media WE DID IT: WE SIGNED THE STONES, but due to contractual limitations, he can't. I think the press conference gives us a 95% full program of pInkpop with one big surprise that will only be revealed a few weeks later.

Announcement or not in the next few weeks: I will be in front of the doors in the middle of the night, just to score those PINKPOP tickets. I think chances are extremely high that the stones will do Pinkpop. If it wasn't true, we would know by now....

BV: how about publishing the rumored list of european shows? you should have a pretty complete overview of the tour, right?

Ticketsales of Pinkpop starts on march 15, Press info by Jan Smeets march 12.
jeroen

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: February 24, 2014 16:11

I´m really looking forward to the possible gig list from BV - I don´t want to urge you, BV, but it would be nice if you could make such a list in a few days ;-)

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 24, 2014 17:07

Kaisan
I´m really looking forward to the possible gig list from BV - I don´t want to urge you, BV, but it would be nice if you could make such a list in a few days ;-)

+1 We need the list BV smiling smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 24, 2014 17:09

jackflash27
Kaisan

thumbs up

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: February 24, 2014 17:42

Stonesfan2146
jackflash27
Kaisan

thumbs up
thumbs up

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: February 24, 2014 20:40

Oh Yes please BV!! THE list would be so appreciated!!!!

Thank you so much for all your work

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: February 24, 2014 21:14

lickskeith
Oh Yes please BV!! THE list would be so appreciated!!!!

Thank you so much for all your work

Oui oui please!!!!!! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 24, 2014 21:34

O2
Stonesfan2146
jackflash27
Kaisan

thumbs up
thumbs up
thumbs up

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: February 24, 2014 22:13

basti
Any Infos about Shows in Germany

Can anybody most in One Post all rumored Shows ???

Deutschland: Nicht wirklich, nein ... Not really!

But they will happen, only illness and death will stop this, I'm sure!!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: February 24, 2014 23:14

muenke

Deutschland: Nicht wirklich, nein ... Not really!

But they will happen, only illness and death will stop this, I'm sure!!

Oh yes: Berlin and Cologne should be considered likely!
And Rehearsals take place in my basement ... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: February 25, 2014 09:07

grizzlybear
zgubi
Hi guys,

I was lucky enough to benefit from the Hyde Park fiasco getting to stay 15m from the stage (sorry for everyone who was disappointed tho). I've first seen them in Bucharest in 2005 - to this day the best concert I ever attended - was so amazed by a Bigger Band that I jumped on a plane when they announced the London O2 gigs and then Hyde Park this summer.

I live in Romania and have decided to take a trip to Australia on my own (first time out of Europe) and hopefully follow the tour if possible and while discovering the big Oz with gigs spicing up the travel adventure. Conveniently enough my route will be thru the Emirates so if the dates match conveniently I might get to see the Stones on several continents.

So far I secured 2 general admission tickets for Adelaide and hoping to do the same for the rest of the tour once this is announced.
Just thought I'd drop a quick word hoping to rock with some of you guys next Spring smiling smiley

Cheers and good luck with your ticket wishes everyone!

Hey zgubi,

The Bucharest show you mentioned happened in 2007. The stadium is 10 mins walk from my home.
Good to find another Romanian Iorrian around smiling smiley
Have fun in Adelaide; I'm waiting for the European round.

Cheers,
grizzly

I was actually hoping you'd see this smiling smiley please get in touch on fb Andreea Travel Adventures maybe we'll meet for that European tour

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 25, 2014 09:44

I'm starting to knock. BV, any tour updates?

Posted by: TE ()
Date: February 25, 2014 11:45

Finally some interesting news in a Norwegian paper.
Trondheim have tried to get them several times.
They had to give them up since they didn't get the sponsors.
The dates they worked on was July 3rd or 6th.
25 places in the bidding for 15 shows.
No time to write it all now, but that was the important stuff.
Have fun with Google translate...

[www.adressa.no]

TE
Oslo

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1747
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home