Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 18, 2014 14:15

Thommie
Who are the local guest musicians?

...maybe one of them is "the artist formerly known as CAT STEVENS"...?!

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: February 18, 2014 14:38

see next message

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-18 14:49 by Stoneswolf.

Date: February 18, 2014 14:47

jackflash27
Tour announcement europe in March, tour start in May according to this source: [www.wegotit.at]

Mick Jagger working on an Elvis movie? I am relucting to believe someone who mixed up Elvis Presley and James Brown.

similar rumors here:

[www.radiohamburg.de]
they mention: annoucement for Europe in March,
concerts starting in April in Amsterdam, Paris, Oslo, Antwerpen, Germany and Vienna.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-18 14:48 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 18, 2014 14:58

Stoneswolf
see next message

A teaser?

Date: February 18, 2014 15:03

Thommie
Stoneswolf
see next message

A teaser?

nope, just found out that the "new info" at radiohamburg from today was very similiar to the old one at wegotit.at (expect some minor chances in the dates.) which was related to rumors from December...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-18 15:04 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 18, 2014 15:17

Stoneswolf
jackflash27
Tour announcement europe in March, tour start in May according to this source: [www.wegotit.at]

Mick Jagger working on an Elvis movie? I am relucting to believe someone who mixed up Elvis Presley and James Brown.

similar rumors here:

[www.radiohamburg.de]
concerts starting in April in Amsterdam, Paris, Oslo, Antwerpen, Germany and Vienna.

very doubtful, as they finish this leg April 5. I guess they will take a break for 6 weeks, so Tour start early June.
jeroen

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: February 18, 2014 19:24

Christos

According to this newspaper, the Stones are likely to play in Athens, Greece this summer (also rumours for Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan)

Hey Christos, I have seen similar info elsewhere, so it seems that is is going to happen in Athens!!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 19, 2014 16:38

corriecas
Stoneswolf
jackflash27

similar rumors here:

[www.radiohamburg.de]

very doubtful, as they finish this leg April 5. I guess they will take a break for 6 weeks, so Tour start early June.
jeroen

Worthless rumours.
Chuck will be playing at River Jam Music Festival May 16 & 17.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-19 16:38 by BowieStone.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 19, 2014 18:39

The European tour will NOT start in April. First they will have a break, then they will rehearse a bit in May, then there will be a tour of some 6-7 weeks in June, may be crossing into the last part of May and half of July. That is what I can see of all the trusted rumours around. Then there is a lot of not so trusted rumours also. I will try to compile a list, but I am still busy, first home from Paris, then flying to Abu Dhabi, then biking by the du Arena every now and then, enjoying the sun in Abu Dhabi (+25 C for a change) and then listening to some great music nearby.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 19, 2014 19:07

bv
The European tour will NOT start in April. First they will have a break, then they will rehearse a bit in May, then there will be a tour of some 6-7 weeks in June, may be crossing into the last part of May and half of July. That is what I can see of all the trusted rumours around. Then there is a lot of not so trusted rumours also. I will try to compile a list, but I am still busy, first home from Paris, then flying to Abu Dhabi, then biking by the du Arena every now and then, enjoying the sun in Abu Dhabi (+25 C for a change) and then listening to some great music nearby.

We're very looking forward to the TRUSTED rumor list winking smiley Hope you can put something together soon.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: February 19, 2014 22:55

Kirk
Christos

According to this newspaper, the Stones are likely to play in Athens, Greece this summer (also rumours for Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan)

Hey Christos, I have seen similar info elsewhere, so it seems that is is going to happen in Athens!!

Sure they will. The Parthenon will be sold in order to pay the band.

Date: February 20, 2014 00:37

Torres
Kirk
Christos

Sure they will. The Parthenon will be sold in order to pay the band.

Oooooh! What a profound comment....

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 20, 2014 02:43

Maybe he was out front smiling and signing stuff. grinning smiley

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 20, 2014 04:49

Could someone figure out in GMT what time Friday's show starts?.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-20 04:49 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: February 20, 2014 06:55

Assuming they are on stage 9pm it is 5pm GMT. 4h ahead.

Date: February 20, 2014 07:04

Karlos123

Abu Dhabi is 3 h ahead of Central European Time (CET) which is used in most of Western Europe, and 4 hours ahead of UK.

Bjornulf

Date: February 20, 2014 07:25

bv
Karlos123

Abu Dhabi is 3 h ahead of Central European Time (CET) which is used in most of Western Europe, and 4 hours ahead of UK.
Thanks... I got it figured to be noon in NY...

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: February 20, 2014 08:57

I hope they will come to Greece and they will easily fill up an arena here. However I don't believe it because I waited for them to come from 2002. If they don't charge ridiculous prices and keep it at 60-80 euros rage they demand would be huge.Anyway we will see them again somewhere in Europe so I am very happy for this.

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: February 20, 2014 10:17

I think we can consider the Stones in Athens rumour as nothing more than a hoax.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 20, 2014 10:30

Karlos123

To calculate your local time when the concert starts, you can use the Time Zone Converter.

It's especially recommended for Australia, because of the Summer time / Daylight saving time. Australia has only partly DST and it ends on first Sunday in April while e.g. in Europe the DST begins on last Sunday of March.

If you like, you can make a schedule with the local times and the Word file from my post here: [www.iorr.org] .

Example for London UK (GMT/BST), assuming they're on stage 8:30pm:

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-20 20:25 by Irix.

Date: February 20, 2014 11:47

If they start at 9pm in Abu Dhabi that is the following:

6pm CET i.e. Europe
5pm UK
noon NYC/EST USA
9am PST i.e. west coast USA (wake up call!)

Bjornulf

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 20, 2014 13:56

DoomandGloom
Could someone figure out in GMT what time Friday's show starts?.

There is nothing easier than typing into the search engine of your choice: time in [insert name of city]. And hey presto...

But thank you, Irix, for the brilliant calendar. It's weird for those of us in Europe to think that the Stones are playing before our lunchtime!

Date: February 20, 2014 14:04

Beast
[ It's weird for those of us in Europe to think that the Stones are playing before our lunchtime!

It will indeed, Beast - a Rock 'n' Roll breakfast in the case of Auckland.......Snap, Crackle and Rock!

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: February 20, 2014 16:20

If they come to greece it Will be for sure one of my targets. I love greece, it Will be great to see the stones there.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 20, 2014 17:02

I agree. Now more than ever Greece deserves the Stones!!

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: February 20, 2014 17:45

Speaking about Greece: the financial standing is getting worse and worse, here. Last summer Roger Waters performed at Olympic Stadium in front of 25,000 people only, despite the fact that he had charged really low ticket prices... Anyway, i have reasons to believe that the Stones could fill, even today, in the so bad -from a financial point of view- year 2014- the Olympic Stadium by really reasonable ticket prices. I mean prices adapted to the perticular financial circumstances. As StratoGR said, by prices 60- 80 euros the demand would be huge. As i said, IMO they could attract over 60,000 - 65,000 people by these prices. IF they would plan something like that...

In any case, i think an arena would be very small venue for them in Athens. Beyond Olympic Stadium there is "Karaiskaki" stadium - capacity 33,000. An intimate venue that has better acoustics than Olympic Stadium, IMO.

what about a gig at "Karaiskaki" stadium, with an open date for a second concert, in the case of huger demand? I think this could be a good idea...

Date: February 20, 2014 18:11

Irix
Karlos123

To calculate your local time when the concert starts, you can use the Time Zone Converter.

It's especially recommended for Australia, because of the Summer time / Daylight saving time. Australia has only partly DST and it ends on first Sunday in April while e.g. in Europe the DST begins on last Sunday of March.

If you like, you can make a schedule with the local times and the Word file from my post here: [www.iorr.org] .

Example for London UK (GMT/BST), assuming they're on stage 8:30pm:

THIS IS GREAT THANKS!!!!!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 20, 2014 21:46

Wasn't there a rumor that Mick Jagger plans a new really big festival in Rio De Janeiro at the end of 2014 that replaces the Rock In Rio festival where the Rolling Stones of course are going to play?
Would be great if they would do that!

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: February 20, 2014 22:17

The problem with Waters was that he played in Athens the same show back in 2011. I was in the show it was great but I didn't feel for the first time that I went to see a band. If he was coming back let's say as Pink Floyd OAKA stadium would be full.The problem with Athens if I remember correctly has something with the cost of transportation rather than the demand for tickets.
Anyway I am happy that there are Greek people in this forum hope we will meet in a future concert.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-20 22:33 by StratoGR.

Date: February 20, 2014 23:58

StratoGR,take into consideration that first, Waters changed the venue as originally planned, plus, it is Pink Floyd that are were really popular in Greece and not Roger Waters with back-up musicians playing Pink Floyd music. If it was a Pink Floyd concert we would have 70000+ attendants. For the Stones now, yes, if they keep it well under 100 Euros, whatever the venue, it will be packed.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home