Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 28, 2014 22:48

If The Rolling Stones wanted they could sell out any stadium in the western world at normal ticket price i.e. 100 Euro or so. The point is they are not able to perform that many shows, so there is no way they can perform 5 times Wembley Stadium and 2 times Ullevi and 2 times Stade de France and so on. It simply does not make sense. So that is why they start with a small set of a few shows and then they have to choose where to go. Sorry that is the deal. You have to travel more in 2014 if you want to see the Stones.

Bjornulf

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: January 29, 2014 08:50

The conclusion is that we can expect 14-15 shows around the Europe in June/July most likely on the stadiums? Am I right smiling smiley?

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: January 29, 2014 10:11

Vienna for sure
Oh yes, Vienna, Austria will see The Stones definitely!!! Wohoo smileys with beer

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 29, 2014 10:36

bv
If The Rolling Stones wanted they could sell out any stadium in the western world at normal ticket price i.e. 100 Euro or so. The point is they are not able to perform that many shows, so there is no way they can perform 5 times Wembley Stadium and 2 times Ullevi and 2 times Stade de France and so on. It simply does not make sense. So that is why they start with a small set of a few shows and then they have to choose where to go. Sorry that is the deal. You have to travel more in 2014 if you want to see the Stones.

I'm sure they could, the unfortunate reality is that they choose to do something completely different .......... like price tickets at absurd Shanghai levels (approximately 1070 Euro for a pit ticket), thereby pretty much ensuring that they do not sell out !

Why ? I would have thought that playing to a full house was more rewarding than playing to a half empty one .......... ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 29, 2014 12:15

paulywaul
bv

I'm sure they could, the unfortunate reality is that they choose to do something completely different .......... like price tickets at absurd Shanghai levels (approximately 1070 Euro for a pit ticket), thereby pretty much ensuring that they do not sell out !

Why ? I would have thought that playing to a full house was more rewarding than playing to a half empty one .......... ?

There's "rewarding" and there's "£ewarding"

Date: January 29, 2014 12:36

exhpart
paulywaul
bv

There's "rewarding" and there's "£ewarding"

Point taken !

Posted by: Mike1987 ()
Date: January 29, 2014 12:58

The Rolling Stones are getting offers from various concert promoters all the time, if the stones decide to go on the road, they will go through all the offers and take best one. the most money for not too much work.

then, if they have a deal. a tour is planned and venues are being booked.
the stones get the dates and they will show up. the promotor's task is to make sure the tickets are being sold and that they make some profit. all this has nothing to do with the rolling stones at all, they only show up and play, because they got the money.

the reason the ticket prices are so high, is that the promotor offered the stones so much money, that they have to find ways and take risks to earn it back, and some of them choose to earn back the double or triple amount of money they paid the stones in the first place.

Mick jagger explained this to us a thousand times before in the past, when asked about the ticket prices.

this is how it works IMHO.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-29 13:10 by Mike1987.

Date: January 29, 2014 13:20

Mike1987
The Rolling Stones are getting offers from various concert promoters all the time, if the stones decide to go on the road, they will go through all the offers and take best one. the most money for not too much work.

then, if they have a deal. a tour is planned and venues are being booked.
the stones get the dates and they will show up. the promotor's task is to make sure the tickets are being sold and that they make some profit. all this has nothing to do with the rolling stones at all, they only show up and play, because they got the money.

the reason the ticket prices are so high, is that the promotor offered the stones so much money, that they have to find ways and take risks to earn it back, and some of them choose to earn back the double or triple amount of money they paid the stones in the first place.

Mick jagger explained this to us a thousand times before in the past, when asked about the ticket prices.

this is how it works IMHO.

You're probably 100% correct, but it all goes back to how much the Stones will play for. If they didn't make it known (and please do not try and tell me that they do not make this known to promoters) that they will not even considers "offers" of less than (insert figure representing a very large sum of money) - then the promoters wouldn't have to charge obscene prices in order to make sure that they come out of the entire exercise having made more than 10 cents profit.

Mick Jagger's "explanations" explain precisely nothing other than what you might quite reasonably figure out all by your very clever and insightful self, namely that he is very uncomfortable talking about ticket prices and avoids the issue altogether, especially the bit that effectively initiates the whole process of ultimately determining ticket prices ............ the FEE THAT THEY CHARGE PROMOTERS.

With all due respect, don't be quite so naïve .......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-29 13:21 by paulywaul.

Date: January 29, 2014 13:31

we're getting screwed anyway.

would you take 1 million if you could get 2?
i wouldn't!

they don't charge anything from promotors, they accept offers.

one thing that worries me though is that it seems the Stones just don't give a shit, they don't give a shit about half empty stadiums or complaining fans
and old and rich fat @#$%& in front row, instead of the real fans that can't afford the insane ticjket prices.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-29 13:32 by Mike1987.

Date: January 29, 2014 13:40

Mike1987

i wouldn't!

one thing that worries me though is that it seems the Stones just don't give a shit, they don't give a shit about half empty stadiums or complaining fans
and old and rich fat @#$%& in front row, instead of the real fans that can't afford the insane ticjket prices.

I'm not for one moment advocating they play for free or even for £50 or £75, but come on ............... some of the pricing we've seen since they re-emerged in November 2012 has been unbelievable. And I'm sorry, but £880 or 1000 Euros for a tongue pit ticket in Shanghai out of all places is a notch up from plain unbelievable, it is verging on the insane ....... !

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 29, 2014 13:46

Mike1987
old and rich fat f u c k s in front row

I've been front row a couple of times. I am 58, dunno if you would call that old. But I am surely neither rich nor fat smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: January 29, 2014 13:57

i agree.
but all i'm saying is we can't blame the stones!

it's those greedy bastards from AEG and all the other promotors. who are only in it for the big money. they don't give a crap about us or the stones, they only care about big piles of money!

and the only ones who can do something about it are the fans, by not buying the overpriced tickets, and not go to the shows. but we do... so nothing is gonna change...

Date: January 29, 2014 14:00

Rolling Hansie
Mike1987

I've been front row a couple of times. I am 58, dunno if you would call that old. But I am surely neither rich nor fat smiling smiley

ik ook hansie! niet oud, niet dik en zeker niet rijk!
maar je snapt vast wel wat ik bedoel, vooral in amerika is dat overduidelijk.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 29, 2014 14:18

Please DO NOT turn this thread into a ticket prices discussion. There are already plenty of threads and posts about that.

Bjornulf

Date: January 29, 2014 14:31

bv
Please DO NOT turn this thread into a ticket prices discussion. There are already plenty of threads and posts about that.

you're right.
but it's almost impossible to have a thread about a tour and NOT talk about the tickets. the overpriced tickets. but i guess we have to talk about it in a thread about tickets.

So when are they going to announce a european tour? winking smiley

it's almost february!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-29 14:40 by Mike1987.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 29, 2014 15:12

I'm just hoping they do Hyde Park or something similar again. July 6th was a great day for me and my friend and at £95 for the whole day's music and entertainment - did anyone here see the Brazilian Carnivial girls? - I thought it was value for money, to be honest. Obviously I wasn't tier 1 but I was maybe 20m from the catwalk and the view was fine, the weather was great and apart from the first 20 seconds (Keith screwing up SMP) the music was fantastic too.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: January 29, 2014 16:07

Mike1987
Rolling Hansie
Mike1987

ik ook hansie! niet oud, niet dik en zeker niet rijk!
maar je snapt vast wel wat ik bedoel, vooral in amerika is dat overduidelijk.
sta ook 98% vd concerten vooraan, rijk en dik ben ik ook niet. oud geloof ik ook nog niet smiling smiley just be early and run lol

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-29 16:08 by MononoM.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 29, 2014 16:23

Sure the Stones could sell out any big concert, even in Africa some...
But I think if they would really want to do a big tour they could handle it.
In 2008 - 2010 there were rumors about a big concert tour and a new album in 2009/2010 or 2011/2012. I don't now why these tours never happened but today they just don't want to do so much shows. Look at Joe Cocker - he actually does bigger tours and is the same age as the stones.
And if Keith could decide on his own how much concerts they do we would get the biggest world tour they've ever done. grinning smiley

Date: January 29, 2014 16:34

MononoM
sta ook 98% vd concerten vooraan, rijk en dik ben ik ook niet. oud geloof ik ook nog niet smiling smiley just be early and run lol

hetzelfde geldt voor mij...
smileys with beer
lol, That's Right!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-29 16:41 by Mike1987.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 29, 2014 18:04

Mike1987

i wouldn't!

Neither am i , rich, old or fat, i hope you send an apology or i will bang down your door.
Jeroen

Date: January 29, 2014 18:15

corriecas
Mike1987

i wouldn't!

Neither am i , rich, old or fat, i hope you send an apology or i will bang down your door.
Jeroen

you're welcome anytime buddy!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 29, 2014 18:45

Mike1987
corriecas
Mike1987

i wouldn't!

Jeroen

you're welcome anytime buddy!
you are welcome at Ziggodome, June 24 2014

and i will buy you a beer
Jeroen

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 29, 2014 19:52

Back to the tour........................ When do we expect a European announcement ? I'm thinking we should know by March ?

sc uk

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 29, 2014 20:40

Actually, now that I think about it, the Stones haven't used the high priced arena model in places like France and Spain, right? On the Bigger Bang Tour it was stadiums with GA field with a "Golden Circle". They had VIP packages with early entry, but ticket prices as a whole were in the 100 Euro range, I believe. In Germany and the UK, they used seated fields, so ther is some precedent in those countries. But, I wonder whether the other European countries will pay the inflated prices.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: January 29, 2014 22:34

drbryant
Actually, now that I think about it, the Stones haven't used the high priced arena model in places like France and Spain, right? On the Bigger Bang Tour it was stadiums with GA field with a "Golden Circle". They had VIP packages with early entry, but ticket prices as a whole were in the 100 Euro range, I believe. In Germany and the UK, they used seated fields, so ther is some precedent in those countries. But, I wonder whether the other European countries will pay the inflated prices.

If they try that in Spain, they will be crucified and ridiculed. And with their more than ever aged look, that's an easy thing to do.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 30, 2014 01:22

Rolling Stones naar Pinkpop?

[www.rtlnieuws.nl]

Rolling Stones to Pinkpop?

[translate.google.com]

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: January 30, 2014 09:04

I believe that half of them were not Brazilian smiling smiley but yes it was nice to see.

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: January 30, 2014 09:52

bye bye johnny

[www.rtlnieuws.nl]

[translate.google.com]

I don't think it's gonna happen. Besides Glastonbury they haven't played on festivals since Knebworth 1976. I don't count Werchter 2003 as a festival. I fact Werchter 2003 was a complete Stones show with their stage on the field.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-30 11:36 by bart-man.

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: January 30, 2014 09:52

Another Pinkpop Landgraaf message from a local broadcaster:

[translate.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-30 10:47 by skyhawk.

Date: January 30, 2014 13:29

bart-man
bye bye johnny

[www.rtlnieuws.nl]

[translate.google.com]

I don't think it's gonna happen. Besides Glastonbury they haven't played on festivals since Knebworth 1976. I don't count Werchter 2003 as a festival. I fact Werchter 2003 was a complete Stones show with their stage on the field.

Well...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home