Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 14, 2013 23:38

michaelsavage
Merry Christmas

A bit early, but thanks anyway. It is always a good time for good wishes. Same to you.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 14, 2013 23:39

bv
Happy holidays!

And the same to you too

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: December 14, 2013 23:48

Rolling Hansie
corriecas
and the other person with the Ziggodome shite.

Humor, I like that smiling smiley

Wonderful stuff grinning smiley

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 16, 2013 00:17

Wow, the tickets for the Aussie shows are going fast!!!!
I tried to get a tongue pit ticket but they were sold outs in minutes and I couldn't get through...

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: December 16, 2013 01:14

Wuudy
I tried to get a tongue pit ticket but they were sold outs in minutes and I couldn't get through...

yeah it is huge gip this time round.. mate waited in queue overnight and when he got to window for tickets was told only 4 pit tickets left for rod laver show and they had not even gone on sale yet other than VIP or pre sale. an absolute scam this tour. still going to the shows of course but not happy with ticket system. high demand determines not all are satisfied.............

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 16, 2013 01:26

Wuudy

Give it ten minutes until half of those punters who forked out $1000 on tickets will suddenly check their diaries and, as luck would have it, discover that they're either washing their hair or giving birth that night and will be happy to let you take them off your hands. With an 'inconvenience' charge slapped on that pretty matches what they paid for them.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: December 16, 2013 01:57

There was only 4 regular priced tongue pit tickets in the system for each show.
We never stood a chance!

Date: December 16, 2013 01:59

Also many missed out especially those who tried for PC3 tickets.
Everything but the VIP packages are sold out.

Posted by: jahtimbo ()
Date: December 16, 2013 02:20

There are some very happy scalpers out there for sure. Any way I've got 2 in side view, section 12 (Keith's side) for Sydney!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 16, 2013 04:11

I'm so happy right now! I am second row Keith side on the catwalk for the NZ show and VIP Tonque pit with Early admission for the shows in Perth, Sydney and Melbourne!! Yippie its another season of the Stones!!

Date: December 16, 2013 04:30

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CALL TICKETEK AUSTRALIA? The other day when I bought my VIP package to Sydney the only option for me was pick up at the venue.Now I can get everything mailed, which I would prefer but I cannoy seem to change this at the site.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 16, 2013 05:38

kahoosier
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CALL TICKETEK AUSTRALIA? The other day when I bought my VIP package to Sydney the only option for me was pick up at the venue.Now I can get everything mailed, which I would prefer but I cannoy seem to change this at the site.

That happened to me to.
The mail option wasn't available.
I hope we can pick up before the show date.
Will be a nightmare on show day lining up.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 16, 2013 06:26

kahoosier
I'm so happy right now! I am second row Keith side on the catwalk for the NZ show and VIP Tonque pit with early admission for the shows in Perth, Sydney and Melbourne!! Yippie its another season of the Stones!!

Well done Doc !! hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 16, 2013 07:26

Tried to upgrade my wife's Melbourne ticket I bought in the presale, but I couldn't get through at all. Guess I should be happy we're in. Looks like promoters underestimated the demand. The could have done stadiums.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 16, 2013 08:51

kahoosier
Pick up is much safer than mail. I picked up all Packages in the US and it was great. See you in Australia in the PIT

Date: December 16, 2013 08:53

kahoosier
Yes you can. I did a double booking (because my Credit Company was to stupid) and contacted HELP via e-mail. On The reply is a phone number for urgent enquiries.
But the helpdesk via e-mail is also very efficient.

Date: December 16, 2013 09:12

I bought two PC1 tickets for Brisbane today from a ticketek outlet here in Melbourne. It only printed out a receipt and the man seemed a bit puzzled and said I must have to pick the tickets up at another time.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Date: December 16, 2013 10:09

Well when I bought Sydney at the presale, you only had the option of pick up at the venue, as Deathgod confirms happened to him also. But today when I bought the same packages for Perth and Melbourne, they had the option of having things mailed , claiming your ticket would go out two days after purchase, and the merchandise would arrive within 30 days AFTER the show. I still choose the mail because it will be easier than going from hotel to hotel lugging prints and lithographs around. Though the 30 days after might be a red flag! Maybe I should just leave it the way it is , get the merchandise at one stop and hope the rest arrives in the mail. I just find it a bit strange they change horses in midstream, and it is AEG involved some where. I remember Paulywaul last summer making call after call looking for tickets the day before a show ...ahhh for the fond days of the Cohl organization hahhaha!

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: December 16, 2013 10:12

YEA you cannot even print your tickets for 24 to 72 hours after the sale or get delivery of actual tickets.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: December 16, 2013 10:36

I was able to select EZtickets for Sydney, Melbourne and Hanging Rock. Adelaide on the other hand was mail only, I asked if they can change that thru the online form but only received the automated reply.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: December 16, 2013 10:51

according to Bobby Keys interview, rehearsals in Paris before Abu Dhabi gig - and 2 more countries to be announced

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: December 16, 2013 11:48

I got Brisbane EZtickets which I guess they will email to me eventually and I print.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: December 16, 2013 12:37

I have to admit there was a lot of excitement about this tour in the past month.
Last night was particularly fantastic as when the clock struck midnight, at the very start of my birthday I secured the final tickets for the Stones Spring adventure.

Looking forward to discovering Asia/Pacific and enjoying the tour with you wonderful people in Abu Dhabi, Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne and Hanging Rock smiling smiley

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 16, 2013 13:43

I get the understanding that we can collect our tickets from a ticketek collection agency.
The key is when?
Now, in a few days, in 2014, March....?

It's not at all clear.

Posted by: stevegdd ()
Date: December 16, 2013 13:44

Hey Guys,
I was lucky enough to get 2 'lucky dip' tickets today for the Perth show. The receipt said Area: FLR, Section; SGA. Does anyone know where that is?
Cheers
Steve

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 16, 2013 14:25

I dont know what those initials stand for Steve (FLR - Floor, SGA - Standing General Admission perhaps?), but I was under the impression that you dont get allocated your area until you pick the tickets up at the gig. At least thats how it worked in the US.

Date: December 16, 2013 14:31

Gazza
I dont know what those initials stand for Steve (FLR - Floor, SGA - Standing General Admission perhaps?), but I was under the impression that you dont get allocated your area until you pick the tickets up at the gig. At least thats how it worked in the US.
this is correct. The confirmation showd odd numbers/letters or whatever. People who had GAPIT on their confirmation ended up with nosebleed tickets and vice versa. I would only count that you're in for 99 AUS$ smoking smiley

Posted by: stevegdd ()
Date: December 16, 2013 14:49

Thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it!!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 16, 2013 14:52

I think Gazza is correct. It was reported on here that many of those $85 tickets the last time around said general admission, which led a lot of people to believe that they were going to be in the pit, when in fact they weren't.

If you can find the thread, the ticket allocation procedure was described in detail by some of those who had $85 tickets - except that doesn't mean that the same procedure will be followed this time round. They invariably manage to come up with some new twist to fox everyone confused smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-16 14:57 by Beast.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 16, 2013 15:10

Beast
I think Gazza is correct. It was reported on here that many of those $85 tickets the last time around said general admission, which led a lot of people to believe that they were going to be in the pit, when in fact they weren't.

If you can find the thread, the ticket allocation procedure was described in detail by some of those who had $85 tickets - except that doesn't mean that the same procedure will be followed this time round. They invariably manage to come up with some new twist to fox everyone confused smiley

They weren't the only ones. At the DC show, some of the ushers thought the same thing. They were directing people with the $85 wristband to the pit. By the time I got there, they had figured it out and I lost out. The very nice usher I had up in the nose bleed section still managed to get me down front, but I was kicking myself for a while that I didn't get there sooner.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1931
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home