Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: December 9, 2013 09:58

Hi Grison, Did you buy packages or just plain tickets?

Posted by: lioness ()
Date: December 9, 2013 10:03

winos
drbryant
Well, did two Tongue Pit packages for me and my daughter and a decent but definitely not great Cat 1 for my wife, who doesn't want to stand for hours. Daughter is on Spring Holiday, so it's a nice opportunity to do two days in Melbourne and two days im Sydney.

Also figured out that I can pay for all tickets and hotel by flying Economy instead of Business, so that's a given. One thing though is whether Qantas premium economy is worth 50 percent more than regular Economy. From the website, it looks almost like Business class. It's a long flight for us (11 hours) so I'm thinking it might be worth it. Anyone familiar with Qantas International Premium Economy?

I haven't flown Qantas premium economy as yet mainly down the back end of the plane for Qantas International. The seats are bit wider and not as many of them, food is supposed to be a step up from economy and also preferential boarding is given to premium passengers - if you the $ or the points to upgrade on a long flight I would suggest it.

Qantas premium economy is pretty good, certainly one of the better premium economy products. Bigger seats and arm room, fine china, etc. Better to get it on a A380 than a 747 though as the window seats have lovely big storage bins which give you heaps of room.

Posted by: exil ()
Date: December 9, 2013 10:10

ticketmaster site failed 7 times to procees my order,most were good seats.On 8th go got luckey.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 9, 2013 10:19

Anyone seen seating plans apart from the Adelaide show? The Abu Dhabi ticket list is odd, it looks like it's mostly standing with a pit, a Golden Circle around the catwalk and more standing behind that, not bad, but odd...

It seems like pit tickets are somewhat "easier" to come buy than for the O2 shows last year where they disappeared in seconds during the presale and I won't even mention the US where they only available through "Pit Packages" at $1500 if memory serves.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: December 9, 2013 10:22

For Abu Dhabi pre-sale

link

code: dulive

good luck smiling smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 9, 2013 10:27

Abu Dhabi chart, pretty odd shape :

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: December 9, 2013 10:34

Seating plans at ticketek aust for all venues, ticketmaster nz for nz very few got pit tickets at listed price doubt there were many in presale,went in seconds avail in package deals at double the price for those that are keen

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: December 9, 2013 10:55

Auckland B9!!! See you there!!!smiling smiley

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: December 9, 2013 11:02

zgubi
For Abu Dhabi pre-sale

link

code: dulive

good luck smiling smiley

2,995AED for a fire pit?
It looks like non-VIP, ordinary ticket.

Much more expensive than US/AUS/NZ.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: December 9, 2013 11:27

comes with the territory I guess smiling smiley

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: December 9, 2013 12:00

drbryant
Well, did two Tongue Pit packages for me and my daughter and a decent but definitely not great Cat 1 for my wife, who doesn't want to stand for hours. Daughter is on Spring Holiday, so it's a nice opportunity to do two days in Melbourne and two days im Sydney.

Also figured out that I can pay for all tickets and hotel by flying Economy instead of Business, so that's a given. One thing though is whether Qantas premium economy is worth 50 percent more than regular Economy. From the website, it looks almost like Business class. It's a long flight for us (11 hours) so I'm thinking it might be worth it. Anyone familiar with Qantas International Premium Economy?

Regular Economy on the Qantas A380 is great if you pre select your seats and book in the 2nd (top) level cabin- there is only about 20 or so economy seats in this part of the plane and it is very quiet and comfortable. Get the bulkhead seats for extra leg room!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 9, 2013 13:28

Got front row Adelaide in a VIP package
And Sydney Pit VIP
Then credit card maxed out buying Melbs Pit VIP

Oh well, 2 shows with my boys rocking in may face will be amazing!

Bring on March !

How does pit work, can we pick up tix before show, or is it ID on the day ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 9, 2013 14:20

colonial
I can't be bothered with all the hassles of presale im taking my chances when the tickets go public on the 16th

Its a very expensive stadium show in a sparsely populated country. You'll have no problem getting tickets in a public sale.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 9, 2013 16:11

am I wrong or Macau sales are slow?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 9, 2013 16:49

andrea66
am I wrong or Macau sales are slow?

That doesn't surprise me at all. Macau is a destination for people who want to gamble. Traditionally, Macau was known for hard core gamblers who had little interest in distractions such as food, entertainment or even women. The big companies are trying to turn it into a more entertainment/resort location, and the Stones show is part of that. I, for one am overjoyed because (a) I was as to get a tongue pit ticket for $400, (b) tickets to HK were cheap on those dates, (c) I love to cam leans (d) I don't mind the distractions. Whatever doesn't sell (especially those crazy $2000 VIP packages, will be comps for high rollers.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 9, 2013 17:00

that doesn't surprise me either. it is a terrible location for the stones. in vegas people go to gamble too, but it is in the states, milions of people love r'n'r' there. there are still 3 months to go, anything can happen, but it is the weakest date of the 14 tour

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 9, 2013 17:06

I don't see any slow sales in Macau. Checking out I see that most of the seats are sold. I assume the Venetian will also make a package deal with accommodation.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: December 9, 2013 19:52

There must be some hongkongers who yet have ticket.

I agree that there are not so much western rock lovers in mainland China but in Hongkong. Historically they are very influenced by British. I believe much more than any other asian countries.

I have ever been to some shows includes Oasis, Coldplay and Gorillaz in Hongkong. It was very nice.

I will fly to Macau in the next day of Tokyo final show.cool smiley

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 9, 2013 19:53

Gazza
colonial
I can't be bothered with all the hassles of presale im taking my chances when the tickets go public on the 16th

Its a very expensive stadium show in a sparsely populated country. You'll have no problem getting tickets in a public sale.

Gazza..thumbs up

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: December 9, 2013 23:18

winos
Can someone tell me for the USA arena shows this year were most of the tickets in the $350 to $600 range or are the Stones just fleecing us Aussies?

No, they robbed us too!

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: December 10, 2013 01:56

Grison
I don't see any slow sales in Macau. Checking out I see that most of the seats are sold. I assume the Venetian will also make a package deal with accommodation.

[www.macauticket.com]

Yep, only $880, $3580 and the VVip tickets left if you buy tickets in Macau (check the link). Obviously Hong Kong may have got its own batch of tickets to sell but this show is going to be a sell out no problem. The fact that sales are slower than most shows was absolutly brilliant. It gave me time (and im sure a lot of other people) to think and choose exactly what ticket I wanted without worrying about tickets selling out! I went for the standing ticket because of the prices and how easy it is to get to Macau. Honestly, all of us Stones fans that are coming into Macau for that show are going to have an absolute blast!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 10, 2013 03:55

Well every show in Australia and NZ still has expensive VIP tickets left after a brutally fast presale. It would be interesting to know how many total tickets are in the PIT, how many are allocated presale, and how many of those were VIP, and what the total will be like at the General Sale. Near the end of the presale time period I could still get into the second row at Ron's side, IF i bought at VIP package to Auckland.

So I am waiting. I have a Pit ticket to Sydney on a VIP plan. If by necessity I have to pay package price to get the seat I want for the remaining shows I plan to attend, they will be there next week since they never sold out.

I keep thinking this is all AEG , more than the Stones. That it is their idea to do the bait and switch; advertise up front seats at already high prices that we are used to, but release only a few and offer the even more high priced VIP package. There is a sense of panic that says "do it." In a way you have to admire them for figuring out how to make us pay even more, that is once you find the time to stop hating them so much.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 10, 2013 04:50

kahoosier
Well every show in Australia and NZ still has expensive VIP tickets left after a brutally fast presale. It would be interesting to know how many total tickets are in the PIT, how many are allocated presale, and how many of those were VIP, and what the total will be like at the General Sale. Near the end of the presale time period I could still get into the second row at Ron's side, IF i bought at VIP package to Auckland.

So I am waiting. I have a Pit ticket to Sydney on a VIP plan. If by necessity I have to pay package price to get the seat I want for the remaining shows I plan to attend, they will be there next week since they never sold out.

I keep thinking this is all AEG , more than the Stones. That it is their idea to do the bait and switch; advertise up front seats at already high prices that we are used to, but release only a few and offer the even more high priced VIP package. There is a sense of panic that says "do it." In a way you have to admire them for figuring out how to make us pay even more, that is once you find the time to stop hating them so much.

No you don't, there's nothing admirable about it ! And as a strategy, it probably has very limited success, as people just refuse to cough up the silly money and just wait until prices readjust.

Nah, hating AEG is good, they fully deserve all the hatred one can muster up !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 10, 2013 04:58

I think that's a good strategy. The pit package has great value for those who are willing to go early to secure a spot on the rail. Otherwise, the regulAr tongue pit ticket is just as good for 1/2 the price.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: December 10, 2013 05:23

"I keep thinking this is all AEG, more than the Stones"....ah maybe so but I'm sure it has the Stones blessing!

Effectively what the Stones are doing in many markets is playing 1 show only knowing the demand is there and charging double the normal ticket price so therefore doubling their revenue....very good economics Sir Mick!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 10, 2013 06:16

drbryant
I think that's a good strategy. The pit package has great value for those who are willing to go early to secure a spot on the rail. Otherwise, the regulAr tongue pit ticket is just as good for 1/2 the price.

It's proven time and time again, not only with the Stones but with a lot of other bands too - whose promoters seem to have latched onto this package concept - that if they sail way past any acceptable threshold of reasonableness with respect to the price tag of these packages - they simply do not sell. Then later in the day as showtime approaches, they invariably get dismantled and the seats (in this case the pit is standing, so as you say - a normal ticket at half the price) get fed back into the system at a readjusted price. There will always be a hardcore who want to secure a place on that rail with something approaching a 100 percent guarantee, and for them the exorbitant cost of a dressed up package with a stupid souvenir lanyard or such like thrown in seems entirely reasonable, but given the meagre numbers of these packages available in the first instance, let alone those that ultimately fail to sell - I do think that as a strategy it has very limited success. I also think it is an entirely unnecessary - and to an extent also unfair - mechanism to employ in order to squeeze every last pathetic nickel out of ticket sales, and that it actually causes more harm than good to the overall image of the artist and to the entire business of promoting live music events.

My own experience of buying tickets for the two Hyde park shows in the summer - not only BUYING them but actually TAKING RECEIPT OF THEM TOO - was so traumatic and stressful and so massively demonstrated the incompetence and deceitfulness of the promoter, that quite frankly it left me feeling that I didn't particulary wish to ever go through that kind of nonsense ever again. It also left me wondering how a company whose business (ostensibly) is promoting live music events and selling tickets for them could actually pursue its business exhibiting that particular level of dysfunctionality. If most of us on this board were to exhibit the same in our working lives, I suspect we'd have all been out of work a bloody long time ago.

Regardless, the tongue pit is great, an experience like no other. When you're in it, and with the band in front of you, the remainder of the auditorium and the tens of thousands of people within it - don't even register in your mind. The pit is its own little world - recommended (but not necessarily at silly package prices I hasten to add) ..........

I hope to see it once or twice yet if indeed they do some shows in Europe in the summer of 2014

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 10, 2013 06:50

paulywaul
drbryant

It's proven time and time again, not only with the Stones but with a lot of other bands too - whose promoters seem to have latched onto this package concept - that if they sail way past any acceptable threshold of reasonableness with respect to the price tag of these packages - they simply do not sell. Then later in the day as showtime approaches, they invariably get dismantled and the seats (in this case the pit is standing, so as you say - a normal ticket at half the price) get fed back into the system at a readjusted price. There will always be a hardcore who want to secure a place on that rail with something approaching a 100 percent guarantee, and for them the exorbitant cost of a dressed up package with a stupid souvenir lanyard or such like thrown in seems entirely reasonable, but given the meagre numbers of these packages available in the first instance, let alone those that ultimately fail to sell - I do think that as a strategy it has very limited success. I also think it is an entirely unnecessary - and to an extent also unfair - mechanism to employ in order to squeeze every last pathetic nickel out of ticket sales, and that it actually causes more harm than good to the overall image of the artist and to the entire business of promoting live music events.

My own experience of buying tickets for the two Hyde park shows in the summer - not only BUYING them but actually TAKING RECEIPT OF THEM TOO - was so traumatic and stressful and so massively demonstrated the incompetence and deceitfulness of the promoter, that quite frankly it left me feeling that I didn't particulary wish to ever go through that kind of nonsense ever again. It also left me wondering how a company whose business (ostensibly) is promoting live music events and selling tickets for them could actually pursue its business exhibiting that particular level of dysfunctionality. If most of us on this board were to exhibit the same in our working lives, I suspect we'd have all been out of work a bloody long time ago.

Regardless, the tongue pit is great, an experience like no other. When you're in it, and with the band in front of you, the remainder of the auditorium and the tens of thousands of people within it - don't even register in your mind. The pit is its own little world - recommended (but not necessarily at silly package prices I hasten to add) ..........

I hope to see it once or twice yet if indeed they do some shows in Europe in the summer of 2014

It seems to me - in Perth - (FROM WATCHING AVAILBLE VIDEO) that the tongue pit itself was NOT overly crowded...is that a correct observation?

Rgds n tks
Rod
Perth

(looking to grab a tkt in pit in general sales on Monday)

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 10, 2013 07:13

The Pit shows at the O2 were not painfully crowded. To an extant at those two shows at least many of us in the pit knew a lot of others in there. And though everyone was excited and certainly fired up and energized, there was, for lack of a better word a politeness that did not exist up front at the Hyde Park shows. In the Pit , if you left you knew you did not have to fight your way back. In the Pit, even up front , you did get pushed or shoved or feel threatened, which at Hyde park at times it seemed like a battle. Even with the little group I was with on the Rail at Hyde Park, there was an unpleasant encounter with someone we all know and were happy to see at first, trying to push past the rest of us! If this group is really a force in your life, I urge you to see them at least once from the Pit no matter how you do it. It's like they have dropped an arean stage in, but you are seeing it at an intimate club show.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 10, 2013 08:22

Many tks Kahoosier!

"are the Stones a force in my life?".... I SAT on the edge of the stage for the whole Stones show at the Enmore gig on the Licks tour.....I LOVE 'em!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 10, 2013 08:38

there is quite a limitation of the Tongue Pit and I strongly believe for security reasons as well. However in Philadelphia and in Wahsington it was more crowded. Do not forget it anything would happen the people would have nearly no chance to get out of the tongue as they are very small through walks under the pit.
Regarding the packages: There are only selling like 50 x 2 tickets or so. I remember that in all concerts most of the people waiting in line (Package ones) had front row on the rail. I do not want to talk about the price extravaganza, but you nearly can loosen Mick's, Keith's or Ronnie's shoe laces. And as the stage is quite low you have a very good view. Mind you to appreciate the whole stage a seat on the side close to the tongue walk is also phenomenal. the sound is much better in the back then close to the stage depending on where you are upfront.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home