Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 127
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 and on - dates and more
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2013 21:28

This thread will tell you facts and rumours about The Rolling Stones 2014 World Tour.

Please use these links for easy access to each of the locations the Rolling Stones will be performing at during their "14 on Fire" tour.

OSLO Norway : [www.iorr.org]
LISBON Portugal : [www.iorr.org]
ZURICH Switzerland : [www.iorr.org]
TEL AVIV Israel : [www.iorr.org]
LANDGRAAF The Netherlands : [www.iorr.org]
BERLIN Germany : [www.iorr.org]
PARIS France : [www.iorr.org]
VIENNA Austria : [www.iorr.org]
DUSSELDORF Germany : [www.iorr.org]
ROME Italy : [www.iorr.org]
MADRID Spain : [www.iorr.org]
WERCHTER Belgium : [www.iorr.org]
STOCKHOLM Sweden : [www.iorr.org]
ROSKILDE Denmark : [www.iorr.org]

Lucky Dip shows for Europe at 65 Euros a ticket : [www.iorr.org]

Postponed shows in Australia & New Zealand : [www.iorr.org]

Australia and New Zealand rescheduled shows: [www.iorr.org]

ABU DHABI : [www.iorr.org]
TOKYO : [www.iorr.org]
MACAU : [www.iorr.org]
SHANGHAI : [www.iorr.org]
SINGAPORE : [www.iorr.org]
PERTH : [www.iorr.org]
ADELAIDE : [www.iorr.org]
SYDNEY : [www.iorr.org]
HUNTER VALLEY : [www.iorr.org]
MELBOURNE : [www.iorr.org]
HANGING ROCK : [www.iorr.org]
BRISBANE : [www.iorr.org]
AUCKLAND : [www.iorr.org]

Please note that these links also are found from the city names directly in the 2014 tour dates list "iorr.org/tour14":

[www.iorr.org]

The first officially confirmed show for the Rolling Stones 2014 tour show was announced on Wednesday Nov. 20, 2013 for the 70,000 capacity Adeleide Oval, Adeleide, Australia, to be performed on Saturday March 22, 2014. Then more shows were announced shortly after. The public announcements of the European tour dates started on Wednesday March 12, same day as the Stones performed in Shanghai China. Then they announced shows in Landgraaf Netherlands and Werchter Belgium.

For details about shows and how they were announced please see the IORR 2014 tour dates list:

[www.iorr.org]

The shows as performed in Paris (club shows), London, USA, Canada and Glastonbury UK (festival) during 2012 - 2013 were a great success, with Mick Taylor as guest during every show. Mick Taylor will be there once more for all the shows in 2014 as well.

For the higly popular but now resting IORR thread about 2013-2014 shows see:

Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
[www.iorr.org]

Countdown and Travelogue - The "14 On Fire" tour 2014 (by BV):

[www.iorr.org]

There will be more shows - probably - for Europe and South America - later this year, accourding to rumours. Still, these will probably not be announced until some time early 2014.

For complaints about ticket prices, set list and more please use this thread:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 16 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-17 02:36 by bv.

Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - QUESTION FOR BV
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 21, 2013 22:01

Here's the seating chart for the Adelaide show and unfortunately the HP concept that Mick was bent on according to Rob Hallett from AEG : cheap tickets need to be able to make it to the front seems to have been "forgotten"...in another thread someone said it was because there were no plans for a DVD, who knows but let's hope it won't be the template for the 2014 stadium shows !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-21 23:21 by gotdablouse.

Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: November 21, 2013 22:10

bv
Then there are talks about South America and then Europe for the summer of 2014, if the Far East and Down Under shows do work as expected.

South America in northern hemisphere summer or in November/December?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 21, 2013 22:23

Great news they're continuing on for more people to see. I think I've had my fill so I'm good.

The only thing I would like to see, beyond an expanding role for Taylor, is a new album WITH Taylor.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2013 22:30

Please do NOT waste space here on posting policy and my private person. I will delete such posts, as they are in violation with the IORR policy of privacy and respect. As for secret shows, they are usually secret, last minute announcements. Anyone who read my reports from the Trabendo show would know this.

I do have lots of info about rumours, but I do never post anything until it is carefully checked and double checked from more than one source, usually checked out through several not connected sources.

I will continue updating all parts of IORR with more info as soon as it can be trusted, but I do NOT intend to send anyone to Haparanda or Burkina Faso just because somebody say or think something about certain places!

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-21 22:45 by bv.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 21, 2013 22:36

Great news.

Hope it doesn't clash with my holidays again, getting too old for this jet setting.smileys with beer

Cant see the UK getting the same kind of weather again.hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-21 22:49 by odean73.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: November 21, 2013 22:43

Dear bv,

thanks for that info. Is the venue for Auckland still in talks? Are we speaking about a stadium show (MT Smart) or is Adelaide the only one outdoors?

EDIT: You forgot Auckland on the tour page. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-21 22:52 by Karlos123.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 21, 2013 22:59

Wouldn't mind a North America leg.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 21, 2013 23:41

MingSubu
Wouldn't mind a North America leg.

I'd settle for an arm...or even just a big toe, right smack in the middle of 7th and 8th Avenue. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 21, 2013 23:59

This is great news indeed. Thank you bv!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 22, 2013 00:32

BV have we heard anything about the stage? The article mentioned a catwalk but not a b-stage. Curious if we know anything about it...

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 22, 2013 01:32

Rumour today is that Melbourne will get 2. Outdoor at Hanging Rock and one Rod Laver Arena.

Hope they bring the 50th set down, I want the pit.

Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: November 22, 2013 01:44

bv
they will do a few more shows in Australia, probably Sydney, Melboune, and may be Perth. But don't count on it. Buy your tickets for Adelaide so that they feel safe about selling out all other planned shows!

That's OK for you to say bv. Personally I try and avoid Adelaide if at all possible. There's no way the stones are gonna come all the way down here for one gig in Adelaide. Would be like announcing a US tour with one gig in Omaha

Date: November 22, 2013 02:48

flacnvinyl
BV have we heard anything about the stage? The article mentioned a catwalk but not a b-stage. Curious if we know anything about it...

Well judging by the map above and the blurb in the PR it will be the same setup that worked rather well at HP with the catwalk and a stage extension where Mick went a few times, Lisa once and Keith and Ronnie a couple of times.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 22, 2013 02:59

Bjornulf, Thank you.

Hardly seems enough.

Date: November 22, 2013 03:20

I got A3 row A !

Way too expensive, VIP Diamond package! but that demon life has got me in it's sway.

And no snapper heads watching the show thru their phones in front of me.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 22, 2013 05:06

Deathgod
I got A3 row A !

Way too expensive, VIP Diamond package! but that demon life has got me in it's sway.

It's worth paying almost anything for that.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 22, 2013 05:46

Section A1, Row A, seats 21-22 - $500 a pop - worth every penny! Now to get there from Perth!!

Woo HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: November 22, 2013 06:13

The Auckland show is April 5th

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 22, 2013 09:35

flacnvinyl

[www.adelaidenow.com.au]

"EVERY Rolling Stones tour is billed as larger and more spectacular than the one before,
- its last Australian visit in 2006 was even called A Bigger Bang - but its concert at Adelaide Oval next year will but next year's event will indeed be something special.
It will be the only outdoor stadium show that the band performs in Australia and will feature a massive stage based on the one used for two landmark concerts in London's Hyde Park earlier this year.
Promoter Tony Cochrane said the stage would extend the full width of the oval, with a catwalk-style ramp extending 30m into the audience,
allowing band members to perform in the centre of the crowd.
"It will be tailored around the Hyde Park stage and customised to suit Adelaide Oval,'' Mr Cochrane said.
That should prove a drawcard for interstate audiences, who will get a different show.
Indoor concerts interstate will feature a smaller stage shaped like the Stones' lips logo, where premium ticket buyers get to stand in the "tongue pit''.
The Hyde Park stage included giant trees and video footage of the band's cartoon gorilla mascot GRRRegory,
who featured on the cover of its recent GRRR! album, romping through the foliage.
Like the Hyde Park shows, the Adelaide Oval concert is expected to culminate in a fireworks spectacular.
Because of the size of the stage, audience capacity is likely to be limited to 45,000, which means it won't set attendance records for Adelaide."

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: November 22, 2013 09:48

DREAMTIME
The Auckland show is April 5th

Vector Arena or Mt Smart?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 22, 2013 09:55

Deathgod
I got A3 row A !

Congrats Deathgod, that's THE spot to be in for sure ........ hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 22, 2013 10:09

bv
This thread will tell you facts and rumours about The Rolling Stones 2014 World Tour.

The first officially confirmed show for the Rolling Stones 2014 tour show was announced on Wednesday Nov. 20, 2013 for the 70,000 capacity Adeleide Oval, Adeleide, Australia, to be performed on Saturday March 22, 2014.

The Rolling Stones are confirming they will do one show in Auckland, New Zealand, probably on Saturday, April 5, 2014. Then they will do a few more shows in Australia, probably Sydney, Melboune, and may be Perth. But don't count on it. Buy your tickets for Adelaide so that they feel safe about selling out all other planned shows!

Before they hit Australia they are rumoured to do a few shows in Japan, China and Singapore. Then there are talks about South America and then Europe for the summer of 2014, if the Far East and Down Under shows do work as expected.

The shows as performed in Paris (club shows), London, USA, Canada and Glastonbury UK (festival) during 2012 - 2013 were a great success, with Mick Taylor as guest during every show. Mick Taylor will be there once more for all the shows in 2014 as well.

For the higly popular but now resting IORR thread about 2013-2014 shows see:

Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
[www.iorr.org]

There will be an official IORR 2014 tour dates list soon, linked up here as well as on other parts of IORR. Stay tuned!

Tour 2014 pages - iorr.org/tour14 : [www.iorr.org]

hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 22, 2013 11:16

Well done on the seats guys! Do we know how the numbering works, i.e. does 1 for A1 start at the front left of A1, or right, or at the left of A2? We were pulling our hair last year to figure out the weird numbering at the O2 and it's even worse at Bercy where it's pretty much random...in an apparent effort to confuse the buyer and make him buy seats he might not buy otherwise!

--------------

Date: November 22, 2013 11:28

No idea re numbering, I'm guessing each section will be about 20-25 wide ?

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 22, 2013 11:32

Aquamarine
Deathgod
I got A3 row A !

It's worth paying almost anything for that.

Amen to that...Ty the singer from Vintage Trouble after a couple of songs at their gig at Bush Hall London asked everybody to put their phones away. He said it was great that we all got a couple of photos but now "let's just all be together and have a good time." Respect!

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: November 22, 2013 13:09

I got row H section A3 - pretty happy!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: November 22, 2013 14:02

ozziestone
bv
they will do a few more shows in Australia, probably Sydney, Melboune, and may be Perth. But don't count on it. Buy your tickets for Adelaide so that they feel safe about selling out all other planned shows!

That's OK for you to say bv. Personally I try and avoid Adelaide if at all possible. There's no way the stones are gonna come all the way down here for one gig in Adelaide. Would be like announcing a US tour with one gig in Omaha

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: RG ()
Date: November 22, 2013 15:55

Thank you Rolling Stones for give us (again) what we need!!

This is great.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 22, 2013 17:38

ZIGGODOME AMSTERDAM..................YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEROEN

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1770
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home