Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why Don't They Just Sell Tickets For The Rehearsals?
Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: February 12, 2014 20:29

I'm just saying. The rehearsals are really the dream show to witness. How much do you think they could get per person, per day? How much would you pay? I'm sure there are quite a few folks who would fly to Paris and pay thousands of dollars to sit and watch the rehearsals. I mean, really, why not? What would they care, really?

Re: Why Don't They Just Sell Tickets For The Rehearsals?
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 12, 2014 22:08

Because they don't care about the money

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 12, 2014 22:33

....ain't a hall big enough

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 12, 2014 22:42

They do have their scruples yknow...that's like selling tickets to your grocery shopping

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: February 12, 2014 22:50

Munichhilton
They do have their scruples yknow...that's like selling tickets to your grocery shopping

There definitely should be some kind of rehearsal tour before the actual tour!!!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 12, 2014 22:52

Because they're rehearsals! Tickets are for shows.

They already sell tickets to "rehearsal club shows" for $10. If that ain't a deal, then I don't know what is.

Date: February 12, 2014 22:54

Bungo
I'm just saying. The rehearsals are really the dream show to witness. How much do you think they could get per person, per day? How much would you pay? I'm sure there are quite a few folks who would fly to Paris and pay thousands of dollars to sit and watch the rehearsals. I mean, really, why not? What would they care, really?

You could really hear some obscure songs, at least rarities, maybe even ask them to play some of them...

Many hours of´rehearsals, a lunch brake, meal included in the ticket price, many would pay easily thousands of dollars.

Date: February 12, 2014 22:56

andrewt

They already sell tickets to "rehearsal club shows" for $10. If that ain't a deal, then I don't know what is.

Yes, it's a problem, then they would have to arrange rehearsals for the rehearsals, or pre-rehearsal rehearsals...

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 12, 2014 22:57

Don't give them any ideas,or it just may happen...winking smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 12, 2014 23:02

Because tickets are for public consumption and rehearsals are held in a private space for the purpose of informal practice, etc. Why not just sell tickets to their band meetings as well?

Date: February 12, 2014 23:37

I´d love to get a pit ticket for a board meeting!

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 13, 2014 00:21

Yeah they could do all their rehearsals in one location and make people travel to see them. Do it in some place like, oh I don't know, maybe Las Vegas for a year or two like some performers do. lol

Posted by: Horseswild ()
Date: February 13, 2014 00:31

Bring in the Grandstands like they do for the Oscars and the like ! A special section for the press so they can be separate from the "True" fans !!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: February 13, 2014 15:24

no they cant do that it would be like going to OZ and the wizard letting you look behind the curtain . it's just not gonna happen .then we would find out to many secrets .mj would never go for that .!!!!!!!

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: February 13, 2014 16:36

I am not usually a fan of money digging, but I love that thing that Paul McCartney did recently on tour -- pay extra for the luxury package and you get dinner and a SOUND CHECK! That's just brilliant.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 13, 2014 20:56

DandelionPowderman
I´d love to get a pit ticket for a board meeting!

700+ on eBay...and no coffee included

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 13, 2014 21:00

I think this is a great idea......but why a ticket...just for free.......and we will give a free comment on their choices and quality grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-13 21:30 by NICOS.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 13, 2014 21:12

Turning To Gold
I am not usually a fan of money digging, but I love that thing that Paul McCartney did recently on tour -- pay extra for the luxury package and you get dinner and a SOUND CHECK! That's just brilliant.

That would be nice!!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 13, 2014 21:30

That would be a dream come true for me.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 13, 2014 22:07

Within minutes of the rehearsal ending, some git would be moaning on here about the wrong songs/guitars or how the 1969 rehearsals were better. Being a mean old man, I'd sell rehearsal tickets and you'd arrive to find that it was just Chuck, Charlie and the janitor ;-) A selection of poor quality overpriced t-shirts would be available for sale in the toilets.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: February 13, 2014 22:18

I've always maintained that if I had a ridiculous amount of money I would book for them for a private show and double their fee to choose their setlist. It would be my own rehearsal.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: February 13, 2014 22:45

Lucky enough to see the rehearsals the day before the show at the Wiltern. God bless JC!

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 14, 2014 01:08

rollingon
andrewt

Yes, it's a problem, then they would have to arrange rehearsals for the rehearsals, or pre-rehearsal rehearsals...

Why would that be a problem? Just sell tickets for the rehearsals for the rehearsals!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 14, 2014 01:21

What would the price be? And who would pay that price? For what reason?

Bjornulf

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 14, 2014 02:45

Well they really should include it with the price of the VIP packages! They are so bloody expensive and you get a souvenir? McCartney has for years and his sound checks are notorious for being stand alone shows packed with rarities and interesting moments. The Stones could totally do this! Would be a gas!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: February 14, 2014 03:33

Bungo

Because they don't want their fans seeing them picking their noses and scratching their balls

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 14, 2014 05:00

NICOS
I think this is a great idea......but why a ticket...just for free.......and we will give a free comment on their choices and quality grinning smiley

Aren't we already commenting about this except from the outside and through sometimes unsubstantiated reports?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 14, 2014 06:00

Munichhilton

Isn't that kinda sorta what Costco does?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home