Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 30 of 34
Re: Rolling Stones Paris Rehearsals February 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 16, 2014 12:35

Happyparis and JJF59 thank you for the inside report.
It reminds me that I saw Brian Molko and Patti Smith during a VIP birthday party once in Paris. They played 1 meter from me. I bet many fans would have pay a lot for seeing that.
I think the Stones needed an audience after 2 weeks of empty room ...
and they gave a very unique gift to you.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: February 16, 2014 12:46

Cancelled

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-16 12:49 by Jumpinjackflash59.

Date: February 16, 2014 12:48

Ronnie yesterday

Date: February 16, 2014 12:48

rollingon
Thank you very much for your wonderful reviews,

you were very lucky people indeed!!!

How about interaction between Mick and Keith, any comment on that?

Nothing to say about that. Keith was very concentrated, with big smiles and interaction with us. Mick of course "did the show" as usual, Ronnie too in his own way. But nothing special that could be noticed. Just two guys doing their job, and doing it especially well. I remember some shows when good vibes or bad vibes between Mick and Keith were obvious. Not this time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-16 13:03 by Jumpinjackflash59.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: February 16, 2014 12:52

thanks for all the reports

sorry if it has been posted been, a little vid from le Parisien
[videos.leparisien.fr]

4 fans talk about the smallest concert in the Stones history

Date: February 16, 2014 13:03

Yes, also thank you from me for your reports, Jumpinjackflash59, happyparis and olivier33. Now we are only missing the other 24 reviews from the rest of the club of the lucky 27. Come on, give us something more to fire our imagination! grinning smiley

It makes me very happy to read, that two people thought, Keith's solo on Sympathy was very good. He played good and several bad ones during 2012 and 2013. Meanwhile I think, it's mostly a matter of him being focussed on this solo and being in the right mood, not an issue of him being unable to do it well, because he forgot how to play. Plus maybe how his fingers feel, which might change from day to day? I hope he can keep his focus during the tour.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: February 16, 2014 13:14

StrawberriesBlueberries
Yes, also thank you from me for your reports, Jumpinjackflash59, happyparis and olivier33. Now we are only missing the other 24 reviews from the rest of the club of the lucky 27. Come on, give us something more to fire our imagination! grinning smiley

It makes me very happy to read, that two people thought, Keith's solo on Sympathy was very good. He played good and several bad ones during 2012 and 2013. Meanwhile I think, it's mostly a matter of him being focussed on this solo and being in the right mood, not an issue of him being unable to do it well, because he forgot how to play. Plus maybe how his fingers feel, which might change from day to day? I hope he can keep his focus during the tour.

Yes, I agree, that if Keith is in the right mood and he only focuses, he can play that solo really well and the same goes for other Keith's playing as well. Sometimes I get the feeling like he is not very interested in playing solos at all, like if he thinks that he doesn't want to be that kind of a player or something like that...

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: February 16, 2014 13:17

Jumpinjackflash59
rollingon
Thank you very much for your wonderful reviews,

you were very lucky people indeed!!!

How about interaction between Mick and Keith, any comment on that?

Nothing to say about that. Keith was very concentrated, with big smiles and interaction with us. Mick of course "did the show" as usual, Ronnie too in his own way. But nothing special that could be noticed. Just two guys doing their job, and doing it especially well. I remember some shows when good vibes or bad vibes between Mick and Keith were obvious. Not this time.

Ok, It's nice to hear this, everything seems to be fine and they are pros of course and Keith hasn't said anything negative about Mick in a quite long time as far as I know which is very nice.

Date: February 16, 2014 13:58

djgab

[videos.leparisien.fr]

What do they say? Can somebody translate/summarize? I only understand a few numbers, something was brilliant, something about a balcony and hardly anything else. Maybe nothing new in there, but I would like to know.

Date: February 16, 2014 14:33

1st one says he has been there for 3 days and is waiting for the private show with n°4 on hand. later is very happy and says they announced 4 or 5 songs but played 11 or 12 (confused in its memory) and he could have stayed there 3 weeks more to attend such a thing.
Last one says that Mick is not 70 but 15 and give us the illusion of eternity (a nice word by the way);

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: February 16, 2014 14:42

The third guy says : MJ is not 70 but 15 may be 17.
The Stones give us the dream of the eternal youth.

The first guy is interviewed before the show explaining that he took a lot of his holidays to be there everyday.
Then after the show, he explains it was not just a rehearsals but a real warm show during one hour and 11-12 songs.

The youngest one is too moved saying just "it was too great", i was 10 meters from the Stones.

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: February 16, 2014 14:55

StrawberriesBlueberries
djgab

[videos.leparisien.fr]

What do they say? Can somebody translate/summarize? I only understand a few numbers, something was brilliant, something about a balcony and hardly anything else. Maybe nothing new in there, but I would like to know.

I tried to translate - sorry about the mistakes, my mother language is German:

"I'm coming to assist to the rehearsals of the Stones since 2 weeks. I listen from outside, like many people here, I took some afternoons off to be sure to be here and to be sure to assist to most of the rehearsels, I missed some ones but most of theme I could hear from the outside. The occasion would accelerate perhaps, with the little number on my hand, number 4, will perhaps allow me to assist to the smallest concert from the Rolling Stones ever.

With the little number 4 we had the autorization to enter in the middle of Doom and Gloom, they just started, they announced 4 – 5 songs, but the played 12 songs, 11 – 12 songs, I am confused right now, it was really the smallest concert of the Rolling Stones since they started. It was absolutely brilliant, they were brilliant, they are all in a excellent form, very pleased to see us. We could discus with them, we could give them our messages, they said thank you to us for staying 14 days here, but I could have been coming for another three weeks, only for this moment; I would have given all my holiday to participate here.

We were on a balcony, 10 meters away from the Stones, ambiance wow!, they welcomed us, the guys are really nice, they were really approchable, they mad us glad, at the beginning we thought they are going to play 3 – 4 songs, it took one hour, that was amazing – really I can't believe it.

I still have another information: Mick Jagger isn't 70 years old, he is fifteen, at most seventeen years old…and otherwise it wasn't a rehearsal, it was a real show, they are at their best, they are eternal and they also give to us the illusion of eternity and of the eternal youth and this is fabulous."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-16 14:55 by gipsy12.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: February 16, 2014 14:58

If I remember well, a fan quickly said as he went out the studio that he could have a little tchat with the band.
The other saids what they're happy and the last one said that Mick looks like 17 not 70 smiling smiley
I'll try to listen again

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 16, 2014 15:22

StrawberriesBlueberries
djgab

[videos.leparisien.fr]

The 2nd one said he shouted to the band "Hey, doesn't anyone speak French?"....
Mick responded with "Yes, Sacha Distel".......................

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: February 16, 2014 15:40

mighty stork
bv
I did not make it for the rehearsals unfortunately. I have been in Paris for 3 weeks, arriving to Paris one week before they started rehearsals, but on Friday I was on the plane back home to Norway while they gave out numbers to the lucky 27. If I had stayed I would have been number 5 or so like I used to be every day.

But no regrets. I wanted to be back home for three small days before I go on the entire tour for nearly two months now. Back home to my wife and family. The toughest part of following the Stones as much as I do is missing the family.

I am so happy for all the good friends I met in Paris who made it into the rehersals performance, but I am also sad for those who spent every day with me there, but just came 5 minutes or so too late on the last day.

I have so many great memories from the rehearsals. Some are posted here in this thread, some are published in this new complete list of reherased songs:

The Paris Rehearsals Feb 2014 : [www.iorr.org]

I will make the rest of my comments in my countdown thread:

Countdown to The Rolling Stones 2014 Tour start : [www.iorr.org]

You must have an awesome wife because mine looks at me like I'm crazy to go to more than 1 show. In many ways I envy you so much.

That's what I was thinking.

Thanks for the reports.

Posted by: happyparis ()
Date: February 16, 2014 16:31

I am number four winking smiley

U got my review already. This video is nothing really winking smiley !

I forgot to say something though.

During sleeping away. When the break came and when all three guitars were crossing line, not only i was levitating at this time, but all the people présent that day gave a round of applause for that in the middle of the song. !!

GOOOD VIBE!!

I can't think about anything else since that day happened.

Date: February 16, 2014 16:33

Thanks to you all for summarizing and translating. The bit about Sacha Distel is funny!

gipsy12

I tried to translate - sorry about the mistakes, my mother language is German:

Haha, then you could have had it easier by just translating into German for me!winking smiley But now others can understand it as well.

Posted by: happyparis ()
Date: February 16, 2014 16:53

I am so sorry!

slipping away! !!!

I was sleeping lol!

sorry for that

Date: February 16, 2014 17:13

happyparis
I am so sorry!

slipping away! !!!

I was sleeping lol!

sorry for that

As long as Keith wasn't sleeping away his performance, everything is alright. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 16, 2014 18:00

Mick arriving at Friday's rehearsal.

Le Parisien/Arnaud Journois

Many thanks to all that shared reports and photos, especially those who made it inside Planet Live. Well done!

Dominique, one of the lucky 27, shares his experience with RTL:
[www.rtl.fr]

Google Translate - [goo.gl]

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 16, 2014 19:07

I'm just catching up on this thread after a couple of days. Wow. What a great treat for those who made it in and fantastic reports. I can feel the excitement from 5000 miles away. Fun stuff.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: February 16, 2014 19:41

The Warm Up Gig

Photo by Bernard Fowler

Posted by: steini ()
Date: February 16, 2014 19:51

What a treat this show must have been.Thanks everyone for sharing review with us and keeping the Stones spirit up.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: February 16, 2014 21:05

It was a crazy experience...really...even stronger than first time at the same place.

My english is poor, JJF59, Happy are my friends, they told you everything better than i could do.

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-07 21:08 by AntoineParis.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 16, 2014 21:39

HOW WONDERFUL. Thanks to everyone for the great reports. And how great for all of you where inside.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: February 17, 2014 00:14

Thanks for the great review, JJF59, I'm so happy for all of you that got to have this very special experience! This was a truly terrific treat for a lucky few people but you guys deserved every minute of it.

Now on with the show!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 17, 2014 01:30

latvianexile, thanks for the shot of the audience from Bernard!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 17, 2014 01:50

Wish I could read woodys song boards in Bernard's photo!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 17, 2014 01:53

Yes thanks, that balcony photo really shows what it must have been like to have been there. Being that close and having a personal Stones concert...I imagine it must still feel surreal.

I hope everyone who stood outside for days in the cold and wet is getting some well deserved rest now. smiling smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 17, 2014 03:44

latebloomer
Yes thanks, that balcony photo really shows what it must have been like to have been there. Being that close and having a personal Stones concert...I imagine it must still feel surreal.

I hope everyone who stood outside for days in the cold and wet is getting some well deserved rest now. smiling smiley

Huh.....They're probably all off to the Far east for a jaunt round the ring of fire.............lucky bastards..........angry smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-17 03:44 by EddieByword.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 30 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1509
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home