Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 34
Re: Rolling Stones Paris Rehearsals February 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 13, 2014 22:05

marclaff
I tried to phone to my friend Mickjerome who is in Bondy.
His cell phone is closed.
May be some happy few are inside the rehearsals?

Irix
Maybe he wants not to be disturbed to follow the rehearsed songs, maybe the battery of the cell phone is empty .... or any other reason.

Quote from [rockerparis.blogspot.fr]:

"Even someone working at the studio told the fans outside that there was no way that the Stones will let fans in like they did last year as there were too many people !!!"

I wouldn't be surprised about the fans being invited to see the rehearsals today (or maybe tomorrow). If I'm not mistaken, yesterday at this time there were some reports from the people who were at the studio, so the lack of reports (so far) about today's rehearsal made me think about it. If this happens (the fans being invited to see the rehearsal), this thread will be the more exciting thread we've had in months. smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 13, 2014 22:07

Nobody went in tonight and the mood of the rehearsals was very relax : it seems like they indulged in some rarities just for the fun of it (like "Everybody Needs Somebody" ).
So I guess it was their last day in Paris. Depending on the weather (which was atrocious these last few days) I might drop by tomorrow but imho ite missa est.

It was good fun, the music was great, people were nice and it was a real pleasure to hang around with Bjornulf day after day! thumbs up thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-13 22:09 by dcba.

Date: February 13, 2014 22:12

dcba
Nobody went in tonight and the mood of the rehearsals was very relax : it seems like they indulged in some rarities just for the fun of it (like "Everybody Needs Somebody" ).
So I guess it was their last day in Paris. Depending on the weather (which was atrocious these last few days) I might drop by tomorrow but imho ite missa est.

It was good fun, the music was great, people were nice and it was a real pleasure to hang around with Bjornulf day after day! thumbs up thumbs up

Great! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-13 22:13 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 13, 2014 22:25

Just done a quick sketch of Bobby Keys & Mick Taylor in rehearsals #stonesonfire

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Rsylvain ()
Date: February 13, 2014 22:27

rehearsals tomorrow in your opinion?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 13, 2014 22:32

Right after the last car exited the space the Stones roadies opened the trunk of an ancient English lorry and started to pile gear in it.
So I don't know... I really don't know.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 13, 2014 22:41

dcba
Right after the last car exited the space the Stones roadies opened the trunk of an ancient English lorry and started to pile gear in it.

[www.itele.fr]

They are leaving for Qatar tomorrow, according French tv

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: February 13, 2014 22:49

Now they've got Taylor back they should play their 2010 HIT SINGLE

Plundered My Soul

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 13, 2014 23:10

Lien

They are leaving for Qatar tomorrow, according French tv

Maybe a concert like the Mogador, but for rich Sheiks in Doha/Qatar?

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: February 13, 2014 23:16

dcba

That must be Ians's lorry smiling smiley

Date: February 13, 2014 23:41

Deluxtone
Now they've got Taylor back they should play their 2010 HIT SINGLE

Plundered My Soul

I second that! smileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 13, 2014 23:54

Each day seems to be worse weather wise! Well I suppose it rained less today but my fingertips were numb in spite of my double glove setup so it must have been colder...

Highlights of the day were "That's How Strong My Love Is" and "Memory Motel"...and as a side note Matt Clifford video taped the fans from the front seat of the van with the backup musicians as it left. I think he heard us shout his name as he was all smiles ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 13, 2014 23:58

So what's the full list of songs rehearsed

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 14, 2014 00:09

[rockerparis.blogspot.fr] is now updated.

Date: February 14, 2014 00:09

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: February 14, 2014 00:14

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 14, 2014 00:21

Waiting on a friend smiling bouncing smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 14, 2014 01:15

"Heartbreaker" and "Till The Next Goodbye" with Mick Taylor was not bad for a particularily rainy and cold day. Far Away Eyes, Ain't Too Proud To Beg, That's How Strong My Love Is, Beast Of Burden, Everybody Need Somebody To Love, Memory Motel, Wild Horses.

We were so many tonight. More than 60, not counting those who were seeking shelter from the bad weather in their cars. No chance for any close visit inside with two busloads of fans outside, and all of the traffic, socializing and activity made it hard to figure out what they really played.

All in all a great collection of songs they do not play that often, but I hope they will play them a lot more during the tour!

Bjornulf

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 14, 2014 01:34

Thanks for all the posts from the cold wet team in Paris.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: February 14, 2014 02:02

SETLIST for today has been corrected
sorry for all the mess

http://rockerparis.blogspot.fr/2014/02/rolling-stones-rehearsals-in-paris-day_13.html

take care

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 14, 2014 02:22

Fantastic job by everyone at RockerParis. Many thanks for braving the weather and keeping us updated.

A bit bewildered by the TV report saying they were going to Doha. Is that the 'small gig for the fans' everyone was hoping for? confused smiley

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 14, 2014 04:06

Wow. Stupefied they did Till the Next Time! Amazing.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 14, 2014 05:16

Rehearsals 2/13/2014 = Day 9

01. Slipping Away (2x)
02. Bitch
03. Heartbreaker
04. Just My Imagination
05. Rocks Off
06. Out Of Control (2x)
07. Angie
08. Waiting On A Friend
09. Brown Sugar (with 3 false starts)
10. SFTD

BREAK

11. Sweet Virginia
12. Emotional Rescue
13. Till The Next Goodbye
14. Far Away Eyes
15. Ain't Too Proud To Beg
16. That's How Strong My Love Is
17. Beast Of Burden
18. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
19. Memory Motel
20. Wild Horses

Many thanks to rockerparis.blogspot.fr

Date: February 14, 2014 07:42

Gazza
Fantastic job by everyone at RockerParis. Many thanks for braving the weather and keeping us updated.

A bit bewildered by the TV report saying they were going to Doha. Is that the 'small gig for the fans' everyone was hoping for? confused smiley

That is not gonna happen, I think.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 14, 2014 07:58

It would be really cool if they all of sudden pulled out some these lessor played songs, which they are practicing, during the upcoming shows.

I wonder what Mick thinks about how well they played the rarely played songs? I wonder, does he approve and smile to himself, like a proud father?

I wonder if Mick and Keith ever kick back for a moment and smell the roses and think to themselves... "Wow, we really have made a LOT of great songs".

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: February 14, 2014 09:09

again thanks to all of you guys who reported rehearsals days. you made me feel the vibe ... thanks
m.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 14, 2014 09:44

My impression is that the rehearsal-list this time contains more ballads and slower songs than before previous tours.

Date: February 14, 2014 10:10

bv
"Heartbreaker" and "Till The Next Goodbye" with Mick Taylor was not bad for a particularily rainy and cold day. Far Away Eyes, Ain't Too Proud To Beg, That's How Strong My Love Is, Beast Of Burden, Everybody Need Somebody To Love, Memory Motel, Wild Horses.

We were so many tonight. More than 60, not counting those who were seeking shelter from the bad weather in their cars. No chance for any close visit inside with two busloads of fans outside, and all of the traffic, socializing and activity made it hard to figure out what they really played.

All in all a great collection of songs they do not play that often, but I hope they will play them a lot more during the tour!

Do you really hear that well - that you can tell Taylor's acoustic playing from Ronnie's, Keith's and Mick's from the outside?

You are a lucky (as well persistant and dedicated) bunch thumbs up

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 14, 2014 10:27

Max'sKansasCity
It would be really cool if they all of sudden pulled out some these lessor played songs, which they are practicing, during the upcoming shows.

I wonder what Mick thinks about how well they played the rarely played songs? I wonder, does he approve and smile to himself, like a proud father?

I wonder if Mick and Keith ever kick back for a moment and smell the roses and think to themselves... "Wow, we really have made a LOT of great songs".[/quote
]

hot smileyJeroen

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 14, 2014 11:13

Can you hear Mick Taylor in fact playing? I mean how can you hear Mick Taylor on guitar when you are outside the rehearsals site while it is raining, there are trucks, trains and other fans talking a lot. I get this question all the time, so I have to explain.

When I was in Burbank for the Los Angeles rehearsals last year in April, it was hard to hear what they played. But then they did "Can't You Hear Me Knocking", and from the moment Mick Taylor was playing his part I knew for sure he was there and playing.

Same in Paris when Mick Taylor arrived Friday one week ago. You can easily hear his unique style and playing. Nobody would copy that style. Theoreticallly yes but that would be a copycat and neither Ronnie nor Keith are copycats.

I will publish my detailed notes from rehearsal soon.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home