Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 34
Re: Rolling Stones Paris Rehearsals February 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 11, 2014 22:45

runaway
Merci Rockerparis

Till The Next Goodbye Live thumbs up

hot smileysmileys with beerthumbs upJeroen

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 11, 2014 22:49

corriecas
runaway
Merci Rockerparis

Till The Next Goodbye Live thumbs up

hot smileysmileys with beerthumbs upJeroen

In Holland

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: February 11, 2014 22:53

It's a treat for anyone in attendance, but I'm hoping they don't tie MT down w/Midnight Rambler again, unless it's part of a larger role for him anyway. It's two or three other songs worth of time. He's passed the audition on that one.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 11, 2014 22:58

They rehearsed Till the Next Goodbye?

Posted by: chemicalreaction ()
Date: February 11, 2014 23:00

MingSubu
They rehearsed Till the Next Goodbye?

Yes Baby!!!! Yeah!!!

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: February 11, 2014 23:02

StonesCat
It's a treat for anyone in attendance, but I'm hoping they don't tie MT down w/Midnight Rambler again, unless it's part of a larger role for him anyway. It's two or three other songs worth of time. He's passed the audition on that one.

thumbs up

I even like more the 2006 ABB tour version of Midnight Rambler (in Rio for example), still I'm a huge Mick Taylor fan otherwise so it was a kind of disappointment for me to see him always playing that Midnight Rambler, it wasn't bad but I really was hoping to see him play other songs and of course he did that too a little bit.

Posted by: chemicalreaction ()
Date: February 11, 2014 23:09

rollingon
StonesCat

thumbs up

I even like more the 2006 ABB tour version of Midnight Rambler (in Rio for example), still I'm a huge Mick Taylor fan otherwise so it was a kind of disappointment for me to see him always playing that Midnight Rambler, it wasn't bad but I really was hoping to see him play other songs and of course he did that too a little bit.

Thats also my opinion! The Midnight Rambler versions at ABB Tour sounded better!

Keith and Ronnie were very well rehearsed together.

the version was also harder and more rock.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 11, 2014 23:29

What a miserable day it was out there today but at least I got to shake hands with Ronnie again as they were leaving, hehe, dude's cool ;-)

"Till the Next Goodbye" really came out of the blue, volume was low and we couldn't hear much apart from the drum...a couple of us spotted the bridge and the "can you" and it sounded somewhat GHSoupish then a third one said "that's in TTNG"...so I pulled out my i.Phone to listen to it and sure enough that was it. They played it a second time and even knowing what song it was, we still struggled to make out the parts somehow. Certainly a nice treat to start the day!

Another one was "She Was Hot" that we first took for "Respectable"...actually that's where you see that a lot of their songs are quite similar in their basic structure and really differ by their melodies/lyrics/arrangement. Not that surprising really. In fact each they come up with new material I have to wonder how they do it after writing hundreds of songs.

So yes Matt Clifford was there, no choir to direct or horn to play so maybe he was working on some arrangements as it's unlikely he's being brought back to play keyboards ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-11 23:29 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: February 11, 2014 23:34

2x for LIV again today. Seems they are really trying to work this one out. Please give this to me! Let Taylor soar!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 11, 2014 23:44

First they started off so quiet we could not hear anything. Rain is adding noise to traffic so it was hard to hear. It was a slow song with Mick (& Keith backup) on vocals, and it turned out it was two takes of...

- Till The Next Goodbye - from the IORR album - How great!

Anyway, they put a tweet on it by the time we had figured it out...

[twitter.com]

More people coming for the rehearsals, including three French press camera teams, which means added security and paparazzi style climbing the rails with cameras. I feel embarrised because after all The Rolling Stones are in Paris for some privale rehearsals. The press should leave them alone.

THE COMPLETE LIST FROM TODAY'S REHEARSALS:

- Till The Next Goodbye 2x (w/ Mick Taylor)
- Paint It Black
- Shattered
- Honky Tonk Women
- Emotional Rescue
- Beast Of Burden
- Get Off Of My Cloud
- If You Can't Rock Me
- Some Girls
- Love In Vain 2x (w/ Mick Taylor)
- She Was Hot
- Midnight Rambler (w/ Mick Taylor)
- Live With Me
- When The Whip Comes Down
- Streets Of Love
- Fool To Cry

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-11 23:49 by bv.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 11, 2014 23:56

Yep it was strange to see the cameras today but they didn't get in the way too much in the end I thought.

Oh, about "Till The Next Goodbye", they tweeted at 5.10PM and I posted at 5.03PM meaning we'd figured it out before so IORR beat them to the punch ;-)

Given the lo-fi and sometimes distant sound it's always hard to know what Mick Taylor (or anyone else for that matter) plays on so I suppose the tracks you mention are those where he (his solos) could be heard for sure?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 11, 2014 23:57

Shattered and If You Can't Rock Me, ooh! Would love to hear those.

Thanks for the report from the rainy streets of Paris!

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: February 11, 2014 23:59

Thanks bv,

I think they will play some great songs the upcoming Tour

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-12 00:07 by runaway.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: February 12, 2014 00:23

We could have heard If You Can't Rock Me already the last tour if you fans not had voted for Sway three times or something.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: February 12, 2014 00:40

I think that in new places like Abu Dhabi,Macau etc. they'll play only warhorses 'cause people will be there for it...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 12, 2014 00:57

Lisa and Bernard today.

Rehearsals with my girl @lisafischersing #14onfire

[twitter.com]

Rehearsals are going well. Love you Bernard! No one sings like YOU sweet one!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 12, 2014 01:42

TheBlockbuster
We could have heard If You Can't Rock Me already the last tour if you fans not had voted for Sway three times or something.

That's if we believe that the "fan vote" winner thing is legit. winking smiley (What a cynic I am.)

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 12, 2014 03:10

bv
THE COMPLETE LIST FROM TODAY'S REHEARSALS:

- Till The Next Goodbye 2x (w/ Mick Taylor)
- Paint It Black
- Shattered
- Honky Tonk Women
- Emotional Rescue
- Beast Of Burden
- Get Off Of My Cloud
- If You Can't Rock Me
- Some Girls
- Love In Vain 2x (w/ Mick Taylor)
- She Was Hot
- Midnight Rambler (w/ Mick Taylor)
- Live With Me
- When The Whip Comes Down
- Streets Of Love
- Fool To Cry

This in itself is a fantastic setlist. While more songs would certainly be better, I could leave this show totally satisfied.

It is coming slowly but I think they are starting to get it.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 12, 2014 03:25

looks like their having fun at rehearsals..

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 12, 2014 03:28

After all is said and done ,it will be a warhorses extravanza,with maybe a couple of rarities thrown in,don't get your hopes up,they always rehearse a lot of old numbers,but coming concert time,they play it safe with the "hits"....>grinning smiley<

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: February 12, 2014 03:49

ROPENI
After all is said and done ,it will be a warhorses extravanza,with maybe a couple of rarities thrown in,don't get your hopes up,they always rehearse a lot of old numbers,but coming concert time,they play it safe with the "hits"....>grinning smiley<

I know, but it is fun to fantasize.

Date: February 12, 2014 03:52

bv
More people coming for the rehearsals, including three French press camera teams, which means added security and paparazzi style climbing the rails with cameras. I feel embarrassed because after all The Rolling Stones are in Paris for some private rehearsals. The press should leave them alone.

I guess the secret is out now.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: February 12, 2014 03:56

frenki09
goingmad
The list of songs rehearsed so far:

Covers:
1 Bo Diddley
2 Route 66

Singles 60's:
3 It's all over now
4 Get off of my cloud
5 The last time
6 Paint it black
7 Let's Spend The Night Together
8 Ruby Tuesday
9 Honky tonk women

Beggars Banquet:
10 Street fitghting man
11 Simpathy fot the devil

Let it bleed:
12 Live with me
13 Let it bleed
14 Midnight rambler
15 Love In Vain

Sticky fingers:
16 Bitch
17 Can't You Hear Me Knocking
18 Dead flowers
19 Sway
20 Wild horses
21 Moonlight mile

Exile on main street:
22 All down the line
23 Rocks off
24 Shine a light
25 Tumbling dice
26 Loving cup
27 Ventilator blues

Goat's head soup:
28 Angie
29 Silver train
30 Heartbreaker

Iorr:
31 Iorr
32 Ain't too proud to beg
33 If you can't rock me

Black & Blue:
34 Memory motel
35 Fool To Cry

Some girls:
36 Just my imagination
37 Respectable
38 Beast of burden
39 When the whip comes down
40 Miss you
41 Shattered
42 Far Away eyes
43 Some girls

Emotional rescue:
44 She's so cold
45 Emotional rescue

Tattoo you:
46 Worried about you
47 Start me up
48 Waiting on a friend

Undercover:
49 She was hot

Steel wheels:
50 Slipping Away

Voodoo lounge:
51 You got me rocking

Bridges to babylon:
52 Out of control

A bigger bang:
53 Streets of love

Grrr:
54 Doom & Gloom

Hmmm... It's interesting to see that they have not rehearsed Satisfaction and Jumpin' Jack Flash... Gimme Shelter? (Waiting for Lisa?)

And I have to say that with the album titles added to the list, and thinking about all the great songs they have recorded, but rarely played live, I really wish they would be a little -- just a little -- more adventurous. Hand of Fate, Crazy Mama, Hot Stuff? Slave? (Jam songs like Can't You Hear Me Knocking are the true highlight for fans and the band alike.) Time Waits For No One? Till The Next Goodbye? [A fitting way to say goodbye to Asia, Australia -- Wikipedia: "An overlooked song from the Stones canon of work, Till the Next Goodbye has never been performed live by the Stones and is not included on any compilation albums."] Cook Cook Blues (with Taylor -- I want more blues)? No Expectations (with Taylor who said that's his favorite Stones song)? Child Of The Moon? Dance Little Sister? Sad Sad Sad? (It sounds soooo good on the 1990 Wembley bootleg, and it truly rocks pulling you in.) Please Go Home (as the encore -- could be a crowed pleaser and an easy song to play)? Had It With You? Time Is On My Side? 2000 Men? More hot stuff from the 60's? And I could go on.

I know this is mainly up to Jagger... and he doesn't like taking risks. So it will be Tumbling Dice and Miss You again (which are great songs, but...).

I know wish lists are on everybody's minds, and I have no intention to start another one. But I know they are capable of playing songs that they don't usually do. Rocks Off or All Down The Line are good ones, but we heard them before. The Some Girls material are not rare at all. Worried About You? Nice, but we heard it a few times, and we will not go mad about hearing it again. Let It Bleed? We got that one a lot if you think about it.

This time they are playing smaller venues, and tickets are more expensive, so it's very likely that the audience will consist of more hard-core fans who would appreciate the odd songs.

I always wondered why they are not digging deeper into their archives. They could easily do it. Even The Who (who don't change set lists a lot) would do the complete Tommy or Quadrophenia, meaning that in the end they do a lot more songs...

I know that they would need to seriously rehearse the rarely played or never-before-played songs, but they got all the time in the world, don't they? And this is what they do for a living. They are lucky they don't have to check in every morning at 9 am and work at least 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I know they are old, but hey! I know some old people who are in worst shape than Jagger and they still work 5 days a week, cos they need money to survive, to buy food. So how about the Stones work a little harder? For you and I...

Moonlight Mile will be great! And I am happy for Slipping Away. Love In Vain with Taylor? Hell, yeah! She Was Hot would be "cool" if they've done it. And they have to do Can't You Hear Me Knocking. They will not do Bo Diddley or Route 66, unfortunately...

The reason why I want the Winos back on the road is because I know they would surprise me night after night. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Stones again, and I know I will have a great time, but (and there is always a but) I no longer have high expectations.

I'd like to believe that they read this forum... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted before they started rehearsing it: Till The Next Goodbye? [A fitting way to say goodbye to Asia, Australia -- Wikipedia: "An overlooked song from the Stones canon of work, Till the Next Goodbye has never been performed live by the Stones and is not included on any compilation albums."]

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: February 12, 2014 04:24

Till the next goodbye.... My God!!! Hope they put a Nicky Hopkins' picture on the screen, this tracks is pure beauty and this goes 70% to Nicky!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: erad ()
Date: February 12, 2014 05:17

Infamy would be a cool track to hear live again, love the version on the Toronto 2005 official boot.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: February 12, 2014 05:49

dandelion1967
Till the next goodbye.... My God!!! Hope they put a Nicky Hopkins' picture on the screen, this tracks is pure beauty and this goes 70% to Nicky!!

I really think this is such an underappreciated track in the Stones canon. In retrospect fans and critics were too hard on the Stone's mid-70s output IMHO.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: February 12, 2014 06:16

Rehearsal setlists are just incredible! If most of that gets done on this leg of the tour I will be looking forward to the recordings and have some sort of hope that they may eventually visit my neck of the woods in the next year or so, after Europe. I'll start saving up.

Date: February 12, 2014 07:21

I think that this represents what they really want to play. >>>> This round of rehearsals and other rehearsal sessions as well.

It irritates me when the set list "Apologists" claim that the following (as an example) is "what they WANT to play" :

Jumping Jack Flash
It's Only Rock'n Roll
You Got Me Rocking
Oh No Not You Again
Tumbling Dice
Angie
Rain Fall Down
Midnight Rambler
Gimme Shelter
--- Introductions
This Place Is Empty (Keith)
Happy (Keith)
Miss You (to B-stage)
Rough Justice
Get Off Of My Cloud
Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
Satisfaction (encore)

There is a stretch of 5 somewhat interesting selections near the middle of the set,in this example,and the rest is catered to people who could not be bothered to familiarize themselves with a Stones' non-compilation studio album. Anyway,I don't believe that it is what the Stones WANT to play,just what they believe that they should play in given situations.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: February 12, 2014 07:27

I wonder if it ever happened that let's say Lisa or Bernard walked up to Jagger after rehearsal and said, "This song is a beauty, we should really do it, Mick". Would Jagger appreciate comments like that? Till The Next Goodbye is a wonder. And they should encourage Mick to do it. Those lyrics are just sooo great and smart. Way more classy and stylish than Fool To Cry or Worried About You... It is sooo "Jagger". They have a lot of songs that work work great live, and this one would be a beauty.

Date: February 12, 2014 08:27

Max'sKansasCity
complete band doing SILVER TRAIN as they want it to be. A howling harmonica by Mick, like the train is really there,

How cool is that? I am really asking... HOW COOL IS THAT!!?

Of course saddly (it hurts my heart that) I will be in the cheapest, furtherest away seats there are (seeing it through youtube) but I am pretty darn excited about maybe seeing/hearing Silver Train played live by my favorite band in 2014.

and I did not know her name

>grinning smiley<

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home