Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 34
Re: Rolling Stones Paris Rehearsals February 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 4, 2014 20:22

It's a shame they decide to rehearse in Paris over and over again. London or somewhere else in Europe would be so much better.

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: February 4, 2014 20:33

8.Its All Over Now x3
9.Sway x2
10.Wild Horses x2

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 4, 2014 20:35

JumpinJeppeFlash
It's a shame they decide to rehearse in Paris over and over again. London or somewhere else in Europe would be so much better.

For who? For the Stones or for anybody else?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 4, 2014 20:52

Thommie
JumpinJeppeFlash

For everyone who don't like France, seen Stones twice in France, never met such ignorant people in my whole life as the french. If you don't speak their language they look at you as if you are some kind of alien.I remember when i tried to ask what tubeline to go with to Stade de France and no one wanted to help me because i spoke english, never had such horrible experience in other european countries like UK, Holland or Germany for example.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 4, 2014 21:29

What you describe sounds like 1970 or something like that. French had a bad rumour decades ago but today the are as gentle as anywhere Else.
Speaking English in Paris is mostly no problem. On the countryside is another issue but they are seldom unpolite.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 4, 2014 21:32

As a GDF Suez share holder i hope to get in >grinning smiley<

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 4, 2014 21:45

That's a thought! If one guy deserves to get in this time it's you ;-) BTW I started a new "Warm Up" show thread -> [www.iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 4, 2014 21:47

JumpinJeppeFlash
Thommie
JumpinJeppeFlash

For everyone who don't like France, seen Stones twice in France, never met such ignorant people in my whole life as the french. If you don't speak their language they look at you as if you are some kind of alien.I remember when i tried to ask what tubeline to go with to Stade de France and no one wanted to help me because i spoke english, never had such horrible experience in other european countries like UK, Holland or Germany for example.

and why should that affect their choice of country to rehearse in private?

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: February 4, 2014 22:23

According an other site, Sweet Virginia played instead Ain't too proud to beg as N°7

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: February 4, 2014 22:26

JumpinJeppeFlash
Thommie
JumpinJeppeFlash

IDK jeppe i have ment a few dutch people who are some of the biggest a holes ever

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-04 23:08 by Godxofxrock9.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 4, 2014 22:35

I rather hope they do a warm- up gig down under

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 4, 2014 23:05

Rsylvain
hello

Could you tell me what the rehearsal schedules were?

Big thank

Not really. That is part of the security bit. Imagine you are NOT a fan but you have some nasty plans. Then the schedule would be great to have. Sorry. You just have to work your way through the day and evening and cold if you are a real fan, that is how it works.

Bjornulf

Date: February 4, 2014 23:10

marclaff
According an other site, Sweet Virginia played instead Ain't too proud to beg as N°7

It was for sure "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" ...

Bjornulf

Rolling Stones "Warm Up" Show in Paris February 2014 ?
Date: February 4, 2014 20:10

Since the speculation has started in the Paris Rehearsals 2014 thread I'm starting this one to try to help keep things organized for when bv can get to it ;-)

So to sum it up :
- 03/02 : Francis Zégut a well known Radio DJ on RTL posted WITH A QUESTION MARK that the Stones would be playing at the Trianon on February 10th
- 04/02 : "Everyone and their dog" has been confirming and/or denying on Twitter that the show will take place at the Trianon on the 10th. Apparently some people called the Trianon and were told that there was a private corporate event for GDF (Gaz de France)
- 04/02 - 18.38 : This just out, this site talked to the Stones' record company (did they re-sign with Universal?) and were told : "No show at the Trianon" but that their would indeed be a club show, but they don't know when and where...apparently no decision has been made at this point.

Let the speculation continue !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-04 21:00 by gotdablouse.

Re: Warm Up Show Paris February 2014 ?
Date: February 4, 2014 20:21

Free on 2/10: MOGADOR THEATRE - LA CIGALE - LE BATACLAN

Booked 2/10: LE TRIANON - OLYMPIA - TRABENDO

I think either the date is wrong or there's a venue issue..

Date: February 4, 2014 20:22

Yeah, this just out, this site talked to the Stones' record company (did they re-sign with Universal?) and were told : "No show at the Trianon" but that their would indeed be a club show, but they don't know when and where...apparently no decision has been made at this point.

--------------

Date: February 4, 2014 20:25

OK.. to be sure that there will be a show is already a step-forward...

Let the investigation continue!

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: February 4, 2014 20:41

I would be on the SEA to CDG paris nonstop Delta flight for a club show! The rare chance to see the band upclose with the songs not played on tour. Keep me informed.

Re: Rolling Stones "Warm Up" Show in Paris February 2014 ?
Date: February 4, 2014 21:42

Well that's a dedicated fan! Can't believe Paris is about to get a second warm up show in less than 18 months...

--------------

Date: February 4, 2014 23:25

OK. After the break they did the most interesting bits:

- Midnight Rambler (without Mick Taylor, but still grrrrreat!)
- Who Do You Love (YES!)
- Some Girls (almost like the '99 version)
- Out Of Control 2x (getting warm in cold Paris night, everybody just loved it!)
- Loving Cup (encore!)

By the way, tonight I just realized... This is not just the Asia & Pacific rehearsals. This is also the European Tour rehearsals. These are the songs we will get at Stade de France (they just need the signature) and some other major locations in Europe this summer.

With the number of songs they are rehearsing now, 15-20 per night, they will have approx 60-80 songs to choose from for the rest of 2014. Great for "14 on Fire", but also great for the rest of us & you who can not travel. I am sure they will bring a bunch of these songs to the rest of the world. Stones fans are lucky fans. It might be the year of the horse, but it is also the year of The Rolling Stones!

PS. I merged the "club show" thread into this thread. They are the same. More soon...

Bjornulf

Keith arrived in Paris, feb.3rd
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: February 4, 2014 17:20

Anybody have this Interview??

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: February 4, 2014 23:49

BV thank you for all the information. I am here in the US and look forward to your info. Thank you

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 5, 2014 00:19

Good stuff BV... You're bringing this world tour directly to our homes. We here take much for granted from this band but that's because they allow you to really deliver the great information, straight from the source. Cheers and safe travels!!!!

Date: February 5, 2014 00:24

They (Mick) say a club show is like one week of rehearsals. So if they want fast feeedback and a quick test of songs then they could do a club show. For decades we have heard about club show rumours. Some are carefully planned and part of the schedule. Others are ad hoc out of the box to win some fast feedback on how songs are working. Some are just false rumours. If there was an easy way to warn real fans about a real club show then sure I would use that way, but often it is just 90% for sure, and I can not and will not spread any rumour unless they are 100% fore sure. And then I would probably be in a queue somewhere without my PC. Hopefully the right queue.

My advice is follow this thread carefully, do read between lines carefully. I will do my best.

Bjornulf

Date: February 5, 2014 00:29

Thank you so much BV..

We're on the edge of our seat...

Have a great night

Date: February 5, 2014 00:37

I just love it when Charlie is doing his double beats. Tonight there were times when you could just hear that he wanted to be on stage and feed the crowd with his amazing double beats. And some times he just had to keep drumming when they were done with the song. These guys do really love what they are doing, and give them a crowd, then it will get even better.

Bjornulf

Posted by: tklawson ()
Date: February 5, 2014 00:48

JumpinJeppeFlash
Thommie
JumpinJeppeFlash

How dare those French expect to speak French in their own country. What nerve.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 5, 2014 00:50

How is keith playing ? Can you hear ?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 5, 2014 01:23

Photo purporting to be from today (February 4), but others in the photoset match those previously posted at RockerParis.

[ronniewoodpecker.tumblr.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 5, 2014 01:28

bye bye johnny
Photo purporting to be from today (February 4), but others in the photoset match those previously posted at RockerParis.

[ronniewoodpecker.tumblr.com]

I saw these ones today, including the Charlie and Ronnie photograph you posted, bye bye johnny. I think the photographs were taken yesterday by the same photographer, Laurent Dubreuil.

On twitter, somebody posted a photograph that his mom took with Keith, and the autograph he signed for them:

[twitter.com]

[twitter.com]

And this girl met Charlie and Ronnie in Paris:

[instagram.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-05 01:31 by Cristiano Radtke.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home