Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 34
Re: Rolling Stones Paris Rehearsals February 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 4, 2014 17:20

bye bye johnny
French DJ Francis Zegut blogs about a rumored show at Le Trianon, February 10.

[www.byzegut.fr]

I think this comes from this website. Not that this is a reliable information, but who knows?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 4, 2014 17:24

Zégut usually has infos from insider sources. he doesn't rely on hearsay from other sites. he's been in the biz for 35 years so he knows basically everyone.

Date: February 4, 2014 17:35

dcba
Zégut usually has infos from insider sources. he doesn't rely on hearsay from other sites. he's been in the biz for 35 years so he knows basically everyone.

I don't know Zégut, and I was talking about the reliability of the website I mentioned on my post above, and not about him. But if he has infos from the insiders, the information posted on the Up Concert website could be from Zégut.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: February 4, 2014 17:48

Cristiano Radtke
bye bye johnny
French DJ Francis Zegut blogs about a rumored show at Le Trianon, February 10.

[www.byzegut.fr]

I think this comes from this website. Not that this is a reliable information, but who knows?

No on this website you can read "info by Zegut", it's for this reason I said it was only one source. But as dcba said, Zegut is usually a reliable source...
Also, the fact that the Trianon answered that the 10 was booked for a private party, perhaps this means -again- a private concert like in 2012 @ Mogador (remember, the bankers!) ??

Posted by: Rsylvain ()
Date: February 4, 2014 17:53

No info about rehearsal schedules?
If I go for 8pm, some chances that they are still repeat?

Thank

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: February 4, 2014 18:24

kleermaker
LuxuryStones
Mick Taylor should not be expected to be present for the first day or even the first week of rehearsals. He is a special guest on the tour, he has not rejoined the Stones nor will he be asked to. Like last year, he'll show up eventually and rehearse a few numbers, but he won't have a more involved role than on the last leg of the tour. [Stonehearted]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the newsflash.

Indeed. No surprises.

And let's face it, if Taylor feels fine by just doing two or three songs / gig, who are we to complain? smiling smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 4, 2014 18:35

bye bye johnny
Merci pour les rapports!

Keith in Paris today.

Photo: Ga Li

Ah, ce vent!

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: February 4, 2014 18:36

LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones
Mick Taylor should not be expected to be present for the first day or even the first week of rehearsals. He is a special guest on the tour, he has not rejoined the Stones nor will he be asked to. Like last year, he'll show up eventually and rehearse a few numbers, but he won't have a more involved role than on the last leg of the tour. [Stonehearted]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed. No surprises.

And let's face it, if Taylor feels fine by just doing two or three songs / gig, who are we to complain? smiling smiley

I am really glad to see him back playing with his old band mates even if it is one song per gig! He is truly gifted and amazing!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 4, 2014 18:37

PhillyFAN
LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones

Indeed. No surprises.

I am really glad to see him back playing with his old band mates even if it is one song per gig! He is truly gifted and amazing!

But please not the same MR again. It's Winter time!

Date: February 4, 2014 18:41

kleermaker
PhillyFAN
LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones

Indeed. No surprises.

Amen! Shine a light on that!

Date: February 4, 2014 18:43

kleermaker
PhillyFAN
LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones

Indeed. No surprises.

But please not the same MR again. It's Winter time

Wintertime waits for no one.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 4, 2014 18:53

Rsylvain
No info about rehearsal schedules?
If I go for 8pm, some chances that they are still repeat?

Thank

Generally speaking, emphasis on the "generally",they show up late afternoon, do some tunes, break for dinner, then continue to about 10-11pm, but it all depends on the day.
Sometimes Keith will stay after Mick leaves to do a couple of his tunes or listen to the playback of the rehearsal tapes and take notes.

Rehearsals are definitely fun because on tour, you usually only get 2 or 3 lesser played tunes per night whereas during rehearsals you get the whole tour's worth of rarities at once.

It is definitely heart warming to hear that the old boys are at it again, should be a fun bunch of shows coming up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-04 19:09 by andrewt.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 4, 2014 19:08

Iirc in 2012 they wrapped it much earlier than 11 pm. I'll not be too specific for security reasons but yeah at 11 pm they should be in front of the TV set in their hotel suite...

Date: February 4, 2014 19:13

dcba
Iirc in 2012 they wrapped it much earlier than 11 pm. I'll not be too specific for security reasons but yeah at 11 pm they should be in front of the TV set in their hotel suite...

At their tender age I guess the late nights are not so late anymore. cool smiley
Best they save their energy for the shows, that's what really counts.

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: February 4, 2014 19:17

PhillyFAN
kleermaker
PhillyFAN
LuxuryStones
kleermaker
LuxuryStones

Indeed. No surprises.

Amen! Shine a light on that!

Where is he. Time waits for no one

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 4, 2014 19:20

Less sun, warmer temps today, here's what they've played so far :
1. Get Off Of My Cloud
2. The Last Time
3. Emotional Rescue (for 35 minutes, first version sounded ok, but then they worked on the intro several times before playing it again - hard to say for sure but it seemed a bit closer to the original groove, less "reggae" than in 2013, maybe that's why they spent so much time on it)
4. Route 66 : brought back a few memories...
5. Shattered x2
6. Street Fighting Man
7. Ain't Too Proud to Beg

ADDED by lickskeith on the next page :
8.Its All Over Now x3
9.Sway x2
10.Wild Horses x2

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-04 20:40 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: February 4, 2014 19:23

Hey guys.

Confirmed that the Trianon host GDF SUEZ Corporate Conference on 2/10.
I highly doubt that they bankrolled the Stones to come play...

I think the answer is elsewhere... but Trabendo is booked too...

Weird...

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: February 4, 2014 19:26

gotdablouse
1. Get Off Of My Cloud
2. The Last Time
3. Emotional Rescue (for 35 minutes, first version sounded ok, but then they worked on the intro several times before playing it again - hard to say for sure but it seemed a bit closer to the original groove, less "reggae" than in 2013, maybe that's why they spent so much time on it)
5. Shattered x2
6. Street Fighting Man

yell out loud and tell them to play slave or fingerprint file for 35 minutes

Date: February 4, 2014 19:30

Thank for this informations !!

Posted by: Highwire75 ()
Date: February 4, 2014 19:32

The Trianon seems confirmed. As Mogador, last year, it's a private concert. Some places will may be on sale (rumor, unconfirmed).

Highwire75

[highwire75.500px.com]

Date: February 4, 2014 19:33

gotdablouse
1. Get Off Of My Cloud
2. The Last Time
5. Shattered x2
6. Street Fighting Man

Route 66 and Ain't Too Proud to Beg. Now we're talking! Thanks for the info. smileys with beer

Date: February 4, 2014 19:36

bataclan, la cigale free the 02/10
Trabendo and Olympia booked the 02/10

Date: February 4, 2014 19:39

Thanks for posting the info on Paris..

GDF SUEZ IS NOT paying for the Stones..i dont believe it for a second..

Date: February 4, 2014 19:51

Other way: they come back to the MOGADOR Theatre..

The Belle et la Bete Musical is off on Sundays & Mondays...

Posted by: Highwire75 ()
Date: February 4, 2014 19:52

lickskeith
Thanks for posting the info on Paris..

GDF SUEZ IS NOT paying for the Stones..i dont believe it for a second..

Why?
Remember:
[www.publi-news.fr]

highwire75.500px.com

Date: February 4, 2014 19:58

Thanks for the updates, gotdablouse, it's a tough job but someone's gotta do it!smileys with beer

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: February 4, 2014 19:59

Thanks Guillaume for the first 7 songs rehearsed.

Carmignac is different (ie more R&R) than GDF-SUEZ.
If the Stones don't play on monday, Trabendo and Trianon are free for the tuesday.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 4, 2014 20:09

gotdablouse
1. Get Off Of My Cloud
2. The Last Time
5. Shattered x2
6. Street Fighting Man

Can you hear if they play it a bit faster than last year? That question about yesterdays songs too. Few songs were really slowed down on 2012/2013 tours...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 4, 2014 20:14

I hadn't really paid attention at first but the musicians among us immediately spotted that they were playing Route 66 faster than at the Trabendo. I noticed that too for Shattered that seemed a bit "endless" at the Trabendo...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-05 01:00 by bv.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 4, 2014 20:17

Okay, good to know that they try it a bit faster again.
Thanks for reports and answers, gotdablouse. smiling bouncing smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1546
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home