Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What was the youngest crowd you saw in a Stones-Show since 40 licks??
Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: January 30, 2014 14:45

For me: 2003 Zurich, Letzigrund-Stadium: Average age 25-30.

Re: What was the youngest crowd you saw in a Stones-Show since 40 licks??
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 30, 2014 14:54

I don't believe you. I guess the average age at a random Rolling Stones concert would be something around 45.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 30, 2014 15:19

In the US last year I saw fathers holding they little kids (about 4 years of age) on their shoulders in the pit. The kids didn't like it and the fathers didn't enjoy the show. I just think parents sometimes want to do to much to show their kids their own youth or to show them history they experienced. Every generation should experience their own culture and history and may be tell it at a certain age to other or show it by photos whatever.

And yes at Zurich Letzigrund the audience in 2003 was quite young compare to other concerts during Licks or ABB.

Date: January 30, 2014 15:21

You are right - average of 45 at usual shows.
But that night in Zurich there were crowds of even 19 year old fans.
They told me then: "It´s hip in Suisse right now to follow old rockbands, especially the Stones." That was in 2003.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 30, 2014 15:30

Maybe Glastonbury?

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: January 30, 2014 15:45

Irix
Maybe Glastonbury?

Has to be Glastonbury. Hyde Park was a wide range, which was really great to see, but Glastonbury was 90% 25 year olds (and under) but then of course they'd bought their tickets months before and did not know (or care?) who was playing when they bought them

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: January 30, 2014 15:47

Glastonbury is obviously the best answer but as to crowd that I personally saw it would have been Hyde Park. Second would be - amazingly, considering it was the beginning of sky high pricing - the first night at the O2. Kids with their parents and the beautiful rich who needed to be seen I guess.

Date: January 30, 2014 16:03

So is there a new fresh fan-generation which was build during the last 10 years live shows (licks, ABB, 50 & Counting).
Or are the big three waves "60ies beginners, 70ies beginners, 80ies beginners" still the 95% majority in the shows?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 30, 2014 16:15

Crowds are getting older all the time. I once saw a guy at a Ringo show waving his crutches in the air. It was like a fist pump, only it was a crutch pump. Another time, at a Stephen Stills show, I sat next to a guy who was on oxygen who kept yelling out for "Southern Man."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-30 16:16 by tatters.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: January 30, 2014 16:17

caschimann
So is there a new fresh fan-generation which was build during the last 10 years live shows (licks, ABB, 50 & Counting).
Or are the big three waves "60ies beginners, 70ies beginners, 80ies beginners" still the 95% majority in the shows?
But the next generations were already there, I mean sperm!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 30, 2014 16:18

Stoneage

I guess the average age at a random Rolling Stones concert would be something around 45.

I feel very average...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: January 30, 2014 16:25

Average - 10 years, for me.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 30, 2014 16:27

As far as I recall, the people who were at the Copacabana concert were between 25 and 35 years. At least the people who were standing next to me. Maybe most of the people over 45 years stayed at home watching on TV. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 30, 2014 16:51

Oslo, Norway, August 2007 had a younger crowd, just see my report from that show:

[www.iorr.org]

At average age 70 it would be strange for them to act as a boyband, but I meet many, many fans who are in the 20's, 30's and 40's.

The oldest average crowds are probably in North America, average age 50+, in Europe 40+ and in some markets 30-40, South America even younger, which is not bad for a bande that has been around for more than 50 years.

Bjornulf

Date: January 30, 2014 16:57

Random shot from Oslo, 2007. A young crowd indeed. Not many grey-heads.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: January 30, 2014 17:36

Rome 2007 was surprisingly young in contrast to the German shows

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: January 30, 2014 17:40

Surprisingly a lot of young people were in Budapest 2007 mainly in the FOS area.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-30 17:51 by 1962.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 30, 2014 20:46

I wasn't there but for the shows they used for the movie Shine A Light they stuck a whole bunch of young models up front so that and the size of the venue might have brought the average down.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 30, 2014 21:15

isle of Wight. We were surrounded down at the rail by a very young crowd in their 20s & they loved the show!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 30, 2014 21:18

Just a few i.e. 30-40 video models at the Beacon Theatre did not really make any big change on the average age really. I was there at both shows and the crowd was as usual. There were real fans also up front. Most of the fans in the crowd were any age to be honest, nothing special. Typical Stones fans who had won the lottery i.e. were lucky to see them in such a small setting.

To be honest I don't think the age thing is really important, or even interesting. Stones fans come in all ages. Even my daughters dog is a Stones fan really. But he can't even afford dog food, and certanly not a pit ticket - see what I mean?

Bjornulf

Posted by: tklawson ()
Date: January 30, 2014 21:23

mighty stork
I wasn't there but for the shows they used for the movie Shine A Light they stuck a whole bunch of young models up front so that and the size of the venue might have brought the average down.

I was there. The number of "models" of which I was one, and I am bald and 40, was fairly small given the total number of people at either show. The first show had a lot of politicians in their 50s and 60s, which probably balanced it out. The second night probably had a younger crowd, but still plenty of older VIPs.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: January 30, 2014 22:33

I recalls seeing press about the 2006 show in Halifax being a very young crowd. Of course it was a "festival" of sorts with low priced GA tix.
Same with SARSstock.

Low prices/GA = more young peopple at shows

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 30, 2014 22:41

bv

To be honest I don't think the age thing is really important, or even interesting. Stones fans come in all ages. Even my daughters dog is a Stones fan really. But he can't even afford dog food, and certanly not a pit ticket - see what I mean?

Funny, BV! My dog howls all the time so I think he's more of a Howlin Wolf fan. smiling smiley

As to the age of fans, I brought my three children - mid-teens to early 20's - to the Stones shows last summer and met several fans who had brought their children as well. So, anecdotally, I'd say it evens out to around 30 years old, between the youngsters and the oldsters. But, I agree, it doesn't matter, everyone goes to have a good time.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: January 31, 2014 00:00

DandelionPowderman
Random shot from Oslo, 2007. A young crowd indeed. Not many grey-heads.

Those are wigs...

Date: January 31, 2014 00:04

grinning smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 31, 2014 00:17

I kid you not.... something's happening ... [www.amazon.co.uk]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 31, 2014 01:34

Rockman
I kid you not.... something's happening ... [www.amazon.co.uk]

Those with young Grandkids, take note!

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: January 31, 2014 01:51

Austin, Zilker Park 2006. I guess I contributed since I was still technically in my 20's.

Date: January 31, 2014 13:28

@bv: Standing in the front of the stage with a high percentage of younger people around you is just shows the passion for the band is already existent in the next generation.
And it looks good to see 19-20 somethings dancing to the forever young songs of our band.
And: On the other hand it looks although good to see a 7O something - who saw the Stones first live in the Crawdaddy back in Feb. `63 still singing and dancing on the 50 & Counting tour.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: January 31, 2014 22:55

Probably 2006 Super Bowl where there was an age limit (18 - 45) due to "fitness reasons" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1444
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home