Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
OT: Motley Crue announce farewell tour
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 29, 2014 10:54

Possible that this is one of the few supposed "real" Farewell tours? People have accused the Stones of doing it like 5 times, but they've never actually labeled one as such.

I question whether I should see this show or not. I'm not really a Crue fan, but I have about the 10 big hits on my iPod, which I'll admit I do love when I need some stupid party music. I'm a sucker for Kickstart My Heart, Live Wire, Home Sweet Home, etc. Never seen them before and looks like this would be my last shot. Also, big factor would be that Alice Cooper is apparently opening the whole tour and he's also someone that I've never seen. Not a bad bill to catch two people that have been on my list but never bitten the bullet to actually get tickets to live.

Anyone else interested in their tour? (I'm guessing probably not many)

Re: OT: Motley Crue announce farewell tour
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 29, 2014 11:01

Not me, but if I were YOU I'd definitely go! Take the chance to see every band you have any interest in while you still can!

Date: January 29, 2014 11:07

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 29, 2014 11:20

Aquamarine
Not me, but if I were YOU I'd definitely go! Take the chance to see every band you have any interest in while you still can!
I'm definitely considering it. Gonna have to try and find someone to go with, and the prices are also kind of high at $140. I've heard there won't be too much demand so better to wait until closer to the date and prices go down. Looks like I'll have a lot of time until the summer to think it over.

Cause I've always wanted to see Alice but his solo shows are usually too much for me to justify just for him. If I could score an $80 ticket for this, it would kill two birds with one stone, and I'd mostly want to hear the hits from both anyway (I'd love to hear deep Alice cuts but he doesn't play those alone anyway).

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 29, 2014 11:22

I've never been a fan of 80s metal, even back in the day. But if I had 10 songs by any artist on my iPod, that means I would like them enough to seriously enjoy at least half their show. And since it's supposedly their last tour, may as well see them so that one day you won't regret not having gone.

The Stones have never done a farewell tour--it's just press people who have wanted to say goodbye to them for decades. The Who only did one, and if it weren't for John Entwistle's irrepressibly extravagant lifestyle and persistent debt situation, Pete Townshend would have left the Who back in 1982.

And looking at that photo above, the band doesn't look all that old and they're probably not set for life, what with the music industry crumbling in on itself these days. They'll never survive the last three decades of their lives on record royalties alone. They'll be back.

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: January 29, 2014 11:25

Saw them 1989 on the Dr Feelgood tour. Great show. Musically it was complete garbage. Vince Neil can't sing for shit live. Very hard to stand. Haven't seen them live since. Watched a few clips on Youtube from their last years tour with KISS and think that they are a terrible live band. Even worse than 25 years ago. Tommy Lee's drumming and roller coaster performance is worth watching it, though.

Posted by: AlanPartridge ()
Date: January 29, 2014 12:26

About time!!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: January 29, 2014 12:27

Go see them.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 29, 2014 12:56

They were horrible when I saw them open for the Stones on ABB in Seattle & Portland.

Date: January 29, 2014 13:02

stonehearted
I've never been a fan of 80s metal, even back in the day. But if I had 10 songs by any artist on my iPod, that means I would like them enough to seriously enjoy at least half their show. And since it's supposedly their last tour, may as well see them so that one day you won't regret not having gone.

The Stones have never done a farewell tour--it's just press people who have wanted to say goodbye to them for decades. The Who only did one, and if it weren't for John Entwistle's irrepressibly extravagant lifestyle and persistent debt situation, Pete Townshend would have left the Who back in 1982.

And looking at that photo above, the band doesn't look all that old and they're probably not set for life, what with the music industry crumbling in on itself these days. They'll never survive the last three decades of their lives on record royalties alone. They'll be back.

these guys are older than you think, richer than you think and will not live as long as you think. the farewell tour ends at the end of 2015.

at the end of 2015 here are the bands ages:
mick mars-65
tommy lee- 53
nikki sixx- 56
vince neil- 54

if any of these guys live 3 more decades after they retire i will be shocked.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 29, 2014 13:08

Well, with being rich there goes a style of living along with it, and the money they have now may not last as long as you think.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: January 29, 2014 13:08

I find it strange to sign a contract that you'll never tour again

Date: January 29, 2014 13:11

zgubi
I find it strange to sign a contract that you'll never tour again

Contracts can always be terminated...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 29, 2014 13:40

keefriffhard4life

these guys are older than you think, richer than you think and will not live as long as you think.

...That would make a GREAT baseline to their tour poster & hand-outs!

Date: January 29, 2014 13:46

stonehearted
Well, with being rich there goes a style of living along with it, and the money they have now may not last as long as you think.

thats true but i know each of the guys have other things.

nikki sixx has a radio show, another band called SIXX:A.M., produces and writes songs for other artists and also does something for the record company ELEVEN SEVEN MUSIC.

vince neil does solo stuff, has a line of tequila, owns 3 restraurants, owns 1 strip club and 1 tattoo parlor.

tommy lee does solo stuff and appears on tv shows

mick mars makes guitar guest appearances on albums and sometimes writes but he has a bad health condition

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: January 29, 2014 14:04

Good

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: January 29, 2014 14:07

keefriffhard4life
stonehearted

thats true but i know each of the guys have other things.

nikki sixx has a radio show, another band called SIXX:A.M., produces and writes songs for other artists and also does something for the record company ELEVEN SEVEN MUSIC.

vince neil does solo stuff, has a line of tequila, owns 3 restraurants, owns 1 strip club and 1 tattoo parlor.

tommy lee does solo stuff and appears on tv shows

mick mars makes guitar guest appearances on albums and sometimes writes but he has a bad health condition

Very true. They all make a fair share. Lee is also a pretty popular DJ, DJing all around the globe. You can book him for around $10.000 a night + expenses (first class flight, first class hotel, premium transport). And he's DJing a lot. Often times he is DJing while being on tour with the Crüe after Crüe shows from midnight until 4 a.m. or on a day off with Mötley Crüe, so he hasn't got a real day off for 4-6 weeks in a row. The guy is a workaholic.

These days he is way more into dance music and DJing than into Rock n Roll. In fact he said that he is sick and tired of all the rock and roll clichees and guitars and verse/bridge/chorus song structures and that Mötley bores him to death. For some reason I never expected that from someone like Lee. He was such a rock animal back in the day. The complete package.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: January 29, 2014 14:32

These guys (and this entire genre) sucked in the 80's. No offense, but their main contribution is that they are the soundtrack to more white trash lives than any act in musical history... I can't imagine why anyone would want to see them in 2014? For that matter I couldn't imagine why anyone wanted to see them in 1986.

I love how they suggest they are "going out on top". Aren't they playing Holiday Inn's these days?

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: January 29, 2014 15:17

Motley Crue is easily one of the greatest American rock n' roll bands of all time. I saw them more than 20 years ago in the states and I saw them in Tokyo in 2011. They rocked then and they rock now! Personally, this tour is a must see. As I understand it they'll play North America in 2014 and international dates in 2015 before calling it quits.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 29, 2014 15:29

"Motley Crue announce farewell tour"

The most important word in this sentence is "farewell". Indeed "farewell!"

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 29, 2014 15:44

James Kirk
These guys (and this entire genre) sucked in the 80's. No offense, but their main contribution is that they are the soundtrack to more white trash lives than any act in musical history... I can't imagine why anyone would want to see them in 2014? For that matter I couldn't imagine why anyone wanted to see them in 1986.

I love how they suggest they are "going out on top". Aren't they playing Holiday Inn's these days?

I agree!!!

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: January 29, 2014 15:50

I want to see them for 1 last time on this upcoming tour. I saw them in the 80s in my 1st heavy metal concert and a 2nd time on a festival with AC/DC and Metallica in the early 90s.

But this tour is not considered as 'Farewell Tour'.

From Tommy Lee's twitter account: "This ain't no farewell tour! Those are for bands that lie to their fans and come back in 5-10 years! This is the FINAL tour! It's over!"

Date: January 29, 2014 15:51

dcba
"Motley Crue announce farewell tour"

The most important word in this sentence is "farewell". Indeed "farewell!"

Split the words: "Fare"!

Date: January 29, 2014 15:51

StonedInTokyo
Motley Crue is easily one of the greatest American rock n' roll bands of all time. I saw them more than 20 years ago in the states and I saw them in Tokyo in 2011. They rocked then and they rock now! Personally, this tour is a must see. As I understand it they'll play North America in 2014 and international dates in 2015 before calling it quits.

I'm glad you like them, but even for a fan that is a bit of a stretch?

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: January 29, 2014 16:05

"One of the greatest American rock n roll bands of all time"

Really? They are little more than cheesy 80's band (from a cheesy genre) that borders on parody. Sure, they sold a lot of records in their day, but so did MC Hammer. How could anyone take these lightweights and their hair band contemparies seriously?

How did rock go from giants like The Rolling Stones + Led Zeppelin to totally devolve into crap like Mötley Crüe, Warrant, Poison etc? Thank God Nirvana and Pearl Jam took back rock and roll from the Walmart crowd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-29 16:07 by James Kirk.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: January 29, 2014 16:35

RIP Razzle

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: January 29, 2014 16:42

James Kirk
"One of the greatest American rock n roll bands of all time"

Really?

Motley Crue have sold more than 80 MILLION records and continue touring THE WORLD more than 30 years after their formation. If The Beatles ruled the '60s
and Led Zeppelin ruled the '70s, Motley Crue ruled the '80s with no less than five multi-platinum album releases. I would say this easily places them among the greatest American rock bands in history...certainly since 1980.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 29, 2014 17:02

James Kirk
Sure, they sold a lot of records in their day, but so did MC Hammer.

grinning smiley

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 29, 2014 17:06

I said farewell to them in 1980.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 29, 2014 17:17

DandelionPowderman
StonedInTokyo

I'm glad you like them, but even for a fan that is a bit of a stretch?

I agree...this line not only hurt my feelings, it makes me feel bad for America...

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home