Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
The Grammy Awards Running Commentary Thread
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 27, 2014 02:45

Thought it might be fun if we have a thread where we can all comment on the proceedings in real time. Show starts in 15 minutes. Right now, I'm just waiting for the Dominos Pizza guy to get here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-27 02:45 by tatters.

Re: The Grammy Awards Running Commentary Thread
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 27, 2014 02:48

Vegetarian with anchovies ????

ROCKMAN

Date: January 27, 2014 02:48

EARLY GRAMMY RESULTS ALREADY IN

The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney each won awards for their big packages at the Grammy Pre-Telecast Ceremony today. Hang on, it’s not as dirty as it sounds…
McCartney and his other former group Wings won the Grammy for Best Boxed or Special Limited Edition Package for the deluxe edition of ‘Wings Over America,’ a live album chronicling the band’s 1976 world tour. As you can see from the photo above, the 2013 reissue was jam-packed with photographs, historical liner notes and replicas of the tour’s backstage passes and other memorabilia.
McCartney won or was part of the winning team for three other awards during this portion of the Awards ceremony. His late-2012 collection ‘Live Kisses’ took home the Grammy for Best Surround Sound Album, beating out a diverse field of competitors that also included Primus. The ‘Live Kisses’ DVD also won for Best Music Film, an honor for which Green Day, Mumford & Sons and Coldplay were also nominated. Finally, the ‘Sound City: Real to Reel’ soundtrack, which featured McCartney, Stevie Nicks and a diverse range of other rockers led by Foo Fighters leader Dave Grohl, won for Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media.
As for the Stones, they were co-winners in the Best Historical Album category for last year’s ‘Charlie is My Darling – Ireland 1965‘ live collection. They shared this honor with Bill Withers and his ‘The Complete Sussex and Columbia Albums’ collection. We’re guessing Mick Jagger can’t argue about that too much, seeing as how he covered Withers’ ‘Use Me’ on his 1993 solo album ‘Wandering Spirit.’

Read More: Paul McCartney, Rolling Stones Win Packaging, Surround Sound Grammys | [ultimateclassicrock.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-27 02:53 by tatters.

Date: January 27, 2014 03:11

LL Cool J is the host.They always like to get someone who's a little "past it" in terms of their musical career. Remember when Andy Williams used to host and make self-deprecating jokes about how long it'd been since he'd had a hit or had been nominated for a grammy. Well, LL just said something like that. The more things change ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-27 03:11 by tatters.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: January 27, 2014 03:14

Let me guess...Justin Beaver meets up with Mick and agrees (at Mick's request) to be the next special guest on the next Stones Pay Per View...

Date: January 27, 2014 03:18

What's this "Lord" with the black lipstick and having convulsions?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 27, 2014 03:20

tatters
What's this "Lord" with the black lipstick and having convulsions?

One of the reasons for me not to watch it.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 27, 2014 03:23

shadooby
Let me guess...Justin Beaver meets up with Mick and agrees (at Mick's request) to be the next special guest on the next Stones Pay Per View...

Now that the Beav has a criminal record, he's got the kind of rock star street cred that would fit right in with the Stones. When he's arraigned, he can seal the the deal by spouting off about the judge's "petty morals."

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 27, 2014 03:31

How's the pizza? I haven't had a Dominatrix Pizza in years.

Hey, if you live in Los Angeles, home of the Grammys, how do you get a musician away from your front door? Give up? A: Pay for the pizza.

They should do a retrospective Grammy awards and revise all the past injustices, just so we can see who really should have won all those years ago. I doubt anyone alive today would vote for Henry Mancini ahead of the Beatles.

Date: January 27, 2014 03:36

stonehearted
How's the pizza?

Better than this show. I don't know if I can make it to Paul and Ringo. I may have to bail and catch it later on youtube or something.

Date: January 27, 2014 03:47

Robin Thicke and Chicago. Were Robin's parents even born when these songs were hits?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-27 03:49 by tatters.

Date: January 27, 2014 04:06

Paul and Nirvana just won best rock song or whatever they were nominated for. Not really paying attention ....

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 27, 2014 04:07

Oh well so Sir Paul takes it. It was a good rocking song I have to admit, Grohl lit a little fire under him for that one. Doom and Gloom #2 I guess.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 27, 2014 04:08

tatters
Paul and Nirvana just won best rock song or whatever they were nominated for. Not really paying attention ....

That piece of junk they put together won. What a joke.

Date: January 27, 2014 04:10

More Hot Rocks
tatters

That piece of junk they put together won. What a joke.

Well, they had to give him something for showing up with Ringo and boosting their ratings.

Date: January 27, 2014 04:12

tatters
Robin Thicke and Chicago. Were Robin's parents even born when these songs were hits?

At least no twerking this time around. I'm waiting for the Willie segment to see who he has with him. Hopefully real country folk and not the new brand.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: January 27, 2014 04:18

Chicago??? Not watching, but Why was their name mentioned with Robin Thicke?

Date: January 27, 2014 04:19

I assume Pink is lip-syncing there?

Date: January 27, 2014 04:20

Twirling Pink hmmmmmm

Date: January 27, 2014 04:20

1st mustache????

Date: January 27, 2014 04:21

stupidguy2
Chicago??? Not watching, but Why was their name mentioned with Robin Thicke?

Date: January 27, 2014 04:25

STONES WIN!!!!!!!! Best historical!! For Charlie is my darling. Two way tie with The Complete Sussex And Columbia Albums!

Posted by: mrsoandso ()

mighty stork
1st mustache????
looks like the guy from the movie her, but that's not Scarlett Johanson.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()

tatters
LL Cool J is the host.They always like to get someone who's a little "past it" in terms of their musical career. Remember when Andy Williams used to host and make self-deprecating jokes about how long it'd been since he'd had a hit or had been nominated for a grammy. Well, LL just said something like that. The more things change ....

I think LL Cool J did a fine job with his intro. He was smooth, no jitters, no mistakes. He speaks very well and was very professional under extremely high pressure. I love the purple tux.

Date: January 27, 2014 04:26

Lorde wins. Oh yeah I forgot they usually have a person perform if they are going to win an award. That way it looks like they booked good talent.

Date: January 27, 2014 04:29

mighty stork
Oh well so Sir Paul takes it.

Well, of course. He's no longer among the young upstarts of 1965, he's a Knight of the Realm and the Grammy voters are the subjects of his kingdom.

Posted by: RockinJive ()

More Hot Rocks
STONES WIN!!!!!!!! Best historical!! For Charlie is my darling. Two way tie with The Complete Sussex And Columbia Albums!

YEAH!! Thanks More hot rocks for the update!!

Posted by: mrsoandso ()

Prop bet: over/under 150
The number of times I say I hate that @#$%& during the Grammys.
Take the over.

Date: January 27, 2014 04:30

More Hot Rocks
STONES WIN!!!!!!!!

Of course again. For the present generation of boomer Grammy voters it's more about voting for old favorites, because it's too late to give them awards for their best work.

Date: January 27, 2014 04:30

RockinJive
More Hot Rocks

YEAH!! Thanks More hot rocks for the update!!

No problem It's on the Grammy web site!!!

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2159
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home