Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ticketmaster experience
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 12, 2005 16:36

Call me dumb, but what is the difference between "Paid Fan Club Member with Code" and "New member presale - $100 added"?? Does it mean that if you buy tix the latter way, you pay an extra $100 or what? I tried both and was offered the same tix on both occasions and couldn't see any price difference. I didn't want tix for Fenway but wanted to see how the system works. And guess what, added to the cost of each ticket is a "convenience charge" of $29.95. What convenience would that be? All theirs, obviously. Anyway, after several attempts that produced no available tix that matched my selection, the best pair of tix I was offered using various selections were in B1 and C3. Any requests for 4 tickets were all way back. The only time I was offered an A block ticket (in A6) was when I selected one ticket only. Did anyone manage to get more than one A block ticket???

Rollingstones.com was already saying beforehand that ticket requests couldn't be honoured and don't bother joining:

PRESALE TICKET UPDATE FOR BOSTON AND EAST RUTHERFORD:

2005-05-11 21:03:14
Many members have already joined from the New England and the Tri-State Regions. Because of this there is sure to be high demand for presale tickets at Fenway in Boston and Giants Stadium in East Rutherford.
If you are primarily interested in gaining access to presale tickets for the Fenway and Giants Stadium shows and have not joined the Fan Club already we are advising you not to at this time. We will not be able to honor your ticket requests. We may be able to fulfill your ticket requests at a later time if more shows are added in these regions.

Re: Ticketmaster experience
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 12, 2005 16:47

Update, having found the answer to my own questoin. I tried again and scrolled further down than before and $100 is automaticallly added to the cost.

Re: Ticketmaster experience
Posted by: flexy633 ()
Date: May 12, 2005 17:20

I just got two tickets for the Chicago show and had to pay the $100 fan club fee. Now I owe my friend $450 since they let me use their card. Hopefully, I can pay in installments!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1569
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home