Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT - NIN, Dave Grohl, Lindsey Buckingham @Grammy Awards
Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: January 21, 2014 17:52

Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl and special guest Lindsey Buckingham will give the closing performance at the 56th annual Grammy Awards on Sunday night.

Full details: [www.spin.com]

Re: OT - NIN, Dave Grohl, Lindsey Buckingham @Grammy Awards
Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: January 21, 2014 18:01

zgubi
Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Dave Grohl and special guest Lindsey Buckingham will give the closing performance at the 56th annual Grammy Awards on Sunday night.

Full details: [www.spin.com]

Thanks for the warning. Another reason not to watch.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 21, 2014 18:03

Has Dave Grohl sold his soul to Satan in exchange for being able to force himself into any and all music award show performances for the rest of eternity?

Just wondering...

Date: January 21, 2014 18:10

Grohl must have a great PR guy to make up for his 4rth rate guitar playing. The guy should really put the thing down.

Date: January 21, 2014 18:16

RockinJive
Grohl must have a great PR guy to make up for his 4rth rate guitar playing. The guy should really put the thing down.

since he is onstage with buckingham my guess is he will be on drums. don't hold me to that though

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 21, 2014 18:22

RockinJive

Are you aware that Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age are among the very best rock bands currently in activity? Without these guys we would have rap or electro to listen to? confused smiley

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: January 21, 2014 18:46

Pretty sure Queens of the Stone Age was the opening act when I saw the Stones at The Forum in March 2006.

Date: January 21, 2014 19:05

dcba
RockinJive

Are you aware that Nine Inch Nails and Queens of the Stone Age are among the very best rock bands currently in activity? Without these guys we would have rap or electro to listen to? confused smiley

I was really referring to Grohl. I don't mind him as a drummer, but as a front man trying to play guitar I laugh my ass off every time. I've seen 12 year olds play better than this guy. he a joke, he really is.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 21, 2014 19:09

Funny... I totally share your feelings about Grohl. >grinning smiley< I don't know about his skills as a guitarist but his songs, ahem! eye rolling smiley

Date: January 21, 2014 19:09

RockinJive
dcba
RockinJive

I was really referring to Grohl. I don't mind him as a drummer, but as a front man trying to play guitar I laugh my ass off every time. I've seen 12 year olds play better than this guy. he a joke, he really is.

which is why he is not the lead guitar player in the foo fighters. same way when mick jagger busts out a guitar he is not playing the lead guitar part

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 21, 2014 19:16

keefriffhard4life
RockinJive
dcba
RockinJive

which is why he is not the lead guitar player in the foo fighters. same way when mick jagger busts out a guitar he is not playing the lead guitar part

He shouldn't play guitar at all. Zero. Nothing. he shouldn't even think about it. I agree. He's one of the worst guitarist I ever heard. Monkeys can play better. And the Monkees could play better when they couldn't play.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: January 21, 2014 21:17

Why be a hater!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 21, 2014 22:27

RockinJive

Ha, it's not about how technical etc. His brilliance is in writing incredible songs, don't need to be a master guitar player for that. Clapton is considered a guitar genius but he writes crappy songs. I'd rather have the betters songs, but that's just me...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 21, 2014 22:43

I think Grohl is a great guy......love to play music and make some money out of it. (that's what they all want...money) even hour friends............

Date: January 21, 2014 22:52

NICOS
I think Grohl is a great guy......love to play music and make some money out of it. (that's what they all want...money) even hour friends............

He really is. He's often called the 'nicest guy in rock'. It amazes me how many seem to hate him on this site. The dude is nothing but amazing, loves and lives the rock life like a true rocker to the bone.

And very respectful of those that he grew up listening to, similar to the way the Stones revered the Blues-men. He is constantly giving them props and covers their songs etc.

Here is the amazing D Grohl w/ Stevie Nicks, the original is on Grohl's Sound City tribute LP:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-21 22:57 by LeonidP.

Date: January 21, 2014 23:10

dcba
RockinJive

No.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 21, 2014 23:22

LeonidP
NICOS

He really is. He's often called the 'nicest guy in rock'. It amazes me how many seem to hate him on this site. The dude is nothing but amazing, loves and lives the rock life like a true rocker to the bone.

And very respectful of those that he grew up listening to, similar to the way the Stones revered the Blues-men. He is constantly giving them props and covers their songs etc.

Here is the amazing D Grohl w/ Stevie Nicks, the original is on Grohl's Sound City tribute LP:

Yes....and I love him perform in one of the best video clips ever made.......wasn't this in '56 at the Ed Sullivan show grinning smiley

Play it load......................

Date: January 21, 2014 23:30

Grohl is in the same bush league as Kid Rock. I'm not saying he isn't a great guy. I'm just saying he's pretty lucky for be joke. Shows you that you can suck as a guitarist ans still be successful. Never met anyone that wanted to play like Grohl.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 21, 2014 23:33

Give Grohl a break. He worked hard for the lat 20 years on how to make that C chord.

Date: January 22, 2014 00:03

RockinJive
Grohl is in the same bush league as Kid Rock. I'm not saying he isn't a great guy. I'm just saying he's pretty lucky for be joke. Shows you that you can suck as a guitarist ans still be successful. Never met anyone that wanted to play like Grohl.
Because grohl is known as a great drummer

Date: January 22, 2014 02:17

Still can't forgive Grohl for his 'F**k Keith Richards' comment in the Lemmy doc.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: January 22, 2014 02:35

He does seem like a nice guy. That does not change the fact that he is shite. Never has someone got so far on so little.

Date: January 22, 2014 03:54

strat72
He does seem like a nice guy. That does not change the fact that he is shite. Never has someone got so far on so little.

so little.....lmao. some people on here get it and some clearly do not

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 22, 2014 04:18

[email protected]
Still can't forgive Grohl for his 'F**k Keith Richards' comment in the Lemmy doc.

Exactly! First he wants to "scare up the old farts like Jagger" [his own words] in his glory days with Nirvana, now he wants to suck up to them.

He's playing politics now, because he wants the title of Rock's Elder Statesman in the next 20 years.

Speaking of Keith, you didn't see him up onstage shaking Elton John's hand 3 years after slagging him off. Because some [like Grohl] choose politics, while others [like Keith] choose integrity.

And if Grohl doesn't really mean what he says, then why should we listen when he opens up his big mouth to talk?

Date: January 22, 2014 04:40

[email protected]

You don't know the whole story. First of all, as popular as the Foos are (not to mention Nirvana), Grohl has never had a big head/ego. He still goes to shows, he meets w/ the opening bands of Foo shows, meets, drinks and hangs out with the warmup band members, and in many cases becomes life long friends with them.

He explained his Stones disappointment, and I can't blame him. He said, in an interview way back, that when the Foos first opened for the Stones (I think '99, I went to see Foos / Stones) he was incredibly honored and couldn't wait to meet the band. I am not sure how many shows they played w/ the Stones, but his dream meeting never happened.

The Stones vans were sectioned off with no one allowed in, not even warm-up bands. The Stones never watched the warm-up bands, never introduced themselves, never allowed the warm-up bands special entrance or back stage etc. He never got to meet them. He said that he was "shocked and crushed". This was an actual interview that I saw long ago, which I thought was on youtube, but last I looked I couldn't find it.

Anyway, I was shocked that he did the SNL show a couple of years ago, considering how he was dissed ... playing w/ the Stones but that is actually the first chance he ever got to meet them, many years after his disappointing warmup gig. Knowing Grohl, he likely forgot about the past and probably has warmed up to Keith & the rest of them.

Date: January 22, 2014 04:43

More Hot Rocks
Give Grohl a break. He worked hard for the lat 20 years on how to make that C chord.

Yes, keep listening to the same Goats Head Soup album for 20+ years, no way that other bands can have great songs besides the Stones...

Date: January 22, 2014 05:01

<<He explained his Stones disappointment>>

He also said in the Lemmy doc that the only rock legend he ever wanted to meet was Little Richard, that he didn't care about meeting anyone else.

Regarding warm-up bands, it seems that Grohl is the only one who ever voiced such a complaint. The Stones never introduced themselves, because it appears that none of them, with the exception of Mick Jagger, even knew who they were. There was a funny interview during a B2B television special where Richards, Wood, and Watts were asked about the warm-up bands, and none of the three could name a single one of them. Ronnie almost named Blues Traveler--"Blues,... Blues something or other...."--then with the prompting of the interviewer saying "Traveler": "Blues Traveler! That's it!"

Posted by: erad ()
Date: January 22, 2014 06:38

Maybe if they had introduced themselves they would have known who they were. Just sayin'...

Date: January 22, 2014 06:41

Even if they did get to know the names of their opening musicians personally, they still wouldn't know their music from a hotel elevator--particularly Keith and Charlie.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: January 22, 2014 10:02

I'm happy that it's not all Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber at the Grammys.

And if there's anything I loved about Dave Grohl's work is Sound City, I absolutely loved it!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home