Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Charlie is My Darling - digital release
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 15, 2014 20:34

ABKCO Records will digitally release The Rolling Stones Live 1965: Music From Charlie is my Darling on January 21. The thirteen song set dates back to the breakthrough period of the Rolling Stones original lineup -- Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Brian Jones and Bill Wyman -- as chronicled in the critically acclaimed film Charlie is my Darling- Ireland 1965 -- and is in contention for Grammy recognition later this month.

A Super Deluxe edition of the film was released in 2012 that included companion audio CDs which resulted in a Grammy® nomination in the Best Historical Album category for Teri Landi, Andrew Loog Oldham and Steve Rosenthal, the compilation producers, along with mastering engineer Bob Ludwig. In honor of the nomination, ABKCO is offering a digital version of this limited CD release to fans everywhere.

The performances, as captured on Live 1965, provide fierce, elemental testimony to the Rolling Stones coming into their own as interpreters of blues-rooted material as well as to the emerging songwriting acumen of the Jagger/Richards team.

The thirteen tracks include “Everybody Needs Somebody To Love,” which Mick Jagger sang in tribute to the late Solomon Burke on the 2011 Grammy telecast, as well as Bobby Troup’s “Route 66,” Willie Dixon’s “Little Red Rooster” and “Pain In My Heart” written by Allan Toussaint and covered by Otis Redding. Other tracks include Don Ray’s boogie-woogie classic “Down The Road Apiece,” “Time Is On My Side,” the Jerry Ragovoy-penned standard that Irma Franklin first recorded and Hank Snow’s country burner “I’m Moving On.” Original material on The Rolling Stones: Live 1965 includes the rave up “I’m Alright,” collaboratively written by all five members of the band, Jagger/Richards’ “Off The Hook,” the studio version of which is on The Rolling Stones Now! and “The Last Time,” the band’s first British single to carry the Jagger/Richards credit line.

Live 1965: Music From Charlie is my Darling track listing:

1. Show intro
2. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
3. Pain In My Heart
4. Down The Road Apiece
5. Time Is On My Side
6. I’m Alright
7. Off The Hook
8. Charlie’s intro to Little Red Rooster
9. Little Red Rooster
10. Route 66
11. I’m Moving On
12. The Last Time
13. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (Finale)

[www.abkco.com]

Re: Charlie is My Darling - digital release
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 15, 2014 21:19

How about normal redbook CD?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 15, 2014 21:23

ironbelly
How about normal redbook CD?

thumbs up

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 15, 2014 22:26

This is because of the nomination? I'm sure if they win the Grammy, then they'll say because of overwhelming response, we're releasing this on limited edition CD which contains bonus tracks recently discovered!

Date: January 15, 2014 22:34

Didn't the DVD/Blu ray-Deluxe-Box CDs include more songs? I remember having read, that the studio recording of Going Home is part of the Boxset? Also other songs with Andrew Loog Oldham orchestra, which seem to be missing here. So it's appearently another album.

Date: January 15, 2014 22:44

StrawberriesBlueberries
Didn't the DVD/Blu ray-Deluxe-Box CDs include more songs? I remember having read, that the studio recording of Going Home is part of the Boxset? Also other songs with Andrew Loog Oldham orchestra, which seem to be missing here. So it's appearently another album.
There were 2 CDs in that Deluxe.
1 - so called sountrack
2 - live concert, that is equivalent to the upcoming digital edition.

I would like to have redbook CD alone with live material. I do not ask too much. I do not ask for heavy vinyl winking smiley

Date: January 15, 2014 22:45

StrawberriesBlueberries

This is the track listing for the soundtrack disc:

DISC 1 - SOUNDTRACK
1. Play With Fire - The Aranbee Pop Symphony Orchestra
2. Heart Of Stone - The Rolling Stones
3. Who Do You Like In The Group? - Peter Whitehead and Fans
4. The Last Time (Live) - The Rolling Stones
5. Time Is On My Side (Live) - The Rolling Stones
6. I´m Alright (Live) - The Rolling Stones
7. The Next House We´ll Turn The Screaming Down - Andrew Loog Oldham and Priest
8. Theme For A Rolling Stone - The Andrew Oldham Orchestra
9. Nice Tea - The Rolling Stones and Andrew Loog Oldham
10. Maybe It´s Because I´m A Londoner - ALO Productions
11. Play With Fire - The Rolling Stones
12. Tell Me - Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Andrew Oldham
13. Heart Of Stone - The Andrew Oldham Orchestra
14. Are You Going To The Show Tonight? - Peter Whitehead and Fans
15. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (Live) - The Rolling Stones
16. Pain In My Heart (Live) - The Rolling Stones
17. Blue Turns To Grey - The Andrew Oldham Orchestra
18. Subconsciously Supernatural - Mick Jagger and Andrew Oldham
19. (I Can´t Get No) Satisfaction - The Andrew Oldham Orchestra
20. The Moon In June - Mick Jagger
21. (I Can´t Get No) Satisfaction (Live) - The Rolling Stones
22. Going Home - The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 15, 2014 23:01

ROCKMAN

Date: January 15, 2014 23:11

My CD covers.

Date: January 15, 2014 23:36

ironbelly
StrawberriesBlueberries
There were 2 CDs in that Deluxe.
1 - so called sountrack
2 - live concert, that is equivalent to the upcoming digital edition.

I would like to have redbook CD alone with live material. I do not ask too much. I do not ask for heavy vinyl winking smiley

Okay thanks. When I saw this thread I was hoping, there would be a release of both discs outside of a boxset at a normal price (I'm not going to buy this boxset for over hundred Euros, I just want a normal two CD set without anything else). I somewhere online had listened into the discs from the boxset, when it came out, and I know, I liked the so called soundtrack, too. It had such a nice British, oldfashioned flair to my ears. "Limited" sounds expensive again, by the way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-15 23:47 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: January 16, 2014 07:38

Ah, Patience pays off. I wasn't going to spring for the pricey boxset, and now I can get the concert legally. I also didn't go rip it from somewhere.
T@3 = Happy.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 16, 2014 08:02

Too bad they couldn't have thrown in the IBC tracks, but hey, this should be a cool release. It was recorded good, right? Not that weird Got Live If You Want It mess?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 16, 2014 08:47

That's good. Of course, a proper CD release would be better, but it is good to have this great live album not only buried into some over-priced box (it is sad that collector's gems like these are used to sell these big boxes - but that's business, and the fate of hardcore fans these days).

- Doxa

Date: January 16, 2014 09:44

Very good news for all the fans who didn't buy the Charlie Is My Darling Deluxe! thumbs up

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 16, 2014 12:37

Great that it's getting a release of it's own! thumbs up

All is not what it seems on, but it's still a great album.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 16, 2014 12:53

DandelionPowderman
Very good news for all the fans who didn't buy the Charlie Is My Darling Deluxe! thumbs up

Well, not for this one. I'm still holding out for a CD.

Maybe someone who bought the deluxe edition in my area copied the CD to iTunes and sold it to one of the local second hand record shops.

Date: January 16, 2014 13:24

stonehearted
DandelionPowderman

Maybe someone who bought the deluxe edition in my area copied the CD to iTunes and sold it to one of the local second hand record shops.

That Charlie Is My Darling Deluxe was incredible cheap, imo, and the set had CDs included, as well as vinyl...

Date: January 16, 2014 13:30

£78 or so is not cheap for something that essentially amounts to one film and one collection of live recordings.

Date: January 16, 2014 13:36

His Majesty
£78 or so is not cheap for something that essentially amounts to one film and one collection of live recordings.

I paid way, way less. Don't remember exactly, but it can't have been more than £40...

Date: January 16, 2014 13:41

The film on it's own and the live recordings on their own would be betterer for all. grinning smiley

Date: January 16, 2014 13:45

No doubt about that, but my point was that this release wasn't as hilariously priced as the other Deluxe-releases the Stones have emptied our pockets with the last couple of years...

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 16, 2014 13:59

I can't remember exactly how much I've paid for this box set, but it was twice the price on the website where I bought it, because I had to pay the taxes and shipping. sad smiley

And I saw this and this today on Amazon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-16 14:07 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: January 16, 2014 14:33

DandelionPowderman
No doubt about that, but my point was that this release wasn't as hilariously priced as the other Deluxe-releases the Stones have emptied our pockets with the last couple of years...
Are you sure?

CIMD never went below 80 Euros (at least this is the lowest price I saw), unlike GRRR! from amazon.de for something like 40 Euros or SSS from amazon.it for 22Euros or so.

Date: January 16, 2014 14:35

stonehearted

They don't come with a case or cover though, just tucked in slots in the box set.

Date: January 16, 2014 14:36

ironbelly
DandelionPowderman
Are you sure?

CIMD never went below 80 Euros (at least this is the lowest price I saw), unlike GRRR! from amazon.de for something like 40 Euros or SSS from amazon.it for 22Euros or so.

I'm not sure, but that's how I remember it. Will check, even though it's some time ago now...

EDIT: Checked the price now: $71.99. Round £47

(+ $7 for shipment costs)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-16 14:41 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: January 16, 2014 14:44

^ Then there's possible custom fee's.

Posted by: AP ()
Date: January 16, 2014 14:45

I got the Deluxe box last October from amazon.co.uk for £48.93 + shipping.

Date: January 16, 2014 14:45

His Majesty
^ Then there's possible custom fee's.

Shhh winking smiley

Posted by: bobcat ()
Date: January 16, 2014 18:56

No CD, no deal

Date: January 16, 2014 19:48

There are two cds in the set.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1393
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home