Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What will you do this summer?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 8, 2014 17:03

So most people talk about vacation and have plans for the summer at this stage. May be a package holiday to Greece or the Canary Islands? May be a family party in June? Not really?

Have you been telling your partner, family and friends that it would be nice to visit Europe this summer? And that you are not sure which country to visit yet, but you think you will be more clear about that later this spring?

Well if you live in Germany or The Netherlands then may be you don't need to travel at all, but may be you have booked the holiday in Spain in the week something else is happening back home. Tough days!

PS. IORR news about the European Tour 2014: [www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-08 23:29 by bv.

Re: What will you do this summer?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 8, 2014 17:25

> What will you do this summer? <

Hopefully attend as many Stones-concerts in Europe as we can ..... smiling smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: January 8, 2014 17:42

oops

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-08 17:51 by MingSubu.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: January 8, 2014 17:48

bv
Well if you live in Germany or The Netherlands then may be you don't need to travel at all, but may be you have booked the holiday in Spain in the week something else is happening back home. Tough days!

smiling smiley Thanx bv. Will tell my family that we should stay at home this summer

Posted by: belld ()
Date: January 8, 2014 18:02

Where in the Netherlands and Germany would you recommend BV?
Next clue Sherlock please.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-08 18:04 by belld.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: January 8, 2014 18:06

Bv any news about Milan this summer as I might get free accommodation and maybe pop in to Tuscany to see mum and dadhot smiley

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: January 8, 2014 18:08

My crystal ball sees a ZiggoDome in their future

Date: January 8, 2014 18:20

I think it is fair to say that you should keep the summer clear i.e. no big family parties planned. You don't want to tell family and friends that you want to spend some own time in Europe... Well bring your better half, but they would probably not be interested in stalking hotels and waiting outside a venue in sunshine (or rain) all day for great seats.

There is no fixed schedule right now. It is all up for bids. If you asked Mick or Keith they probably don't have a list of shows to confirm yet. But we will know later this spring. Just keep your calendar flexible or free. There will be 14 or more shows in Europe this summer...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: January 8, 2014 18:22

Well, I'd love to go over to Scotland again and possibly vist the west coast of Ireland this time, but I think I'll have to put that off for another year. Just have to bide my time hanging out in Lake George, NY, which is just a "stones throw" away from me, and such a beautiful lake it is. Hoping they'll have some good concerts at Saratoga Performing Arts Center, as well. So that's my bit of excitement for this summer!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 8, 2014 18:24

There will be 14 or more shows in Europe this summer...

and then, in the fall??? smiling smiley

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: January 8, 2014 18:32

Summer plans in January?

I can barley afford to travel within my own state much less around the country and the world!? Is it just me or is everyone else here independently wealthy with unlimited vacation time?

Date: January 8, 2014 18:48

Here we go again. How much times did it happen? You know, the "Darling, i can't tell you more but i can't plan vacations this summer....".
Do you know a good lawyer BV?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-08 18:51 by Jumpinjackflash59.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 8, 2014 18:53

In sleepy London town there IS a place for a rock'n'roll band!!!!

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: January 8, 2014 18:57

They need to come back to the USA

Date: January 8, 2014 19:14

London, Milan or both? Choices, choices, choices.......So far only Neil Young has been confirmed as a headline for BST in Hyde Park this summer........cool smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 8, 2014 19:37

michaelsavage

You had your share.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: January 8, 2014 20:05

michaelsavage

Yes I agree with you. I wish they will stay far from Europe. I don't need tentation. smoking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 8, 2014 20:07

bv
I think it is fair to say that you should keep the summer clear i.e. no big family parties planned. You don't want to tell family and friends that you want to spend some own time in Europe... Well bring your better half, but they would probably not be interested in stalking hotels and waiting outside a venue in sunshine (or rain) all day for great seats.

There is no fixed schedule right now. It is all up for bids. If you asked Mick or Keith they probably don't have a list of shows to confirm yet. But we will know later this spring. Just keep your calendar flexible or free. There will be 14 or more shows in Europe this summer...

That's all I needed to know ......... I'll probably see you at all of them !! hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: January 8, 2014 20:09

paulywaul
bv

That's all I needed to know ......... I'll probably see you at all of them !! hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

O yeah, and in Israel too hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: January 8, 2014 20:10

lettingitbleed
Summer plans in January?

I can barley afford to travel within my own state much less around the country and the world!? Is it just me or is everyone else here independently wealthy with unlimited vacation time?

And does everybody else here cheerfully cancel all family and social obligations the minute a Stones-related event appears on the horizon?

Oh well, I guess we just aren't Real Fans.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: January 8, 2014 20:16

Sit by my pool with a beer smileys with beer

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 8, 2014 20:18

That Europe gets as many shows as the "FAR EAST" tour (or a little more) is new in history. But finally they will come to Europe and I live in Germany so it'll be a pretty good summer for me this year smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-08 20:19 by Stonesfan2146.

Date: January 8, 2014 20:31

That is what I am trying to say... I have been saying this for more than a year now. Time is short. The "100 shows per tour" era is over. Now we are down to 14-18 shows per segment. The segments are North America,. Far East & Down Under, Europe, Rest of the World and so on. MKCR do not get any younger as the years go by. May be they will do this in 2018 as well, but please do not count on it.

Also, they want to perform in front of new crowds. Abu Dhabi, Macao, Perth, Tel Aviv, Reykjavik, Trondheim, these are all cities they would like to perform at if they got an offer that fit into the schedule. Why? Because just like you and me, they are normal people. They want change, new opportunies, and so on. I mean, how exciting is it to perform at Hockenheim or Werchter? I mean you get a massive crowd but no new fans...

There will be some new cities and some old solid places on the Europe Summer Tour. There will not be a whole lot but anyone do know it takes just an hour or tow to move around in Central West Europe. The train takes just an hour from Paris to Brussels, while it takes five - 5 - hours to fly from Perth to Brisbane.

Stall family plans. Plan your Stones summer if you live in Europe. It will be the best summer in ages!

Bjornulf

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: January 8, 2014 20:32

Hope summer doesn't mean "august".... I 'd have some troubles with my family- holidays....

Date: January 8, 2014 20:50

Depending on a few unknown factor might have a short holiday in autumn. So hopefully should be able to catch a concert or max twotongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-08 21:04 by desertblues68.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: January 8, 2014 20:58

Reykjavik? There are rumors about it?

Date: January 8, 2014 21:00

Green Lady
lettingitbleed
Summer plans in January?

And does everybody else here cheerfully cancel all family and social obligations the minute a Stones-related event appears on the horizon?

Oh well, I guess we just aren't Real Fans.

Spare us the "sour grapes" and the "we aren't real fans" load of total bollocks. Some of us (would you believe) have somewhat "unconventional" careers that (a) require us to disappear off the face of the earth for weeks at a time, and then (b) conversely - enable us once in awhile to tell our respective employers that the Rolling Stones are playing and that with all due respect - they can take their "next project" and shove it far up a place where the sun doesn't shine !!

Put the green eyed monster to bed will you ? Thank you ........ and btw, have you ever heard of "self employment" ??????????????

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 8, 2014 21:02

andrea66
Hope summer doesn't mean "august".... I 'd have some troubles with my family- holidays....

Looks like they start in June and went on in July. But could be May/June too like last year.
Would be interesting if they plan Hyde Park again (because it seems like Mick liked it a lot) or something other special to close the Europe tour up.

There were also talks about a "Fall tour" last year with Miami, Houston...
Unfortunately it don't looks like it will happen.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-08 21:07 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 8, 2014 21:06

My wife and I are planning on going to Italy. cool smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 8, 2014 21:12

bv
Plan your Stones summer if you live in Europe.

Usually I don't take orders. But this is one that I will gladly follow smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1746
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home