Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: ONLY TODAY: iTunes 3 audio tracks from Sweet Summer Sun for FREE! Incl. BEAST OF BURDEN!!!
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 6, 2014 00:31

NICOS
I don't hate Apple because I don't know any think about it.....but I know itunes and I will never ever will install that on my computer again.

thumbs up

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Re: ONLY TODAY: iTunes 3 audio tracks from Sweet Summer Sun for FREE! Incl. BEAST OF BURDEN!!!
Date: January 6, 2014 00:36

Thanks! I'm listening to it right now.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: January 6, 2014 00:36

Will you give it a rest, Deltics?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 6, 2014 00:40

Bastion
Will you give it a rest, Deltics?

Tee Hee!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: January 6, 2014 02:11

Great version of Beast Of Burden, among the best of the Hyde Park shows.

Posted by: Sir Oliver ()
Date: January 6, 2014 02:30

georgelicks
Great version of Beast Of Burden, among the best of the Hyde Park shows.

That´s true. Still wondering why it was not initially included in any of the other SSS releases so far. Now we just need to find a lossless version (and maybe the video) :-)

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 6, 2014 02:55

Thanks go to YOU, kind Sir Oliver, from this BEAST (of Burden) spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 6, 2014 03:12

as its mpeg-4 format, isnt that lossless?

Plus, when I went to i tunes to download it, the release date appears to be 1st January.

If so, its amazing that none of the Stones' official sites even mentioned this offer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-06 03:33 by Gazza.

Date: January 6, 2014 03:38

Gazza
as its mpeg-4 format, isnt that lossless?

m4a-container files could be Apple Lossless files. m4a is for the MP4 container. Apple Lossless is a codec. The MP4 container could also carry a lossy codec like AAC.
In this case the Codec is MPEG AAC Audio Codec (you can check this with i.e. VLC -> Tools -> media information) - so unfortunately it´s not lossless. The files also files look too small with only about 10MB and with a bitrate of ~280-300 kBit/s. They would be ~ twice the size if lossless.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-06 03:51 by Sir Oliver.

Date: January 6, 2014 03:41

Gazza
Plus, when I went to i tunes to download it, the release date appears to be 1st January.

If so, its amazing that none of the Stones' official sites even mentioned this offer.

Yes, I was surprised that there was NOTHING on any of these channels.
That´s why I posted it here!
I mean they post pointless old videos every other day on facebook etc., but when there is some really "new" unreleased stuff they don´t even mention it...

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 6, 2014 03:59

Appreciate the heads-up, many thanks.

Interesting Frequency Response on these, they're nice & smooth, virtually horizontal, to over 21 kHz, none of the 16kHz brickwall you find with mp3s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-06 03:59 by vox12string.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 6, 2014 05:09

Thanks for the tip. Downloading now in the US.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: January 6, 2014 05:34

Forgive me if this has been asked already. Are Tumbling Dice and Doom & Gloom different from the Hyde Park Live album?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: January 6, 2014 06:22

Yay!! Thanks!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 6, 2014 06:48

My complaint is that this is only for UK residents. At least, in Brazil I couldn't download this.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 6, 2014 07:11

I downloaded it in the US. That sucks if it's not available in Brazil.

(If you make yourself unhidden I could help out. winking smiley )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-06 07:28 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: January 6, 2014 08:36

Just downloaded it (having had to reset password, etc, as usual). Thanks for the info.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: January 6, 2014 08:39

Great to have Beast of Burden at least and the best thing is that it's free.

Tumbling Dice and Doom & Gloom are the same recording as on the iTunes download in July and on the official CD release (both recorded on July 6th). However the July 13th versions appear on the live DVD of Sweet Summer Sun (TD of course only in Japan).

Date: January 6, 2014 10:22

Cristiano Radtke
My complaint is that this is only for UK residents. At least, in Brazil I couldn't download this.

Seems to be available in Brazil as well - also for free:

[itunes.apple.com]

If your country is not listed just change the link with your countries abbreviation (US,EN,DE,AT etc) of your countries Apple iTunes store (or just search in iTunes on your local PC/MAC). Good luck!

I´ve added a couple of links in the first post.

Date: January 6, 2014 10:24

It's amazing that people complain about iTunes seemingly without knowing what it is.

In this case, you can install the player for free, and listen to BOB. If you don't like the music player, you can delete the software but you can still keep the soundfile to play it on Windows Media Player, Winamp or whatever player you prefer.

So, what is it to complain about exactly?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-06 11:37 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 6, 2014 11:30

Thanks, just downloaded BoB directly using iTunes on my iPhone (not a big fan of the iTunes "bloatware" either, especially on my trusty old IBM laptop).

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: January 6, 2014 11:59

Downloaded it now, and just as I remembered from the show it's a really nice version.

Keith is a little rough in the beginning, but he plays beautifully throughout. I don't think I've heard Mick sing this one better on stage before thumbs up

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: January 6, 2014 14:49

They say it would be "video" on twitter and facebook. Here in Germany there's only audio...did some country get video?

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 6, 2014 15:21

Karlos123
They say it would be "video" on twitter and facebook. Here in Germany there's only audio...did some country get video?

In Holland also only audio

Date: January 6, 2014 15:48

Only audio in Norway, as far as I can tell...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-06 16:09 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 6, 2014 15:51

Very nice surprise. Sounds good to my ears. Hope they will find a way to release Bitch.

Date: January 6, 2014 16:10

You sure you wanna hear Bitch? I was there, and it was a trainwreck much because of Clarke...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 6, 2014 18:28

Yes, I was there too but still wouldn't mind having it. Maybe they could fix it like the intro to SMUwinking smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 6, 2014 19:33

DandelionPowderman
It's amazing that people complain about iTunes seemingly without knowing what it is.

In this case, you can install the player for free, and listen to BOB. If you don't like the music player, you can delete the software but you can still keep the soundfile to play it on Windows Media Player, Winamp or whatever player you prefer.

So, what is it to complain about exactly?

Yeah, WHAT EXACTLY?

First, you have to d/l and install this iTunes software...which is all over the PC afterwards. Then you have to create an AppleID. OK, fair enough. But even then you're still not able to download these free songs!!! Oh no, they require full adress and CREDIT CARD DETAILS for a FREE DOWNLOAD! How cool is that? And if they get that, what's next? Do they require a picture of my naked bum to verify my identity?

Regardless, a good promotion works quite differently - gimme the FREE songs first and then let me decide if the service is ok and if you can have my credit card details for possible future purchases!!! But full adress and credit card details for a FREE download? No. No. No. Keep your Beast Of Burden and stick it exactly to where this brown stinky substance leaves the human body.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to get rid of this excessive Apple software.

And to all those whoe were brave enough - enjoy your Hyde Park Beast. I'll listen to Handsome Girls in the meantime to get over this!

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: January 6, 2014 19:49

Can someone send BOB itunes does not work for me nicolasvennitti0@gmail.com

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home