Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Shanghai Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 25, 2014 19:34

drbryant
Well, China has the death penalty for theft, but only for repeat offenders or embezzlement from state owned enterprises. If it's your first offense, then probably just a few years in prison.

Well on second thoughts .......... I think I might perhaps refrain from chair trashing or theft

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 25, 2014 20:35

Seats in the pit?? I am sure the government will ban certain songs like they did last time , I just wonder if they will be the same songs. This may turn out to be one of the strangest shows of the tour if nothing else.

Date: January 25, 2014 20:47

kahoosier
Seats in the pit?? I am sure the government will ban certain songs like they did last time , I just wonder if they will be the same songs. This may turn out to be one of the strangest shows of the tour if nothing else.

It's ALREADY turning out to be very strange, just the entire business of actually procuring a ticket for the bloody thang !! Heaven knows how much stranger it yet has to get ............ seats in the pit, the likelihood of 25 years hard labour for not sitting in the afore-mentioned seat - or maybe even death by firing squad for not only not sitting in it, but also trashing it ............... boy o boy this is gonna be a CLASSIC !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-25 20:48 by paulywaul.

Posted by: glshanghai ()
Date: January 26, 2014 06:31

my tickets show row 8 - seat 24 - 28
looks like the seats are at the side - easier to to the front from there

Date: January 26, 2014 10:30

glshanghai
my tickets show row 8 - seat 24 - 28
looks like the seats are at the side - easier to the front from there

I don't suppose there's a seating plan or diagram (anything in fact) that actually shows how seats are arranged in the pit, it all seems very bizarre. Do we know how many rows there are, how many seats in each row, what the numbering is ? I'm just trying to visualise this .... and not really succeeding to be honest.

I'm hoping that on the day they'll simply have come to their senses and removed seats and the pit will be the pit as we know it, but it's distinctly possible also that this won't be the case .........

.......... in which case, O S**T !!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-26 10:31 by paulywaul.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 26, 2014 21:25

Oh I would be MEGA pissed to pay a small fortune for a PIT ticket, especially if it was package price, then get there and find out I was in row 8! If there are seats in the pit, there will not be much room for jockeying around, it is not a huge area! And then bugger, when the guys are walking the tongue , it will not be an easy case of just turning around! Unreal.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 26, 2014 22:07

Exactly!!

It could be that the rows and seat numbers are for inventory purposes only and nothing more (desperately clutching at straws here)...

Date: January 26, 2014 23:46

kahoosier
Oh I would be MEGA pissed to pay a small fortune for a PIT ticket, especially if it was package price, then get there and find out I was in row 8! If there are seats in the pit, there will not be much room for jockeying around, it is not a huge area! And then bugger, when the guys are walking the tongue , it will not be an easy case of just turning around! Unreal.

Where's a cliff when you need one .......... I suddenly wish to hurl myself off a very tall one !! winking smiley

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: January 27, 2014 08:29

Got my 2880 yuan tic today in Beijing. But I'm seriously considering selling it... I have a bad conscience about spending a small fortune on a ticket that is so overpriced. And I already got a tic for Macau... I'll sleep on it... I'm a huge Stones fan, but...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-27 10:55 by frenki09.

Date: January 27, 2014 13:54

frenki09
Got my 2880 yuan tic today in Beijing. But I'm seriously considering selling it... I have a bad conscience about spending a small fortune on a ticket that is so overpriced. And I already got a tic for Macau... I'll sleep on it... I'm a huge Stones fan, but...

Well you should have tried buying a Shanghai pit ticket if you want to feel REALLY bad, that's the single most expensive RS ticket I've bought in my life to date. Bloody outrageous, 8880 RMB ..... or a cool £GBP 880 !!

YOWCH !!

Date: January 28, 2014 03:54

paulywaul
frenki09

Well you should have tried buying a Shanghai pit ticket if you want to feel REALLY bad, that's the single most expensive RS ticket I've bought in my life to date. Bloody outrageous, 8880 RMB ..... or a cool £GBP 880 !!

YOWCH !!

Well... Compared to the 8880 ticket mine sounds like a bargain, doesn't it? In my world, it is really irresponsible to spend 8880 to see any concert. I couldn't believe my eyes when -- at the very moment they started selling tix -- I saw how much those tickets are. Outrageous. I said this before, but I'll say it again: nothing justifies these prices! The Stones will indeed say goodbye to the fans with the biggest bang! Even scalpers couldn't care less: all tickets are still available a week after they started selling them. (Only the cheapest – 480 -- tix sold out.) It’s a low point in Stones history? Until now I was the most dedicated fan ever, but my world has been turned upside-down: shaken, not stirred.

Date: January 28, 2014 04:00

Hey, paulywaul! How many Stones concerts have you seen? Just wondering if the Shanghai pit tickets are the most expensive ever. (Prices by scalpers excluded.) Anybody else? Is the 8880 ticket the most expensive ever for a Stones concert?

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: January 28, 2014 04:09

NY show Tongue Pit VIP ticket was 1800USD in 2012.eye popping smiley

It was not a seat ticket tho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-28 04:11 by a bigger nut.

Date: January 28, 2014 04:13

a bigger nut
NY show Tongue Pit VIP ticket was 1800USD in 2012.eye popping smiley

It was not a seat ticket tho.

Officially via the ticketing agency?! Wow. So that's the winner so far, and Shanghai comes in at #2. What did you get for your 1800 bucks?

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: January 28, 2014 05:24

Yep. I got it from ticketmaster.com. Then Japanese Yen was historically strong.smiling smiley
VIP ticket includes early entry to the pit and some cheap merchandise items.
I am not sure but London show at O2 Arena in 2012 might be almost same value.

In Japan, last year's Paul Mcartney Tokyo Dome show hits record high 90000JPY(approx 900USD).
Most expensive ticket of "14 On Fire" at Tokyo Dome is 80000JPY(800USD).

Date: January 28, 2014 07:19

a bigger nut
Yep. I got it from ticketmaster.com. Then Japanese Yen was historically strong.smiling smiley
VIP ticket includes early entry to the pit and some cheap merchandise items.
I am not sure but London show at O2 Arena in 2012 might be almost same value.

In Japan, last year's Paul Mcartney Tokyo Dome show hits record high 90000JPY(approx 900USD).
Most expensive ticket of "14 On Fire" at Tokyo Dome is 80000JPY(800USD).

Thanks bigger nut! Really interesting info...

Date: January 28, 2014 09:50

frenki09
Hey, paulywaul! How many Stones concerts have you seen? Just wondering if the Shanghai pit tickets are the most expensive ever. (Prices by scalpers excluded.) Anybody else? Is the 8880 ticket the most expensive ever for a Stones concert?

Yes, the Shanghai pit ticket is the most costly at face value in my experience to date.

I resort to scalpers very rarely, and if I do - it's inevitably a last minute job and at the point where they're getting desperate to sell. I saw the two O2 shows in November 2012 and the three NY/NJ ones in December 2012, the only one for which I resorted to the secondary market was the Brooklyn show - because I really wanted to be in the pit for that one. It wasn't too bad I suppose, it cost me USD$1300 from STUBHUB including all their rip-off fees, and I bought it probably 3-4 days before the show, just as prices were falling - but before they started to rise again in the last 12 to 24 hours before the show ................ timing is everything when you're dealing with scalpers and trying to figure out exactly when the best time to buy is.

Date: January 28, 2014 20:11

[www.smartshanghai.com]

Boy o boy, this is sure selling well, isn't it ? winking smiley Every single price category except the very cheapest is still available.

Are we sure they're actually going to go ahead with this show, or is it likely they'll abruptly cancel it due to lacklustre ticket sales ..... ? Unless sales pick up somewhat dramatically, I wouldn't be altogether surprised .....

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 28, 2014 20:13

You don't now if 1% or 10% or 99% of the other tickets are sold. You just can see that there are still some available. winking smiley

Date: January 28, 2014 20:21

Stonesfan2146
You don't now if 1% or 10% or 99% of the other tickets are sold. You just can see that there are still some available. winking smiley

Well that's true, but I'm essentially comparing it to this, the Macau show ........

[www.cotaiticketing.com]

....... where every single category except the most expensive appears to be sold out !

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 28, 2014 20:31

yeah, I was looking on the Macau tickets a few times and was pretty amazed that this concert is nearly sold out. The prices are just too high in Shanghai. They will have to drop them dramatically if they want to play to a sold-out crowd...

Date: January 28, 2014 20:32

Stonesfan2146
yeah, I was looking on the Macau tickets a few times and was pretty amazed that this concert is nearly sold out. The prices are just too high in Shanghai. They will have to drop them dramatically if they want to play to a sold-out crowd...

thumbs up

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 28, 2014 20:41

Can't help but agree with this comment from Time Out Shanghai:

"My god, look at those Stones ticket prices, staggering. Are there enough rich Chinese or foreign expats to buy the 3,000 tickets priced between RMB2,880 and 8,880? Have these tickets been guaranteed by faceless corporate people who have no knowledge of the Stones but want to flash the cash? According to the seating chart provided by the ticket agency only the RMB480 and RMB1,280 ticket ranges have sold out and they only account for 1,000 tickets. Will the show sell-out?"

[www.timeoutshanghai.com]

Date: January 29, 2014 00:11

Beast

"My god, look at those Stones ticket prices, staggering. Are there enough rich Chinese or foreign expats to buy the 3,000 tickets priced between RMB2,880 and 8,880? Have these tickets been guaranteed by faceless corporate people who have no knowledge of the Stones but want to flash the cash? According to the seating chart provided by the ticket agency only the RMB480 and RMB1,280 ticket ranges have sold out and they only account for 1,000 tickets. Will the show sell-out?"

Yup, can't disagree with that !!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 29, 2014 04:51

Macau was very reasonably priced, and online ticketing was a breeze. Pit tickets were less than $400 and they were available for a while during the presale as I recall. I am not surprised it's sold out.

Shanghai, in addition to being impossible to figure out how to buy tickets from overseas, is terribly overpriced. At the end of the day, I'm sure they'll figure out how to fill the place, but it appears to be the poorest selling show I can recall. I suspect they'll need to drop those prices somehow.

Date: January 29, 2014 05:36

drbryant
Macau was very reasonably priced, and online ticketing was a breeze. Pit tickets were less than $400 and they were available for a while during the presale as I recall. I am not surprised it's sold out.

Shanghai, in addition to being impossible to figure out how to buy tickets from overseas, is terribly overpriced. At the end of the day, I'm sure they'll figure out how to fill the place, but it appears to be the poorest selling show I can recall. I suspect they'll need to drop those prices somehow.

Yup, only wish I'd realised at that time that I was going to have the time off work and be able to attend, I'd have grabbed one. And so now instead it's the waiting game (for prices to drop) with Viagogo and the others ........ o well !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-29 05:45 by paulywaul.

Date: January 29, 2014 06:19

Well... My original plan was grabbing a pit tic for Shanghai, and enjoy the show. Had no plans to go to Macau. But then I a few days after they started selling the tickets I saw that they still have good seats available, so I decided to buy one. And then came Shanghai... And there was no way I could afford a pit ticket... So there I was. I could have easily bought a pit ticket for Macau, but I was saving it for Shanghai... Thanks Brenda for messing my plans up. Who would have thought that they will come up with record breaking prices... (I didn't see The Stones during the 50 & Counting tour last year, so this will be the first time.) Oh, and I will not tell mama how much I spent on the two tickets. She'd have a heart attack.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-29 06:22 by frenki09.

Date: January 29, 2014 06:31

Beast

The 1280 tix have not yet sold out... Only the cheapest ones (480).

Date: January 29, 2014 06:42

kahoosier
OK now I can tell you what I had to delete before when people panicked. The pisser is that like last time, tickets for Shanghai actually went on sale tow days before the OFFICIAL date. Some people have known they had a confirmed pit ticket two days ahead of the sale I posted that and was asked/begged/cajoled into removing the info before scalpers descended. The cheap seats are gone, but I have a feeling the Shanghai show will be an easy score IF you can get there. I am surprised at the prices though.

Hi, kahoosier! Still it would be interesting to get some answers for the questions I posted a while ago... Or u want me to e-mail u?

You mean confirmed pit tickets for the price of one of three VIP packages (8880, 5880, 3880)? Why would they do that? I mean why start selling tix two days ahead and not tell anyone? What is the idea behind that? Who bought those tickets that went on sale two days ahead if nobody knew about it (except you, perhaps)? Did you get a pit ticket for yourself two days ahead? For how much? And why would they let you post your msg now? You have the feeling that Shanghai will be an easy score? Why?

Posted by: dooomandglooom ()
Date: January 29, 2014 07:35

I live in outside of China.
I was told to pay via Western Union by Damai.
And I paid and let him know, but any reaction doesn't come back.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home