Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Singapore Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: February 14, 2014 02:06

I am seriously thinking about doing Singapore. Coming from NYC, I might as well hit Shanghai since I'd have come so far. Do you guys just call the airline and have them arrange the multiple stops?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 14, 2014 02:07

firebird
Could that be a corporate event for the tour sponsor? With some tickets on public sale to get the rock show feeling by bringing in some real fans.

From the pictures i found on the internet i would say that ballroom has a capacity no more than 2000. Also the 90 minute time frame reminds me of the Deutsche Bank show in 2007.

From the sistic website:

presented by Prudential and Eastspring Investments will be performing live at Marina Bay Sands in the most intimate concert of their Asian tour!

The capacity seems to be around 11,000.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: February 14, 2014 02:24

Beast
The capacity seems to be around 11,000.

You are right. I just noticed that the Grand Ballroom can be configured into 16 separate rooms, i guess thats what i saw on the pictures.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: February 14, 2014 04:06

I keep getting the run around on the damned site angry smiley Says tix on sale now but.....

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 14, 2014 04:08

No pit minimum standing at sides of the stage, $500 to watch Lisa's backside it looks like winking smiley 7 minutes in even though Im signed into my account cant get thru.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: February 14, 2014 04:09

Got in at 10.01am Sing time - couldn't get better than Row S....

Date: February 14, 2014 04:10

Got 2 you could sell, thecitadel???

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: February 14, 2014 04:14

sorry just the two I need!

Date: February 14, 2014 04:18

18 minutes in and i am in and all the front blocks are sold out sad smiley(

Date: February 14, 2014 04:18

Bummer....I still can't on the d*&$^ site! This is frustrating.

Date: February 14, 2014 04:44

Finally got one...got 2 tix but system wouldnt accept my US billing address for the cc...angry smiley

So, anyone with 2 spare to sell, let me know please.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: February 14, 2014 04:47

Just curious... Did anybody get a ticket for the green section (two sides of the stage)? I wasn't going to buy one, but I'm curious how on Earth did the tickets sell out by 10.01. 1 minute after they started selling them!!! With introducing the queuing system it's hard to believe that all good seats were gone by 10.01...

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 14, 2014 04:48

Man what a frustrating site to use! After 2 failed attempts where I had tickets reserved only to see the timer time out and lose them I finally scored a ticket in section 205 so pretty far back but at least I am in the building. And StonesAsia I am in the U.S. and used a U.S. billing address and it worked for me.smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-14 04:54 by oldschool.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 14, 2014 04:50

Yeah looks like things have changed a lot with sistic since 2004. Used to be a great site, and totally fair. Looks like the greed factor has caught up.

Date: February 14, 2014 04:54

Totally frustrating trying to get these tix...AD & Tokyo were child's play..anyway, I'm in the market for 2. If anyone can help a bro out, drop me a line. I'll buy you a beer or 12 in SG. smileys with beer

Posted by: craylord ()
Date: February 14, 2014 05:07

After booking tickets and typing in the AMEX Safekey, no booking in booking history and no confirmation for the tickets. Credit card debited....Started the whole procedure again with exactly the same result. Now I have 4x 550 $ debited and no confirmation for any tickets...very disappointing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-14 05:08 by craylord.

Date: February 14, 2014 05:11

I was at one point given the chance to stand at the side ofr the stage , KR side, RW's were never available, I clicked on wondering what it would be like to watch the horn players from behind for the 90 minutes they say the show uill last, and got an "error" message. An hour into it and they are completely sold out.I guess I am content that I at least tried.

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: February 14, 2014 05:13

I just went to the most awful experience of my life in terms of buying (trying to buy) Stones tickets.
So far my Amex has been charged twice for three tix and NO confirmation. The site has not confirmed anything so I feel I now will have to claim pay back to Amex and end ip with no tix.
UNBELIEVABLE INCOMPETENCE AND LOUSY SYSTEM.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 14, 2014 05:13

I was able to get the standing tix. I decided to take a chance even though they look like the might be way over on the side. I bought them from the marinabaysandspackages.com site. It cost me about $120 extra for a dinner, so overall, I thought it was a good deal.

It looks like tickets are still available there, so you might try.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 14, 2014 05:27

Folks if you are not living in Singapore, you have to wait a bit for your credit card to show the charge. At least it was that way for me for other shows I have seen there when I used my US credit card.

Date: February 14, 2014 05:50

I have alert system on my Amex so I got two mail showing I was debited two times for 3 standing tix (so total 6) but never got confirmation of the the web site.
Of course the hotline is busy and I still wait for email answer.

Date: February 14, 2014 05:52

The system said my billing address was invalid...and I tried twice. I'm in Vietnam but I don't think that has anything to do with it. Didn't have trouble with AD or Tokyo tix....just put a sour taste in my mouth. Just hope I'm not left with dealing with scalpers angry smiley

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 14, 2014 06:06

whitem8
Folks if you are not living in Singapore, you have to wait a bit for your credit card to show the charge. At least it was that way for me for other shows I have seen there when I used my US credit card.

Strange as my Visa showed an instant charge and I got an instant confirmation?

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: February 14, 2014 06:15

Singapore Tickets Commercial

Date: February 14, 2014 06:18

StonedAsia
The system said my billing address was invalid...and I tried twice. I'm in Vietnam but I don't think that has anything to do with it. Didn't have trouble with AD or Tokyo tix....just put a sour taste in my mouth. Just hope I'm not left with dealing with scalpers angry smiley

Sour taste it is!!!! How unprofessional are these people?? I'm charged twice on Amex and have no tix confirmation.

Date: February 14, 2014 07:07

By the way Stonedasia, I'm also in Vietnam, also going to AD (+ tokyo pending and Macau confirmed).

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: February 14, 2014 07:19

drbryant
I was able to get the standing tix. I decided to take a chance even though they look like the might be way over on the side. I bought them from the marinabaysandspackages.com site. It cost me about $120 extra for a dinner, so overall, I thought it was a good deal.

It looks like tickets are still available there, so you might try.

Hey! You are pretty good at this! So this is where most of the standing tix ended up! And they are still available except for the package with the gift bag.

However, this is slightly unusual. Who would have thought of checking the venue's site. And I wonder when they started selling tix there. It would have been nice if The Stones website pointed this out. (The fact that the venue itself is also selling tix.)

Why does buying a ticket has to be such a frustrating experience??????? Is this the first time they are doing this???

Posted by: FarEastMan ()
Date: February 14, 2014 08:46

Well... it is 13:35 here in Thailand and 14:35 in Singapore. As far as I can say... the more than messy "ticket-website sisticyawning smiley" shows now just "UNAVAILABLE". So I guess it is sold out and I would not wonder when this is really the show for the sponsors and only a few tickets were on sale. The packages sold by Marinasands.com are also gone. Luckily I have a ticket for Macau.
>grinning smiley<
I am still counting on a certain travelagency in Bangkok to offer a package as the did for Macau.
smileys with beer

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 14, 2014 08:50

Grichka
By the way Stonedasia, I'm also in Vietnam, also going to AD (+ tokyo pending and Macau confirmed).

3rd person in Vietnam here - are you guys in HCMC? Want to meet up?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 14, 2014 09:45

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home