Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 54
Re: Mick Jagger: Man of many hats
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 14, 2017 04:13

Re: My Fav Mick Jagger pic ever!
Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: January 14, 2017 16:37

peoplewitheyes
Where were those Black and Blue cover photos taken? In my teens listening to that album I always felt it sounded kind of sultry and tropical, like the ocean in the background.

I am still surprised that it was recorded in Germany!

Florida, early 1976

Date: January 19, 2017 02:54

Date: January 29, 2017 20:11

Date: February 3, 2017 07:25

Date: February 11, 2017 03:09

Date: February 12, 2017 01:31

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 12, 2017 01:39

^^^^^^^^ ....OOOOWWWW wow lookin Glimmer good !! ...Ain't seen that one before ...nice find storkeeee

ROCKMAN

Posted by: hypnohighball ()
Date: February 14, 2017 05:36

mighty stork

Never seen this one - the photo shoot for the Exile postcards is a favorite of mine, and this b&w shot is really nice.
Thanks for posting!

Date: February 19, 2017 16:26

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: February 20, 2017 20:23

That Exile postcard outtake is awesome. I think it's the first time I see a picture, apart from the actual postcards, from that occasion. Wonder if there are more!

Btw, anyone know what date that photo session was held, and the idea behind it?

Date: February 21, 2017 00:23

yes, where did the postcard outtake come from?
I see Keith still hasnt got his pants buttoned up.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: February 21, 2017 21:03

I found this page where John van Hamersveld, who arranged the Exile cover, talks about that photo session among other things:
[www.goldminemag.com]

Apparently, the photo session was held with Norman Seiff somewhere in LA in early '72, but then they decided that Robert Frank's LA images should make up the artwork. So Keith comes up with the idea of making postcards of Norman's photos.

"They are the sequences where Keith arrives at the very last minute for the shoot. Everyone had been waiting for him to show, and then he arrives with his pants hanging off his butt. [...] Lights, smoke, and confetti is readied, it all begins and a sequence is attempted but then, by accident, Keith began to fall all over the set, creating a disaster." smoking smiley
Maybe that's why Keith doesn't have his pants buttoned up in the photo, Palace Revolution 2000.

Date: February 23, 2017 00:09

Date: February 24, 2017 18:47

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: February 24, 2017 19:19

LieB
I found this page where John van Hamersveld, who arranged the Exile cover, talks about that photo session among other things:
[www.goldminemag.com]

Apparently, the photo session was held with Norman Seiff somewhere in LA in early '72, but then they decided that Robert Frank's LA images should make up the artwork. So Keith comes up with the idea of making postcards of Norman's photos.

"They are the sequences where Keith arrives at the very last minute for the shoot. Everyone had been waiting for him to show, and then he arrives with his pants hanging off his butt. [...] Lights, smoke, and confetti is readied, it all begins and a sequence is attempted but then, by accident, Keith began to fall all over the set, creating a disaster." smoking smiley
Maybe that's why Keith doesn't have his pants buttoned up in the photo, Palace Revolution 2000.

No, the reason, is that Keith has always been a little bit exhibitionist.
Look at Nellcote, always wearing his same dirty trousers with no underclothes. There are zillions picture of him shirtless, backstage with people.

Posted by: ouroux58 ()
Date: February 24, 2017 19:31

LieB

A better one smoking smiley

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: February 24, 2017 20:40

I think his pants aren't buttoned because his pants are unable to be buttoned....look a little snug.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: February 24, 2017 21:22

What a place for RS fans this site,
What a picture Mr. Richards.

Posted by: Moonshine ()
Date: February 24, 2017 23:13

Fantastic, thanks for posting

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: February 25, 2017 04:37

I think that you have to give Mick and the other boys lots of credit for not going insane with having to always deal with Keith being a jacka$$ and almost never showing up on time.

Date: March 2, 2017 18:44

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 2, 2017 21:12

A typical English boy

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: March 3, 2017 02:16

mighty stork

Ugly form

Incorrect service grip too!

Mick, you should spend some cash and take a lesson or two

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 5, 2017 10:51

Date: March 5, 2017 20:41

Date: March 11, 2017 16:46

Date: March 18, 2017 19:37

Date: March 19, 2017 04:03

ouroux58
LieB

A better one smoking smiley

Can we mention the hat? Surely a magnificent brim.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: March 20, 2017 21:46

well he's only done a few; can't count 'being mick' ....sorry not going for that undercover' sorta movie either, tho big brass points for trying and i mean that sincerely...
...now that 'ned turner' not so hot really; no 'How I Won The War' anyway, which was not a high bar to begin with. 'freejack' had it's moments. bad ones. so this one is easy.
"Performance" easily his best pic ever and also my clear fave. Playing Turner was a major heft in Stones iconography and deserved legend. Still a great movie. smiling smiley
Memo from Turner soundtrack version still kills; easiest within the most powerful Stones output, even with some other players helping out in the studio.
Especially with some other players helping out in the studio if their name is Ry.

Interesting production history that one but they finally got it together and brought it home very much alive. One of the most stunning tracks ever!! & from my fav Mick Jagger pic ever!
[00individual.files.wordpress.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-20 21:56 by hopkins.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1508
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home