Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A July 6th Hyde Park Question
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 29, 2013 21:48

During the July 6th Hyde Park show there was a striking incident in mid-show
during one of the numbers (I don't remember which) when both Mick and Keith were out on the catwalk:
A group of guys on the Keithside catwalk rail tossed what looked like a flag to Keith
and Mick grabbed it and threw it back. Does anyone else remember that? What number was it?
And was it captured on any youtube clips? Please and thank you for any insights from anyone who also saw it

Re: A July 6th Hyde Park Question
Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: December 30, 2013 01:02

and while on the topic, is anyone here from the French group really close to the stage Ronnie's side waving the French flag at the beginning of the show? (was wondering about that while watching the video) smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 30, 2013 03:59

I do vagely remember that (first) incident, but the only flag I specifically remember is the Brazilian flag being determinedly waved in the front row. I remember Mick throwing SOMETHING back into the crowd.

Date: December 30, 2013 08:43

The people I mean were in the front third of Tier 2, if that helps;
and I'm not sure it was a flag. Maybe a banner.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: December 30, 2013 14:20

I was stood right next to a group of 3 French guys who hung a banner over the railing. It kept falling off though...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 31, 2013 04:22

It's about 6 minutes into Miss you.......I've just watched it on MfG-74, disc 2.

Date: December 31, 2013 13:07

EddieByword
It's about 6 minutes into Miss you.......I've just watched it on MfG-74, disc 2.

Thanks EddieByword - now if I just knew what Mfg-74 is I'd be in good shape! :E

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 31, 2013 13:41

MfG = Mission from God label.........scroll down to the 'M's......... [www.iorr.org] ...........unfortunately MfG 74 hasn't been uploaded to the MfG section yet............

Edit I found it elsewhere........ (page 31 of Stonesvault), click on this..... [www.iorr.org] ....scroll down, it's about 1/2 way down the page.

The links are where it says....."In case you would miss it under the MfG topic........here are Filefactory links for the 2 x DVD-5 version of Hyde Park -
July 6, 2013 from Stonesvault (ZitRock)
". - a December 15th Stonesmuziekfan post..

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-31 14:21 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: December 31, 2013 17:08

with sssoul
During the July 6th Hyde Park show there was a striking incident in mid-show
during one of the numbers (I don't remember which) when both Mick and Keith were out on the catwalk:
A group of guys on the Keithside catwalk rail tossed what looked like a flag to Keith
and Mick grabbed it and threw it back. Does anyone else remember that? What number was it?
And was it captured on any youtube clips? Please and thank you for any insights from anyone who also saw it

It was a flag of Argentina! I remember seeing this clip posted in a RS Facebook fan group of "Israeli-Argentinian Rolling Stones fans" (its called "L'ashon" but will have to check when I'm at my home PC - cannot access Facebook from a work computer.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-31 17:25 by Wroclaw.

Date: December 31, 2013 17:14

There it is!

(thanks Google Chrome...)

Date: December 31, 2013 21:50

Thank you thank you! That was the moment
Mick looked really annoyed at the time
but he tossed it back respectful-like.

Thank you

Date: December 31, 2013 21:59

I didn't quite see what happened--did Keith pick it up and hand it to Mick, or did Mick take it from him?

Glad this was cleared up, anyway, I couldn't see that part of the catwalk from where I was and only saw it on the big screen.

Date: December 31, 2013 22:17

From where I was (at the very end of the catwalk on Keith's side)
it appeared that Keith picked it up rather bemusedly and Mick took it from him.

The Mick doesn't like things thrown on stage - especially when they're flying in his direction,
but this isn't the first time I've seen him ummm de-distract the guitarists rather forcefully

Date: December 31, 2013 22:23

I can understand him not liking things thrown on stage--very easy to trip over, especially for someone as mobile as him.

Date: January 1, 2014 01:42

Yep, I agree. But people seem to forget that what they see as a gift
mostly just looks like a missile and then a skid hazard to them.

Date: January 1, 2014 09:44

Very true. The audience doesn't see things from their perspective.

Actually, later in the show I saw him motion to something on the stage that he was obviously warning Keith not to trip over. It wasn't something thrown, but it just showed how conscious he was of that kind of hazard.

Date: January 1, 2014 14:29

Aquamarine

Well, some of us do! Watching dvds can be very educational if we just pay attention :E

Date: January 1, 2014 15:00

These couple of shows, we now know, were planned to be documented in details in order to form what later we knew as "Sweet summer sun". I'm not sure if it was during MY (think it was...) but when I was at HP#2 a week later RW & KR went down the catwalk with MJ as well, doing the same type of waving gestures as seen here. Wont be surprised if what MJ had going through his mind at that moment was "damn Keith stop fooling around with that thing you know we are filmed and directed". These 2 shows were so different than other park/stadium shows: the crowd at the front's were kept way back by the barriers, people who went on sitting on their friends shoulders were often immediately and rather aggressively told to go down by security (who just jumped into the crowd, pushing people aside as if they were not there as I witnessed my self standing near one of the barriers). I don't suggest this was an Altamont re-enactment, but in some ways looking back it felt as if most who were involved, MJ and down, were fully aware that the concerts needs to appear as "clean" as possible to the camera(s). Keith is Keith and he didnt follow the script so director Jagger put him back in line.

Date: January 1, 2014 22:47

with sssoul
Aquamarine

Well, some of us do! Watching dvds can be very educational if we just pay attention :E

Well, yes, OK, I should have said SOME of the audience.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home