Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Oh no, not you again...
Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: May 11, 2005 00:36

where can you listen to it?

john scialfa

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: May 11, 2005 00:46

I got it! Man, this should develop into a killer for the setlist--it rocks HARD. It's only the first two minutes, but Mick isn't exactly singing it--he SNARLS it. F*ckin fantastic!

However, with the chorus going "Oh no, not you again--f*ckin up my life", I'm not sure if this will be the first single.

The most refreshing part--vocals, two guitars, bass and drums--not a piano plink to be heard LOL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-11 00:48 by bassplayer617.

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: May 11, 2005 00:49

im glad you have it bass player,where can i check it out

john scialfa

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 11, 2005 00:50

I don't really know what to think of it.
The guitars are way too sloppy. I think the studio version will sound completely different.

Date: May 11, 2005 00:54

John, the direct link is here: [members.lycos.co.uk]

Date: May 11, 2005 00:57

BowieStone, it will grow on you, believe me--remember the general indiffernce that "Don't Stop" was first greeted with? This one is a straight-ahead rocker, which everyone had clamored for.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 11, 2005 01:13

Great song, reminds me of Neighbors and You Got Me Rocking. They missed a few chord changes during the verse. But that makes it actually nastier.

- Koen.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 11, 2005 05:19

Koen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great song, reminds me of Neighbors and You Got Me
> Rocking. They missed a few chord changes during
> the verse. But that makes it actually nastier.
>
> - Koen.

Have you heard the whole version of the song, and if so how did you get it, or did you common on the minute that everybody saw?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 11, 2005 09:35

Thank you Adams!!!
Watch out good people, dont click on the provider site, just right click right from Shidobee... And dont let your enthusiasm, theres a f*cking Trojan (!!)underneath the "Oh no... "-file. Check these doqnloaded files before you play them... I´ll be back with a review, but I´ve heard several people already that have compared "Oh... " with IYCRM.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: May 11, 2005 10:07

I don't think it sounds like any previous Stones song. WOW, that must mean that these guys can still write! Imagine that.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 11, 2005 11:22

I really like the new song...bit of humour...rocking! Better than the crap the who knocked out....

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: May 11, 2005 11:36

Its ok, but the best thing is that they can play without bloody Chuck and the choir. Now if they tour with this line up...But they should really try to write a couple of hits now.

Date: May 11, 2005 11:52

I think they have the hits but didnt want to unveil´em right away.
So much commercial sense do the boys have (read: Mick), that they dont
perform three sofar unknown songs at lunchtime in central Manhattan...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 11, 2005 12:00

I loved it. VERY Stones. And I think it sounded like something from Talk Is Cheap. Not the song itself, but the feel of it. I liked it a lot. Very great. We're in for a treat. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: May 11, 2005 12:32

I thought it was appalling`.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 11, 2005 13:01

> Have you heard the whole version of the song, and
> if so how did you get it, or did you common on the
> minute that everybody saw?

Didn't see it, my comments are only based on the minute clip.

- Koen.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 11, 2005 13:20

I did like the sound of keith's guitar very much, very raw and distorted. The song has a nice drive with some non-Stonesy twists, but the melody reminds me a bit too much of Jagger's solo version of Lonely at the Top.

Mathijs

Date: May 11, 2005 13:24

My sample is 1:49. Music starts at 0:14, ends at 1:45, thus at least 1:30 of ROCK AND ROLL !! ..Guess most of you guys own sample copy has the same length... But sure I want the rest.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 11, 2005 13:25

Very difficult to comment on the base of that one minute clip... Be the song good, bad or avarage (I think the latter), I think that the VERY positive aspect of the whole thing is that The Stones are showing a sign of some creativity - that they almost are a living, productive band - to do a fresh song in a situation like is hot news.

I really hope that it is also a sign of that the band is satisfied and proud of the new material they have in can. And are ready to use that and base their sound on it in this new tour. It hasn't been like that since Tattoo You (since Steel Wheels the new songs are treated more like obligatory parts of the show to do something current, and they have never find true feeling for them - thhe songs sound forced or 'extras', not really an integral part at of their set - perhaps "Saint Of Me" and "Out Of Control" were expectations.)

- Doxa

Date: May 11, 2005 13:40

I look right now at Rockpassion.
God, its even better than I wrote before: This is THE song!
Look at Keef while hitting the early chord orders;
this is something wat beyond & above our wildest dreams!
Oh, Lord what a song... Behold Charlies face while beating up the drum skinin a painful way. This is promising, friends!

Posted by: stillife ()
Date: May 11, 2005 13:46

I think the record version will be great.

Date: May 11, 2005 14:18

The absence of The Bearded Man gives the band space, the important factor of Silence in music, silence & space becomes more crucial & apparent... There is more room for them; that´s why three-piece-bands like Hendrix Experience often count as powerful: When lkoaded, it fills our minds so much more.

I wouldnt like to miss Bobby, nit in my life; but maybe they could give Mr. Leavell a loooong vacation (some 15 months? or a century)...

Posted by: RnT ()
Date: May 11, 2005 14:23

I like it. Made me think of "Highwire". Anyway, kick ass R'n R!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: May 11, 2005 15:50

Like it! Damn, I was so excited when the curtains fell. Never thought I would be so thrilled to hear SMU again. And the new song rocks! If the new album has this back to basics feel to it, we're in for a treat, guys!!

Pure Rolling Stones sound! Bring it on!

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 11, 2005 17:42

The song really grew on me - espcially the guitar intro is really cool, and if you watch and listen - it's mainly Ronnie playing the cool rythm there!
I can't wait to hear it on the album, sure it sounds great there!

Another thing I noticed - Ronnie's much louder on the audio recordings, on the video he's strangely low in the mix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-11 17:44 by KeithRichards.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 11, 2005 18:23

I think it sounds very good and the sound of the song and the band's comments about the upcoming album should have everyone excited. Seems they took the simple approach and hopefully we will get a lot of guitar heavy songs.

The song was very Keith and is nothing trendy, just straight rock n roll.

If this song is a sign of things to come I think the new record will be great.

Posted by: midrambler ()
Date: May 11, 2005 18:32

I love it!!!. The Stones are back!!!!!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 11, 2005 18:43

I'm beginning to like it.
I only hope that no excessive synths and arrangements will ruin the studio version.

Posted by: Martijn ()
Date: May 11, 2005 18:46

Great song!

Date: May 11, 2005 19:12

The chorus/refrain gives the string boys plenty room to groove, to weave & lean on the song & create goosebumpin-makin harmonies...

BTW its great top see so many new - and relatively young - users here. Its gonna be a hell of a year, a hot Stones-year... or - at least - two Stones years! The party has only begun...

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2224
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home