Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Complaints about ticket sales
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 17, 2013 23:00

The first time I saw The Stones I paid $9.00. It was all me money in the world to me at 15 years old in 1975. I still talk about the show to this day.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: December 17, 2013 23:04

If the Stones tour Europe I might go, but by now I will not regret it if I do not see them again. If the ticket prices will be completely insane I will certainly not go.

Re: Australian tour a joke
Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: December 18, 2013 02:16

bv

And for those who struggle with getting tickets to the shows in Australia, I have two advices:

1. If you’re downright disgusted, And life ain’t worth a dime, Get a girl with far away eyes

2. As a matter of facts, all the scalpers will be stuck with the expensive tickets on show day, and they will beg you on their knees to buy their extra scalped tickets at face value and below.

I second that, BV. Waited until the very last moment and scored a ticket for the second O2 show in 2012 for waaaaay below face value. Takes balls of steel, but play the game right and some punters are able to shaft some touts, just depends who blinks first!

Lee

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 18, 2013 03:16

More Hot Rocks
The first time I saw The Stones I paid $9.00. It was all me money in the world to me at 15 years old in 1975. I still talk about the show to this day.

$9.00 in 1975, adjusted for inflation, is still only $39.82 in today's money. That's the point all these "Quit yer yappin, Stones tickets have always been expensive" posts seem to be missing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-18 03:18 by tatters.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 18, 2013 06:47

Good post tatters. Very good. A shame about what followed. Well until this post of course smoking smiley

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: December 18, 2013 07:40

Grison
Dear all and for once and all
Gazzas and Doxas and complainers of a lost world

We read it a thousand times and a lot of us by now know that the ticket prices are expensive. And we also know since quite a long time that you are frustrated and disappointed by the band. However I also know that some of you got pretty easy free tickets from friends of the Band which are not available anymore for you while we had to pay already years ago the full price.

So stop you tennage lamento and just move one to either another site or to whatever site which appeals you more and give you more credit for your sad live.

For me dispite financial cutdowns for such ticket prices it was one of the best years in my life which began on 25th November 2013 and keep on running into 2014 with Fire.
The concerts have been outstanding and most of you do not have any idea of the past because you did not see them live then.

Even if the Stones would give you a free concert you would have something to moan about because that is just how you seem to feel.

You sir...speak with foolish tongue!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-18 07:46 by No Expectations.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 18, 2013 07:41

Hahaha you're too easy Max ma man. And I've been here since 2000 youngen just under a different handle.

Stones boo boo boo boo!!! Hahaha

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: December 18, 2013 07:42

Received my e-ticket for Rod Laver today as a PDF document.

In the fields where the event info is meant to be it is totally blank. They have sent me a blank ticket!

Did this happen to anyone else??

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 18, 2013 08:02

jammingedward

In the fields where the event info is meant to be it is totally blank. They have sent me a blank ticket!

Treat it as a blank check--and sit anywhere you like.cool smiley

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: December 18, 2013 09:11

Just fill in the blanks!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 18, 2013 09:31

jammingedward
Received my e-ticket for Rod Laver today

What ? Rod Laver is still playing ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: December 18, 2013 09:40

one problem dr bryant,we all know the 85 dollar tix in the us were from unsold seats!!so to make some money they dithed em for 85,not given a rats ass about the fan sitting next to someone with an 85 dollar ticket,that paid 500 bucks.pure bullcrap.saw both shows in nj last year,incredible performances,but with no new music to offer,the stones have shoved it up my can for the last time!!sick how greedy they are,just saw elton play a 3 hour show at msg,every bit as good as the stones and one third the price for a much better seat.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 18, 2013 10:08

Rolling Hansie
jammingedward
Received my e-ticket for Rod Laver today

What ? Rod Laver is still playing ?

...if The Stones can......

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 18, 2013 10:39

backstreetboy1
one problem dr bryant,we all know the 85 dollar tix in the us were from unsold seats!!s

Only partly true.

Most were indeed the unsold seats, but a small number were gifts to fans to get into The Pit.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 18, 2013 11:11

backstreetboy1
just saw elton play a 3 hour show at msg,every bit as good as the stones

Cool

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: December 18, 2013 13:45

stonehearted
jammingedward

Treat it as a blank check--and sit anywhere you like.cool smiley

Good idea!

Maybe I will photoshop "GA standing-Pit" onto the correct spaces!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 18, 2013 15:01

tatters

$9.00 in 1975, adjusted for inflation, is still only $39.82 in today's money. That's the point all these "Quit yer yappin, Stones tickets have always been expensive" posts seem to be missing.

What you're missing is that in 2013-4, for 40 bucks you get to see "Joe Blow And His Cheerleaders" in a 1000-capacity venue.

The Stones have to separate themselves from this lot... Okay I'll admit it's gone a bit too far!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 18, 2013 15:24

dcba
... in 2013-4, for 40 bucks you get to see "Joe Blow And His Cheerleaders" in a 1000-capacity venue.

The Stones have to separate themselves from this lot... Okay I'll admit it's gone a bit too far!

That's the point for many folks.
This topic winds some of us up more than others.
For myself...I don't begrudge a penny of what it costs me to see the Stones...so long as I can actually afford it.

The problem today is that tickets are priced on the verge of where I literally can't afford them... and therefore can't go !

Then it's an issue ! sad smiley

Edited to add ...

...Yes I know there's always a way to afford it ...but affording it has to include getting it past the missus and/or not feeling like a selfish b*astard winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-18 15:43 by Spud.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 19, 2013 08:04

Spud
dcba
... in 2013-4, for 40 bucks you get to see "Joe Blow And His Cheerleaders" in a 1000-capacity venue.

For myself...I don't begrudge a penny of what it costs me to see the Stones...so long as I can actually afford it.

The problem today is that tickets are priced on the verge of where I literally can't afford them... and therefore can't go !

Edited to add ...

...Yes I know there's always a way to afford it ...but affording it has to include getting it past the missus and/or not feeling like a selfish b*astard winking smiley

Affording tickets and actually being able to GET them are separate issues...

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: December 19, 2013 12:17

Airfares are the same way.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 19, 2013 13:02

bitusa2012
Spud
dcba

Edited to add ...

Affording tickets and actually being able to GET them are separate issues...

Here's what Mick himself said about it last April

"I’m very much against the secondary ticket market. I don’t know anyone who isn’t. We have a lot of secondary market problems in the U.K., it’s really bad there. And lots of artists are starting to participate in it, because they put the tickets up at a certain price, then the tickets get marked up by the secondary sellers and someone else gets twice as much as you. Personally, we don’t participate in it. That’s the view we take. I think it should be illegal, and in the U.K. it would be very easy to stop it. It’s a very concentrated operation you could stop immediately. It’s a bigger problem in the U.S., more difficult to contain, but they don’t even try. It should be made completely illegal. If people don’t like it, don’t complain to the artists. Each state should make secondary reselling illegal."

I'm not sure it would be outside their power to do something about it if they cared enough...but I think the sentiment is genuine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-19 13:22 by Spud.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home