Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Australian tour a joke
Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: December 16, 2013 11:25

Stonehearted, they neve up dated the pre sale. when it was cleared up no one knew. One had to sign up again to try and get in.Where did jamminwithedward buy his tickets, the site said otherwise, only could tickets that were prepaid could be picked up.

Date: December 16, 2013 11:26

Anyhow I no longer care. To hell with it.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: December 16, 2013 11:38

Not sure about experience of others but I got two fairly good seats (Ronnie Wood side about third of the way back, 2nd row, elevated ). I got them about 15 minutes after sale started. Therefore it is incorrect to say instant sell out.

People get the tickets, lose their bottle when it comes to paying. They then time out after 15 minutes and tickets go back into the pool. Seemed to work for me.

Will be my first time to see the Stones.Pretty excited.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 16, 2013 12:17

Before they sell you the ticket they should ask you questions like what is the name of Keith's now passead away father and what train station did Mick and Keith meet up at and who was the blod haired guitar player they had in the band in the 60's and who is that skinny dark haired lead guitarist these days by name, and in what country did Keith heal his head after falling down from a coconut tree, and in the end, if you are still online, you should have been asked what IORR really means, and by then, if your score is 100%, you should have a 10% discount on the total tickets sales per correct answer, and if you were wrong, your should get an additional 10% on the ticket prices per wrong answer.

And for those who struggle with getting tickets to the shows in Australia, I have two advices:

1. If you’re downright disgusted, And life ain’t worth a dime, Get a girl with far away eyes

2. As a matter of facts, all the scalpers will be stuck with the expensive tickets on show day, and they will beg you on their knees to buy their extra scalped tickets at face value and below.

Bjornulf

Date: December 16, 2013 12:22

<2. As a matter of facts, all the scalpers will be stuck with the expensive tickets on show day, and they will beg you on their knees to buy their extra scalped tickets at face value and below.>

thumbs up

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: December 16, 2013 12:31

DandelionPowderman
<2. As a matter of facts, all the scalpers will be stuck with the expensive tickets on show day, and they will beg you on their knees to buy their extra scalped tickets at face value and below.>

thumbs up

thumbs up ditto

Date: December 16, 2013 12:35

I thought the barcode on the ticket had to match your credit card details which you had to show with your ticket to get entry.I forgot, is that correct.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: December 16, 2013 12:47

I hadn't heard that. Doesn't seem feasible as it would take forever to get through turnstiles and doesn't explain the fact that tickets are being scalped on eBay right now.

You would likely need to show credit card if you pick up tickets at venue though I am guessing.

Who put the water on 14 on fire
Date: December 16, 2013 04:01

TICKETEK

Re: Who put the water on 14 on fire
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 16, 2013 04:02

.... you mean urine don't ya?

ROCKMAN

Date: December 16, 2013 04:15

You beat me to a better term Rockman, its nothing but a sham run by parasites. I would love to have said more, but I would be sued.

Date: December 16, 2013 04:29

Yep they can tell when granny gets over paid by $2 in her pension...
Google ya back-yard...monitor ya where abouts 24/7...number plate detection......Find Bin Laden but still can't sell concert tickets fairly ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 16, 2013 04:39

I don't think that the core problem is the 'selling' of the tickets - other than Ticketek clearly needing better sized servers, but it's the resale market.

The Promoters are at the core of this. They release blocks of tickets to resellers. I will accept that there's a legitimate market there.

eg Promoter releases tickets to 'Wonder Nights' and then Wonder Nights get together a meal/show/hotel package.

But where it sucks, and should and can be outlawed, is when the tickets are simply resold at vastly higher than face value.

Simple to stop. Promoter KNOWS the seat block and numbers of every seat that they give out. Make it illegal to advertise a ticket without the seat block and number.

If a ticket can be tracked back to the promoter's allocation to a third party, then make it an offence.

If a ticket is tracked back to a general public sale, then make it an offence to resell it for more than the original cost price including supplier's silly on costs. (That protects people who get tickets legitimately and then find that they cannot go (illness etc), and prevents anyone from profiteering.)

Date: December 16, 2013 05:03

Bash the scalper, take his tickets

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 16, 2013 05:11

Sydney Morning Herald:

The Rolling Stones tickets sell out in minutes across Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Hanging Rock
Date
December 16, 2013 - 12:54PM

Wild Horses (or wild prices) couldn't drag fans away, with tickets to The Rolling Stones' 14 On Fire tour selling out within 90 minutes.

Tickets to the Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Hanging Rock dates went on sale at 9am today and were sold out "within minutes," according to a Frontier Touring spokesperson.

VIP ticket packages valued at $1275, which give fans front-row seats, were still available in all cities.

Ticketek at one stage posted an error message on its website, saying that due to the huge number of people attempting to buy tickets there would be a short delay in attempting to access the ticket portal.

Advertisement
Some Perth and Brisbane ticket-holders also faced confusion as Ticketek listed those dates as "allocation exhausted" and "no longer on sale", when in fact they weren't on sale until 9am local time.

Numerous customers have taken to Facebook and Twitter to lodge their complaints. Some received error messages or were unable to log in, while others were unable to purchase tickets after placing them into their online shopping baskets, which can happen if other transactions vying for the same seats occur at the same time.

Online ticket marketplace Viagogo recorded more than 200 searches per minute for Rolling Stones tickets immediately following the sale this morning. While the majority of these searches were from within Australia, 32 per cent of recorded searches were from overseas, indicating that some fans will be travelling Down Under to see Mick Jagger and company in action.

Within minutes, tickets also began to appear on eBay at inflated prices, with tickets to all shows running as high as $5000.

Tickets have also been posted on Gumtree, selling for up to $2500 a pair.

Last week, tickets to the sold out show at Adelaide Oval had surfaced on eBay for up to $3000.

This will be the first time the Rolling Stones have visited Australia since 2006. The 14 On Fire tour follows a string of United States and European shows as part of the 50th anniversary celebration of the band.

Read more: [www.smh.com.au]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 16, 2013 08:03

Isn't the greatest irony that you're paying the most amount over money ever to see the least amount of Rolling Stones ever?

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 16, 2013 08:42

24FPS
Isn't the greatest irony that you're paying the most amount over money ever to see the least amount of Rolling Stones ever?

Please explain.

In the early years the on stage time was rarely over 30minutes then it went up to about an hour, so how come you are asserting that lucky ticket holders will see the "least amount" "ever"?

Date: December 16, 2013 10:25

I saw them here in Perth in 65 on their first tour, I would have liked to see them here 49 years later on their last tour, but not to be. Whats done is done, no sense in carrying on complaining I suppose. Even if a free concert was to be given I dont think I would bother going, not because I will stop listening to their records, but the excitement of seeing them one more time is gone. I will be 71 in a couple of months, I should not be behaving like a teenage girl 50 years ago LOFL.Good luck to ticket holders.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 16, 2013 11:06

Rockee, were you able to get tickets?
which concert(-s) will you attend?

Date: December 16, 2013 11:10

Adelaide ... Melbourne ... Hanging Rock ...But the $buck's screemin' that may be it

ROCKMAN

Date: December 16, 2013 11:18

Congratz Rockman

Date: December 16, 2013 11:27

To hell with it. I no longer care.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: December 16, 2013 12:06

...Good for ya, Rockman!
wishing you all the best, with those -

Re: Complaints about ticket sales
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 16, 2013 13:49

Hey Rockman did you get a physical ticket ?
Or do we have to all pick them up once these idiots decide to print them.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 16, 2013 14:12

whiskey
Anyhow I no longer care. To hell with it.

I betcha that no the day of the gig you'll crawl to the venue and get a 2nd-hand ticket! grinning smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 16, 2013 14:17

bv
2. As a matter of facts, all the scalpers will be stuck with the expensive tickets on show day, and they will beg you on their knees to buy their extra scalped tickets at face value and below.

This is all true and is something I've been saying for ages.

However, it doesnt address the fact that

a) most would be customers dont realise this when they log in to buy tickets which are already more expensive than those for every other act on the planet. Nor should they be expected to.

b) the ticket seller, promoter and band are quite happy to allow the system to work like this to maximise their own already substantial coffers at the expense of the public.

It's morally indefensible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-16 14:17 by Gazza.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 16, 2013 15:05

Gazza
bv

This is all true and is something I've been saying for ages.

However, it doesnt address the fact that

a) most would be customers dont realise this when they log in to buy tickets which are already more expensive than those for every other act on the planet. Nor should they be expected to.

b) the ticket seller, promoter and band are quite happy to allow the system to work like this to maximise their own already substantial coffers at the expense of the public.

It's morally indefensible.

Yeah, Springsteen was a hard get, but same promoter. Probably everyone who wanted to get seats at face value, could, eventually. Bruce sets limits that promoter must adhere to. The Stones could...but...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 16, 2013 15:29

Unfortunately, when an act is asking $4-5 million per gig as a guarantee for a show in an arena sized venue, it ends up being in the promoter's economic best interests to be as unscrupulous as possible in order to sell tickets.

Which is a major factor in why they dont give a damn that thousands of the tickets being snapped up in the first few minutes are bought by people who are just going to try to re-sell them for profit. Allowing this to happen reduces the risk for the promoters - they get the quick return on their very considerable investment and the buck passes to some idiot who thinks he's going to get $1,000 for a pair of nosebleeds.

The band have been paid, the promoter has got their money back and made a profit and TM (or Ticketek or whoever it is) have cleaned up as usual. Whilst those parties can have their egoes satisfied at a show 'selling out' in minutes, the one group in the equation being royally shafted is the fan who isnt lucky enough to have his ticket funded as part of some corporate junket but who has to either pay through the nose to a scalper or broker or play a game of chicken with the promoter and ticket touts at the eleventh hour in the hope that he'll get something for close to the already exorbitant face value.

Meanwhile the band, promoter and ticket agencies are having a laugh at your very considerable expense.

It's only rock n roll - apparently. eye rolling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-16 15:36 by Gazza.

Date: December 16, 2013 15:35

DCBA you are probably right mate lol.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 16, 2013 16:47

jammingedward
I bought tickets at an outlet today. I didn't ask but I'm sure they would have taken cash?

I only got a receipt though, no tickets yet....

Was the receipt on a hand written piece of paper, and did the outlet happen to be a guy on a bike?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home