Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Auckland Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: pjb ()
Date: November 19, 2014 20:57

Concert was pretty much sold out .Then promoters added another south stand at the back of venue,

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: November 19, 2014 22:13

Glad to hear....we want a full house at what may be the last concert ever???

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 19, 2014 22:48

Quick question. Is it worth renting a car, or is public transportation good enough? If just going to and from the airport, to the show and some shopping in the city?

Posted by: erad ()
Date: November 19, 2014 23:10

Public transport will be sweet. I live in Auckland and you won't have any issues.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: November 20, 2014 00:43

drbryant
Quick question. Is it worth renting a car, or is public transportation good enough? If just going to and from the airport, to the show and some shopping in the city?

If you jump on the Airbus service from the airport, it's $20 each way, that will take you into the centre of the Auckland, from there shopping is all around you, High Street, Wynyard Quarter & Parnell/Newmarket are decent.

You can use your Stones ticket to access Public Transport for free on the night, information is in the link

[at.govt.nz]

While not wanting to disagree with erad, I would say go early, rather than waiting until 7, as it only takes one accident on the route and the buses will be negatively affected by delays.

Date: November 20, 2014 00:55

^ yeah agreed. Getting out of my smart after the show is going to be a wrestle, always hate that part about going to a gig there. A small price to pay to see the stones however!

Date: November 20, 2014 03:51

Song vote is up, I voted SFM but I have a feeling it will be LARS sad smiley

Posted by: swaymusik ()
Date: November 20, 2014 03:52

Song vote is up!

ALL DOWN THE LINE

smoking smiley

Posted by: Moza ()
Date: November 20, 2014 04:01

I know someone from Hanging Rock will say that I'm lucky to have a show at all, but I'm a bit disappointed in the choices for Auckland. They've played in Auckland twice since the early 70's, and they played ADTL and SFM at those shows. LARS is a cover and She's so Cold and Some Girls aren't my idea of Stones at their finest. This seemed a golden opportunity to finish the tour with something special like Sway or Memory Motel or Factory Girl, all of which were rehearsed in Adelaide. They don't seem to play the vote winners more than once too often, so I think we're in line for either She's so Cold or Some Girls.

Date: November 20, 2014 04:03

Yeah I was hoping for Sway as well, would have been awesome. Who knows, maybe it will be in the regular set? We can only hope! Some Girls would be sweet, would much prefer it to She's So Cold.

Posted by: Moza ()
Date: November 20, 2014 04:09

At least we're getting a Mick Taylor show, even for two songs. Never thought I'd see that in NZ.

Date: November 20, 2014 05:54

Looks like rain on Saturday. Raincoats, I guess.

Date: November 20, 2014 06:56

Ok embrassing but I'm still looking for a decent ticket if anyone has any additionals or just for sale, i'd be very keen.

bowiestones@hotmail.com

Date: November 20, 2014 07:25

Try out trade me.co.nz

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 20, 2014 08:36

Brstonesfan
Glad to hear....we want a full house at what may be the last concert ever???

"May be" being the operative words here.

Date: November 20, 2014 08:38

I would check Ticketmaster off and on for "ticket drops" of unsold or returned Seats.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 20, 2014 08:46

Moza
I know someone from Hanging Rock will say that I'm lucky to have a show at all,

Happy to oblige.

You're lucky to have a show at all!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: November 20, 2014 11:26

Stones are here now in Auckland

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 20, 2014 12:10

pjb

Stones are here now in Auckland

Probably Flight ANZ1964 (B767 ZK-NCG) ?

Posted by: wickerman ()
Date: November 20, 2014 13:04

Brstonesfan
wow, I thought all these shows sold out!!! Disappointing that possibly their last show ever will not sell out!!!!!!!!

What's about this talk Auckland being last Stones show ever? No way they're not gonna do more shows and won't say proper "goodbye". They're still fit and sound better than a couple of years ago. I can't see why they won't play more dates in 2015-2016...

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 20, 2014 13:09

wickerman
Brstonesfan
wow, I thought all these shows sold out!!! Disappointing that possibly their last show ever will not sell out!!!!!!!!

What's about this talk Auckland being last Stones show ever? No way they're not gonna do more shows and won't say proper "goodbye"

Because they are old and not easy for them to do these shows in such high quality.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-20 13:11 by 1962.

Date: November 20, 2014 15:27

Rental car is really cheap, probably less than I would pay for taxi to/from the airport. Really looking forward to this show!

Date: November 20, 2014 15:46

wickerman
Brstonesfan

What's about this talk Auckland being last Stones show ever? No way they're not gonna do more shows and won't say proper "goodbye"

Because they are old and not easy for them to do these shows in such high quality.

I think that's right. In the 70's they would do two shows in one day! Now, they take 3, sometimes more, days between show. Of course, it's a great, high quality show, as you state, but they need a lot more time between gigs, and I think they'll stop touring when they can no longer do it physically. I don't think it will prevent them from doing occasional major shows or festivals, but the years of trekking around the world may come to an end.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 20, 2014 21:06

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 19:45 by colonial.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 20, 2014 21:21

wickerman
Brstonesfan

What's about this talk Auckland being last Stones show ever? No way they're not gonna do more shows and won't say proper "goodbye". They're still fit and sound better than a couple of years ago. I can't see why they won't play more dates in 2015-2016...
You guys have me worried.. I need one more shot over here in NY. Enjoy the show you guys deserve a great one...

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 20, 2014 21:42

wickerman
Brstonesfan

Neither of us know if this is the last show, obviously, but i disagree with you. I do NOT think they will announce a last show or last tour -- what you call a proper goodbye -- I think that we will not know what is the last show until after the fact. I do not think they will ever PLAN a last show I just think that at some point there will not be any more.

Date: November 20, 2014 22:08

Got a ticket, cheers to all

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 21, 2014 00:37

The paper (NZ Herald) today say the capacity is 37,000 and they have still 2,000 of those tickets available. Like it was said here, the show was sold out, but then they added another section.

Bjornulf

Date: November 21, 2014 01:01

Think I'm going to be in the NZ herald tomorrow, they're interviewing me and getting a photo re the concert because I'm a young fan.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: November 21, 2014 01:34

From The Stones' Twitter feed

"A limited number of Lucky Dip tickets have just been made available for the final show of the year, in Auckland!"
[www.ticketmaster.co.nz]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home