Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Sydney and Hunter Valley Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 9, 2014 23:40

Have they made announcements in the past about the first show after a cancelled one?
If they do, which I don't think they will, it won't be until Wednesday morning.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 9, 2014 23:48

We will be at venue in line Wed morning

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: November 10, 2014 00:08

My bet is that Sydney will go ahead (Mick wouldn't want to miss performing in Sydney for the last time) but that the Hunter Valley show will be cancelled in order to give Mick 6 days rest before Brisbane. Ensuring that the capital city concerts continue, at the expense of Hanging Rock and Hunter Valley is the most practical PR strategy in the circumstances.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 10, 2014 00:11

We should see the Sydney poster and maybe the song vote today or will that be Tues ?

Posted by: jamcas ()
Date: November 10, 2014 01:04

Hi,

There are two posters for sydney,

1. Opera house
2. Surfing under the tounge

JC

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 03:32

Mick and Charlie Australia pic (left side):

Posted by: Chris85 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 04:23

A good sign for Sydney? The song vote has just gone online:

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 10, 2014 04:30

The show should go on so! good news today!

Benjamin.

Posted by: Chris85 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 05:33

Latest:

"Promoter Frontier Touring has issued a short statement to say the Rolling Stones will play in Sydney on Wednesday, allaying fears the great rock band's tour may be in turmoil after Saturday's Hanging Rock concert was cancelled due to Mick Jagger's throat infection.

"Remaining shows are proceeding as scheduled, we've had no update outside of this," a Frontier spokeswoman exclusively told Fairfax.

The band confirmed this on Facebook on Monday, asking fans to nominate a song for the evening's set-list."

[www.smh.com.au]

Posted by: JeremyDylan ()
Date: November 10, 2014 07:33

Glad to hear that Jagger is on the mend.

Best wishes to all the folks round here who will be attending either Allphones or the Hunter.

Hope to be at one or both if I can track down someone who wants to sell me a ticket.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 10, 2014 12:06

Anyone know around what time they will hit the stage at the hunter valley concert?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: stoneskid ()
Date: November 10, 2014 13:17

How are most people getting to the show? Im in Bondi Beach and its a major hike to the arena.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 10, 2014 13:55

Chris85
A good sign for Sydney? The song vote has just gone online:

[www.rollingstones.com]

Glad to see JMI back in the list, it will make it one day...I suppose ;-)

Oh and thanks for the RS scan...so Mick's not ruling out a US Tour ? Interesting!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 10, 2014 23:57

stoneskid
How are most people getting to the show? Im in Bondi Beach and its a major hike to the arena.

Getting to Bondi Junction and catching the train to Sydney Olympic station (200m from Allphones Arena) is the easiest and fastest option for you.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 11, 2014 02:26

The flight from Melbourne to Sydney tok a little over an hour on Sunday. My first impression of Sydney was just before landing. There, as we flew over the city, I could see all those beautiful blue/purple Jacaranda trees. They are in full bloom all over the city, as remarkable as the cherry blossom at spring time in Japan. So spring time Sydney is Jacaranda time. Great!

Then I had to walk the city to see how it looks like, to see if there were changes since I was here last time with the Stones. There are more constructions, the beer now some times cost two digit Australian dollars numbers, and there it is, the Sydney Opera House, still the most famous building around.

Sitting down for a coffee in-between the walking, there is this "water bird" that seems to have "gone urban". It is two or three times the size of the smaller seagulls, and it does not seem to have any fear, just walking in-between the tables of the outdoor restaurant. Strange bird...

Sydney is a busy city, not as many large parks as they have in Adelaide, Perth and Melbourne, but give me a few days more, and a Stones show, and I am sure I will feel at home here like anywhere else. Like Keith says - "It is good to be here. It is good to be anywhere!"

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-11 09:17 by bv.

Posted by: SwayMT73 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 03:33

*Jacaranda

Posted by: SwayMT73 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 03:42

anyone have actual travel plans to and from the concert? I'm planning to take the ferry to get there and the train back - my hotel is in the CBD. any one have any better ideas?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 11, 2014 06:19

LOVE these photos, BV.

Jacaranda time in Los Angeles is May and June. Luscious to see and drive around to favorite streets with Jacaranda trees.

Date: November 11, 2014 07:05

That bird is an Ibis

Posted by: william060190 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 08:19

You should post some more pics of the City, gardens and buildings Bjornulf. Very interesting.

Posted by: jahtimbo ()
Date: November 11, 2014 08:41

The ibis has become a city wide pest these last dozen years, and will snatch a sandwich or bag of chips out of your hand if you're not careful (this happened to my son a few times when he was small).
Glad you're liking Sydney though bv...especially the jacarandas.

Getting to Allphones Arena by train myself: get off at Lidcombe, get onto the Olympic Park branch line and it's one more stop. Walk to Allphones (5 mins).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-11 08:41 by jahtimbo.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: November 11, 2014 09:35

BV good stuff thanks!

Date: November 11, 2014 09:48

Tim Ries and Bernard Fowler have been doing gigs with local musicians on short notice in Perth and Melbourne. For SYDNEY there is a little more time, they have booked a show on Thursday i.e. the day after the Sydney Stones show as follows:

Venue 505
280 Cleveland Street
Surrey Hills, Sydney
Thursday Nov 13th

[www.venue505.com]

Bjornulf

Date: November 11, 2014 10:20

Today was biking day for me in Sydney, so I had planned to bike to Manly. They say that is a nice area by the sea. So I started off in the city, where I stay in the Darking Harbour area. By the way I live in the middle of Chinatown, it is hard to find a beer or even a coffe here. They drink tea, so I do a lot of walking to Darling Harbour, where the local beer cost five dollars in my favorite place.

First my meal last night you know that is why the Ibis bird had such a great interest, I think the Sydney Ibis bird do like Belgium Waffles...

Then about the Jacaranda tree, with the sweet strong smell, and great purple look, this is how the small park in Darling Harbour looks like, nice Jacaranda trees around. Today it was freezing cold and just 19 degrees C, I miss the warm Australian places we had earlier on during the tour, but I assume it will be warmer in Sydney tomorrow.

Like I said it was biking day today, so I started off trying to find the place Tim Ries and Bernard Fowler will play on Thursday. I had the wrong address so I was biking up and down Cleveland Street a few times. It is a long street. A map would help a lot. Then I was off to Manly. First via the Stones hotel, five or six fans at the entrance, then over the Bay Bridge, then a tourist round trip around the Luna park area, then heading north. With just the names of three streets on a paper note I had a challenge in finding my way. I was on Pacific Highway but I never found Miller St so after 45 minutes going north I returned south, before it got dark. Then I see I was on my way north west rather than towards Manly, which is North East. By this time tomorrow I will finally find Manly but then I will also realize I am late for the show.

I did not bring my camera today, it was sort of almost rainy and cold weather, but tomorrow I will do some more touristing and bring my camera. May be there are some places where the Stones performed in the past to be visited, like the recent Enmore Theatre, club show 2003. Any suggestions for places to visit in Sydney, of historic interest to Stones fans, please?

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-11 10:23 by bv.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 11, 2014 11:02

Wish I was there now!

Posted by: morgan9 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 11:28

Hi Bv, great to see your enjoying my home city and I hope the weather improves. I would recommend a visit to Bondi Beach and enjoy a delicious icey cold beer at the Icebergs which has a great view overlooking the beach. Go for the bar/ bistro on mid level ( not to be confused with the nice but expensive restaurant on the top level). If your felling energetic there is a great walking path along the cliffs towards Bronte.

thanks for tip for Thursday. Tickets booked. Might see you in the tongue pit. Cheers

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 11, 2014 11:37

bv
Any suggestions for places to visit in Sydney, of historic interest to Stones fans, please?

Just had a quick look at Nico Zentgraf's website and found the following:

650122B 22nd January: Sydney, Australia, Manufacturer’s Auditorium, Agricultural Hall
660218A 18th February: Sydney, Australia, Commemorative Auditorium Showgrounds
730209B 9th February: Sydney, Australia, The Old Spaghetti Factory (press conference)
730226A 26th February: Sydney, Australia, Royal Randwick Racecourse
880915A 15th September: MICK JAGGER. Sydney, Hordern Pavillion (rehearsals)
880917B 17th September: MICK JAGGER. Sydney, Australia, Kardomah Café (club gig)
880926A 26th September: MICK JAGGER. Sydney, Australia, Entertainment Center
950401A 1st April: Sydney, Australia, Sydney Cricket Ground

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: November 11, 2014 13:25

Didn't Micks mother grow up in Sydney? Maybe Woollomallo? I believe he has cousins here?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 11, 2014 16:10

BluzDude

Wish I was there now!

Great shot Bluz!

Some goober with a stones shirt and glasses on in the foreground though!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 11, 2014 22:47

HA HA HA

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1310
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home