Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Sydney and Hunter Valley Rolling Stones show and travel info
Date: May 4, 2014 17:08

We are a small family owned business operating out of Sydney. We were told to jump on here to help spread the word.

Our return transport includes;

- Great playlist of like minded music on the way there and back
- Some prizes giveaways
- A stop en-route so you can grab a coffee and lunch before arriving at Hope Estate
- We have a Tour Manager to give a small amount of commentary, answer questions & create a good atmosphere on board the coach (nothing too cheesy).

Check out our webpage if you are interested:
[www.zephertours.com.au]

Thanks

Team Zepher

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 6, 2014 21:32

Seating chart for the Hunter Valley show:

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 30, 2014 21:34

Hi I'm thinking of coming down under from the UK in November to see 2 or 3 shows I would like to base myself in Sydney so would love to get tickets for Sydney,hope estate and maybe one other show Melbourne or Brisbane.
I don't have any tickets so I was wondering what the chances are of picking up tickets outside the venue on the night are as these are smaller venues than the shows in Europe where plenty of tickets were available outside.
If anyone has any advice or even spare tickets for sale for any Australian shows please let me know thanks.

Thanks
Nate

Date: July 1, 2014 13:14

cool smiley

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: July 1, 2014 23:27

Nate
Hi I'm thinking of coming down under from the UK in November to see 2 or 3 shows I would like to base myself in Sydney so would love to get tickets for Sydney,hope estate and maybe one other show Melbourne or Brisbane.
I don't have any tickets so I was wondering what the chances are of picking up tickets outside the venue on the night are as these are smaller venues than the shows in Europe where plenty of tickets were available outside.
If anyone has any advice or even spare tickets for sale for any Australian shows please let me know thanks.

Thanks
Nate

go to all sold out forum and look for rod laver ticket and contact me.

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: July 2, 2014 02:22

Nate

Thanks
Nate

Hi Nate. Check ticketek.com.au for tickets to arena shows- most still have single PC1 tickets available. Try ticketmaster.com.au for Hunter Valley and Hanging Rock as there should also be the odd seat available.

Good luck and I hope you make it down under!

Date: July 2, 2014 21:50

I lived in Sydney when I was a baby but apart from that I've never made the trip down under so if I come to Australia in November from the UK does anyone have any advice on how long to stay I know it's too far to go for just one week so I was thinking two or maybe three weeks?

Thanks
Nate

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 21:51 by Nate.

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: July 3, 2014 02:34

Nate
I lived in Sydney when I was a baby but apart from that I've never made the trip down under so if I come to Australia in November from the UK does anyone have any advice on how long to stay I know it's too far to go for just one week so I was thinking two or maybe three weeks?

Thanks
Nate

In November there are plenty of things to do in Sydney, and the weather that time of year is great. If you're a cricket fan, South Africa will be in town for a 20/20 series, with one game being played at the Olympic Stadium the week before the Stones concert. Stay as long as you can afford - you won't be stuck for things to do or see - the zoo, museums, harbour cruise, beach, Darling Harbour, Chinatown, bridge climb, Opera House tour etc.

Date: July 3, 2014 04:05

If you do go to the Hunter Valley show, spend some time in Newcastle and travel up the coast - some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. You could've even do Sydney-Hunter-Brisbane in a week long Stones road trip!

Date: July 3, 2014 05:17

Thanks for the advice guys I will look into everything and decide soon.

Thanks
Nate

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 3, 2014 14:52

I'm hoping to make a show in Australia too (and combine it with visiting my brother). He's moving to Adelaide initially but might end up in Sydeny, so I'm looking at seeing the stones either there and/or Melbourne (as a tennis fan, I'd like to go to that venue) or Sydney.

I was wondering what people think about doing long-haul UK to Australia economy class? I'm a slightly nervous flyer (Rome was the first time I'd got on a plane in years) and not looking forward to such a long flight. I don't mind roughing it a bit but really don't want a repeat of a flight back to the UK from New York - the man in front put his seat right back the whole flight including during the meal. Wasn't fun.

Is it that bad going economy? Is it worth paying the extra for premium economy or is that a waste of money (in terms of seat recline issues)? I'd like to go business but not sure I can quite afford it (and that's less money for Stones!).

Date: July 3, 2014 15:23

Hi Martha,I flew to Rome too and before that flight I had not flown for 7 years and was a slightly nervous flyer but now after flying to Rome and back and then Madrid the next day and back the day after the concert I don't mind flying at all and now I'm actually looking forward to my next flight which hopefully will be Australia in November.
I would love to fly business class but I'd rather spend the money on pit tickets instead and if you book economy you can usually pay a little extra around 50 pounds I think to choose your seat so you could get a seat by the door or somewhere else that has no other seats in front of it and you have more than enough leg room,this is what I'm going to book if I go.
I want to go to Sydney as I used to live there when I was a baby and I've never been back since so I will try for Sydney and one or two other shows,I've been looking at flights this week and at the moment they are around £850 return from Heathrow.

Nate

Date: July 3, 2014 15:38

Hi Nate

Hope you make the shows! It would be nice for you to get to see Sydney (and other Australian cities) again (although I don't suppose you remember anything from when you were a baby!).

Thanks for the advice. Good that you're getting over the fear of flying. I think it is a case of getting back in the saddle. My brother's an experienced flyer and recommended I just keep doing it more regularly. I was worse than you - before Rome I hadn't flown in over 10 years!

I think you're right. I'd much rather save the money and fly economy and get a good (hopefully, pit) ticket. At least I'm quite short so leg room shouldn't be too bad. It's good getting other people's opinions as my brother is lucky enough to fly business so he's unfamiliar with economy (he doesn't have a stones habit so I guess has more money to spend on flights!).

I need to speak to my brother about moving my visit forward (was originally going to visit next year) and make a decision pretty soon.

Hope to see you in Sydney! smiling smiley

Date: July 3, 2014 17:00

Hi MarthaTuesday I'm not sure if the A380 double story planes operate from Heathrow but I flew one on Qantas from la to Melbourne- booked a bulkhead seat in top floor section for an extra $25 on the website. The top level only has about 40 economy seats so it is very quiet, the service is prompt and toilets stay clean. The bulkhead spot at the front gives a little extra leg room. I felt like I was in business class!

Date: July 3, 2014 17:33

Qantas,Emirates and Singapore airlines all fly A380 from London to Australia and if you are booking a flight then click on the flight number during the booking process and it will tell you what type of aircraft that particular flight uses.

Nate

Date: July 3, 2014 17:38

Hi Martha,I believe the stones are due on stage in Sydney at about 10pm on the 12th November so let's hope your not still making a decision come 9.55pm on the 12th November hahahahahahaha spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Date: July 3, 2014 18:07

Thanks for the tips about the A380. I probably should consider other airlines. My brother's got a thing about BA - he really likes flying with them and suggested I try to build up avios points by sticking with one airline (as he's moving permanently I hope to be able to visit more than once!). But I think Qantas is part of the avios scheme so worth checking out.

Nate - I can see that sort of thing happening....hopefully I'll make a decision sooner this time! cool smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 1, 2014 03:48

From the Frontier Touring Facebook page:

Now's your last chance to grab tickets to The Rolling Stones at Hope Estate!
The final premium GA tickets are now on sale to the general public - these tickets provide guaranteed entry to the premium GA area of the event. This is a fenced off dedicated area located at the front of the GA section, ensuring you priority GA placement without needing to arrive earlier!

[www.ticketmaster.com.au]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 1, 2014 07:49

Cristiano Radtke
From the Frontier Touring Facebook page:

Now's your last chance to grab tickets to The Rolling Stones at Hope Estate!
The final premium GA tickets are now on sale to the general public - these tickets provide guaranteed entry to the premium GA area of the event. This is a fenced off dedicated area located at the front of the GA section, ensuring you priority GA placement without needing to arrive earlier!

[www.ticketmaster.com.au]

Be careful! This appears to be the front of the GA section BEHIND all of the seats.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 8, 2014 22:30

We arrive in Sydney today

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: November 8, 2014 22:47

I wish you a very good time, @deathgod! Hopefully Mick is recovered, enjoy every minute of it. It's so special. But you know that already.

(Always took candy from strangers)

Date: November 9, 2014 00:43

Thanks! Will be my last show. I'm ok with that. Time to say thanks and goodbye.

Date: November 9, 2014 07:48

My friend who missed out due to the cancellation is considering going to Sydney with me now. However only ebay tix are available and I have warned him with Jaggers condition it is a risky propersition since we don't know if he will be better by then.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 9, 2014 12:54

jammingedward
My friend who missed out due to the cancellation is considering going to Sydney with me now. However only ebay tix are available and I have warned him with Jaggers condition it is a risky propersition since we don't know if he will be better by then.

Agreed.
But poor Mick..he comes first so please be patient and understand that its all about him.
Good luck

Posted by: BostonBob ()
Date: November 9, 2014 14:06

Chill, There are always tickets available for a true fan….let Mick heal..if its on its on, show up you ail find a ticket….

Date: November 9, 2014 14:43

Eleanor Rigby
jammingedward

Agreed.
But poor Mick..he comes first so please be patient and understand that its all about him.
Good luck

I've told him brisbane is a safer bet, and to look out for side view tickets closer to the show (they released some in Melbourne)

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 9, 2014 21:49

A QUESTION mark is hanging over The Rolling Stones Sydney concert, with a source close to the band revealing Mick Jagger is still recovering from a serious throat infection.

It will be a nervous wait for rock n’roll fans ahead of Wednesday night’s scheduled show, after the cancellation of a Rolling Stones concert in Victoria last week because of Jagger’s ill-health.

source: [www.dailytelegraph.com.au]

Benjamin.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 9, 2014 22:31

I think it's the second Sydney gig that's hanging loose. I think they will go ahead with the first one. But that may affect the next one.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 9, 2014 22:39

benstones
A QUESTION mark is hanging over The Rolling Stones Sydney concert, with a source close to the band revealing Mick Jagger is still recovering from a serious throat infection.

It will be a nervous wait for rock n’roll fans ahead of Wednesday night’s scheduled show, after the cancellation of a Rolling Stones concert in Victoria last week because of Jagger’s ill-health.

source: [www.dailytelegraph.com.au]

Yikes !!

Fingers crossed for Mick, fingers crossed for everybody going, get well Mick and "slaughter 'em" !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 9, 2014 23:17

It's Monday morning in Sydney
Still no official news on Wed night show.

Will we hear anything today or will they hold on.

Longer we don't hear anything the less confident I feel.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1959
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home