Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Stage in Adelaide
Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: October 21, 2014 14:52

Saw some pics a guy took at 11am today and it's too soon to tell but I am feeling like it will be the Europe rather than Asia stage.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 21, 2014 14:58

I heard today stage is massive but not too high.
We are also front row. Ronnie side.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 21, 2014 14:58

Paulhanrahan
It's the same stage from Hyde Park

Are you sure because the stones don't own that stage,it was used at hyde park this year by the British summertime festival.

Nate

Date: October 21, 2014 15:43

Deathgod

Stage height is interesting when quite often seated crowds in Adelaide are reluctant to stand. They often have to be told by the band that it's not a cinema.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 21, 2014 15:55

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-07 20:09 by colonial.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 21, 2014 16:42

Deathgod

Front row Keith side for us!!!

Re: Adelaide Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: pjb ()
Date: October 21, 2014 22:08

Hey Macnee2 thanks for the heads up on ticketek upgrade rang them last night from New Zealand paid the difference got 4th row B2 30 rows closer see you people Sat.

Date: October 22, 2014 11:30

STAGE IS 1.9 METRES high and dead flat. Biggest video screens ever seen in at Australia apparently, two of them. Totally black stage also?

Date: October 22, 2014 13:25

Yes!

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 22, 2014 23:55

Most newspaper reports are undiluted <censored>, but in the scale of things, this from the Australian Fairfax press is not too awful

[www.theage.com.au]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: October 23, 2014 00:00

The weather forecast for Saturday in Adelaide is 27 and "Mostly Sunny" with the overnight (Sat to Sun) temperature dropping to 12. Nice temperatures for a show at the Adelaide Oval, but it may get chilly towards the end.

BUT, and for non-locals, the UV level is showing up as 9 (out of 10) and that's HIGH, so joking apart... DON'T FORGET THE SUNSCREEN.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 23, 2014 01:48

stage story

It's cool how they make a point of saying it's a 'low stage'.

I'm happy!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 23, 2014 02:45

....................................................................................................................... [www.theage.com.au]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: winos ()
Date: October 23, 2014 04:03

Are you going to Adelaide Rockman? I was at my daughter's school dinner last night with JVG from RRR and I asked if he was going in Melb and he said no interest from him.....

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 23, 2014 05:15

Yeah I'm there winos ... yaself ???

Johnny Von'd be more interested in Springsteen or Bon Jovi wouldn't he??

ROCKMAN

Date: October 23, 2014 06:08

Yes he mentioned the boss....yep I'm in Adelaide for the gig Eastern Stand level 1, can't wait. I'm staying with at the same hotel as the Stones as they had unsold rooms this week at a cheaper rate than where I was booked at the Playford hotel.

Date: October 23, 2014 07:38

Flying in from Perth tomorrow. Staying at Grand Chancellor. Row 1 BLock SA2

woo hooooooooo

SHOW IS NOW A SELLOUT

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 23, 2014 08:02

I will bring the "beer discussion" over here because it is not really related to the rehearsals... For me VB (Victoria Bitter) works fine, because after hours of rehearsals and a bike ride in the dark in the Adelaide streets, crossing multiple red lights, you want an easy beer. Just like Budweiser it is like water with a beer taste, ok for me when I am thursty.

My favorite in Australia is Carlton Draught but the beer selection in the pubs I have found here in Adelaide is somehow weired. I ask for Australian tap beer and they offer me Heineken. I say no and they offer me Tasmanian beer. I say no and after many weired suggestions of local pale ale and various imported beers I ask - Do you have VB - and sure they have it on bottle. So I get VB in a Heineken glass...

I am not a snob but a beer lives in it's glass. I am still looking for great draft beers but it is hard here in Adelaide. Still no reason for being thursty in the city of festivals. I am sure I will have a new favorite here before I leave for Perth on Sunday.

Bjornulf

Date: October 23, 2014 08:12

Same issue whenever I ask for a glass of Sauvignon blanc in Australia the barman always offers up NZ made cats piss that passes as sav blanc.

Now I just ask for Riesling as it's local (usually unless from Germany) produce and Sth Australia produces some of the best riesling in the world.

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: October 23, 2014 08:39

bv
I am still looking for great draft beers but it is hard here in Adelaide.

Seriously? Just about every pub in Adelaide would have Coopers Pale Ale on tap these days - a fabulous beer. It's not as sweet as American pale ales or IPAs - from the tap it almost drinks like a slightly bitter lager. Very thirst quenching. Have a go, you might like it :-)

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: October 23, 2014 08:40

winos
Same issue whenever I ask for a glass of Sauvignon blanc in Australia the barman always offers up NZ made cats piss that passes as sav blanc.

The best Australian sauv blancs are from Margaret River (Western Australia) and the Tamar Valley (Tasmania)

Date: October 23, 2014 08:43

AussieMark
winos

The best Australian sauv blancs are from Margaret River (Western Australia) and the Tamar Valley (Tasmania)

Sure but one of the best Sav blanc is from Sth Aust namely Shaw & Smith which I will drink by the vat this weekend in Adelaide....

Date: October 23, 2014 09:35

bv
I will bring the "beer discussion" over here because it is not really related to the rehearsals... For me VB (Victoria Bitter) works fine, because after hours of rehearsals and a bike ride in the dark in the Adelaide streets, crossing multiple red lights, you want an easy beer. Just like Budweiser it is like water with a beer taste, ok for me when I am thursty.

My favorite in Australia is Carlton Draught but the beer selection in the pubs I have found here in Adelaide is somehow weired. I ask for Australian tap beer and they offer me Heineken. I say no and they offer me Tasmanian beer. I say no and after many weired suggestions of local pale ale and various imported beers I ask - Do you have VB - and sure they have it on bottle. So I get VB in a Heineken glass...

I am not a snob but a beer lives in it's glass. I am still looking for great draft beers but it is hard here in Adelaide. Still no reason for being thursty in the city of festivals. I am sure I will have a new favorite here before I leave for Perth on Sunday.

bv, they offer you Carlton (Vic Brewed) before they offer local and famous Coopers Pale Ale on tap? Drink it nightly.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 23, 2014 12:16

No worries. I had to do some walking to find Coopers Pale Ale on tap but it tasted great. By the time I was back it was time for the Oval and The Stones so it is pretty busy here in Adelaide. I understand Victoria beer is not popular here so I will make sure I do only drink South Australia Beer from now on. Promise.

Bjornulf

Date: October 23, 2014 12:28

any more pics of the staging/stage???????

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 23, 2014 12:29

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 23, 2014 13:07

Posted by: ozstonesfan ()
Date: October 23, 2014 14:24

BV there is great craft beer in Adelaide. Coopers is a macro brewer but their ales are bottle conditioned and better than any beers like VB or Carlton. In Adelaide if you don't like Coopers you are not a real beer drinker. Try a Coopers Sparkling Ale after the show. Don't let the locals fool you though. The bartender might try to roll it for you. If you don't enjoy yeast crud in your beer say no!

Cheers
Andrew

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: October 23, 2014 22:22

Sooo, song vote is online:

[www.rollingstones.com]

Like A Rolling Stone
Rocks Off
Some Girls
Emotional Rescue
Dead Flowers

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: October 24, 2014 00:14

Rockman
Yeah I'm there winos ... yaself ???

Johnny Von'd be more interested in Springsteen or Bon Jovi wouldn't he??

Who in their right mind would have any "interest" in bon jovi?!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1271
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home