Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Adelaide Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 9, 2013 13:23

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the ADELAIDE show of the Rolling Stones "14 on Fire" tour 2014:

Sat Oct 25, 2014
Adelaide Oval
Adelaide
Australia

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-29 04:58 by bv.

Adelaide premium reserve tkts dropping now
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 19, 2013 14:35

Not packages. $510/ tkt

Re: Adelaide premium reserve tkts dropping now
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 19, 2013 14:53

My mate who missed out totally in mad rush of sale day is now in A3 row T. He is now stoked!

Re: Adelaide premium reserve tkts dropping now
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: December 19, 2013 23:49

THANKS

Re: Adelaide Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: January 7, 2014 11:38

As the seating plan for the Adelaide concert is vague and only shows sections, does anyone with a little more experience know how the seats are laid out within the block?

For example, If I have Section A4, Row T Seat 22 and 21, where in the block shown would I be positioned? Any idea how far back from the front of the stage this might be?

I'm curious cause I haven't been to a stadium concert here since Voodoo Lounge, where I was 3/4 of the way back, but for only $90 smiling smiley

Posted by: jamcas ()
Date: January 10, 2014 16:36

Hi,

Just a note for any soccer fans travelling to Australia for the Stones Shows.

If you want to see Italian soccer star Alessandro Del Piero in action and could never get to a Juventus game, well here is a chance. His club Sydney FC will be playing in Adelaide and Melbourne at the same time as the Stones shows.

It actually fits in quite well the schedule with Melbourne and Adelaide for those who are interested.

21/3 Friday - Sydney FC v Adelaide United (Coopers Stadium)
22/3 Saturday - Stones @ Adelaide Oval

28/3 Friday - Stones @ Rod Laver Arena
29/3 Saturday - Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory (Etihad Stadium)
30/3 Sunday - Stones at Hanging Rock

In between the above dates is the Sydney Stones Show. Here you would also have the opportunity to see him in Training and easily get autographs and pictures.

The Stones link:

For those not familiar with who Alessandro Del Piero is, he made a brief appearance on stage with the world cup trophy during the Stones Milan ABB show (just after italy became world champions - check you tube)

cheers
JC

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: January 10, 2014 21:19

Sounds like Del Piero is following the Stones tour

Scalping declared ILLEGAL in Adelaide
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 17, 2014 10:10

Just heard a news item on the (Australian) ABC that the South Australian Govt has declared that the Stones' Adelaide Oval concert (and some other event) is a "Major Event" and that as a result the State's legislation on TIcket Scalping comes into play.

There will be huge fines for illegal ticket sales outside the venue on the day.

As soon as I can find a more complete account of the story I'll add to this posting.

(Edit:

[www.tourdownunder.com.au]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-17 10:16 by CaptainCorella.

Re: Scalping declared ILLEGAL in Adelaide
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 17, 2014 11:14

The trouble is that most of the scalping is done by ticketmaster, getmein etc. Before they ever get into the hands of a traditional tout outside ths venue angry smiley

Date: January 17, 2014 12:05

straycatuk
The trouble is that most of the scalping is done by ticketmaster, getmein etc. Before they ever get into the hands of a traditional tout outside ths venue angry smiley

I'm sure it was a typo but you missed out Viagogo (excuse my bad language!)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 17, 2014 12:46

CaptainCorella
straycatuk

I'm sure it was a typo but you missed out Viagogo (excuse my bad language!)

Indeed, Viagogo is one of the worst offenders .............. pure filth

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 17, 2014 13:16

Hurrah, I'll do the whole OZ tour then. Sell me a 50$ ticket for each show! Now!

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: January 17, 2014 13:37

good i am glad that has been settled

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 17, 2014 14:07

Just in the nick of time, I'd say....

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 17, 2014 15:12

It's been declared illegal? Great. I guess that means no one will ever do it again.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 17, 2014 16:45

tatters
It's been declared illegal? Great. I guess that means no one will ever do it again.

Exactly !! winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 17, 2014 19:30

If you read the whole Story it means only that on the day of the concert ticket scalping on site and some Areas in the City is prohibited.

I would like to recall the Canadian possibility in 2005 when there as only the Calgary Concert in the west of Canada. The scalpers simply sold a CD or any Rolling Stones Fan Gadget and included the tickets for free. So they avoided ticket scalping pretty easy.
Don't get me wrong, I strongly believe that ticket scalping and or secondary markets which overprice the tickets are acceptable. But at the same time when they prohibit ticket scalping the ticket agencies should accept Returns of People who are not able to go due to unforeseen reasons like incidents which they are not responsible for.

Date: January 19, 2014 14:20

Just took a look at the Act.

Note 9(1)(b)
9—Ticket scalping
(1) A person must not, without the written approval of the event organiser for a major event to which this section is declared to apply—
(a) in a controlled area for the event—sell or offer for sale a ticket for admission to the event; or
(b)- in any other case, sell or offer for sale a ticket for admission to the event at a price which exceeds the original ticket price by more than 10%.

Does "in any other case" apply to Viagogo etc or ebay sales of tickets?
Highest price for a premium ticket tonight on Viagogo is $13500 USD.

Date: January 19, 2014 23:18

Macnee2
Just took a look at the Act.

Note 9(1)(b)
9—Ticket scalping
(1) A person must not, without the written approval of the event organiser for a major event to which this section is declared to apply—
(a) in a controlled area for the event—sell or offer for sale a ticket for admission to the event; or
(b)- in any other case, sell or offer for sale a ticket for admission to the event at a price which exceeds the original ticket price by more than 10%.

Does "in any other case" apply to Viagogo etc or ebay sales of tickets?
Highest price for a premium ticket tonight on Viagogo is $13500 USD.

Edit that down to plain english...

A person must not, without the written approval of the event organiser for a major event to which this section is declared to apply sell or offer for sale a ticket for admission to the event at a price which exceeds the original ticket price by more than 10%.

I'm no lawyer, but that seems to stuff Viagogo similar sites. Good.

Perhaps someone in SA may like to report Viagogo to the State's Attorney General?

Date: January 20, 2014 08:50

At work tomorrow I might email an enquiry to the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, or the state Premier (state governor to those of Sam).

I'd like to know if they have any actual intention of enforcing this act.
The state Premier has been out to our workplace a few times lately,so I might be able to sneak a direct email out to him.

I'll let you all know if I get a meaningful response.

I can't see a way to enforce this against a foreign offshore website - each seller can be traced by seat location and credit card details but if they don't live in my state then who is going to go and get them?

Just saw an invoice on the desk where my boss has just laid down $120000 for a corporate suite at Adelaide Oval.
I wonder if he'll let me come up for a drink during Emotional Rescue?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-20 09:09 by Macnee2.

Extra ticket release for Adelaide Oval Mar 22nd
Date: January 24, 2014 00:40

Ticketek has scheduled a "final" release of tickets at 9am Australian CDT on the 29th of January, for the Rolling Stones Adelaide Oval concert.

This may be good news for anyone who still wants to go.

Re: Extra ticket release for Adelaide Oval Mar 22nd
Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: January 24, 2014 01:36

this is pretty cool!

is it an Australian thing to release more tickets after the general sale?

Posted by: winos ()
Date: January 24, 2014 02:18

Yes as the production is finalised seats become available or if certain expensive "packages" don't sell.....I'm waiting for the same thing to happen for the Melbourne shows so I don't have to pay the exorbitant ticket prices!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Date: January 24, 2014 09:06

Winos, do you think this extra influx of seats of unknown quantity is due to:

(A) The promoter realizing he has more space to cram in seats onto the oval surface?
(cool smiley Returns of ticket bundles bought in bulk by third party speculators?

Seriously I hope they just don't intend to pack the rows closer together - I am off to the left and being pushed forward will not improve the sightlines.

I always thought sold out meant sold out. As in we assume the promoter will not intentionally declare a show is sold out just to generate interest or media airtime.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: January 24, 2014 09:53

Possibly the case Macnee2 if they can get more seats or general admission standing capacity they will do so. I understood the Adelaide show was sold out as well, along with the 2 Springsteen shows in Melb where the 2nd show has now more GA tickets available.

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Adelaide ticket drop now
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: January 29, 2014 01:33

Ticketek

Best seats I've been pulling up are floor seats $510 row 27 (AA)

seems to be selling slow, if u want in, get on it now

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-29 01:34 by Deathgod.

Re: Adelaide ticket drop now
Date: January 29, 2014 01:51

Seems to be plenty of not so prime yet expensive seats available and moving slow.
They've opened up sections B1 and B10 to the sides.

Re: Adelaide ticket drop now
Date: January 29, 2014 09:25

There's been a bit of movement in the cheaper seats, but not much action in the premiums. The platinums available are restricted view. I wouldn't buy.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: January 29, 2014 11:48

I have a ticket for this show but due to a personal commitment that has come through (bloody weddings) I will not be able to come to Australia (i'm in Macau thank goodness though). I tried emailing Ticktek (twice) but have received no reply, only automated. I don't think I can get a refund (would be nice if I could) but I have asked them for them to let my ticket be sold to another Stones fan. I have a feeling though that I will get no reply and the seat will remain empty for the gig sad smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 29, 2014 12:32

petewasbristol
I have a ticket for this show but due to a personal commitment that has come through (bloody weddings) I will not be able to come to Australia (i'm in Macau thank goodness though). I tried emailing Ticktek (twice) but have received no reply, only automated. I don't think I can get a refund (would be nice if I could) but I have asked them for them to let my ticket be sold to another Stones fan. I have a feeling though that I will get no reply and the seat will remain empty for the gig sad smiley
They did come back after 2-3 days and refunded tickets for which I made mistakingly a double booking due to creditcardproblems. I think you should call them. Everytime I called them (it took hours to get someone on the phone) they were finally pretty helpful.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2121
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home