Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Perth Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: keeffan ()
Date: December 16, 2013 06:43

It was all over very quickly, at least I have tickets for Adelaide and Hanging Rock but still looking for Perth tickets.

Cliff

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 18, 2013 23:04

CaptainCorella
strat72
georgeV
Perth is probably the nicest city in Australia, IMHO,

I lived in Perth for three months a few years back, it has to be one of the dullest cities I have ever been to....

I lived in Perth for 11 years, and it is indeed one of the dullest cities on earth.

As others have written, it's an immense distance from the other main population centres in Australia - both physically and mentally.

Yes. There are nice places thereabouts - but few and (very) far between. The stuff about Margaret River is largely marketing hype (although the best of the wines are among the best in the world.)

Whilst it no longer shuts down at 5pm, it's still sleepy as heck in what passes as the centre. Developers ripped the heart out of the place in the 60s. That's why Fremantle as a place to visit is nicer than Perth. Public transport is a joke. The climate though is seductive.

Stones' fans who do visit both cities are invited to take a stroll around Perth centre after the show, and then around Melbourne after the show there, and to think about the differences!

The swan valley is an excellent place to visit when in perth.
Just 20 mins from the city and you get brilliant wines and beer brewerys.
Whilst it may be a sleepy city it is very easy to get around.
Also..if travelling by car you dont have the painful toll roads that you get in melbourne..which will nab any tourist.
The public transport is fine..dont know why you are negative here.
ALL buses within east perth to west perth and the CBD are FREE.
So if travelling within these areas by bus it is free.
The go out there is northbridge right next to the city..be careful after midnight.
Subiaco is also a lively area..but the city is dead on weekends.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 19, 2013 03:33

OzHeavyThrobber
Anyone that's not a scalper get tickets to this show?

Be easier raising the Buddah from the dead and teaching him to belly dance.

THANKFULLY YES. I scored 2 in 207 and friends 4 in 206 and 208. I know 4 people who got lucky dips. But you're correct. I tried for pit tkts on the SECOND of 0900 and allocation exhausted. They are all in the hands of scalpers (incl promoter and band IMHO - selling "PACKAGES") .

Extremely happy I am in at face value. EXTREMELY SADDENED that so many friends of mine who wanted tickets to see the band in probably their last swing thru Perth, if not Australia, just did not get a sniff.

IF RUMOURS of only 4 pit tickets actually going on sale on general sale day are true, I think it's scandalous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-19 06:49 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 19, 2013 06:39

Yep on yer page bitusa2012. Friend scored two tix (as yet still don't know what they are) at $450 each PLUS $150 "service fee" and $7.50 credit card charge thru an online 3rd party vendor.

Utterly disgusting.

Upside is however he got one for me as a birthday present. It's good to be popular...

smoking smiley

Enjoy the show mate!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 19, 2013 06:53

OzHeavyThrobber
Yep on yer page bitusa2012. Friend scored two tix (as yet still don't know what they are) at $450 each PLUS $150 "service fee" and $7.50 credit card charge thru an online 3rd party vendor.

Utterly disgusting.

Upside is however he got one for me as a birthday present. It's good to be
Enjoy the show mate!
popular...

smoking smiley

Oh I will enjoy it ok, you too Kyle, but we are also looking fwd to Adelaide. Block A4 Row A somehow popped up on my ticketek App. I thought about it for .... oh about a micro-milli second and bought 'em! FRONT bloody row! Could not believe it!

Date: December 19, 2013 07:55

OzHeavyThrobber

Utterly disgusting.

Upside is however he got one for me as a birthday present. It's good to be popular...

smoking smiley

Enjoy the show mate!

Mate.any danger...esky is waiting..

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: December 26, 2013 10:36

anyone on hear have any accommodation suggestions for perth. tight budget restricts options. was looking at the criterian hotel. any suggestions welcome..

lookin forward to gettin to perth flight booked and cannot wait for the show pit ticket in hand

Date: January 4, 2014 04:11

The criterian hotel is a dive!
If you are really tight there are backpacker accommodation (decent quality) within walking distance from the arena.

kyle..send me an email.

ER

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 8, 2014 07:52

Perth has been showing 'Allocation Exhausted' in red on the Ticketek web site for some weeks.

A short time ago (Sat 8th March - middle of day local time) there was a change. There seem to be a fair number of PC2 tickets there.

I guess they have given up on flogging overpriced VIP tickets.

Hope this helps someone.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: March 8, 2014 10:34

thanks.
Yeah it does.

And it just goes to show what a rip off this act has become. A disgrace for those who pay full price...of course there are certain people who dont have to worry about paying full price for tickets.

Date: March 8, 2014 13:29

Eleanor Rigby

And it just goes to show what a rip off this act has become. A disgrace for those who pay full price...of course there are certain people who dont have to worry about paying full price for tickets.

What does that mean?

I have a fair amount of experience that leads me strongly to the view that there's no such thing as a free (and by implication discounted) ticket to a Stones concert. Every single ticket is accounted for. If someone gets a "free" ticket, then someone somewhere else has put up the money for it, or it has come out of a specified account/budget.

Am I wholly wrong in my view?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: March 8, 2014 15:36

CaptainCorella
Eleanor Rigby

What does that mean?

I have a fair amount of experience that leads me strongly to the view that there's no such thing as a free (and by implication discounted) ticket to a Stones concert. Every single ticket is accounted for. If someone gets a "free" ticket, then someone somewhere else has put up the money for it, or it has come out of a specified account/budget.

Am I wholly wrong in my view?

I was alluding to people who are "close" to the Stones circle who get handouts..

Date: March 8, 2014 23:06

CaptainCorella
Perth has been showing 'Allocation Exhausted' in red on the Ticketek web site for some weeks.

A short time ago (Sat 8th March - middle of day local time) there was a change. There seem to be a fair number of PC2 tickets there.

I guess they have given up on flogging overpriced VIP tickets.

Hope this helps someone.

ALL GONE.

(Reasonable chance that there may be more I guess.... dribbling out.)

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: March 9, 2014 05:34

Having said before I lost all interest in going because of the ticket scam denying me a ticket, I finally got one. My daughter bought me a ticket, so now I am happy to go. Fairly a hypocritical comment on my part I guess, but anger gets you that way sometimes. I sometimes wonder how many fans right from the beginning, are now pensioners, and have no chance of a ticket, either because of cost or are computer illiterate. Well I am going and hope to see some West Aussie fans there, might even meet up with some one who was at the same show as me in '65. It will make my Stones journey complete.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 9, 2014 05:49

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-15 20:31 by colonial.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 9, 2014 05:49

....Ahhhh good news for ya whiskey ... wear ya grooviest jacket and enjoy ya heart out

ROCKMAN

Date: March 9, 2014 07:10

I will do the "Geriatric Shuffle"

Posted by: itsglenn ()
Date: March 10, 2014 06:10

Excellent PC1 (sec 215) & PC2 seats (Sec 305) are dropping right now on Ticketek.com.au.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 16, 2014 00:12

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-09 21:09 by colonial.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: March 16, 2014 09:39

Perth hope ya ready to ROCK as the boys are not far away.. cannot wait to see the lads in action once again. it's gonna be the PIT(s) sic.....

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 16, 2014 10:30

The Stones are now in Perth. Takeoff was 7:59am UTC in Singapore, arrival was 12:48pm UTC in Perth: [www.flightradar24.com] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-16 15:05 by Irix.

Date: March 16, 2014 11:50

The only flight from singapore that I can find as an uknown owner arrives in Perth at 9pm tonight, all other flights are of regular airlines, and that unknown airplane is a b767-200. Or do I have it wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-16 12:07 by whiskey.

Date: March 16, 2014 11:57

Geez there are plenty of people flogging perth tickets on gumtree...

Date: March 16, 2014 12:11

Tickets are bing flogged on ebay as well as gumtree Eleanor Rigby. Makes you wonder how many scalpers in Perth. Hope they get their fingers burnt.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 16, 2014 14:34

Plane due to land any minute !

Date: March 16, 2014 14:40

whiskey
Tickets are bing flogged on ebay as well as gumtree Eleanor Rigby. Makes you wonder how many scalpers in Perth. Hope they get their fingers burnt.

Plenty!
No wonder tickets are reportedly "sold out" when they go on sale..have a think about it..

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: March 16, 2014 20:15

https //twitter.com/rollingstones/status/445248498573656065

Stones have landed see nice picture on Rolling Stones twitter !

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 16, 2014 20:21

Goodbye Singapore. Hello Perth!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 16, 2014 22:00

From Bernard Fowler:

"Jazz gig in Perth, Monday, March 17 with Tim Ries..."

[www.ellingtonjazz.com.au]

TIM RIES AND BERNARD FOWLER PLAY THE MUSIC OF THE ROLLING STONES
MONDAY, 17TH MARCH @10:00 PM

Tim Ries is an amazing Jazz saxophonist who performs with The Rolling Stones. He is professor of Jazz Studies at The Univervisty of Toronto and is regarded as one of the worlds finest Jazz saxophonists. His universe of work as composer, arranger, and instrumentalist ranges from rock to jazz to classical to experimental to ethno to fusions of respective genres thereof. His notable works with wide popularity include The Rolling Stone Project, a culmination of jazz arrangements of music by the Stones produced on two albums, the first in 2005 and the second in 2008.

Bernard Fowler is a singer, songwriter, producer, and actor. He has provided backing vocals with The Rolling Stones for over 25 years on recordings and tours, and has been a featured guest vocalist on the majority of solo albums released by the members of that band. He has also been a regular featured singer on other musicians' recordings and tours. He has appeared on over 30 albums.

Tonight they will be joined by Perth musicians Graham Wood (piano), Ben Vanderwal (drums), Harry Winton (guitar) and bass TBA.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-16 22:45 by Irix.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 17, 2014 09:14

For those registered on Facebook and who don't have the "Rolling Stones: 50" book, here's your chance: [www.facebook.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1247
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home