Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Perth Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 9, 2013 00:32

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the PERTH show of the Rolling Stones "14 on Fire" tour 2014:

Wed Oct 29 and Sat Nov 1, 2014
Perth Arena
Perth
Australia

Bjornulf

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-29 04:57 by bv.

Re: Perth Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: December 9, 2013 05:24

I am puting together all info for acomodation, public transport(train and bus) taxi costs,private car parking etc. Hope to finish a good post by the end of the week. Come to Perth BV its a brand new state of the art Arena.Acoustic perfect.

Date: December 9, 2013 08:23

Why does tickitek make it so bloody hard for presale. They are bloody hopeless.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: December 9, 2013 09:07

whiskey
Why does tickitek make it so bloody hard for presale. They are bloody hopeless.

couldn't agree more and kiwi ticketmaster let me down as well with a good seat i couldn't process and yes all my details were good. guess volume of interest didn't help......

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH

I THINK I'M GOING MAD....

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 9, 2013 09:12

Man this is silly. I wish the Stones weren't so fin huge! Perth is impossible trying to get tix! What happened to the good old days where you lined up, handed over cash, got your ticket?

At this rate I'll be stalking ppl at the concert and knifing them in the back surreptitiously and stealing their ticket...

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 9, 2013 09:44

OzHeavyThrobber
Man this is silly. I wish the Stones weren't so fin huge! Perth is impossible trying to get tix! What happened to the good old days where you lined up, handed over cash, got your ticket?

At this rate I'll be stalking ppl at the concert and knifing them in the back surreptitiously and stealing their ticket...

Very powerful post. I hope you obtain tix without any hassle. The days of lining up and purchasing a ticket at face value has been stolen not from society but fans as well, which derives from a demoralized society.

It's crazy when you have purchased good seats at $200.00 whereas folks sitting next to you haved paid only $50... Patience is on your side and will prevail!!!

Respects - C

Date: December 9, 2013 10:43

I will be wearing a flac jacket

Date: December 9, 2013 12:58

I would love to go to Perth, and according to the map it would be shorter from Singapore to Perth than from Singapore to Sydney. I just need the final two Asia shows nailed down 100% before I can decide on the travel...

Bjornulf

Date: December 9, 2013 14:30

Hope you can get here BV. I missed out on the presale today, Presale can only be described as a scam. I will see how I go next week.I am disgusted with frontier and ticketek.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 9, 2013 21:51

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: December 9, 2013 22:55

Perth is probably the nicest city in Australia, IMHO,

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 9, 2013 23:13

georgeV

Section 202 also may be the nicest section in Perth.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: December 10, 2013 00:45

Hank Marvin (of the Shadows fame ) lives here...maybe in the audience.!..

Date: December 10, 2013 06:36

I can't believe 10 years ago when Bill's second book came out and I had just finished up to where H Marvin was at 3 to 1 odds (if memory serves - which I doubt it will...) to get the gig when Taylor split. And I met him the following day by chance and didn't ask him if that were true!!! He never would have fit but anyways.

He was front row at the Who here back in '09 and Townshend was going on about how he is his guit hero and was talking to him thru the nite from the stage. Was great stuff.

And I agree GeorgeV - Perth is beautiful. It would be a coin toss for here and Melbourne for prettiest city in Australia me finks.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 10, 2013 06:54

Ai, its a beautiful city ... but for all visitors, there are major MAJOR capital works going on at the eastern end of the city (just before the bridge to the airport) and also IN the main city area near the river (Elizabeth Quay project). All these works mean that TRAFFIC in and around the city is a nightmare. Wellington St (where Perth Arena, the venue The Stones are playing) is also having works done on it not 200 metres away from the venue. ALLOW PLENTY OF TIME TO GET TO THE VENUE is you are not staying IN THE CITY PROPER...

Rgds
Rod
Perth

Posted by: Adriano ()
Date: December 10, 2013 16:59

Perth, of all Australian cities, is the one with the best beaches. Nothing more than that. It’s a pretty sleepy and parochial city for the rest. The Arena was open last year and frankly it looks already dated, like something that could have been done 20 years ago.
If anyone is staying around for the weekend before the gig, live music is good at “Devilles Pad” in East Perth and “Mojo’s” in Fremantle (which is a very pretty old town 30 km from the Arena).
Strong point: if you are coming from Europe, Perth is the fastest and cheapest port of arrival in Australia.
Weak point: be ready to do nothing after the gig. Everything shuts at 5pm!!
All in all, come join the great nature and weather and the greatest rock’n’roll band in the world!

Date: December 10, 2013 17:11

I hope I can make it to Perth. It is a long travel, and it would be the first time for me. On my past Australia travels I have barely seen the country. This time I hope I can do a little bit more than wine tasting in Melbourne, holding a wombat and watching kangoroos jumping around in a park. And Phillip Island little marching penguins at night, that was probably my highlight of past Australia travels. I bet Perth has got something equally great to see as well.

Bjornulf

Date: December 11, 2013 04:22

bv
I hope I can make it to Perth. It is a long travel, and it would be the first time for me. On my past Australia travels I have barely seen the country. This time I hope I can do a little bit more than wine tasting in Melbourne, holding a wombat and watching kangoroos jumping around in a park. And Phillip Island little marching penguins at night, that was probably my highlight of past Australia travels. I bet Perth has got something equally great to see as well.

Rottnest and Penguin Island just off the coast to see Quokkas and ... Penguins if they are your fancy.

The best beaches in Australia

Margaret River (3 hrs drive south) one of the best and most beautiful wine regions in the world

Kings Park a natural bushland twice the size of NYCs Central Park, right in the middle of the city

Brilliant new arts centre/museum district

World class restaurants

Swan River

AND VERY EXPENSIVE - recently rated one of the worlds most expensive citys to live in. AS in TOP 3. Thanks to our unusual fly-in, fly-out (FIFO) workforce who work in the resource rich north west of the state.

They fly-in to work up there for up to 6 weeks straight (NO DAYS OFF), then fly-out back to Perth for up to a MONTH off straight. Then the cycle starts again...THEY are paid a ransom (stories of CLEANERS earning up to $150000 a yr or cooks, NOT CHEFS, earning $150-$175000 per yr are not uncommon, and as for the SKILLED workforce......). So BECAUSE Perth has not been able to retain even a semblance of a stable workforce in the past at reasonable pay rates - as we have had to compete with the companies offering FIFO conditions/pay - we have to jack up pay scales for everyone in Perth so then we have to put up the cost of goods and services to cover it....

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: December 11, 2013 04:53

georgeV

I lived in Perth for three months a few years back, it has to be one of the dullest cities I have ever been to....

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 11, 2013 05:20

strat72
georgeV

I lived in Perth for three months a few years back, it has to be one of the dullest cities I have ever been to....

I lived in Perth for 11 years, and it is indeed one of the dullest cities on earth.

As others have written, it's an immense distance from the other main population centres in Australia - both physically and mentally.

Yes. There are nice places thereabouts - but few and (very) far between. The stuff about Margaret River is largely marketing hype (although the best of the wines are among the best in the world.)

Whilst it no longer shuts down at 5pm, it's still sleepy as heck in what passes as the centre. Developers ripped the heart out of the place in the 60s. That's why Fremantle as a place to visit is nicer than Perth. Public transport is a joke. The climate though is seductive.

Stones' fans who do visit both cities are invited to take a stroll around Perth centre after the show, and then around Melbourne after the show there, and to think about the differences!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: winos ()
Date: December 11, 2013 07:33

Perth is a nice place to visit....not sure I'd want to live there....too many sharks!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 11, 2013 07:52

78 Records was a great shop years ago but don't know how it is now days ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 11, 2013 09:44

Perth temp 38c today ... and will hit 39c tomorrow

ROCKMAN

Date: December 11, 2013 10:13

Rockman
78 Records was a great shop years ago but don't know how it is now days ...

Used to be a GREAT GREAT shop. Closed main store now and moved to an upstairs location in Murray St Mall. Rubbish shop, about 50 sqm. Rubbish.

Date: December 11, 2013 12:23

Critical people are often very boring and would hate to be anywhere

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 11, 2013 15:49

Would love to make it to Perth, but we have already squeezed in those dates in the South East in two weeks time. This time it's for the Stones, next time it will be for holidays smileys with beer

Date: December 15, 2013 04:56

I have put together some interesting points so visitors to Perth who are on a tight budget can better plan their expenses before ticket sales tomorrow. Thereis a lot of infrastructure improvements going on at the moment but things will change, after all, the Stones don't get here till March.I have done the best I can but a lot has been happening around me this week.

Trains,(all day ticket)average for most $12 per day.

Buses, about the same.

Meals,A good meal can be had in various cafe's and counter meals in a lot of hotels, (not neccessarily CBD hotels stay away from fast food outlets and boutiques) $12 each or sometimes less.

Accommodation, Hostels and bed and breakfast,Average $50 per day. When dealing this way read reviews of previous stayers.

General info, People are friendly(most) ask a question and people will help where they can. Most important bring a hat(not a cap)and sunscreen. Some people think its funny that overseas visitors can get sun burnt, its not, Ausralia has the highest toll in the world for cancerous melanoma. I want you to enjoy Perth not suffer.Summer has only just started and today is going to be 41 cel.March starts to get cooler, but still hot.
More detail and info I will get better about 2 weeks before the concert for you. I hope this short post has helped some people, its the best I could do under current circumstances.

Date: December 15, 2013 05:00

[www.gumtree.com.au]

Thought I would add a sample.

Date: December 16, 2013 04:54

Anyone that's not a scalper get tickets to this show?

Be easier raising the Buddah from the dead and teaching him to belly dance.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: December 16, 2013 05:48

did they even have tickets for perth on sale, could not even get a sniff.....

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1117
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home