Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Tokyo Rolling Stones shows and travel info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 8, 2013 15:12

Please use this thread to discuss details about ticket sales, travel and more regarding the TOKYO shows of the Rolling Stones "14 on Fire" tour 2014:

3 shows:
Wed Feb 26, Tue Mar 4, Thu Mar 6
Tokyo Dome
Tokyo
Japan

Bjornulf

Re: Tokyo Rolling Stones shows and travel info
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: December 8, 2013 15:54

I´m in for the lottery march 4&6. Fingers crossed, never been to Japan.

Tokyo tix
Posted by: steady ()
Date: December 9, 2013 01:09

What can a poor boy do who is ignorant of Japanese?
Any advice is highly appreciated.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 12, 2013 14:41

Posted by: mickeyjaggar ()
Date: December 13, 2013 06:34

Hi all
They will update more info about VIP ticket packages in details at the following web-page until Dec 16th, which marks the last date of primary sale.

[14onfire-japantour.com]

[14onfire-japantour.com]

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: December 14, 2013 11:49

hi...
any place where its possible to know tickets prices in euros or dollars with site map ?
thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-14 11:49 by O2.

Re: Tokyo tix
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: December 14, 2013 18:49

steady
What can a poor boy do who is ignorant of Japanese?
Any advice is highly appreciated.
Wow, I'm not sure where to begin but I'll try. I would recommend flying into Haneda airport, which is close to the heart of the city instead of Narita, which is a few hours to the north of Tokyo. The public transport system is one of the best in the world so getting about is efficient and place names are written in Japanese and Latin script. There are too many places to count as to where to stay near the Dome but here is but one place with transport to and from Haneda and the Tokyo Dome Hotel, which as the name suggests is adjacent to the Dome itself: Haneda to Tokyo Dome By the way, the limo referred to in the link is not a limo as it is understood in the US and Europe but a bus. Finally, as to the language barrier, many Japanese don't speak English but you'll find many are very friendly and helpful and will do their best to help out a stranger in a strange land. All in all I think you'll do just fine. Hope this helps...

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 15, 2013 01:56

Does anyone know how to switch the language on the Stones Tokyo ticket page to English? It is just impossible for me to navigate in Japanese. Rolling Stones - Tokyo 2/26/2014

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: December 15, 2013 02:32

Does anyone know how to get tickets outside of Japan, besides waiting for the VIP packages to go on sale? Thanks!

how can i get tickets for tokyo?
Posted by: stonphan ()
Date: December 14, 2013 23:46

I have been trying to find a english version of the web site for tickets to the three concert in Tokyo,they go on sale the 18 but it seem that everything is in japanese on the official site? Anyone with a suggestion on how to get tickets with Mastercart,paypal or whatever else?!
big,big thank you for the information.
Stonphan

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 15, 2013 15:04

There is no way to buy tickets in English or from overseas, as far as I can see. In the past, the fan club always had a ticket sale in English (and decent but not great seats). The Tokyo presale a are a total crap shoot - you could easily get seats in the nosebleeds or even worse, at the back of the floor - you never know until you receive the tickets. At least during the general sale, you can usually see where the seats are before you buy. I'm in meetings on the day they go on sale, but I might be able to help people secure tickets in the aftermarket.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 15, 2013 15:27

Try slotix.com, which is Shelley Lazar's site.

It says Tokyo packages coming soon

Posted by: stonphan ()
Date: December 15, 2013 15:53

There is a shopping helper japanese site call ''www.fdjp.com'' do you you think it can be good and that we can trust it?

Date: December 15, 2013 23:42

jazzbass
Does anyone know how to switch the language on the Stones Tokyo ticket page to English? It is just impossible for me to navigate in Japanese. Rolling Stones - Tokyo 2/26/2014
I looked and unfortunately I did not see a way to switch between Japanese and English as the site is intended for the Japanese audience...

Posted by: tornnfrayed ()
Date: December 16, 2013 00:03

Any idea if the Stones will be adding a couple shows at the Budokan ?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 16, 2013 00:58

ChrisM
jazzbass
I looked and unfortunately I did not see a way to switch between Japanese and English as the site is intended for the Japanese audience...

Follow the instructions via the link below. I've done this for other languages and just tried it with the Stones Tokyo ticket page and it worked.

[www.ehow.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-16 01:06 by Beast.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 17, 2013 01:51

Beast
ChrisM
jazzbass

Follow the instructions via the link below. I've done this for other languages and just tried it with the Stones Tokyo ticket page and it worked.

[www.ehow.com]

Thanks, for the most part, it worked!

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: December 17, 2013 14:53

you can also use Chrome which will translate the page for you making it semi-comprehensible

Date: December 18, 2013 01:36

Semi-comprehensible is right. The translation from Japanese to English was not very good and did not convey the nuances of the Japanese at all well. But, if it got jazzbass and anyone else who wanted a ticket sorted all's well...

Date: December 18, 2013 06:37

Tokyo Information:

West Shinjuku - Bootleg Heaven
[www.vinylrecordcollector.net]

Jimbocho - Book Heaven
[www.japan-talk.com]

Ochanomizu - Guitar Heaven
[www.alphabetcityblog.com]

Akihabara - Electronics and Otaku Heaven
[www.japan-talk.com]

Run, run Rudolph 'cause I'm reelin' like a Sushi-Go-Round
[mouseintokyo.wordpress.com]

What about Hot Springs after the Stones?
[www.laqua.jp]
You'll get there within three hundred steps just crossing over the pedestrian overpass from The Tokyo Dome.
You can stay there till 6 the next morning.smiling smiley

Date: December 18, 2013 07:23

Toru A
Tokyo Information:

West Shinjuku - Bootleg Heaven
[www.vinylrecordcollector.net]

Jimbocho - Book Heaven
[www.japan-talk.com]

Ochanomizu - Guitar Heaven
[www.alphabetcityblog.com]

Akihabara - Electronics and Otaku Heaven
[www.japan-talk.com]

Run, run Rudolph 'cause I'm reelin' like a Sushi-Go-Round
[mouseintokyo.wordpress.com]

What about Hot Springs after the Stones?
[www.laqua.jp]
You'll get there within three hundred steps just crossing over the pedestrian overpass from The Tokyo Dome.
You can stay there till 6 the next morning.smiling smiley

What happend to the Stones Gimme Shelter store that used to be in Parco ? Is there another Stones store now in Tokyo ? Where is the best place to buy bootlegs now ? Thanks

Date: December 18, 2013 08:46

tornnfrayed
What happend to the Stones Gimme Shelter store that used to be in Parco ? Is there another Stones store now in Tokyo ? Where is the best place to buy bootlegs now ? Thanks

I don't know much about Gimme Shelter store.smiling smiley

The shop above Jimmy Page visited is Blind Faith in West Shinjuku.
I'm a frequent shopper at CD shops in Ochanomizu area.

Date: December 18, 2013 16:02

Toru A
tornnfrayed

I don't know much about Gimme Shelter store.smiling smiley

The shop above Jimmy Page visited is Blind Faith in West Shinjuku.
I'm a frequent shopper at CD shops in Ochanomizu area.

I think the Gimme Shelter store was pretty well known internationally. Used to be in Shinjuku and then moved to Parco in Shibuya. But the last time I was there, 2 years ago, it has closed. It was an interesting store. Lots of Stones stuff, lots of commerical junk but always a few interesting things as well.

What is the best store for Stones bootlegs in Tokyo ? Would love to have a recomendation.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: December 19, 2013 01:50

Don't know if it's the best store for Stones bootlegs, but Blind Faith stocks the most comprehensive selection of any I've visited in Tokyo. I had to resist the child-in-a-sweetshop urge on my first visit, and remember that a lot of the boots I'm interested in were recorded decades ago, and will most likely sound awful.
For any first time visitors, worth pointing out that the division between bootlegs and legit recordings are a bit more fluid in Japan; it's quite possible to find them all mixed in together in a lot of stores.

Lee

Posted by: Amy340 ()
Date: December 19, 2013 03:40

I translated the ticket page to English, but then it wouldn't let me translate the buy page, it said "secure pages cannot be translated". Is there anyway to buy on a page written in English?

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: December 19, 2013 16:16

tornnfrayed

The Gimme Shelter in Parco (Shibuya) is now renamed and just an ordinary pop & rock shop. There was another one in Roppongi about 100 yards from Hard Rock Cafe but it closed recently. That one had only a little merchandise in the front and a cafe area in the back.

Fortunately, there are still quite a few very good bootleg merchants in Nishi Shinjuku:

CRAZY MAMA: All Stones specialty shop. CDs...I think this is the source of all the Vinyl Gang Productions releases. 8th floor.

BACKTRIP RECORDS: Good selection of Stones cds and dvds. 9th floor.

BLIND FAITH: They've got a wall full of Stones cds and dvds; reasonably priced.

LIGHTHOUSE RECORDS: Several Stones cds. Prices are a little more expensive.

STRANGELOVE RECORDS: They've got a wall full of Stones cds and dvds; reasonably priced.

RED RING RECORDS: Stones vinyl.

I'll post directions and photos if there is any interest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-20 19:12 by StonedInTokyo.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: December 19, 2013 17:33

StonedInTokyo
tornnfrayed

The Gimme Shelter in Parco (Shibuya) is now renamed and just an ordinary pop & rock shop. There was another one in Roppongi about 100 yards from Hard Rock Cafe but it closed recently. That one had only a little merchandise in the front and a cafe area in the back.

Fortunately, there are still quite a few very good bootleg merchants in Nishi Shinjuku:

CRAZY MAMA: All Stones specialty shop. CDs...I think this is the source of all the Vinyl Gang Productions releases. 7th floor.

BACKTRIP RECORDS: Good selection of Stones cds and dvds. 9th floor.

BLIND FAITH: They've got a wall full of Stones cds and dvds; reasonably priced.

LIGHTHOUSE RECORDS: Several Stones cds. Prices are a little more expensive.

STRANGELOVE RECORDS: They've got a wall full of Stones cds and dvds; reasonably priced.

RED RING RECORDS: Stones vinyl.

I'll post directions and photos if there is any interest.

Yes please!

Date: December 20, 2013 15:23

If you want to stay Chinese-owned hotel in Tokyo like Stones do, it'll be cool.smiling smiley

If you want to economize the budget, this must be the place.
[www.toyoko-inn.com]

You'll get The Tokyo Dome within five hundred steps from this hotel.
Many concert-goers from outside of Tokyo utilize this accessible hotel.

Date: December 20, 2013 19:11

Crazy Mama (Vinyl Gang Productions Outlet) in Nishi-Shinjuku (Tokyo), Japan

Date: December 20, 2013 19:39

If driving, turn left at the light for Nishi-Shinjuku bootleg district. This intersection is about two blocks north of Shinjuku Station, which from this point of view would be located about 500 yards to the right:

Crazy Mama (7th floor) & Back Trip Records (9th floor) are located in this bldg:

Below is Blind Faith, located about two blocks north of Crazy Mama & Back Trip.

It's on the same side of the main street as them, about 200 ft down a small side road. If you start walking north from the Seven Eleven adjacent to the Crazy Mama / Back Trip Records bldg and come to another Seven Eleven on the
left you've walked too far. You should turn back and make a right into the
next side street.

Note when I say walking north you are walking further away from your starting point at Shinjuku Station.

To get to Strangelove records, just go back to main street that Crazy Mama / Back Trip Records are on and continue walking North a block or two. There's a big yellow banana on the sign. You can't miss it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-20 19:50 by StonedInTokyo.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home