Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Why it's called "Hanging Rock"
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 20, 2014 12:42

erikjjf
slewan
note that on RS.com all postponed dates are marked with "NEW DATE TBC" - except for "hanging rock" !

"NEW DATE TBC" has now been added for Hanging Rock.

GREAT!!

(That must have changed in the last few minutes as I've been checking from time to time this evening. Obsessive? Me? Nah!)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: March 20, 2014 13:18

erikjjf
slewan
note that on RS.com all postponed dates are marked with "NEW DATE TBC" - except for "hanging rock" !

"NEW DATE TBC" has now been added for Hanging Rock.

Can you link to this for us? I am only ever seeing "postponed"

Re: Melbourne and Hanging Rock Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 20, 2014 13:19

[www.rollingstones.com]

A little further down.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 20, 2014 14:11

JumpingKentFlash
Rockman
Just be glad it's not Hanging C o c k.......Oh but we have them all over Australia

Denmark too mate. I heard it's like that all over the world. Except Greenland. They're all eunuchs....

No...it's just that it's cold.

Date: March 25, 2014 23:00

CaptainCorella
Melbourne :

Public transport (metro trains, trams) is not free in Melbourne (1). You have to pay to use the trams and trains. (I'm putting that first because I've seen a posting here that claims that they are free.)

Unfortunately the system (called MYKI) is not very tourist friendly. You need to buy a MYKI card (from a machine outside most train stations – they are NOT for sale on the trams - or from a 7-11 store) and then you need to top it up with money (at a station, or at a 7-11 store). Daft? Yes. Am I responsible for that? No.

You cannot jump on a tram with cash and pay the driver.

Looks like I may be slightly wrong about that!

The current State Govt in Victoria (wherein Melbourne is situated) has just announced a proposal to make all Trams (& trains probably) free within the centre of Melbourne.

If they get re-elected in November, and keep this promise (neither of course guaranteed - we're talking politics here), then this is expected to happen from 1st January 2015.

So, if The Stones return during 2015, public transport in the middle of Melbourne will be free.

BUT... if they return during 2014, as currently predicted, public transport in the middle of Melbourne will not be free.

Watch this space.

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: March 28, 2014 14:25

I think that Melbourne transport proposal was approved as I read in some newspaper.

So I went down to Rod Laver Arena today, returned my ticket to the Arena next door where people were gathering for the 30 Seconds to Mars show, funny some people offered me tickets...I've never even listened to one song.

Anyway, somehow this makes me feel better, I've filmed "the crowds" at the Rod Laver Arena as I might not get a chance to do it again in November:

video: [www.youtube.com]

The lady at the counter told me that it's definitely in the works for November and the announcement should come shortly.

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 14:27 by zgubi.

Date: July 1, 2014 10:46

In this thread I've several times posted that the best route from the centre of Melbourne to Hanging Rock is on the Calder Highway and that (despite what Google may offer) going past Melbourne Airport and through Sunbury is not a good idea unless you are a Cricket Tragic. (Which of course refers at least to Mick & Charlie).

The reason to go through Sunbury was that it would take you past the entrance to Rupertswood Mansion, which is where the very first Ashes game was played, and thus has an interesting connection with Cricket history.

However....

Rupertswood Mansion CLOSES to the public this coming weekend (6th July 2015).

For the past few years it has been used for hotel/conference venue/hospitality. The lease is up, the leaseholders are selling off all of the contents (that do not belong with the house, but does include some Ashes memorabilia) at auction on site on 5th July, and the property will revert to the owners.... The Silesian Order. There is no public information about planned use, other than it will not be open to the public.

So, if you, or anyone you know, were planning to combine a Rolling Stones concert with a side trip to visit the site of the original Ashes... cancel your plans.

I do not hold out any positive hope for future use. See [www.heraldsun.com.au]

If I find out more about access I will keep the information up to date.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: September 10, 2014 07:33

Frontier Touring (the promoters) have created a dedicated site for Hanging Rock.

For information on all our concerts at Victoria's Hanging Rock, including tips on transport and accommodation as well as things to do while in the Macedon Ranges, head to our brand new web site: www.hangingrockconcerts.com

A bit repetitive in places, and they omit the need for a torch on the way back to a car in the usually unlit car parks! Hopefully they will add the traffic flow maps in good time.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 10, 2014 08:07

...The glow from the eyes of the wild dingo's will guide ya ....

ROCKMAN

Need advice on tickets
Posted by: IfYouStartMeUp ()
Date: October 5, 2014 15:44

Hi,

I am trying to get tickets to one of the Australian shows next month (Hanging Rock Reserve, Macedon, Victoria, November 8th).

I'm trying to get them from eBay because the official ticket site has been sold out for a long time. In the FAQ section on the official ticket site, it says that tickets may not be accepted if they are bought from a third party. But how would they know the tickets were bought from a third party?

Basically what I'm asking is can I get into the concert with tickets bought from a third party (ie eBay)?

Thanks.

Re: Need advice on tickets
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 5, 2014 16:09

if you don't get sold counterfeit tickets by some unscrupulous soul you should be fine.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 5, 2014 16:12

I concur - that warning is just because some third parties might be selling bogus tickets.
Hope your quest to get what you need goes smoothly.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 5, 2014 17:09

I agree. My only potentially "dodgy" ticket is my Melbourne pit one as I have bought via Viagogo. Soon as they had my money, they informed me that they send out tickets 3 days before the event......I'll have been in Australia (from the UK) for a week by then. May have to get Hotel delivery which I'm not happy about. AND to wind me up further. Pit packages are back on the official site for less than I paid for it !

I was more patient with Hanging Rock and Sydney and scored great pairs of seats for for both from Ticketek and printed off at home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-06 03:41 by straycatuk.

Date: October 6, 2014 01:08

IfYouStartMeUp
Hi,

I am trying to get tickets to one of the Australian shows next month (Hanging Rock Reserve, Macedon, Victoria, November 8th).

I'm trying to get them from eBay because the official ticket site has been sold out for a long time. In the FAQ section on the official ticket site, it says that tickets may not be accepted if they are bought from a third party. But how would they know the tickets were bought from a third party?

Basically what I'm asking is can I get into the concert with tickets bought from a third party (ie eBay)?

Thanks.

"Sold out"? As of a few moments ago this site still had tickets..

[www.ticketmaster.com.au]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Meet up in Melbourne Wed 5th Nov
Posted by: snibbs1234 ()
Date: October 24, 2014 12:11

As some on this site are gonna be in Melbourne on the Wed 5th , i would love to put a face to the login, who's up for a Bevvie & chat pre gig ?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 24, 2014 18:25

i am up for a round at royal Melbourne

Date: October 25, 2014 00:36

FREE CONCERT FREE CONCERT FREE CONCERT

Frontier Touring (who are the main promoters of the Australian Tour) just sent out this email - read it carefully. The venue is right next door to the Rod Laver arena, and one of the bands is support at Hanging Rock, and the show is 2 days before The Rolling Stones at Rod Laver

This year, on Melbourne Cup Eve, Frontier Touring and Mushroom are teaming up with beyondblue and Melbourne Park for a special Mushroom Free For All concert celebrating local music and giving back to the people of this fine city at Melbourne’s newest venue - Margaret Court Arena (at Melbourne Park).

The opening of the reinvigorated space will see some of Australia’s most popular and acclaimed new generation artists take the stage: Dan Sultan, British India, Husky and Lanie Lane.

The venue’s premiere event will allow for punters of all ages to come along for FREE to the brand new space, and listen to some of the country’s best musical offerings while there.

Those attending the event will be able to support the tireless work of beyondblue – volunteers will be present with collection tins throughout the venue to accept your generous donations which will help to reduce the impact of anxiety and depression on individuals, families and carers, and society as a whole.

FIRST ACCESS FOR FRONTIER MEMBERS
Frontier Members gain first access to these tickets from Monday 27 October at 10am AEDT

To access and print your tickets, use your unique Frontier pre-sale code on the ticketing page when the first access period begins:

<deleted, sorry>

CLICK TO ACCESS YOUR FREE TICKETS
After the first access period for Frontier Members closes, tickets become available to the general public from 10am AEDT next Tuesday 28 October.

With seating at this event reserved, ensure you get in quick to secure the best (FREE!) seats in the house!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 30, 2014 02:07

Weather forecasts...

Tues 29th (Melbourne Cup) 29C Late shower
Wed 30th Rod Laver show 25C Possible shower

That latter may mean that the roof will be closed at Rod Laver.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 30, 2014 02:50

roof is always closed at Laver

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 30, 2014 02:56

Roof is always open at Hangin' Rock .......

ROCKMAN

Date: October 30, 2014 03:00

Roofies are prob cheaper in Sydney

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: October 30, 2014 15:04

Just wondering if Melbourne is doable. Arrive MLB 9:20am Saturday morning...get to the venue (no tix in hand), see the show, back to MLB for flight our Sunday afternoon.

And how much time for the ETA?

Posted by: winos ()
Date: October 30, 2014 23:59

I was out at the Hanging Rock site yesterday, the stage set up progressing is well it's a very wide stage area and I wandered around the grassed area which is not very steep so I'm not sure I will bother trying to get $99 tickets if they become available.

I Was asked to leave the area as it is a "work site" and I didn't have a high viz jacket on......!!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Date: October 31, 2014 01:09

put on a high viz and you will get on stage !

Date: October 31, 2014 04:04

Weather forecasts...

Tues 29th (Melbourne Cup) 29C Late shower
Wed 30th Rod Laver show 24C Possible shower, dropping to 12C overnight

That latter may mean that the roof will be closed at Rod Laver.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: October 31, 2014 04:29

As Rockman has already pointed out the roof is always closed at Rod Laver for concerts.....otherwise what would they hang all the gear from?

Date: October 31, 2014 09:09

winos
As Rockman has already pointed out the roof is always closed at Rod Laver for concerts.....otherwise what would they hang all the gear from?

I see no such post about Rod Laver from Rockman winking smiley

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-31 09:10 by CaptainCorella.

Date: October 31, 2014 09:59

It might have gone through to the keeper Captain.....

Date: November 2, 2014 10:38

Weather forecasts...

Tues 4th (Melbourne Cup) 29C Cloud Increasing
Wed 5th Rod Laver show 19C Mostly Sunny, dropping to 9C overnight
Sat 8th Hanging Rock show 32C Windy with showers

That latter may mean that the roof will be open at Hanging Rock.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 2, 2014 11:25

Why is it so much colder in Melborne? Do I need to wear my jacket from now on, or will it improve?

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home