Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Melbourne and Hanging Rock Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 16, 2013 03:12

YEP Pete... I'm in ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 16, 2013 03:17

Yay!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 16, 2013 03:18

CaptainCorella

If it's really sold out, and really done so fast, then I'm surprised and impressed that they are still so popular among non-hardcore fans like the folk registered here.

Thousands of the people who bought tickets wont be going, mate. They'll be re-selling them on viagogo. Same old story.

Date: December 16, 2013 03:28

Rod Laver pit is going to be freaking amazing!

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: January 3, 2014 03:58

Guys- I will be in Australia on business in March and have booked hotel and air for Melbourne arena show on the 28th. How do I buy ticket? Nothing up on Stubhub where I ususally buy tickets. Is there an Australian Stub hub or some other site ?

Thanks!

Date: January 3, 2014 06:20

packages still available at ticketek

Or hold out closer to date

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 3, 2014 07:14

Montrealsuperfan
Guys- I will be in Australia on business in March and have booked hotel and air for Melbourne arena show on the 28th. How do I buy ticket? Nothing up on Stubhub where I ususally buy tickets. Is there an Australian Stub hub or some other site ?

Thanks!

(In addition to what Deathgod has correctly written....)

If you have deep pockets and are, by implication, prepared to support their basically deceptive practices, then there are masses of tickets here...

[www.viagogo.com]

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 3, 2014 07:23

compare to the US Tour there are only mediocre amount of tickets available on third markets like viagogo. So it seems that a lot of People stick to the tickets they bought and wanna see the Stones for mostlikely the last time in the Southern Hemisphere at least Pacific Rim.

The Prices on viagogo are very stable if not to say have inreased even in the last 10 days during Christmas. I do not know how they market will be outside the Arenas, but perhaps there are People on here from down under. In the US and Europe it is easy to get tickets before the Show, but it might be difficult. Compare to viagogo I would rather go for a package but viagogo is a safe third market. Stubhub seems not to sell any tickets at all.
Good luck

Date: January 3, 2014 07:25

You can still get into pit on a package. These may become avail as cheaper (non VIP) closer to date.

But remember, it's only one arena show in Melbourne, apart from hanging rock.

Date: January 4, 2014 04:02

Thanks for the tips. Hope to see some of you guys at the show!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 4, 2014 04:11

Hope to see some of you guys at the show!

Okay ... I'll be the one feedin' crocs in the GA area...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: January 7, 2014 02:42

On the night of Saturday March the 29th (the day between RL & HR gigs), a bunch of talented local Melbourne musicians will be playing the entire Goats Head Soup Album (in order) I’ve recently been informed. Those who have seen it performed last year said it was excellent. The venue is reportedly Melbourne’s (if not Aussies) premier rock bar – Cherry Bar in ACDC Lane.

[cherrybar.com.au]

I have no association with the Band or Bar, but it sounds like it will be a great night. See you there!!

Cheers
Richard

Date: January 7, 2014 04:52

Rod Laver Melbs pit packages sold out

Posted by: Hansel1976 ()
Date: January 7, 2014 11:51

The Goats Head Soup album performance at The Cherry Bar was a Classic!What an absolute treat for Melbourne Stones fans both last year,and the comming show this year.I'll be out and about that weekend,to meet the band and to get into the Beer for the first time in years!There was a performance of Beggars Banquet recently at the same venue cats!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 9, 2014 12:55

Found this by chance during googling:

(Click on pictures to see the Website)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-09 13:20 by Irix.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 10, 2014 09:01

Gazza
CaptainCorella

If it's really sold out, and really done so fast, then I'm surprised and impressed that they are still so popular among non-hardcore fans like the folk registered here.

Thousands of the people who bought tickets wont be going, mate. They'll be re-selling them on viagogo. Same old story.

Very true. Some think buying a Stones ticket is like investing on a rock solid bully stock market. It is not. It is rather like investing in bananas. The older they get the more banana lovers have got their own. On show day there are few desperate hard core fans outside the venue without tickets...

Bjornulf

Date: January 10, 2014 10:49

So, if I turn up at the venue with a HUGE bunch of bananas I'll get in? Feed them to Grrrregory?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: jamcas ()
Date: January 10, 2014 16:34

Hi,

Just a note for any soccer fans travelling to Australia for the Stones Shows.

If you want to see Italian soccer star Alessandro Del Piero in action and could never get to a Juventus game, well here is a chance. His club Sydney FC will be playing in Adelaide and Melbourne at the same time as the Stones shows.

It actually fits in quite well the schedule with Melbourne and Adelaide for those who are interested.

21/3 Friday - Sydney FC v Adelaide United (Coopers Stadium)
22/3 Saturday - Stones @ Adelaide Oval

28/3 Friday - Stones @ Rod Laver Arena
29/3 Saturday - Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory (Etihad Stadium)
30/3 Sunday - Stones at Hanging Rock

In between the above dates is the Sydney Stones Show. you would also have the opportunity to see him in Training and easily get autographs and pictures.

The Stones link:

For those not familiar with who Alessandro Del Piero is, he made a brief appearance on stage with the world cup trophy during the Stones Milan ABB show (just after italy became world champions - check you tube)

cheers
JC

Posted by: abbey712 ()
Date: January 14, 2014 22:42

It might be too early for an answer to this but does anyone know if the shuttle from woodend to hanging rock is for passengers arriving by train only or could we drive to woodend and just hop on the free shuttle? We will be coming from bendigo and thought about doing this to save the nightmare that was exiting the car park at Springsteen there last year.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 14, 2014 22:46

How about VB?

Bjornulf

Date: January 15, 2014 06:54

If you want to get some idea of the Melbourne venue, then the current (mid-January 2014) Australian Open Tennis is in large part coming from The Rod Laver arena.

So find it on a TV near you and watch some of it.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: January 17, 2014 03:40

Here's a link to quite a nice image inside Rod Laver

[images.theage.com.au]

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 28, 2014 13:57

Just to let you know: Single seats are again available for Hanging Rock and very little for Melbourne.

Might be of your interest.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 29, 2014 05:07

Melbourne is sold out again, but they still have packages available. Unless they sell those packages, there should be more ticket drops as the show date approaches. That's what happened in the US.

Posted by: winos ()
Date: January 29, 2014 05:55

drbryant
Melbourne is sold out again, but they still have packages available. Unless they sell those packages, there should be more ticket drops as the show date approaches. That's what happened in the US.

I sure hope you're right drbryant otherwise it will be first time I will miss seeing the Stones in my hometown since 1973.....!!!

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Date: January 29, 2014 06:35

winos
drbryant

I sure hope you're right drbryant otherwise it will be first time I will miss seeing the Stones in my hometown since 1973.....!!!

I reckon that there's a more than good chance that there will be a repeat of last week's ticket drop.

Just stay glued to iorr!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: winos ()
Date: February 4, 2014 11:24

Splashed my cash today and got 4 tickets to Melb arena show on the side in PC2 seats looking down on the tongue pit. Tickets were all gone in a couple of minutes.

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: February 4, 2014 12:27

I upgraded to PC1 - couldn't help myself when I was offered 8th row inthe stands on keiths side - so now have a very decent side view PC2 to sell a cost price if anyone is looking.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: February 5, 2014 08:03

Goats Head Soup full album gig at Cherry Bar on March 29th (evening between RL & HR) now on sale!
Be very very fast!! $25. See you there!!!

[www.trybooking.com]

It should be a great night!

Date: February 14, 2014 03:35

Guys- I was watching Australian open on TV last month and noticed that the stadium is open air? Will it be covered for Stones?

Still no ticket but flights and hotel booked.....

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1107
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home