Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Melbourne and Hanging Rock Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 9, 2013 07:07

I was in at 4pm and could not get a tongue pit general admission seat...

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: winos ()
Date: December 9, 2013 07:16

Yes it makes you wonder....I thought I had 4 $375 tickets but they just disappeared up their own arse! Try again Monday for Melbourne

pool's in but the patio ain't dry

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: December 9, 2013 07:19

Wuudy
I was in at 4pm and could not get a tongue pit general admission seat...

4:15 and starting over I've not been able to score a single ticket at any price. So, either the proportion in the pre-sale was very small, or the site has failed to properly allocate tickets.

Having read about the experiences in NZ this morning I have hope that it's the latter.

I'm going to keep trying for a while in case it's a snafu that untangles.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: December 9, 2013 07:33

They are already being scalped on Ebay

Date: December 9, 2013 07:36

terraplane
They are already being scalped on Ebay

How much? Bastards!!

Date: December 9, 2013 07:38

$1,200 for tongue pit. But various prices

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-09 07:39 by terraplane.

Date: December 9, 2013 08:09

terraplane
$1,200 for tongue pit. But various prices

Can someone explain to me how tickets could have been obtained for (eg) Melbourne and put on sale before the Pre-sale at 4:00 local?

Date: December 9, 2013 08:27

It is a good question. Any of the tickets I got offered in pre-sale were crap even at top price. I'll wait until next week

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: December 9, 2013 08:53

That was the worst pre sale ever! Had to buy expensive single seats for Melbourne and Sydney. Hope to do better next Monday and sell the ones I got. There was a group of 4 of us all trying at the same time, and we could all only get single PC1 tickets.

Gave up on Brisbane because of same scenario. Gonna try next week for those.

Got 4x GA for Hanging Rock easily though!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 9, 2013 10:46

I used 3 computers to make the deal. Had to get up 3,50 AM in the Morning in Europe to finalize all purchases. Very breathtaking and now I am happy but a wreck!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 9, 2013 21:54

Melbourne:

Hanging Rock:

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 10, 2013 01:39

just took the plunge on VIP pit tix for Melbourne.

How can I not say goodby and thanks to my boys in my hometown.

Officially broke forever.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 10, 2013 15:24

As we have all our tickets for our southeastern Aussietour we looked for accommodation. Now for Hanging Rock there is just nothing more available or you pay 5* prices for shared bathroom facilities. We booked us in in Melbourne and are very close to the Rod Laver Arena and will make the effort with the car to Hanging Rock. I mean there will be hundreds of cars back to Melbourne so I think we don't get lost.Hopefullysmoking smiley. As we wanted to do the whole Tour with a camper we had to bury that idea and now move by car. As the opening hours for camperrentals (returning) are very limited and also the parking facilities oat the arenas expensive and not favourable (like 50 AUS$ up, but no overnight parking!) we decided car and hotel. If you search for hotels be aware that the night of the concert has already increased by somehow 50-80 % in some areas.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 10, 2013 15:41

this sounds like when heck of an adventure

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 10, 2013 17:13

Melbourne is great, but bring an umbrella. It might start raining in half a minute. But most of the time it is great. Even with free public transportation in the city, it took a while before I figured out that one.

Bjornulf

Date: December 10, 2013 21:38

bv
Melbourne is great, but bring an umbrella. It might start raining in half a minute. But most of the time it is great. Even with free public transportation in the city, it took a while before I figured out that one.

Weather: Yes, Melbourne is (in)famous for its "Four Seasons In One Day" climate. The way to deal with that is layers of clothes. It's a fact of life here. Note that for Hanging Rock the information says that umbrellas are not allowed and there will be bag searches at the entrances. Bring a waterproof.

Public Transport: It is NOT free. There's one free circular tram route in the centre. All other journeys are paid trips. You need a (strange plastic card) MYKI card to travel on the trains and/or trams. You cannot buy a MYKI on the trams, so need to buy one at a 7-11 or a train station before boarding.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: December 11, 2013 00:01

Also Hanging Rock at night gets cold.
Not Europe/US crazy cold, but cold for us Aussies.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 11, 2013 00:21

Haha, I love your comment Deathgod, "cold for Aussies"
I'm Dutch but living in Sydney for three years and I still find it hilarious that every "winter" the people here are complaining about the harsh weather when it's only 18 degrees and sunny.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: December 11, 2013 01:03

Wuudy
Haha, I love your comment Deathgod, "cold for Aussies"
I'm Dutch but living in Sydney for three years and I still find it hilarious that every "winter" the people here are complaining about the harsh weather when it's only 18 degrees and sunny.

It's totally possible that during the day on March 30th at Hanging Rock the temperature could reach 30C. People will turn up in thin t-shirts and shorts and so forth. It will be lovely - apart from us all getting blinded by the sun as it sets behind the Rock.

The sun will go down, and so will the temperature. If the sky is clear the temperature will drop to about 10C - and that's a temperature that needs warm clothes.

Perhaps not while The Rolling Stones are performing and we are all standing up dancing, shouting, and cheering.... but you'll need warm clothes.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: December 12, 2013 00:19

My letter to The Age in Melbourne published today 15/12:
The Stones may well have sold out in more ways than one this week: the price gouging for the Rolling Stones is beyond a joke! I know the demand is there and The Stones only have to play one show in each city to rake in double the concert revenue a very smart man is Sir Mick….!

I’ve been a Stones fan since 1969 and I’m disappointed they can’t make another (preferably a blues influenced) cd….2 new songs in 7 years and 5 albums in 30 years is pretty slack. With the passing of every year and another tour very little new music is produced as they can continually cash in on their 60’s & 70’s catalogue which one would agree is the greatest of any band.
The fact that they are charging “fans” $375 for a seat that any other band would be charging (Bruce Springsteen was charging $180 in March) is disgusting. In April I paid $60 to see Black Sabbath and $150 for Aerosmith that the Stones are charging $375 for!
I am re-considering whether to fork out that kind of money for me and my family to see the Stones as I’ve seen them 10 times around the world and I’m not sure I need to hear Miss You & Satisfaction etc again without some more interesting songs such as Ventilator Blues, Heartbreaker or even Fancy man blues.

I’m sure acts like Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Dylan and certainly not Bruce would have the gall to fleece fans like Jagger & AEG / Frontier Touring are doing.

There have many irate comments from people on the IORR European Stones web forum, particularly after the Frontier Touring pre-sale on Monday where many people purchased expensive VIP packages in case they missed out on tickets. I missed out and may try again next Monday if I get over the price gouging issue!

Posted by: jammingedward ()
Date: December 12, 2013 02:55

Grison
As we have all our tickets for our southeastern Aussietour we looked for accommodation. Now for Hanging Rock there is just nothing more available or you pay 5* prices for shared bathroom facilities. We booked us in in Melbourne and are very close to the Rod Laver Arena and will make the effort with the car to Hanging Rock. I mean there will be hundreds of cars back to Melbourne so I think we don't get lost.Hopefullysmoking smiley. As we wanted to do the whole Tour with a camper we had to bury that idea and now move by car. As the opening hours for camperrentals (returning) are very limited and also the parking facilities oat the arenas expensive and not favourable (like 50 AUS$ up, but no overnight parking!) we decided car and hotel. If you search for hotels be aware that the night of the concert has already increased by somehow 50-80 % in some areas.

There is a bus service to the hanging rock concert - about $60 pp thru ticketmaster. You don't need parking at rod laver, it's very accessible from the city by waliking or public transport!

Date: December 12, 2013 08:29

winos
My letter to The Age in Melbourne published today 15/12:
The Stones may well have sold out in more ways than one this week: the price
......Snip.....

Lightly edited in the copy of The Age that I picked up, but well done for getting it published.

But there was a more intriguing letter buried deep in The Green Guide. The context is that in Sunday's 60Minutes feature Mick talked about food parcels (tinned peaches etc) being sent to the Jaggers in the UK from the relatives in Australia.

Famous connection

Mick Jagger (60 minutes, Nine, 8/12) is a relative of mine. My indigenous granddaughter can dance just like Mick. Unfortunately, my forebears did not send tinned fruit to Mick and his family, but he is welcome to pop in on my humble home.

Pauline Santillo, Altona North

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: December 12, 2013 08:52

I didn't see that in the Green Guide this morning that was a funny letter...

Yes mine had a bit of editing by the Age where they left out the revenue stream issue. I also sent an email to Brian Wise from RRR's Off the Record and he said he doesn't have a problem with the prices but with the scalpers....don't we all....! In last Saturday's show Billy Pinnell had major issues with the ticket prices.

With the lucky dip I wonder if the Stones give your money back if don't get a ticket.....????

Date: December 14, 2013 06:37

I've just got back from checking the mobile phone coverage at the paddock where the Hanging Rock concert will take place. We drove round the outside - it was too locked up to warrant a trespass.

We got fine coverage with Telstra.

I got NO coverage with Optus, except at the South East corner on Straw's Lane, where I got a small (2 bars out of 5) signal.

I know that folk who travel internationally (for Stones concerts and other minor reasons) often like to buy a short term mobile, or a sim for their phone - well the message from me is that if you plan to go to Hanging Rock and expect to use your phone while you are there, then you MUST make sure that you are on the Telstra network.

(To be fair, all other Australian shows are in capital cities where, as far as I know, all networks have pretty much full coverage.)

And, it's about 6.5kms from the motorway/freeway exit to the paddock, and it takes about 10 minutes to get there from the middle of Woodend.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: December 16, 2013 00:29

Missed out on the arena show I threw 4 tickets away as I couldn't justify spending over $1400 to be in the nosebleed section. Hanging Rock lucky dip was a shit dip!!!

Date: December 16, 2013 01:32

Absolutely no luck at all for Rod Laver.

And that was despite being signed in, and on the Ticketek site in two separate computers - one for the PC3 tickets, and the other for Lucky Dip.

Despite hitting return at 09:00:01 and getting 'wait' it denied me any Lucky Dip tickets at all.

Tried for 30 minutes until it said "Allocation Exhausted". I did capture the URL and the parameter string to allow revisiting from time to time. It's greyed out on rollingstones.com

Similar problems with the PC3 tickets.

If it's really sold out, and really done so fast, then I'm surprised and impressed that they are still so popular among non-hardcore fans like the folk registered here.

Date: December 16, 2013 01:59

Packages still available all over the place.
Rod laver pit, floor, decent sides, it's all a scam.

Date: December 16, 2013 02:11

They are a scam as many tickets seem to be held over for packages. No way was I signing up for them. One consolation I have is holding 2 tickets to Adelaide. The other thing to remember is that closer to the gig when the production is finalised sometimes more tickets are made available.

The Stones should've played at AAMI park to allow for another 10,000 people to see them and for Sir Mick to make more $$$$$

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 16, 2013 02:55

Packages still available all over the place.
Rod laver pit, floor, decent sides, it's all a scam.

YEP first in line at Ticketek but told only 4 Pit tickets available for public sale.... Yet VIP's available on line

ROCKMAN

Date: December 16, 2013 02:57

U get in pit Rockman ?

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home