Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Keith On Fire 14 set!
Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: December 18, 2013 11:16

Yeah,that was a bit lame - too much Qld sun,well,that's my excuse.Cheers mate.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 18, 2013 12:01

...cheers man ... yeah gonna be 40c here tomorrow ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: December 18, 2013 12:30

Ouch!!,hope you got somewhere cool and comfortable Rockman,and dont forget to keep hydrated.My neighbour brings over some of his homebrew when it gets warm up here - that's another story.

Re: Keith's set
Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: December 18, 2013 22:14

He should shorten his set to one song, and mix it up a lot more. I love cda but except that he will never play it.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: December 19, 2013 10:12

It's not easy to mix up a one-song set.

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 19, 2013 13:24

Hahaha.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 19, 2013 15:08

strat72
He should shorten his set to one song, and mix it up a lot more. I love cda but except that he will never play it.

Have to say I never thought he'd play 'All About You' or 'Thru and Thru' so it was a huge and very pleasant surprise when he dusted those off on the BTB and Licks tours. I was at Madison Square Garden the night he debuted 'Thru & thru' and it was marvellous. He nailed it (and then quite hilariously botched the intro of 'before they make me run' - a song he could probably play in his sleep!)

No reason why he cant or shouldnt play 'Comin down again'. Whilst Mick has a bit of a thing about losing the audience's interest by playing too many ballads or lesser known songs, its really not an issue for Keith's set as a sizeable % of the crowd use it as a piss-break anyway. Something he's more than aware of and accepts.

Date: December 19, 2013 15:12

Chris Fountain
Torres
If you guys want a change in Keith's set,you need to address your wishes to...Chuck.

Although I'm relatively new to the board, I've heard this type of statement numerous times. Is it true Chuck determines the setlist or is it decided by committee?

Chuck pitches suggestions. Mick then tells him to get real.

Thats basically it.

Date: December 19, 2013 15:14

Chris Fountain
Why not extend the setlist to 5 songs? this would cover all exceptions and perhaps introduce new material. Also, this could give Mick Jagger more rest and extend the entire concert setlist.

5 songs?

The one gain out of that for the Stones would be that the merchandise sales would absolutely rocket,

Why would Mick Jagger need a 20-25 minute rest in the middle of a show?

Posted by: Des ()
Date: December 19, 2013 19:05

Say what you will about the song choices. I have to admit one of the greatest concert moments I have ever seen was in vancover, last show for NA tour (Bcool smiley. Keith is in that grey period of folks wondering what his head injury is doing to his playing, Mick has cancelled shows for his voice. The tour video has a bit on the somber mood of this show, which as it snowed outside could be felt in the building, the mood not the snowsmiling smiley

Mick anounces Keiths set. Keith walks forward to applause I have never seen before or since, truly heart felt wishes for him. He makes several attempts to address the mike but is turned back, humbly retreating not sure what to make of it. The rest of the band stands behind in a group acknowledgement of the admiration poured on Keith, Keith shrugs his shoulders at the band, he can not start. Mick mouths something in Keiths direction which appears to surprize him. On the next approach to the mike he anounces the band is going to let me play three songs!

So if his sets are so questionalble why was that so special a moment, how does a guy get applause like that?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 19, 2013 20:04

Me LOVES K's set, in particular the slow numbers. He is able to recreate in a stadium the intimacy of a club. Plus, the band is able to show its sophisticated/mature side. Slippin Away is always my fav choice.

C

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: December 20, 2013 02:59

NoCode0680
The first time I saw The Stones in '97 Keith opened his set with "All About You". People filed out for the bathrooms, or sat down and started chatting, faster than you could blink an eye

He did that at the Oakland '97 show, and my friend's wife was with us. She wasn't even a casual fan, just knew a few songs. Anyway, when he played AAY, she said, very surprised, "Oh my gosh, he's really good!" Not that this is the norm, but she was sincerely impressed. As was I.

Date: December 20, 2013 03:23

Des
Say what you will about the song choices. I have to admit one of the greatest concert moments I have ever seen was in vancover, last show for NA tour (Bcool smiley. Keith is in that grey period of folks wondering what his head injury is doing to his playing, Mick has cancelled shows for his voice. The tour video has a bit on the somber mood of this show, which as it snowed outside could be felt in the building, the mood not the snowsmiling smiley

Mick anounces Keiths set. Keith walks forward to applause I have never seen before or since, truly heart felt wishes for him. He makes several attempts to address the mike but is turned back, humbly retreating not sure what to make of it. The rest of the band stands behind in a group acknowledgement of the admiration poured on Keith, Keith shrugs his shoulders at the band, he can not start. Mick mouths something in Keiths direction which appears to surprize him. On the next approach to the mike he anounces the band is going to let me play three songs!

So if his sets are so questionalble why was that so special a moment, how does a guy get applause like that?

Nice post. WE get it, Des. Thats the thing. thumbs up

Kinda reminds me of seeing him in Berlin - my first show after the Fiji incident - seeing him hit his stride during that solo in 'Before they make me run' and getting pretty emotional realising that if things had been a little different, 'you wouldnt have been here tonight, mate'....

Three songs in Vancouver. I forgot about that. I think that was the only time it ever happened. Wish I'd a recording of that show.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 20, 2013 14:09

liddas
Me LOVES K's set, in particular the slow numbers. He is able to recreate in a stadium the intimacy of a club. Plus, the band is able to show its sophisticated/mature side. Slippin Away is always my fav choice.

C

thumbs up
Yes , he can do that.

I Hadn't really crystalised that thought before... but it's a rare talent.

which Keith's Song would you hear for the 2014 on Fire Tour?
Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: January 20, 2014 01:50

hey guys !
I hope to see them for this new tour. I'm living in Paris , FRANCE and I hope to see them this Summer but anyway I would like to know which keef's song would you like to hear for this new tour?

Personaly I really want to hear SLEEPING AWAY and YOU DON'T HAVE TO MEAN IT and you ???

Re: which Keith's Song would you hear for the 2014 on Fire Tour?
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 20, 2014 02:02

Coming Down Again and Slipping Away.

And then after his two song set, they should play Salt Of The Earth as a nice transition between Keith and Jagger's reentry to the stage.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: January 20, 2014 02:11

Coming Down Again
Sleep Tonight
We Had It All

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: January 20, 2014 02:20

Little t & a

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 20, 2014 02:53

Connection..........or change the song and the lyrics to Connected as we all seemed connected these days.....

Salt Of The Earth

Not sure if it will works out right............Gimme Shelter?

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: January 20, 2014 03:31

there are too many good song ... THE WORST will be great !!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: January 20, 2014 04:35

Coming Down Again
How Can I Stop?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 20, 2014 04:59

Slipping Away. Beautiful tune.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-20 05:43 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 20, 2014 05:09

Lil TnA and Happy

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 20, 2014 05:12

Keith will juggle between the three songs he has been playing thus far. It's meaningless to suggest what we would rather he play instead.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 20, 2014 05:23

Send It To me
Coming Down Again
How Can I Stop?

thumbs up ......although he probably wouldn't do two slow ones together so, alternate these with any other faster or reggae ones...........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-20 05:25 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 20, 2014 05:58

stonehearted
Keith will juggle between the three songs he has been playing thus far. It's meaningless to suggest what we would rather he play instead.
...in other words... a(nother) perfect topic to be discussed ad infinitum here?

Date: January 20, 2014 06:26

Wanna Hold You?

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: January 20, 2014 06:40

Always love hearing "You Got The Silver" and maybe do "Thru And Thru".

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: January 20, 2014 06:49

Coming down again and losing my touch

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 20, 2014 06:55

Learnin' the Game and maybe something for Phil Everly ..... Gone Gone Gone

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home