Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Keith's set
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 6, 2013 22:59

Why not extend the setlist to 5 songs? this would cover all exceptions and perhaps introduce new material. Also, this could give Mick Jagger more rest and extend the entire concert setlist.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 6, 2013 23:57

Chris Fountain
Why not extend the setlist to 5 songs? this would cover all exceptions and perhaps introduce new material. Also, this could give Mick Jagger more rest and extend the entire concert setlist.
5 songs would be interminable for 90% of the audience. And even as a Keith fan I don't know if I'D want 5 songs. All his songs kind of sound the same and by making more a slot you decrease the chances of hearing newer Keith songs. He plays the same 6 or so rotating in at this point. Now we'd just hear ALL of them all the time.

Date: December 7, 2013 00:12

RollingFreak
Chris Fountain
5 songs would be interminable for 90% of the audience. And even as a Keith fan I don't know if I'D want 5 songs. All his songs kind of sound the same and by making more a slot you decrease the chances of hearing newer Keith songs. He plays the same 6 or so rotating in at this point. Now we'd just hear ALL of them all the time.

I think Keith's set has a very positive aspect on all Stones fans these days. At Boston 2, for example, (I don't live there; happen to be there on business) no one got up for a BR break. The audience participation was intense and attentive.

I wouldn't say this was necessarily the case a few decades ago. I can't give a timeline when level of audience appreciation changed. I'm only going by my some 40 years of Stones concert attendance and they were all different.

Also, he has his own arsenal of songs that could be considered. For example, "It's a Struggle" would be a great addition.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: December 7, 2013 00:25

If you guys want a change in Keith's set,you need to address your wishes to...Chuck.

Date: December 7, 2013 00:37

Torres
If you guys want a change in Keith's set,you need to address your wishes to...Chuck.

Although I'm relatively new to the board, I've heard this type of statement numerous times. Is it true Chuck determines the setlist or is it decided by committee?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-07 00:45 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 7, 2013 00:41

I think most would agree here that when Keith's songs are being played, that's the cue for those in the crowd to go to the washroom or get something to eat/drink.

I would love to hear Sleep Tonight or We Had It All, which has always been one of my favorite Keith songs since I first got it on bootleg back in the mid 80's!

Date: December 7, 2013 00:48

DGA35
I think most would agree here that when Keith's songs are being played, that's the cue for those in the crowd to go to the washroom or get something to eat/drink.

I would love to hear Sleep Tonight or We Had It All, which has always been one of my favorite Keith songs since I first got it on bootleg back in the mid 80's!

Actually, his set is now a highlight of this Gorilla tour. I do agree, with song selections!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 7, 2013 00:54

To satisfy all the alternate song requests named in this thread, Keith should just call Steve Jordan and Waddy Wachtel and have the Winos billed as the opening act for The Stones.

Date: December 7, 2013 01:07

stonehearted
To satisfy all the alternate song requests named in this thread, Keith should just call Steve Jordan and Waddy Wachtel and have the Winos billed as the opening act for The Stones.

Excellent! I think the point here is that some Stones' fans would like to hear maybe one or two more songs in setlist with Keith singing solo. This is not necessarily a setlist argument. On the other hand, we can't dismiss the fact he is an equal architect in the construction of Stones music.

I thought that VH1 Stones Doc special back in 1990? showing Mick and Keith creating Mixed Emotions was awesome.

Keith On Fire 14 set!
Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: December 18, 2013 02:34

Keith this may well be wishful thinking but consider this:

Sitting at a piano - ALL ALONE Keith - and playing/singing "Somewhere over the rainbow".

I really believe if you concentrated for three and a half minutes on playing this and being the great musician you are and forget being "Keith Richards" rock star for this time you will have the crowd in the palm of your hand and will be the talking point of the tour.

Then have your three mates come out to join you in playing the Australian #1 hit "Under the boardwalk". You tickling the keys and singing; Mick strumming acoustic chords sitting atop the grand piano; Ron playing and upright bass and Charlie on a mini kit all huddled closely together.

May as well hope for a hurricane to start spinning the other way into a cyclone cos it's bored I know but what a lovely thought it is...

Re: Keith On Fire 14 set!
Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: December 18, 2013 04:43

Oh, sure! Then he can break into:

Love is a Many Splendored Thing OR
Quando? OR
Please Release Me OR
The Impossible Dream OR
(They Long to be) Close to You OR
Top of the World OR,

if he REALLY wants to go big,

a duet with Mick on, what else,

We've Only Just Begun!

Just WOW!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: December 18, 2013 04:58

I think you're onto something pointlessly smoking smileyangry man!

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: December 18, 2013 05:24

Schmaltzing with Keef!

Phunnie!

smileys with beer

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 18, 2013 05:26

Should he do a version of Waltzing Matilda while he is at it?

Date: December 18, 2013 06:46

Probably not. However him playing "Waltzing Matilda" might even be more hilarious than asking should he do it!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 18, 2013 07:24

They might play anything, they played some "Wichita Lineman" when I saw them in Wichita back in 2006.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 18, 2013 07:33

Mick mentioned Slim's Pub With No Beer recently .so ya never know

ROCKMAN

Date: December 18, 2013 08:06

Just so long as they can pipe it into the restrooms--where most of the crowd will be.

Date: December 18, 2013 08:17

....No rest-rooms down 'ere mate .... Ya just gotta hold on till ya find a tree

ROCKMAN

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: December 18, 2013 08:19

I realize the thread is about Keith - but I would love to hear Mick give Chad Morgan's " Thrashing Machine" a try..

" When Rosie was pretty and just seventeen
I showed her the works of me thrashing machine"

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: December 18, 2013 08:23

OzHeavyThrobber
Keith this may well be wishful thinking but consider this:

Sitting at a piano - ALL ALONE Keith - and playing/singing "Somewhere over the rainbow".

I really believe if you concentrated for three and a half minutes on playing this and being the great musician you are and forget being "Keith Richards" rock star for this time you will have the crowd in the palm of your hand and will be the talking point of the tour.

Post of the year

Date: December 18, 2013 08:24

...Well in that case Keith should drop the teeth and knock out a cover of The Sheik of Scrubby Creek ....

ROCKMAN

Date: December 18, 2013 08:24

No rest-rooms down 'ere mate .... Ya just gotta hold on till ya find a tree

Wow, you all must have bladders of steel there. OK, they'll need to pipe it to the concession stands, where 80% of the audience will be lining up for a beer run, because if there's anything that kills the vibe of a rock concert it's a piano with no accompaniment.

Date: December 18, 2013 08:26

Steel Bladders and Kidney Stones......good name for the Perth bootleg

ROCKMAN

Date: December 18, 2013 08:32

Ha-Ha! I like that! thumbs up

A little something to play in your voodoo lounge.

Date: December 18, 2013 08:34

...ya should come on down stonehearted ... coulda come to Hanging Rock with us ...

ROCKMAN

Date: December 18, 2013 08:39

I wish I could, Rockie--especially with the foot of snow we have here in Boston this week. Hope you will enjoy your Summer of Stones--Jumping Jack Flash sounds killer on this tour. Without the extra players dampening the volume, Keith really has it cranked up, and it will only leave you wanting more More MORE!.

Date: December 18, 2013 08:50

I dig what ya sayin' ...ooowww yeah always wanting MORE ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: December 18, 2013 10:37

Rockman
...Well in that case Keith should drop the teeth and knock out a cover of The Sheik of Scrubby Creek ....

I like where you're going here Rockman,and not wanting to go against your better judgement,but what about Keith doing a smokin hot version of Billy Field's Bad Habits?

Date: December 18, 2013 10:56

....ooowww know it's a Aussie tune but that's pushin' the friendship klrkcr

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1898
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home